Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 195. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
A Nigerian cryptocurrency advocate, let's do it
Please can someone guide me, I have a sizable quantity of Dnotes in Cryptopia and as yet I don't know clearly what to do in order to get Dnotes 2.0.

I don't have offline wallets because I am yet to know how it operates: what process should I follow?

Thanks
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Hi,

Congratulations for the 2.0 alpha!

I am on linux box. Downloaded the source code, built successfully with qmake + make. But the application will not start but getting core dump.

Code:
*** Error in `./dnotes-qt': double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x00007fe93c03c960 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x777e5)[0x7fe98b70a7e5]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x8037a)[0x7fe98b71337a]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(cfree+0x4c)[0x7fe98b71753c]
./dnotes-qt[0x5a8cfe]

Anyone else succeeded compiling and running on linux?

Thanks!

Hi kz3d8fc7, that does look like a bug we have dealt with recently. Let me check with our team and get back to you, it may just need an update of the source code.

Hi kz3d8fc7, just confirmed, if you build from the master branch here:

https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0

That should take care of the issue.
legendary
DNotes
Hi Guys!
I have a few questions about Dnote 2.0
Will the Scrypt-mining completely stop?
Is it possiple to update the old desktop, or do we need to make a new wallet and then transfer the coins there?
Is there something like mosternodes, where you have to own smth like 100k notes to stake?
At which Block is the Note 2.0 coming? Is it starting a Block 0 again? still same block times?
I really like that you guys are going to make it possiple to stake with your coins offline thats a good idea. Is there any other coin that allows that?

Thanks for your time!

Hi kotchny, welcome to the DNotes forum!

Script mining will be eliminated completely from DNotes 2.0, after the launch. We will have a period where DNotes 1.2 can still be mined and swapped for DNotes 2.0. After that soft deadline, any newly mined DNotes will not be eligible for swap to DNotes 2.0.
You will need to create a new wallet with the new client, and swap with us (or use the DNotesVault) in order to receive DNotes 2.0. We had considered making it swap-able and decided against it to prevent confusion and some other issues that would arise. We will make the process as easy as we can, simply send us the DNotes and give us your new address.
Masternodes, or something similar will be needed eventually. At this time we have not specifically decided on masternodes, but it does seem like the best option to work from.
We have not decided on the final block as of yet, once we know for sure the exact date, we will announce that. Yes, DNotes 2.0 will start at block 0. Block times will be the same, 60 second block target.
CRISP is a new feature to DNotes (monthly interest regardless of whether the wallet is on or offline), but cold/deferred/leased staking already exists in Waves, NEXT, and a few others. What it boils down to is creating an not spendable transaction, that the blockchain will recognize as part of your wallets stake-able balance. Cold staking will be release in a soon, but future release of DNotes 2.0

legendary
DNotes
Hi,

I am on linux box. Downloaded the source code, built successfully with qmake + make. But the application will not start but getting core dump.

Code:
*** Error in `./dnotes-qt': double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x00007fe93c03c960 ***
./dnotes-qt[0x5a8cfe]

Thanks!

Hi kz3d8fc7, that does look like a bug we have dealt with recently. Let me check with our team and get back to you, it may just need an update of the source code.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
The article is a great summation of the key highlights from the last four years.

Well done!
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Hi,

Code:
./dnotes-qt[0x5a8cfe]

Thanks!
Activity: 1
Hi Guys!
I have a few questions about Dnote 2.0
Will the Scrypt-mining completely stop?
Is it possiple to update the old desktop, or do we need to make a new wallet and then transfer the coins there?
Is there something like mosternodes, where you have to own smth like 100k notes to stake?
At which Block is the Note 2.0 coming? Is it starting a Block 0 again? still same block times?
I really like that you guys are going to make it possiple to stake with your coins offline thats a good idea. Is there any other coin that allows that?

Thanks for your time!
legendary
DNotes
Hello
First of all congratulations to the Alpha Realease, good job
I invested some time ago in DNote, which worries me however, is the low trading volume.
0.55 BTC, even the Putin Coin has a higher volume :-)
It does not seem like many people are interested in Dnote.
Why? The Concept is so good.
I do not understand that, you have so much potential.
Sorry for my englisch.
Greetings from Germany

Greetings Mbaker0510, thank you for the kind words!

Timing is a key factor to any project. The industry is reaching the point where people are beginning to see why DNotes is moving in this direction, and have experienced many of the hurdles to mass adoption that DNotes will be able to solve. That makes this the perfect time for DNotes to start pounding, and that is exactly what we are doing. You will be able to see the results of this in real time, as we begin to expand our social media reach, expand our media reach and gain interviews, speaking engagements, and write ups in larger and larger outlets. As well as our projects will begin to start growing and be deployed more quickly.

Just a few fundamental examples:
Trust: The industry is experiencing the pains of a lack of regulation / following regulations, and building on trust in financial services.
Leadership: The industry has experienced many splits and much debate that has slowed the progression of the technology.
Stability: The industry is experiencing how the dramatic swings in value have a negative overall impact.
Intrinsic Value: Lack of intrinsic value exacerbates the issue of stability, with no floor, and no yardstick for investors to measure against.
Self Interest: There is a distinct lack of self interest and willful push towards mass adoption, this is why we believe the company and cross ownership model is the only way to progress.

And many more... We are not there yet of course, and this is a massive project of a massive scale, that will take immense time and effort. However, never before have these issues been brought to light to so clearly, making the right time for DNotes to accelerate and raise funds, NOW.
Activity: 327
Merit: 16
amadeus82, did you download the new wallet yet?  When you do, post your address, and we'll send you some coins.

Dear Denver Dan, just did it. Address is: STu2jA1fK7YXNNh5p1P78vg33WDCPo7JKD

My address is SRj66BY4P7dUWzLtjYbKkRAsgS3f8Mamx3
just so you have another address you can test with.

Dan, I recieved the coins. I'll test the sending now and send them back to you address.
Activity: 22
Hello
First of all congratulations to the Alpha Realease, good job
I invested some time ago in DNote, which worries me however, is the low trading volume.
0.55 BTC, even the Putin Coin has a higher volume :-)
It does not seem like many people are interested in Dnote.
Why? The Concept is so good.
I do not understand that, you have so much potential.
Sorry for my englisch.
Greetings from Germany
legendary
DNotes
CRISP
CRISP reward will be 0.5% every 1440 blocks (1 day for pre-release, but it will be 1 month for actual release). This will occur automatically.

Note:
All coins must remain in the same address for the entire period.
If you deposit at 1441, you will not receive CRISP reward at block 2880, your first CRISP reward would be block 4320.

Scenarios to test:
If you received CRISP reward with an online wallet.
If you received CRISP reward with an online and staking wallet.
If you received CRISP reward with an offline wallet.

We welcome all questions, suggestions, comments, and feedback. Please use the following forms, you may also post here for community discussion.

So do I have to move my funds in one of the other folders like Retirement, kids, employee, etc? Or can it just sit in my vault? Also do I have to do anything special to my vault in order for it to receive CRISP rewards? Just want to know if I have to have a special address to get the Reward.

All addresses are rewarded individually. So you can keep them wherever you want, in or out of the DNotesVault, in your own wallet, in multiple addresses. The only exception to the rule would be exchanges, without significantly changing the way they handle funds, they won't likely be able to have users participate. We will however reach out to them when the time comes.

The key to receiving CRISP rewards will be not to move coins around to different addresses. As soon as they move from one address to another, they are disqualified for the following round of CRISP payments. They will have to remain at the same address for the full cycle.

Activity: 79
CRISP
CRISP reward will be 0.5% every 1440 blocks (1 day for pre-release, but it will be 1 month for actual release). This will occur automatically.

Note:
All coins must remain in the same address for the entire period.
If you deposit at 1441, you will not receive CRISP reward at block 2880, your first CRISP reward would be block 4320.

Scenarios to test:
If you received CRISP reward with an online wallet.
If you received CRISP reward with an online and staking wallet.
If you received CRISP reward with an offline wallet.

We welcome all questions, suggestions, comments, and feedback. Please use the following forms, you may also post here for community discussion.

So do I have to move my funds in one of the other folders like Retirement, kids, employee, etc? Or can it just sit in my vault? Also do I have to do anything special to my vault in order for it to receive CRISP rewards? Just want to know if I have to have a special address to get the Reward.
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Great work!!
A long time ago I invested in DNotes. I always believed in your potential.
I'm sure 2018 will be your year !!

My wallet address DNotes 2.0:
 SX7nXGhHwMGHFWvbM42WM1dpzk7NJ8KXSu

Thank you very much Corvo00x, we appreciate you stopping by.

I have sent you some coins to play around with.
Activity: 42
Great work!!
A long time ago I invested in DNotes. I always believed in your potential.
I'm sure 2018 will be your year !!

My wallet address DNotes 2.0:
 SX7nXGhHwMGHFWvbM42WM1dpzk7NJ8KXSu
legendary
DNotes
legendary
DNotes
Congratulations on the pre-launch and happy birthday! Looking forward to the 2018.

Here's my address for the new wallet: SNTqW3zR3okrG9ByQGUofHjdn5WYEcrCRW

Thank you

P.S Will you release information about the technical capabilities of the DNotes 2.0? Such as transaction speed for example.

Thank you IvaneCibe.

We have sent you some trial 2.0 coins to play around with.

Joe may be better suited to answer your question than myself.

Welcome IvaneCibe, it is roughly in the 60 transactions per second range. However, it is not our intention to address the scaling issue with the initial release of DNotes 2.0. 60 second block time target. 1 meg blocks.
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Congratulations on the pre-launch and happy birthday! Looking forward to the 2018.

Thank you

P.S Will you release information about the technical capabilities of the DNotes 2.0? Such as transaction speed for example.

Thank you IvaneCibe.

We have sent you some trial 2.0 coins to play around with.

Joe may be better suited to answer your question than myself.
Activity: 3

Thank you

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
member of GameCredits Dev team
Hey guys,

Congrats for awesome news!

Very glad to see Dnotes train one the right track,

Many thanks for nice update.

Best regards,

Nele

Jump to: