Pages:
Author

Topic: DIRA - The BrainMining coin! - (NXT clone, 10% of total supply to NXT holders) - page 18. (Read 7249 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
any idea when this will be back up?

We are in touch with the hosting to find a solution can supports higher amount of traffic (much more we were expecting), the hope is to be online in a little time with same hosting or in some days in case we have to switch to another.

Sorry I am fairly new, but the PoS on transaction fees, does this mean I am rewarded for spending (similar to store cards) ? Shocked Cheesy

The transaction fees are actually the reward of the forgers. When you make a transaction, for example send 1 DIRA to another address you pay a minimal amount of 1 DIRA, if a blocks has 150 transactions of 1 DIRA the forger will gain 150 DIRA. In order to forge you need more forging power (= a good amount of coins). Basically the more coins you have the more are chances to forge a blocks and gain the transactions fees of that block. We are giving large amount of DIRA to give users possibility to forge and disable our current account generator (if the stake is low the blocks won't found and the blockchain stops).

Activity: 168
Sorry I am fairly new, but the PoS on transaction fees, does this mean I am rewarded for spending (similar to store cards) ? Shocked Cheesy
Activity: 182
Merit: 5
The hosting couldn't support the traffic of the website and it went down. We are upgrading the hosting to one more powerful but it does need some time. Technical problems of the host weren't really solved.

Currently the mining, based on a client-server constant connection is down.

wallet is full of bug it does not update problem of brain mining. always shows old problem... Sad

As said above, with the hosting down the mining cant work.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

any idea when this will be back up?
The hosting couldn't support the traffic of the website and it went down. We are upgrading the hosting to one more powerful but it does need some time. Technical problems of the host weren't really solved.

Currently the mining, based on a client-server constant connection is down.

wallet is full of bug it does not update problem of brain mining. always shows old problem... Sad

As said above, with the hosting down the mining cant work.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
in fact, your site is completely down
Activity: 72
UPDATE
CPUMining again up through the website: http://www.diracoin.org/Home/CpuMining

(Please let us know if you experience any issue so we can fix it as soon as possible)

In the next days we'll release a new client with bugs fixed, an improved and lighter server-client connection to avoid server issues and a brand new kind of brainMining: BrainCypher. Stay tuned.

404 file or directory not found..lol
UPDATE

(Please let us know if you experience any issue so we can fix it as soon as possible)

In the next days we'll release a new client with bugs fixed, an improved and lighter server-client connection to avoid server issues and a brand new kind of brainMining: BrainCypher. Stay tuned.

Page gives a 404

CPU mining also not working via client ....
Activity: 58
Activity: 58
What is brain cypher exactly?
UPDATE

This project is already dead... Too bad, the idea was good.

Sorry to hear that, we can't say nothing to make you change your mind but only go on working make the facts will talk for us.
Activity: 42
I like this project and especially the idea of brain mining. It needs to be improved but it is a great new idea.
We want to be clear about this. DIRA isn't and won't be a coin just to be mined by a rig or similar and sold. If your main target is to sit down and let your hardware make you rich you really misunderstood the reason of DIRA itself. Alternatives mining (CPU and GPU) will always be marginally to the BrainMining that is the main feature we strongly are focused in. Anyway, in order to accomplish every user we'll work to make a good service even for how many doesn't want to BrainMine but, it will always be a lot less profitable than BrainMining.

Fair enough, and i agree, but you can't include CPU mining and then at random decide to kill it -- while your primary focus might be "Brainmining" you need to understand that NOT everyone is going to (or can for that matter), Brainmine! Some people just suck at math, period!! It's that simple. If your project was geared towards a high school group, cool, but it isn't. Please decide if you want to have CPU enabled or disabled .. i can almost assure you that without that you'll be stuck with a project that has a total of 20 users.

Ps. the server situation is still in your court! hoping for an update soon

As already said, CPUMining is only temporarily disabled and will be enabled as soon as possible. It has been only one day and the total of BrainMinings it only about 2000 rewards vs 2500 of the CPUMining in just some hours, this should give you the idea how much is more easily for the "hardware" miners to collect coins than people who doesn't have high level hardware. So please have patience, we'll try to make satisfied all kind of users.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
one more thing, this account DIR-R9LL-XZ9S-T8HU-FML6P has 5 billion coins. its forging all the blocks, so theres no hope of actually forging any blocks unless you can compete with 5 billion coins.

So goodluck to the dev with his coin. i will be moving on, there is no way i can get enough coins to forge successfully and the mining is disabled.
This project is already dead... Too bad, the idea was good.
We want to be clear about this. DIRA isn't and won't be a coin just to be mined by a rig or similar and sold. If your main target is to sit down and let your hardware make you rich you really misunderstood the reason of DIRA itself. Alternatives mining (CPU and GPU) will always be marginally to the BrainMining that is the main feature we strongly are focused in. Anyway, in order to accomplish every user we'll work to make a good service even for how many doesn't want to BrainMine but, it will always be a lot less profitable than BrainMining.

Fair enough, and i agree, but you can't include CPU mining and then at random decide to kill it -- while your primary focus might be "Brainmining" you need to understand that NOT everyone is going to (or can for that matter), Brainmine! Some people just suck at math, period!! It's that simple. If your project was geared towards a high school group, cool, but it isn't. Please decide if you want to have CPU enabled or disabled .. i can almost assure you that without that you'll be stuck with a project that has a total of 20 users.

also, it's ok that it's less profitable than brainmining .. the amount of time it would take me to get one calculation done (and be first to solve it) VS the amount of time it would take me to mine 5 blocks for the same value, is the same

Ps. the server situation is still in your court! hoping for an update soon.
What is forging, is that like staking?

i think so but there is no indicators for stats, no network weight or difficulty as far as i can tell, so you might forge/stake forever and get nothing because the difficulty might be to high and you will never know.

@Dev, can you shed some light on this please

Dear users, to forge you have to manually start the forging with the passphrase (the indicator turns to green). All the info about the the network you can find in the blocks page of the client and in details of the block by clicking on it (base target, cumulative difficultu etc). About forging difficulty this is a tricky question. At the moment we are forging with the only address "DIR-R9LL-XZ9S-T8HU-FML6P" to ensure to find a block per minute until the numbers and the stake of DIRA's users become big enough to find blocks regularly. It's only day two of DIRA so users had barely reached the confirmation of 1440 blocks and effective balance for forging (that is the balance after 1440 blocks) is still not sufficient. We are giving through the mining a lot of DIRA in order to give the opportunity anyone to forge as soon as possible and deactivate the forging on our address (the difficulty of the block is calculated every 2 blocks so soon it will go down). In the meantime our advice is to collect as many as DIRA you can so you can improve your forging power. The rewards of mining will regularly decrease in time in order to not inflationate the coin so this is the perfect time for mining.

PS You can even create "Forging pool" with the leasing of balance, but we'll make a FAQ to cover this and other aspects.

Will this be tradeable on exchanges?

As I said above, this is only DIRA's day two so we have still a lot of work to do prior to make application to an exchanger. We think that is better for DIRA to wait at least the mid Q2.

I don't mean to be a muppet here, devs, but it kinda does depend on you ... it's a pretty bad experience to kill cpu mining a few hours after launch because of network issues ... move to a better host with better server then. This is frustrating! NOT everyone wants to sit and manually calculate!

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
one more thing, this account DIR-R9LL-XZ9S-T8HU-FML6P has 5 billion coins. its forging all the blocks, so theres no hope of actually forging any blocks unless you can compete with 5 billion coins.

So goodluck to the dev with his coin. i will be moving on, there is no way i can get enough coins to forge successfully and the mining is disabled.
Activity: 25
Sorry for the issue but it really doesn't depend on us, the server is still unstable, if we enable the cpu mining you'll have a bad user experience with interruptions everytime the server goes down and client lose the connection.

I don't mean to be a muppet here, devs, but it kinda does depend on you ... it's a pretty bad experience to kill cpu mining a few hours after launch because of network issues ... move to a better host with better server then. This is frustrating! NOT everyone wants to sit and manually calculate!

Very true and at this time it's not fair because only people sitting in front of their computer can earn coin. Please it's time to stop the the brain mining too meanwhile the cpu mining up. Undecided Undecided Undecided
Sorry for the issue but it really doesn't depend on us, the server is still unstable, if we enable the cpu mining you'll have a bad user experience with interruptions everytime the server goes down and client lose the connection.

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
What is forging, is that like staking?

i think so but there is no indicators for stats, no network weight or difficulty as far as i can tell, so you might forge/stake forever and get nothing because the difficulty might be to high and you will never know.

@Dev, can you shed some light on this please
Pages:
Jump to: