Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 275. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 846
Merit: 535
To best understand our logo with 5 cogs, please read Chapter 3 summation of my book “improve Your Odds – The Four Pillars of Business Success” https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/book-preview/

Chapter 3: A System Approach – Designing Your Company

The systems approach to designing a business is one of the toughest things for many new entrepreneurs to grasp. Too often, they focus on the power of their ideas, and assume that their personalities are sufficient to create just the type of company they want. Misconceptions of this nature are the reasons that so many of today’s companies are so dysfunctional. The reality is that your company is a system made up of many smaller systems, sub-systems, and individual components. As a whole, your company is just one of numerous subsystems within your industry, local, state, national, global economy, etc., or however you wish to conceptualize it.

Each of those components must work in harmony with every other part of the business if the larger system is to function to its maximum potential. Everything within the system affects everything else, and it means that even seemingly minor problems in one area of the company can quickly ripple throughout the business and negatively impact other areas. Without a systems approach to problem-solving, these complications can quickly alter your corporate culture or otherwise cause broader dysfunction at every level of the organization.

Our systems approach analysis recommends that you emphasize active creation and definition of your business brand, vision, mission, values, and culture, and focus on that as a matter of course. By doing so, it helps to ensure that those fundamental aspects of your company are not changed by internal or external forces in a way that could ultimately harm your enterprise. The broader goal of all of this is to ensure that your team members have been properly empowered to implement your vision by maintaining your established business culture. Values must align with vision. Your culture must be in agreement with your mission. All of these components must be in sync to ensure that every system works in concert with every other system, together creating the broader system alignment every company needs to achieve its goals.

To accomplish this goal, you have to work to create excellence throughout your business, and in every category:

•   Leadership and Management
•   Strategy
•   Execution
•   Structure and Process
•   Delegation
•   Employees
•   Mutual Goals Review
•   Products
•   Customers

I like the Four Pillars graphic you've made BTCwise. I also recall when the original design was being made that it was difficult to bring in a pillar design, though that doesn't necessarily mean it would not be possible. I'm sure something can be worked out. I really like the cogs because they illustrate systems working together. Perhaps there would be a way to integrate pillars and cogs together, like cogs working inside a building constructed of pillars. Depending on what Joe and Alan think, that could maintain the current brand by "adding" to it, rather than taking anything away. The pillar structure wouldn't need to be part of the logo itself by any means. Just an idea.

As Alan mentions above, it's all about enhancing your brand and communicating mission, culture, and values.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
BTCWise is also working on four pillars social media graphics. Please have a look and let us know your comments and suggestions:

There is a lot to like about this design. The balance and colours are just right and lend an atmosphere of authority.

As for the five-cogs logo, it has never made sense to me. Maybe I'm too literal, and would have been happy with four pillars, or something that indicated four qualities, combined with something that indicated a foundation. I suppose, three cogs in triangle formation has always bothered me because of the fact that they can't work together like that. And the teeth of the cogs in the image are unable to mesh because of their different spacing.

I don't know if I'm alone in my reaction to this logo, but if I'm not and at some point it requires changing to something that the public responds to more positively, the sooner that is done, the less re-work will be required.

Thanks, Tim. Your observations are reasonable, though too literal. Perhaps after reading the summation of “A System Approach – Designing Your Company” you may look at it from a different prospective.

In our first design attempt we spent a month working on diverse designs with 4 pillars of various building structures. I did not like any of that. The current logo linked the over-all philosophy of the book perfectly. The book covers many different subsystems or components that must work well as a whole for a company to be truly successful.

The fifth cog represents the “super-system” in which the company interact with; i.e. the industry, global economy or other systems.

Appreciate all the feedback and thoughtful consideration TimMarsh! It is a huge help and we value the extra and objective insights. I can see that being a problem if you didn't see the logo and immediately get the meaning behind it as something to the effect of: Your business is a system and all these cogs are minor contributors that make the whole of your business. However, at this stage, with the branding already on the book that has been distributed and in the hands of many people, as well as our existing brand establishment, it may be to our detriment to attempt to change it now.

That just pertains to the logo itself mostly though. The graphics around the logo can always be enhanced. For now, I'll put these up and we can always look into further updating these graphics.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
BTCWise is also working on four pillars social media graphics. Please have a look and let us know your comments and suggestions:

There is a lot to like about this design. The balance and colours are just right and lend an atmosphere of authority.

As for the five-cogs logo, it has never made sense to me. Maybe I'm too literal, and would have been happy with four pillars, or something that indicated four qualities, combined with something that indicated a foundation. I suppose, three cogs in triangle formation has always bothered me because of the fact that they can't work together like that. And the teeth of the cogs in the image are unable to mesh because of their different spacing.

I don't know if I'm alone in my reaction to this logo, but if I'm not and at some point it requires changing to something that the public responds to more positively, the sooner that is done, the less re-work will be required.

Thanks, Tim. Your observations are reasonable, though too literal. Perhaps after reading the summation of “A System Approach – Designing Your Company” you may look at it from a different prospective.

In our first design attempt we spent a month working on diverse designs with 4 pillars of various building structures. I did not like any of that. The current logo linked the over-all philosophy of the book perfectly. The book covers many different subsystems or components that must work well as a whole for a company to be truly successful.

The fifth cog represents the “super-system” in which the company interact with; i.e. the industry, global economy or other systems.
legendary
To best understand our logo with 5 cogs, please read Chapter 3 summation of my book “Improve Your Odds – The Four Pillars of Business Success” https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/book-preview/

Chapter 3: A System Approach – Designing Your Company

The systems approach to designing a business is one of the toughest things for many new entrepreneurs to grasp. Too often, they focus on the power of their ideas, and assume that their personalities are sufficient to create just the type of company they want. Misconceptions of this nature are the reasons that so many of today’s companies are so dysfunctional. The reality is that your company is a system made up of many smaller systems, sub-systems, and individual components. As a whole, your company is just one of numerous subsystems within your industry, local, state, national, global economy, etc., or however you wish to conceptualize it.

Each of those components must work in harmony with every other part of the business if the larger system is to function to its maximum potential. Everything within the system affects everything else, and it means that even seemingly minor problems in one area of the company can quickly ripple throughout the business and negatively impact other areas. Without a systems approach to problem-solving, these complications can quickly alter your corporate culture or otherwise cause broader dysfunction at every level of the organization.

Our systems approach analysis recommends that you emphasize active creation and definition of your business brand, vision, mission, values, and culture, and focus on that as a matter of course. By doing so, it helps to ensure that those fundamental aspects of your company are not changed by internal or external forces in a way that could ultimately harm your enterprise. The broader goal of all of this is to ensure that your team members have been properly empowered to implement your vision by maintaining your established business culture. Values must align with vision. Your culture must be in agreement with your mission. All of these components must be in sync to ensure that every system works in concert with every other system, together creating the broader system alignment every company needs to achieve its goals.

To accomplish this goal, you have to work to create excellence throughout your business, and in every category:

•   Leadership and Management
•   Strategy
•   Execution
•   Structure and Process
•   Delegation
•   Employees
•   Mutual Goals Review
•   Products
•   Customers
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.
Australian Bitcoin Exchanges Face New Regulations
The Australian Broadcasting Commission's national newspaper reported today that there is a bill to regulate cryptocurrency exchanges that will be voted on this week. If the bill makes it through, it will require exchanges in Australia to meet anti–money laundering, and know-your-customer requirements.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-23/bitcoin-one-step-closer-to-being-regulated-in-australia/9058582

As part of these new requirements, the article claims that exchanges will have to become registered and states:
It will also become an offence for an "unregistered person" to provide digital currency exchange services.

Again, I see the argument that this will benefit trust in cryptocurrency by reducing anonymity. I don't believe that there are many people not buying cryptocurrency because some people use it for illegal activities. Just as I don't think there are any people refusing cash because a lot more of that is used for illegal activities. Instead, I see a population used to handing over its rights to privacy being complacent when they are told what they can and can't do.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
ECB’s Draghi: Crypto Not Mature Enough to Regulate

https://dcebrief.com/ecbs-draghi-crypto-not-mature-enough-to-regulate/
legendary
DNotes

Looks awesome BTCWise!

Excellent work! I love it. Thanks a lot, BTCWise.

Almost 70 videos with transcripts and bullet points are being produced for the membership site with a completion date of 12/31/17.
This will be followed by an aggressive PR campaign and supporting advertisement. We are offering free membership till the end of 2019. A monthly membership fee of $10 will apply thereafter. 100% of the revenue including book sales will go to DNotes Global, Inc.

This will be a significant contributor to DNotes success. Again, DNotes is different and committed to the long-term. We are willing to do things that others wouldn't do because of the extra efforts or cost required. We believe that the pay-off will be that one day we will be in the position to do things that others can't do. That will give us the competitive advantage.

Good deal, glad everyone likes it. I'll throw these on our social accounts.
legendary

Looks awesome BTCWise!

Excellent work! I love it. Thanks a lot, BTCWise.

Almost 70 videos with transcripts and bullet points are being produced for the membership site with a completion date of 12/31/17.
This will be followed by an aggressive PR campaign and supporting advertisement. We are offering free membership till the end of 2019. A monthly membership fee of $10 will apply thereafter. 100% of the revenue including book sales will go to DNotes Global, Inc.

This will be a significant contributor to DNotes success. Again, DNotes is different and committed to the long-term. We are willing to do things that others wouldn't do because of the extra efforts or cost required. We believe that the pay-off will be that one day we will be in the position to do things that others can't do. That will give us the competitive advantage.
legendary
DNotes

legendary
Last act in the Bittrex saga?

Yesterday, everything was back to normal. My accounts restored to their previous levels and an apology from Bittrex but still no real explanation what caused this nightmare. While I appreciate the restoration of my legacy account, I am, to use a well worn idiom, "Once bitten, twice shy" and will find it hard to trust them in the future. I have started, grown and sold several successful business ventures in my time and I find that there are really only three (Alan would argue it's four! Smiley) things needed for success: knowledge, honesty and something everyone needs. At least Bittrex has two of the three, guess that will have to do until someone comes along with all three. Oh, wait, the would be DNotes!   Grin

Thanks for the Bittrex update, RJF, and glad to know that your account has been restored. The “apology” is a standard reaction to damage control but seldom mean much to the damaged customers. They miscalculated the cost of treating 0.1% of the affected customers as inconsequential. The damage to their brand is significant and it could have been just a single customer. Every customer is important and must be treated with respect and appreciation, even if you are “the only game in town.”

Having the right mindset by doing the right thing prepares you to be the best in class with or without competition. That would have been my fourth contributor to business success. Totally agree with your other three. Thanks for your confidence in DNotes. We are totally committed to building a trusted brand and be the best in class.
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Last act in the Bittrex saga?

Yesterday, everything was back to normal. My accounts restored to their previous levels and an apology from Bittrex but still no real explanation what caused this nightmare. While I appreciate the restoration of my legacy account, I am, to use a well worn idiom, "Once bitten, twice shy" and will find it hard to trust them in the future. I have started, grown and sold several successful business ventures in my time and I find that there are really only three (Alan would argue it's four! Smiley) things needed for success: knowledge, honesty and something everyone needs. At least Bittrex has two of the three, guess that will have to do until someone comes along with all three. Oh, wait, the would be DNotes!   Grin
CNBC Online Survey: 49% Expect Bitcoin Price to Rise Above $10,000

https://dcebrief.com/cnbc-online-survey-49-expect-bitcoin-price-to-rise-above-10000/
Australia Officially Ending Crypto Double Taxation

https://dcebrief.com/australia-officially-ending-crypto-double-taxation/

This is good to see, and interesting to note that Australia is starting to treat cryptocurrency more like money and less like a service. Recently Australia has been pushing back at the big four banks, reviewing bank taxation and more. So maybe their lobby group isn't donating enough to the ruling party at the moment. I don't believe the big four banks in Australia would like to see the influence of cryptocurrency grow.

Though I did understand the Australian Treasurer's press release a bit differently from the article, and maybe the DCEBrief article might need reviewing. The press release states, "Australians are no longer charged GST on purchases of digital currency"

But the DCEBrief article states, "it passed new laws designed to ensure that digital currency users will no longer be subject to Australia’s goods and services tax (GST) when they spend their cryptocurrency.

Good catch, Tim. Apparently, my editing process ended up moving one two many sentence fragments around in the piece  (more evidence to prove that writers tend to fail miserable when editing their own material... sigh).

Apologies if that caused any confusion. Please continue to let us know if you spot inaccuracies or obvious errors like that.
legendary
DNotes

This is good to see, and interesting to note that Australia is starting to treat cryptocurrency more like money and less like a service. Recently Australia has been pushing back at the big four banks, reviewing bank taxation and more. So maybe their lobby group isn't donating enough to the ruling party at the moment. I don't believe the big four banks in Australia would like to see the influence of cryptocurrency grow.

Though I did understand the Australian Treasurer's press release a bit differently from the article, and maybe the DCEBrief article might need reviewing. The press release states, "Australians are no longer charged GST on purchases of digital currency"

But the DCEBrief article states, "it passed new laws designed to ensure that digital currency users will no longer be subject to Australia’s goods and services tax (GST) when they spend their cryptocurrency.

Thanks TimMarsh! That is correct, it appears the tax is removed for purchases of digital currency, and not when using digital currency to purchase goods.
I love your comment again TimMarsh. Not a lot of time for a substantial response -- I am about to go to bed to catch a flight in 5 hours, where I'll be speaking about the future of money at a conference the day after (should have a video for you guys to watch this time). It'll be roughly 30 minutes long with Q+A at the end.

But, regarding the part you said about refining ideas with the experiences of other people, there is another quote that I like:

"There is no short pathway from smart to wise." - unknown author, I even googled.

Thanks TeeGee, and I am looking forward to the likely video of your conference presentation.

legendary
New additions to the Four Pillars membership site

The videos will be available to watch via the links below for a short period of time, after that they will only be accessible from the membership site.
[...]
Leadership, Confidence, and
Your Team’s Empowerment

I just made time to watch the second video posted in this set and it really resonated with me. I understand that the general message of the instalment is that through confidence, you will lead by example, listen to employee suggestions, and foster a better company culture. But beneath this, the video raised a concept that really interests me. This is the combined intelligence of a workforce.

In the late 1800's the term "brain trust" came into use and was popularised in the 1930s–40s during the US Roosevelt administration. This term referred to a specially selected group whose combined intelligence and experience achieved greater results than individual efforts. In 2006, when the "specially selected" property was dropped and the number of members massively expanded by the Internet, the new term "crowd sourcing" came into existence.  But despite the concepts having been around for a while, there is no term in common use for the combined intellectual power of a business. This is because the concept is not widely considered or discussed. So again, I'm recognising Alan as an innovator in this area of business management.

In this video Alan talks about how important it is to listen to employees so that they share ideas. He goes on to suggest leaders should make their staff think through problems and adds, "We learn when we are forced to think." This shows Alan's recognition of two fundamental things in accessing the combined intelligence of your staff. First, building their thinking abilities, and secondly, creating an environment where their thoughts are shared freely. These concepts are very important to business success. Every great idea not had, or not shared, is an opportunity for profit that is lost. And success is the result of turning opportunities into profit.

And I know that Alan isn't just spouting opinions on video, he lives his message and the results prove their relevance. In a recent post TeeGee mentioned how beneficial the recent period of DNotes Global Inc collaboration was. His comment made it clear how Alan encouraged and valued the thoughts and ideas of his team, not only listening, but refining ideas with his own experiences. So when DNotes Global Inc talk about solving the trust problems and many others issues with a well designed exchange, I know that the result will incorporate the many ideas and solutions shared by staff, and even crowd sourced ideas from this thread.

Excellent observation and summation of the video. I always believe in hiring the best fitting employees and give them every opportunity to excel individually and as a group. When employees are inspired to remained engaged and empowered to contribute to the best interest of everyone - amazing things happen. Together they create a united single culture that consistently out-perform the competition every time.

The book is written as a blue print for DNotes, DNotes Global, Inc. and our future partners, as well as a "foot in the door" to the corporate world. Given the time, I expect amazing things to happen to DNotes. The foundation has be laid and a single united culture has been created. 
legendary

And I know that Alan isn't just spouting opinions on video, he lives his message and the results prove their relevance. In a recent post TeeGee mentioned how beneficial the recent period of DNotes Global Inc collaboration was. His comment made it clear how Alan encouraged and valued the thoughts and ideas of his team, not only listening, but refining ideas with his own experiences. So when DNotes Global Inc talk about solving the trust problems and many others issues with a well designed exchange, I know that the result will incorporate the many ideas and solutions shared by staff, and even crowd sourced ideas from this thread.

I love your comment again TimMarsh. Not a lot of time for a substantial response -- I am about to go to bed to catch a flight in 5 hours, where I'll be speaking about the future of money at a conference the day after (should have a video for you guys to watch this time). It'll be roughly 30 minutes long with Q+A at the end.

But, regarding the part you said about refining ideas with the experiences of other people, there is another quote that I like:

"There is no short pathway from smart to wise." - unknown author, I even googled.

Excellent, TeeGee. Hope you have a great presentation.
legendary

Since we are on the subject on the importance of great customers services and exchange, below is a direct quote from our OP Roadmap for 2018 and beyond:

“Full service centralized exchange where DNotes, Bitcoin, and a selection of other digital currencies and fiat currencies will be traded.” https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dnotes-20-staking-crisp-interest-dnotes-pay-1924858

2018 will be a very exciting year for DNotes. After launching DNotes 2.0, we will continue its development with an expanded team of developers – potentially a large team. Among various other projects, including blockchain related projects, we will start working on our full service centralized exchange with a commitment to be equal to our competitors and ultimately be superior.

At a minimum, we will be superior in customer services and the protection of their assets right off the gate. We are prepared to spend up to two fully years to do things right. Like some of you, I have had my share of frustration and disappointment and sustained heavy losses because of miss-managed and collapsed exchanges like Crypto Rush, Mint Pal, and Crypsy. All those lessons learned will help us build a better exchange.

At this point, I am frustrated with exchanges after some concerns with Poloniex and now with Bittrex, let alone those historical collapses. I am convinced that some of their functionality can be replaced with decentralized exchanges, although I haven't looked into any yet. But, it was stated in an earlier post that there are just some things that you can do on a centralized exchange that you just can't do otherwise. There is a need for consumers to have viable choices.

Having said that, I am not even allowing myself to get excited about a DNotes exchange, because I know it is not on the immediate horizon. But I would feel so much more comfortable doing business there than anywhere else. I wish we could put that one on the front burner, but I know your team will do it right!

Yes ......Doing Things Right The First Time Around is and has been the cornerstone of excellent Customer Relationship Management /Customer Service in many successful global / multinational companies...and is certainly and compulsorily the way forward /long-term survival even for any start-up

Thank you, SCeeYong. You are absolutely correct. We are always committed to do things right the first time around. That commitment and mindset lead us to strive for the highest standard achievable. Over the long term that is how we become the best in class; including customer services. However, it does not mean that we are perfect every time.
Jump to: