Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 273. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 10
The chart below gives you an idea of the potential growth of DNotes 2.0 if you take advantage of the various rewards opportunities. Nothing is guaranteed in cryptocurrency, the markets are volatile, and you should never invest more than what you are comfortable putting into a high-risk investment.

The top half of the chart is the amount of DNotes you will earn based on the reward rates given. The bottom part is the dollar value of your DNotes after 10 years of compounding using different price scenarios.

Note: I used monthly compounding in the calculations for staking rewards - It may be off a bit, but it will be close. The $1,000 potential price for DNotes in the chart is my conservative example for Tim M's $4,000 price.  Grin

Thanks Chase, for doing the math and presenting it so clearly. I really like it how you broke it down into the increasing number of DNotes due to holding onto the investment, and the increase in value of the total amount of DNotes owned with different projections. Very clear. I often hear how Alan and the DNotes team believe it is important to start saving early, but seeing the numbers, and the impact of compound interest makes that so much more clear.

ok, if DNotes will 10$ why now price such low?
where support?
why people do not want buy DNotes now when it such low and price all time down?
and when price stop go down?
how DNotes will 10$ if price again down and down?

ps it is hard will constructively when depo reduced x2, so I understand that after hard fell will great grow, I think that DNotes now look like POT, BELA, XEM or DGB years ago so only wait but is very hard
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Will Polo be part of the swap?

Hi Bitcoin! We do plan to contact PoloniEx and offer to see if they, along with other exchanges currently listing DNotes, would like to participate in the swap process to make it easy for their users and reduce downtime. However, it will be completely at their discretion. They would have to send us the DNotes in exchange for an equal amount of DNotes 2.0.
legendary
DNotes
Am a noble and I hold some dnote.....on polo what is note vault?

Welcome Hardniola! DNotesVault is a online vault for secure online storage of your DNotes, managed by the DNotes team. All funds are managed using a completely offline process and all withdrawals are subject to our manual review process to help ensure account security. There is a guarantee fund to give account holders peace of mind that their DNotes are safe and backed by the fund. You can find more information at DNotesVault.com.
Activity: 768
Merit: 500
Will Polo be part of the swap?
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Am a noble and I hold some dnote.....on polo what is note vault?
legendary
DNotes
Where is the wallet?

Welcome clartedscunner, you can download the DNotes 1.2 wallet here: http://dnotescoin.com/. If you are looking for the DNotes 2.0 wallet, it is not ready yet, but you can view the current screen shots from our progress here here: http://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-2-0-wallet-screen-shots/
Activity: 159
Merit: 10
Where is the wallet?
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
This is a fairly common question: How will the swap process will work for DNotesVault account holders?

Once the DNotes 2.0 launch date is set, we will email DNotesVault users as well as those that have signed up for the newsletter at DNotesCoin.com announcing the launch date and the following process.
Immediately after DNotes 2.0 launch date and time, DNotesVault will go down briefly while we upgrade DNotesVault, and create new wallets for each DNotesVault account holder.
Perform a batch transfer of DNotes 2.0 to those newly create DNotes 2.0 wallets.
Bring back up the DNotesVault, where all account holders will be able to login and see all of their DNotes have now been swapped, 1 for 1, with DNotes 2.0. Those DNotes 2.0 will then be available for regular use as previously.
Then we will send a follow up email notification to all DNotesVault users as well as those that have signed up for the newsletter at DNotesCoin.com.

We will attempt to make this swap process at the DNotesVault our first priority and minimize the downtime as much as possible. Also, all CRISP accounts will be converted to regular DNotesVault accounts at that time.

Additionally, for desktop wallet users (and non-DNotesVault users), we will have a manual swap process where you can send us your DNotes and provide us a DNotes 2.0 address. Anyone who would like to be notified via email, with full instructions, please sign up for our newsletter at DNotesCoin.com (at the bottom of the page).

It is rather excellent that we have DNotesVault to facilitate the process ourselves, rather than using an exchange to do so -- pretty sure DNotes is the only currency to date that offers a service like the vault where such swaps could take place in the case of significant upgrades, let alone having deposit guarantees!
legendary
DNotes
This is a fairly common question: How will the swap process will work for DNotesVault account holders?

Once the DNotes 2.0 launch date is set, we will email DNotesVault users as well as those that have signed up for the newsletter at DNotesCoin.com announcing the launch date and the following process.
Immediately after DNotes 2.0 launch date and time, DNotesVault will go down briefly while we upgrade DNotesVault, and create new wallets for each DNotesVault account holder.
Perform a batch transfer of DNotes 2.0 to those newly created DNotes 2.0 wallets.
Bring back up the DNotesVault, where all account holders will be able to login and see all of their DNotes have now been swapped, 1 for 1, with DNotes 2.0. Those DNotes 2.0 will then be available for regular use as previously.
Then we will send a follow up email notification to all DNotesVault users as well as those that have signed up for the newsletter at DNotesCoin.com.

We will attempt to make this swap process at the DNotesVault our first priority and minimize the downtime as much as possible. Also, all CRISP accounts will be converted to regular DNotesVault accounts at that time.

Additionally, for desktop wallet users (and non-DNotesVault users), we will have a manual swap process where you can send us your DNotes and provide us a DNotes 2.0 address. Anyone who would like to be notified via email, with full instructions, please sign up for our newsletter at DNotesCoin.com (at the bottom of the page).
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

The blockchain hype is leaving me speechless...

This Company Added the Word ‘Blockchain’ to Its Name and Saw Its Shares Surge 394%

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-27/what-s-in-a-name-u-k-stock-surges-394-on-blockchain-rebrand
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary

The chart below gives you an idea of the potential growth of DNotes 2.0 if you take advantage of the various rewards opportunities. Nothing is guaranteed in cryptocurrency, the markets are volatile, and you should never invest more than what you are comfortable putting into a high-risk investment.

The top half of the chart is the amount of DNotes you will earn based on the reward rates given. The bottom part is the dollar value of your DNotes after 10 years of compounding using different price scenarios.

Note: I used monthly compounding in the calculations for staking rewards - It may be off a bit, but it will be close. The $1,000 potential price for DNotes in the chart is my conservative example for Tim M's $4,000 price.  Grin

Thanks Chase, for doing the math and presenting it so clearly. I really like it how you broke it down into the increasing number of DNotes due to holding onto the investment, and the increase in value of the total amount of DNotes owned with different projections. Very clear. I often hear how Alan and the DNotes team believe it is important to start saving early, but seeing the numbers, and the impact of compound interest makes that so much more clear.

I agree. Chase did a great job making numbers so easy to understand. $1,000 potential price for DNotes is a little "rich" for me. But then anyone can plug in the value they are comfortable with.

I am still on the road with a very busy schedule and will check in when I have a chance. Thanks for your support.

Thanks Tim & Alan.

"$1,000 potential price for DNotes is a little "rich" for me." I can dream, can't I? Grin Most of the numbers I chose were for display purposes only, that why I used 10,000 DNotes instead of the $600 (15,000 DNotes?) that Queen_Amber had actually purchased. Sometimes it can be easier for people to comprehend the magnitude of compounding when the same number simply gets a zero added to the end.

I wanted to point out something on the chart that shows what happens if you leave the DNotes alone to grow. The 4% reward you earn from holding your DNotes for 365 days is greater than the 4% combined total of the 2% annual interest (compounded monthly) + the 2% staking reward.

• The first year you actually earn more DNotes from the 2% interest and staking reward: 202 + 202 = 404 DNotes vs. 400
  • The second year, the amount earned is equal: 408 + 408 = 816 (the same as the 365 day deposit)
  • After this, the effect of having the DNotes 'on deposit' for the full year starts to take off and by year 5 the 2% interest and staking reward is: 1051 + 1051 = 2102, compared to 2167 for the 365 day deposit
  • By year 10, the difference grows to 4802 - (2212 +2212) = 378 extra DNotes
  • All those extra 'long-term' DNotes will keep growing...

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

Note: I used monthly compounding in the calculations for staking rewards - It may be off a bit, but it will be close. The $1,000 potential price for DNotes in the chart is my conservative example for Tim M's $4,000 price.  Grin

I agree. Chase did a great job making numbers so easy to understand. $1,000 potential price for DNotes is a little "rich" for me. But then anyone can plug in the value they are comfortable with.

I am still on the road with a very busy schedule and will check in when I have a chance. Thanks for your support.
legendary
DNotes
Kansas Ethics Panel: Bitcoin Campaign Contributions Too Risky

https://dcebrief.com/kansas-ethics-panel-bitcoin-campaign-contributions-too-risky/

It is great that an ethics committee in the US wants transparency regarding donations to parties involved in state elections. I do expect that the apparent anonymity of bitcoin to be significantly disrupted in the future, probably by artificial intelligence. And there will be a lot of people feeling very surprised that they were discovered with a high probability of accuracy.

But I also feel like saying no to bitcoin when it comes to deciding what sources of money are allowed for making politicians act against the will of their constituents a bit empty. It is like you've got a bucket of water, leaking out of its many holes, and some authority says no to another small hole. It is an empty gesture when the bucket is so broken already.

In Australia we have fossil fuel lobby industry that donates money to get their favourite party elected. Then this party allocates significant subsidies to the coal mining industry. It is a fantastic investment and pays better than investing in cryptocurrency. For example, in the financial year 15-16, the combined fossil fuel donations to all parties was about AU$1 million. But the resulting government subsidies to the fossil fuel industry exceeded AU$11 billion. So for every dollar donated, they got ten thousand dollars back. Every year.

Why anybody thought it was a good idea to let businesses openly bribe government officials with political donations is beyond me. They say it is so they can advertise during the run up to elections. But advertising persuades, it does not inform. So they are saying they need the money so that they can stop the public making an informed political decision, and manipulate them to vote emotionally instead.

So whether the money comes anonymously in the form of bitcoin, or if it is publicly handed over as cash from the fossil fuel industry, political decisions no longer represent the will of the people. Instead we are governed by corporations tugging on the puppet strings of political donations. Only when a decision has no negative impact on a donor do the people ever get their will enacted.

Further sources are linked from within this webpage:
https://www.marketforces.org.au/politicaldonations/

I would agree transparency is necessary in a political system that allows donations. However, cryptocurrency offers far more transparency and traceability than cash. According their FAQs http://ethics.ks.gov/CFAForms/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.html donations in cash are allowed up to $100.

Tim, I believe you are correct in your assessment that one day people will be surprised how accurately it will be traced. It is anonymous for the everyday user, just looking through the blockchain, but if, for example, the justice department needed to track an individual as the result of an investigation, they have the capability of doing that today. Not because of cryptocurrency itself, but because it has a trail that leads to other entities. Staying anonymous would be much more difficult than I think people give cryptocurrency credit for. I just don't see how the process is all that much different for cryptocurrency. DNotes does value privacy, but not complete anonymity.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

https://dcebrief.com/kansas-ethics-panel-bitcoin-campaign-contributions-too-risky/

It is great that an ethics committee in the US wants transparency regarding donations to parties involved in state elections. I do expect that the apparent anonymity of bitcoin to be significantly disrupted in the future, probably by artificial intelligence. And there will be a lot of people feeling very surprised that they were discovered with a high probability of accuracy.

But I also feel like saying no to bitcoin when it comes to deciding what sources of money are allowed for making politicians act against the will of their constituents a bit empty. It is like you've got a bucket of water, leaking out of its many holes, and some authority says no to another small hole. It is an empty gesture when the bucket is so broken already.

In Australia we have fossil fuel lobby industry that donates money to get their favourite party elected. Then this party allocates significant subsidies to the coal mining industry. It is a fantastic investment and pays better than investing in cryptocurrency. For example, in the financial year 15-16, the combined fossil fuel donations to all parties was about AU$1 million. But the resulting government subsidies to the fossil fuel industry exceeded AU$11 billion. So for every dollar donated, they got ten thousand dollars back. Every year.

Why anybody thought it was a good idea to let businesses openly bribe government officials with political donations is beyond me. They say it is so they can advertise during the run up to elections. But advertising persuades, it does not inform. So they are saying they need the money so that they can stop the public making an informed political decision, and manipulate them to vote emotionally instead.

So whether the money comes anonymously in the form of bitcoin, or if it is publicly handed over as cash from the fossil fuel industry, political decisions no longer represent the will of the people. Instead we are governed by corporations tugging on the puppet strings of political donations. Only when a decision has no negative impact on a donor do the people ever get their will enacted.

Further sources are linked from within this webpage:
https://www.marketforces.org.au/politicaldonations/
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

legendary

Here is my take on long term investments:

The definition of a short term investment is one you can easily convert to cash within the first year. The 'short term' horizon is often expanded to included anything that can be easily converted within a year or two. This timeframe certainly applies to cryptocurrency, although it is debatable whether or not some of the speculative scheming that goes on, can be called investing at all.

The definition of a long term investment hasn't changed, not even for cryptocurrency. Just because 95% of the currencies are scams or disappear within the first year, it still doesn't change the definition. Long term investments are the ones you want in your retirement fund, that can be left to reliably grow over time. This is what Warren Buffet has to say about his long term strategy:

"Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down in 10 years."

I believe the problem lies is the lack of knowledge of what constitutes value investing (both in and out of cryptocurrency), as well as the lack (to date) of any currency that has proven itself to be trustworthy, have a long term sustainable and scalable plan, and the dedication to carry it out. A team that works together and shares a unified vision is the icing on the cake. I only know of one such cryptocurrency that can pull this off... Wink

legendary
DNotes

but is it ok to leave the coin in exchange?
If you like trusting other entities with your assets, then it is safe. My personal preference is to trust no-one.

that make sense. Thanks
Paper wallets are you best option if you are planning on holding the coin for a while.

Paper wallets can be a good option. You will want to make sure you there is no way you can lose the paper, and you will likely want more than one backup.

Another risk is if you have any malware logging information on your computer, at the time you create the wallet. Some have suggested using a boot CD or bootable thumb drive so you are running a clean OS, others have suggested using safe mode. Another option is a dedicated offline computer, that never goes online, but that is pretty extreme for most.

One of the easiest ways to make a paper wallet from just about any desktop wallet:
Download the wallet, but don't open it until you've taken your computer offline (unplug the network cable, or turn off wifi).
If you already have run this wallet on this pc previously, you can simply rename the data folder for now,  located in C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\[Wallet App Name], in order to create a brand new wallet.
Open the wallet program.
Go to the Receive tab, where your wallet addresses are listed.
Right-click on the address you wish to save, then copy the address to the clipboard.
Click the Help menu and select Debug.
In the Console tab, enter dumpprivkey and paste in the wallet address (dumpprivkey theaddressyourcopied) and press enter.
From here you can print out the private key and address.
Also, once you are done creating your paper wallets, you can delete the wallet file from your computer located in C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\[Wallet App Name]\wallet.dat and empty your trash.

There are also online paper wallet generators, which you can use instead of a desktop wallet. These can work in a similar way, but bare in mind you must trust the source of the paper wallet generator, and still use an offline and safe process.

DNotesVault mitigates many of these risks for you as a long term storage option by using a secure offline and managed process. Coupled with an account security and verification process to help protect your account. As well as a separately managed guarantee fund to ensure your funds are safe in the event the DNotesVault is compromised in any unforeseen way.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
long-term in crypto world and long term in real life it different terms
many projects in five years dead and appear handred new
but Notes now alive and in crucial stage, I think year-two in crypto it very long term
as for me investor need divide your investment in some part for very long, long, short, days trading

Great points. I agree. However, DNotes is managed more like a real world business. Our philosophy, vision, commitment, and strategies are focused on the next 5, 10, 20 years. We are truly investing for the future; doing a lot of things others would skip because it takes a significant amount of commitment, time and money. But over the longer term, those are our winning strategies that will significantly differentiate DNotes as the industry leader. Personally, I am very optimistic of DNotes future as one that has amazingly great potential and real world applications.
Jump to: