Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 274. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 10
long-term in crypto world and long term in real life it different terms
many projects in five years dead and appear handred new
but Notes now alive and in crucial stage, I think year-two in crypto it very long term
as for me investor need divide your investment in some part for very long, long, short, days trading
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
yes im a long term investor Smiley im gonna hold for at least a year your website looks very professional and i like your vision so im gonna ride out with yall Smiley

Hi Queen_Amber, I'm neither an investment adviser, nor an expert, but he's my thoughts anyway... You bought at a great time, with the price currently so very low. I'm 48 years old and grew up in a time when a long-term investment was ten or more years. Investing in something for less than one year was something I'd never heard of. So it says a lot about the cryptocurrency market that you call one year a long-term investment.

I think it is very reasonable to expect the value of DNotes to jump if they deliver a bug-free, easy-to-use, wallet for DNotes2.0. I also believe that they are committed to doing this and capable of achieving it. I understand they intend to do it soon, but coding is not simple and moving it to C#, while it takes more time, is worth the effort and investment. So I'm going to talk about a date that is either one year from now, or a few months after the release of DNotes2.0, which ever happens LAST.

My recommendation would be to decide what a good return on your investment is. Considering this is not a guaranteed investment, and one some market sectors would label high-risk, it should be a high return. Maybe somewhere between making and extra 20–100%. On the one-year date, if you sell enough DNotes to make back that investment, you've made a profit that you can spend. Then the rest of the DNotes you did not need to sell to make your profit can continue to perform as your investment.

I say this because while I think a jump in the near future is likely with DNotes2.0. I think it is also very likely that DNotes will succeed in many of its long-term goals, bringing the value of NOTE much higher still.

For example, let's say $600 bought 15,000 DNotes at $0.04 each. Then in a year, DNotes is worth forty cents each. And say you wanted to double your investment. You could sell 3,000 of your DNotes and get $1,200 back. Then you could leave the remaining 12,000 DNotes to accrue value like an old-school long-term investment for ten years. Maybe by then it will be worth nothing, it is possible. In that case, you still doubled your money. But it is just as likely that DNotes is being used for daily transactions and a single DNote could be worth $4,000. This would give you a portfolio worth $4,800,000. Not bad for a risk-free investment after already doubling your money.

But let's say that DNotes sits around the same price you bought it at and you let it just earn interest over the ten years. As I understand it, there is a monthly reward, and an annual reward, and a staking reward. These compound over different periods, and I'm likely to get the math wrong. I'm also aware that the DNotes team have people that could do that math very easily. But the $600 investment, compounded over ten years, will still earn you plenty of interest. Feel like doing the math TeeGee?

So however you look at it, I can understand you being excited about your investment. I've also found the DNotes community to be both knowledgeable and helpful, not just about DNotes, but anything to do with cryptocurrency. So as well as making an investment, you've joined a community of great people. So I hope to see more of your posts on this forum and enjoying all of the benefits.

Thank you, Tim. That is a great approach to play it conservatively, based on the "new definition of long-term". My investment long-term commitment is typically five years. I will however add that the crypto-world seems to be moving a lot faster.

I am travelling today with a lot on my schedule. Thank you for all the great support. I will be checking in when I can. Have a great day.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
yes im a long term investor Smiley im gonna hold for at least a year your website looks very professional and i like your vision so im gonna ride out with yall Smiley

Hi Queen_Amber, I'm neither an investment adviser, nor an expert, but he's my thoughts anyway... You bought at a great time, with the price currently so very low. I'm 48 years old and grew up in a time when a long-term investment was ten or more years. Investing in something for less than one year was something I'd never heard of. So it says a lot about the cryptocurrency market that you call one year a long-term investment.

I think it is very reasonable to expect the value of DNotes to jump if they deliver a bug-free, easy-to-use, wallet for DNotes2.0. I also believe that they are committed to doing this and capable of achieving it. I understand they intend to do it soon, but coding is not simple and moving it to C#, while it takes more time, is worth the effort and investment. So I'm going to talk about a date that is either one year from now, or a few months after the release of DNotes2.0, which ever happens LAST.

My recommendation would be to decide what a good return on your investment is. Considering this is not a guaranteed investment, and one some market sectors would label high-risk, it should be a high return. Maybe somewhere between making and extra 20–100%. On the one-year date, if you sell enough DNotes to make back that investment, you've made a profit that you can spend. Then the rest of the DNotes you did not need to sell to make your profit can continue to perform as your investment.

I say this because while I think a jump in the near future is likely with DNotes2.0. I think it is also very likely that DNotes will succeed in many of its long-term goals, bringing the value of NOTE much higher still.

For example, let's say $600 bought 15,000 DNotes at $0.04 each. Then in a year, DNotes is worth forty cents each. And say you wanted to double your investment. You could sell 3,000 of your DNotes and get $1,200 back. Then you could leave the remaining 12,000 DNotes to accrue value like an old-school long-term investment for ten years. Maybe by then it will be worth nothing, it is possible. In that case, you still doubled your money. But it is just as likely that DNotes is being used for daily transactions and a single DNote could be worth $4,000. This would give you a portfolio worth $4,800,000. Not bad for a risk-free investment after already doubling your money.

But let's say that DNotes sits around the same price you bought it at and you let it just earn interest over the ten years. As I understand it, there is a monthly reward, and an annual reward, and a staking reward. These compound over different periods, and I'm likely to get the math wrong. I'm also aware that the DNotes team have people that could do that math very easily. But the $600 investment, compounded over ten years, will still earn you plenty of interest. Feel like doing the math TeeGee?

So however you look at it, I can understand you being excited about your investment. I've also found the DNotes community to be both knowledgeable and helpful, not just about DNotes, but anything to do with cryptocurrency. So as well as making an investment, you've joined a community of great people. So I hope to see more of your posts on this forum and enjoying all of the benefits.

but is it ok to leave the coin in exchange?
If you like trusting other entities with your assets, then it is safe. My personal preference is to trust no-one.

that make sense. Thanks
Paper wallets are you best option if you are planning on holding the coin for a while.
Activity: 104

If you like trusting other entities with your assets, then it is safe. My personal preference is to trust no-one.

that make sense. Thanks
Activity: 126

Activity: 104

Activity: 187
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

Activity: 846
Merit: 535
I just invested $600 into Dnotes, im optimistic about the future of this coin  Smiley

Welcome to the DNotes forum Queen_Amber! We appreciate your interest in DNotes. Please feel free to ask us any questions you may have or any comments and suggestions.

thank you Smiley its glad to see a legit project with active devs.. plz keep up the good work!  i have one question, if i leave my coins in the wallet does it automatically mine coins for me?? and do you have a telegram channel, thnx
I just invested $600 into Dnotes, im optimistic about the future of this coin  Smiley

Welcome to DNotes, Queen_Amber and thank you for your confidence in DNotes. Assuming that you are a long term investor, I trust that you made a wise investment. We are very committed to do the right things for the long-term benefit of all of our stakeholders.

Hello Queen_amber, thanks for your questions.

After we launch DNotes 2.0, which is expected to be quite soon, you will automatically earn interest from having your DNotes in the DNotes Vault. If you want to earn additional rewards for staking, you will need to run a copy of the wallet on your computer also. You then get maximum security, and ~8% annualized return on your investment.

We decided against a telegram channel for the time being. My personal view on it is that they can use up significant chunks of developer time answering the same questions on repeat, when they should be working on their project. We welcome people to view our regular forum updates here, and as our team expands we may look into things like having a presence on slack / telegram.

Great to have you with us.
Activity: 214
Merit: 11
Cryptocurrency is the FUTURE!

Welcome to the DNotes forum Queen_Amber! We appreciate your interest in DNotes. Please feel free to ask us any questions you may have or any comments and suggestions.

thank you Smiley its glad to see a legit project with active devs.. plz keep up the good work!  i have one question, if i leave my coins in the wallet does it automatically mine coins for me?? and do you have a telegram channel, thnx

Welcome to DNotes, Queen_Amber and thank you for your confidence in DNotes. Assuming that you are a long term investor, I trust that you made a wise investment. We are very committed to do the right things for the long-term benefit of all of our stakeholders.

Activity: 158
I suppose that Note will biggest winner in this year if we have no any delays again....
Activity: 768
Merit: 500
Dnotes is incredibly cheap on poloniex, all will change once the hard fork is announced!
legendary
I just invested $600 into Dnotes, im optimistic about the future of this coin  Smiley

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
I just invested $600 into Dnotes, im optimistic about the future of this coin  Smiley

Activity: 214
Merit: 11
Cryptocurrency is the FUTURE!
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Hard forks and Coin Families

As bitcoin rises and falls in price, the media watch and report on it like a bunch of little children pointing at a helium balloon as it disappears into the sky. But the price they report on is no longer the value held by the bitcoin owner. This is because with bitcoin cash, and now with bitcoin gold, the spawning of a new cryptocurrency via a hard fork comes with a 1:1 generation of new coins that are awarded the same keys as used on the source blockchain.

So as of now, using coinmarketcap as a data source, if you owned 1 bitcoin before the bitcoin cash hard fork your current holding is now:
   Cryptocurrency      Value   
   Bitcoin   
$5,492.77
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
To best understand our logo with 5 cogs, please read Chapter 3 summation of my book “improve Your Odds – The Four Pillars of Business Success” https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/book-preview/

Chapter 3: A System Approach – Designing Your Company

The systems approach to designing a business is one of the toughest things for many new entrepreneurs to grasp. Too often, they focus on the power of their ideas, and assume that their personalities are sufficient to create just the type of company they want. Misconceptions of this nature are the reasons that so many of today’s companies are so dysfunctional. The reality is that your company is a system made up of many smaller systems, sub-systems, and individual components. As a whole, your company is just one of numerous subsystems within your industry, local, state, national, global economy, etc., or however you wish to conceptualize it.

Each of those components must work in harmony with every other part of the business if the larger system is to function to its maximum potential. Everything within the system affects everything else, and it means that even seemingly minor problems in one area of the company can quickly ripple throughout the business and negatively impact other areas. Without a systems approach to problem-solving, these complications can quickly alter your corporate culture or otherwise cause broader dysfunction at every level of the organization.

Our systems approach analysis recommends that you emphasize active creation and definition of your business brand, vision, mission, values, and culture, and focus on that as a matter of course. By doing so, it helps to ensure that those fundamental aspects of your company are not changed by internal or external forces in a way that could ultimately harm your enterprise. The broader goal of all of this is to ensure that your team members have been properly empowered to implement your vision by maintaining your established business culture. Values must align with vision. Your culture must be in agreement with your mission. All of these components must be in sync to ensure that every system works in concert with every other system, together creating the broader system alignment every company needs to achieve its goals.

To accomplish this goal, you have to work to create excellence throughout your business, and in every category:

•   Leadership and Management
•   Strategy
•   Execution
•   Structure and Process
•   Delegation
•   Employees
•   Mutual Goals Review
•   Products
•   Customers

I like the Four Pillars graphic you've made BTCwise. I also recall when the original design was being made that it was difficult to bring in a pillar design, though that doesn't necessarily mean it would not be possible. I'm sure something can be worked out. I really like the cogs because they illustrate systems working together. Perhaps there would be a way to integrate pillars and cogs together, like cogs working inside a building constructed of pillars. Depending on what Joe and Alan think, that could maintain the current brand by "adding" to it, rather than taking anything away. The pillar structure wouldn't need to be part of the logo itself by any means. Just an idea.

As Alan mentions above, it's all about enhancing your brand and communicating mission, culture, and values.

Thanks, all, for  your clear responses. I've been a systems designer for about twenty years, and am utterly convinced of how critical systems are to any endeavour with repeated processes. I also did recognise the 'systems' symbolism in the cogs. It is an icon frequently used for systems and even more commonly used for integration.

Having been completely focused on systems as the foundation of a successful business for so long, I had become myopic about it and failed to recognise other contributors to success. This is what interests me so much about Alan's book—it integrates other requirements into the big picture. To me it seems a shame to use a logo that focuses on just systems rather than the holistic wisdom of the book. I do understand that systems impact every aspect of a business, but so does leadership, so does product.

I can understand with a printed book, a reluctance to review branding. But I would recommend just objectively considering the numbers.

a) What percentage of potential market penetration has been achieved so far?
b) What percentage of gained market would be at risk from a brand revision?
c) What increase in potential market penetration could be achieved with a revised brand?
If a=2% and b=25% and c=1%, then a x b < c. Or a quarter of 2% is 0.5% which is less than 1%. Therefore a re-brand would increase potential market share by 0.5% over status-quo.

These are very conservative figures. I would recommend using both maximum and minimum likely values for all criteria and doing a three axis matrix of the results. If in every cell of the matrix c is higher, then a re-brand is more profitable than status-quo.

I also understand that you've put in a lot of effort and generated a lot of material around the existing logo, and the effort required to change it might pay better dividends focused somewhere else. It is also very likely that I am an outlier in the percentile that reads way too much into a logo, and your current version is very possibly the best option. A logo that suits my particular tastes could be a disastrous marketing move.

As for incorporating columns into the current design, there is little difference between a column and an extruded cog. Not that I recommend this because emphasising the columns will just make it more literal and emphasise how there are five, not four of them.

And finally, Alan, I really am going to have to read chapter 3 of your book. While I understand systems well, you introduce concepts of "brand, vision, mission, values, and culture" which I have never considered as things that can be incorporated in a system. And only as I imagine applying it to an accounts-receivable system does it start to make sense.
* If my brand is high-tech, then my invoicing must easily integrate with other people's systems.
* If my vision is to obtain a majority share of the market, my invoicing system must be very scaleable.
* If my mission is to provide a service of great value, then my invoicing system must be efficient and not put a cost burden on my company.
* If my values are to be trustworthy, then my invoicing system must have multiple checks for accuracy.
* If my culture is to be inclusive, then my invoicing system must not penalise my less profitable customers.

Thanks again TimMarsh! Very objective suggestions that we will consider seriously.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
To best understand our logo with 5 cogs, please read Chapter 3 summation of my book “improve Your Odds – The Four Pillars of Business Success” https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/book-preview/

Chapter 3: A System Approach – Designing Your Company

The systems approach to designing a business is one of the toughest things for many new entrepreneurs to grasp. Too often, they focus on the power of their ideas, and assume that their personalities are sufficient to create just the type of company they want. Misconceptions of this nature are the reasons that so many of today’s companies are so dysfunctional. The reality is that your company is a system made up of many smaller systems, sub-systems, and individual components. As a whole, your company is just one of numerous subsystems within your industry, local, state, national, global economy, etc., or however you wish to conceptualize it.

Each of those components must work in harmony with every other part of the business if the larger system is to function to its maximum potential. Everything within the system affects everything else, and it means that even seemingly minor problems in one area of the company can quickly ripple throughout the business and negatively impact other areas. Without a systems approach to problem-solving, these complications can quickly alter your corporate culture or otherwise cause broader dysfunction at every level of the organization.

Our systems approach analysis recommends that you emphasize active creation and definition of your business brand, vision, mission, values, and culture, and focus on that as a matter of course. By doing so, it helps to ensure that those fundamental aspects of your company are not changed by internal or external forces in a way that could ultimately harm your enterprise. The broader goal of all of this is to ensure that your team members have been properly empowered to implement your vision by maintaining your established business culture. Values must align with vision. Your culture must be in agreement with your mission. All of these components must be in sync to ensure that every system works in concert with every other system, together creating the broader system alignment every company needs to achieve its goals.

To accomplish this goal, you have to work to create excellence throughout your business, and in every category:

•   Leadership and Management
•   Strategy
•   Execution
•   Structure and Process
•   Delegation
•   Employees
•   Mutual Goals Review
•   Products
•   Customers

I like the Four Pillars graphic you've made BTCwise. I also recall when the original design was being made that it was difficult to bring in a pillar design, though that doesn't necessarily mean it would not be possible. I'm sure something can be worked out. I really like the cogs because they illustrate systems working together. Perhaps there would be a way to integrate pillars and cogs together, like cogs working inside a building constructed of pillars. Depending on what Joe and Alan think, that could maintain the current brand by "adding" to it, rather than taking anything away. The pillar structure wouldn't need to be part of the logo itself by any means. Just an idea.

As Alan mentions above, it's all about enhancing your brand and communicating mission, culture, and values.

Thanks, all, for  your clear responses. I've been a systems designer for about twenty years, and am utterly convinced of how critical systems are to any endeavour with repeated processes. I also did recognise the 'systems' symbolism in the cogs. It is an icon frequently used for systems and even more commonly used for integration.

Having been completely focused on systems as the foundation of a successful business for so long, I had become myopic about it and failed to recognise other contributors to success. This is what interests me so much about Alan's book—it integrates other requirements into the big picture. To me it seems a shame to use a logo that focuses on just systems rather than the holistic wisdom of the book. I do understand that systems impact every aspect of a business, but so does leadership, so does product.

I can understand with a printed book, a reluctance to review branding. But I would recommend just objectively considering the numbers.

a) What percentage of potential market penetration has been achieved so far?
b) What percentage of gained market would be at risk from a brand revision?
c) What increase in potential market penetration could be achieved with a revised brand?
If a=2% and b=25% and c=1%, then a x b < c. Or a quarter of 2% is 0.5% which is less than 1%. Therefore a re-brand would increase potential market share by 0.5% over status-quo.

These are very conservative figures. I would recommend using both maximum and minimum likely values for all criteria and doing a three axis matrix of the results. If in every cell of the matrix c is higher, then a re-brand is more profitable than status-quo.

I also understand that you've put in a lot of effort and generated a lot of material around the existing logo, and the effort required to change it might pay better dividends focused somewhere else. It is also very likely that I am an outlier in the percentile that reads way too much into a logo, and your current version is very possibly the best option. A logo that suits my particular tastes could be a disastrous marketing move.

As for incorporating columns into the current design, there is little difference between a column and an extruded cog. Not that I recommend this because emphasising the columns will just make it more literal and emphasise how there are five, not four of them.

And finally, Alan, I really am going to have to read chapter 3 of your book. While I understand systems well, you introduce concepts of "brand, vision, mission, values, and culture" which I have never considered as things that can be incorporated in a system. And only as I imagine applying it to an accounts-receivable system does it start to make sense.
* If my brand is high-tech, then my invoicing must easily integrate with other people's systems.
* If my vision is to obtain a majority share of the market, my invoicing system must be very scaleable.
* If my mission is to provide a service of great value, then my invoicing system must be efficient and not put a cost burden on my company.
* If my values are to be trustworthy, then my invoicing system must have multiple checks for accuracy.
* If my culture is to be inclusive, then my invoicing system must not penalise my less profitable customers.

Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org