Pages:
Author

Topic: Discontinued: Lancelot (Heavy Duty 400 Mega hashes, 2 x FPGA Mining Board) - page 16. (Read 86437 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
i thought i read some where that they could report temps

Though correct me if im wrong Tongue

and if they can im sure if a couple of us donated to kano and ckolivas they would probably modify cgminer to accomodate the temp recording function.
I'll do it for free - coz I have one Tongue
Just I don't think they do and haven't seen it documented anywhere.

Thats Great Bud Cheesy

I Found where i read it XD
it in the user manual in BlackArrows first post in the other features bit

Code:
Board temperature monitoring.
PWM fan control and speed monitoring.
standard 6 or 9CM low speed(1200RPM) fan.
FPGA core temperature.

Im not sure if it means we can get temp monitoring or even fan control but i hope we can Cheesy
That would be the hardware, it would require an MCU update to access and report that information (if it is possible)
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
I hate how newbies are preyed upon.

Yeah it really sucks and it also make the rest of us look like a bunch of dicks Sad
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
I hate how newbies are preyed upon.
Activity: 191
Merit: 110
Does anyone know if Blackarrow gauged enough interest to get this group manufacturing started?
I dint think temperature is available outside the controller. And there's no pwm from my experience.

Ahh im not sure
1. I haven't got my devices yet Tongue
2. like kano said there is not allot of documentation on it.

That was the best i found in the User Guide Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
Block Eruptor USB or Blades are a better deal than this.

Lets do some math.

Block Eruptor USB: 2BTC minimum
Blades : 50BTC

Lancelot, lets say 300$ on average. Gox say 127$, so 2,38BTC. The group price at the moment is 269, so 2,1BTC

Block Eruptor USB: 300MH/s --> 150mh/s per BTC
Blades: 10gh/s --> 200mh/s per BTC

Lancelot --> 169mh/s.

Blades are a better deal, Block eruptors probably not. And I doubt we are counting electricity in an ASICs vs. FPGA fight now, are we?

Oh, and in group manufacturing? 399/2,1 --> 191mh/s per BTC. Clear winner Lancelot.
Check your math, Lancelots are $350, not immediately available (like everything these days). 
Eruptors run at 336Mh/s from what I heard.  I don't have one, so I cannot comment.  I've had Icarus boards from
ngzhang, they were 380 Mh/s, rock solid, run them for a year without any problems.

Problem with FPGAs these days are that they are bulky and consume lots of power. 
Sort of like video cards last year.  Nothing wrong with running FPGAs, just saying that the price/power/rates of blades/eruptors are better.  Avalons are the best deal, but most of us can only dream of owning one.

You run/buy whatever you can.

legendary
I dint think temperature is available outside the controller. And there's no pwm from my experience.

and if they can im sure if a couple of us donated to kano and ckolivas they would probably modify cgminer to accomodate the temp recording function.

Thats Great Bud Cheesy

I Found where i read it XD
it in the user manual in BlackArrows first post in the other features bit

Code:
Board temperature monitoring.
PWM fan control and speed monitoring.
standard 6 or 9CM low speed(1200RPM) fan.
FPGA core temperature.

Im not sure if it means we can get temp monitoring or even fan control but i hope we can Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

legendary
Damn I wish these two reported temperature.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Probably cheaper to buy new ones. Can someone find a good replacement on eBay?

Depends what the original CFM of the old fans was. I quite like the Arctic Cooling F range. F8 is 8cm, F12 is 12cm etc. They don't push loads of air though. Scythe make some of the highest performance pc fans but they can be very noisy.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Lets do some math.

Block Eruptor USB: 2BTC minimum
Blades : 50BTC

Lancelot, lets say 300$ on average. Gox say 127$, so 2,38BTC. The group price at the moment is 269, so 2,1BTC

Block Eruptor USB: 300MH/s --> 150mh/s per BTC
Blades: 10gh/s --> 200mh/s per BTC

Lancelot --> 169mh/s.

Blades are a better deal, Block eruptors probably not. And I doubt we are counting electricity in an ASICs vs. FPGA fight now, are we?

Oh, and in group manufacturing? 399/2,1 --> 191mh/s per BTC. Clear winner Lancelot.
legendary
Probably cheaper to buy new ones. Can someone find a good replacement on eBay?
legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
On a side note: The stock fans on these are _terrible_ -- we've had 3 or 4 start to fail with bad bearings already... and I'm sure others will follow shortly Sad

These are the best we've found. We have even picked up 24Volt fans and running them at 12Volt so they'll make less noise.
If you send them back we'll be happy to replace them and have a chat with the factory about their quality control.

that might be the problem using fans that should be run at 24v at 12v...hmm...
legendary
THIS is the ONLY thing you can get in your hands within a couple weeks.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100

The Blades are a pain to run, they take some hacks to even get them going. There are only a limited number of them and the cost of entry is really high. Probably too high for an enthusiast.

I haven't seen anyone use the Block Eruptor USB's yet so I can't comment there but the hash/$ isn't much different.

These are available, in hand and hashing away and FPGA chips have other uses so resale should be decent in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468
Pages:
Jump to: