Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 289. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 846
Merit: 535
You make some really good points there TeeGee. I have never been involved in venture capital or similar before. But I had always assumed that successful venture capitalists don't just hand over money at milestones. I always thought they would boost their chance of success by providing business advice as well. But just because this would be the logical thing to do, doesn't mean it happens. So I'm interested to know how far DNotes are thinking of going above and beyond the standard, and what the current VC standard behaviour really is.

I imagine that there will be another benefit of DNotes being selective about projects with potential and then providing further guidance. If projects running with DNotes assistance are typically successful and provide a good return on investment, the DNotes brand will quickly come to signify a good investment. This is always a good thing, but in the current ICO environment where there are far more options than can be diligently analysed, a trusted brand like DNotes would be very powerful. 

It is common for VC to help their investment projects with support in some way, normally a seat on the board and their expertise depending on the size of the company, and the stage of growth it is in.

There are several components:

Business;
Venture Capitalists or investors;
Product platform;
Capital raising platform (for ICO or even standard investment);
Consulting services;

Current iterations in the market can cater for product and capital raising agent, for say, an ICO -- however we've seen that very few ICOs are successful or credible in their claims. For the ICOs out there who do have good products, there is still little chance that they will beat the low odds of long-term business success because of other prevailing factors like management, marketing, employee satisfaction, company culture etc. There are also no platforms offering the consulting services to maximize their success -- let alone any capable of doing so. I imagine this is likely because developer and ICO platforms are more product-centric, and the fees (in dollars or crypto) from consulting probably can't yield the 10,000% returns possible by with a quick ICO pump and dump. If they were thinking longer-term, they'd see that products born on their platform that reach heightened levels of acclaim will reach much larger returns, but there is a much higher personal investment involved. This approach would align the long-term interests of the platform, investors, and business.

I wouldn't be the person making any decisions on this, but I will offer my vision of how this could look several years in the future:

TimMarsh holdings is a startup that wants to enter a highly competitive market with its own take of a popular energy application, where leftover solar power collected from off-the-grid homes can be collected and then automatically sold on a peer-to-peer market place. The barebones of the application interface have been built, and the trading credit system designed, but you need 5 million dollars to expand the idea into a working platform. You could use the DNotes platform to list an 'unverified' ICO, and go it alone, procuring your own team of expert crypto advisors from LinkedIN, or blockchain "experts" who are already onto their 4th project in 18 months, but your preferred approach is to approach DNotes Global to run a verified ICO that allows access to more choosey and wealthy investors who select on quality, or even operate one in partnership with us.

DNotes Global meet you, and if you passed all preliminary checks, we would extensively review and verify all your personal details and scrupulously research your business idea, potential market, and your competitors and see if there is a viable business case that we could help you build a business plan for that we would be willing to put forward to our list of accredited investors (this list could be those accredited by US law, or a set of investors that meet our own conditions, but we will continue as though it is the former).

The ICO for example could be split into two pools:

Pre-ICO = for accredited investors, who get first right of refusal on all ICO offerings on the platform. There are benefits to having first right of refusal: always being able to purchase before soft/hard cap on ICO is reached, with spillover eating into the standard ICO token pool; the first right to any bonus tokens; and all token offerings that include attached sale of equity would be included in this round to meet securities laws. One example would be purchasing 50k of equity in the business, and also purchasing 50k of tokens used in its economy. Another would be having "mastercoins" that are issued in the pre-ICO round that stake and produce normal coins based on coin age instead of having 'investment bonuses' for early buyers, which will encourage them to not dump their holdings instantly once they hit the exchange. Just highlighting potential solutions to obvious problems in the current market.

After the pre-ICO, DNotes could look among your investors for those who would be able to offer their expertise in areas needed by your project (in a capacity commensurate with their investment + further pay), we could factor this self-interest into decisions we make when building an advisory team of experts in various fields from business strategy, marketing, operations etc. We could also have a network of DNotes employed professionals with skills from writing business & press releases, through to legal, accounting, economics and graphic design. The more businesses that join our network, or partner with us, the wider the number of skills within the system becomes. All of this could be done for a set fee based on hours worked, or monthly retainer, but another option for select businesses of our choosing would be to officially partner with DNotes Global, where these services are provided in exchange for an agreed amount of equity in the business / tokens. Suddenly bright people with great ideas, but no team around them to make it happen have access to a powerful network of highly skilled and highly driven business professionals to make their business idea come to life, and have a much higher chance of succeeding.

Main ICO happens = Everbody not on the verified list can invest, no securities (tokens for equity) can be exchanged here, but normal tokens can. If the TimMarsh holdings wanted, they could include a small "bonus" for early investors as is the current norm (not that I'd see the point).

DNotes then helps the business to build their application and implement it on the DNotes blockchain. We would aid in verification and validation phases, and then help them to market & manage the release of their product.

The DNotes team of assembled consultants and professionals will continue to meet / keep in touch with the ICO issuer and ensure everything is running smoothly, auditing the business where need be, and our business analysts will be looking for ways to improve process efficiency and find further opportunities for growth.

Over time, DNotes builds a reputation for successful projects, this means more promising individuals would come to DNotes to achieve their future success, and also give investors more confidence that due diligence has been done, and that the businesses long-term prospects are maximised due to DNotes Global's involvement.

**Just one way it could look in the future**

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes

Thank you Denis and Crypto Coins Market for providing well researched and detailed information covering DNotes/DNotes 2.0 on your site.  Smiley

DNotes – General Info, Best Exchanges and Wallets - https://cryptocoinsmarket.com/dnotes/

Wow! Amazing summation of DNotes' vision - what we are doing and why. A recommended must read. Thank you very much, Denis and Crypto Coins Market.

I have mentioned on various occasions that we are involved in a Big Bold project of global scale and scope. Reading the article brought home the enormity on the size of our project and what it takes to successfully execute all the different components. But think about, how could we reasonably expect mass acceptance of digital currency on a global basis without a grand plan? In other words, DNotes has a grand plan to succeed by building a different path that is more costly and time consuming. We always believe in doing the right thing at the most opportune time the right way. This will significantly improve of chances of succeeding in a big scale.

Agreed, amazing! That must have taken a great deal of research and effort. We appreciate it and will share it among our social media.
legendary
DNotes
Ok, I couldn't put it off anymore. I just ordered Alan's book. Looking forward to digesting it and checking out all the materials on https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/

Thanks, TwoCorn. I am very happy for you. I trust that you will find it helpful and inspirational. Feel free to ask any questions.

Excellent TwoCorn! I too am very happy for you. We appreciate your support and look forward to hearing your feedback.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

Thank you Denis and Crypto Coins Market for providing well researched and detailed information covering DNotes/DNotes 2.0 on your site.  Smiley

DNotes – General Info, Best Exchanges and Wallets - https://cryptocoinsmarket.com/dnotes/

Wow! Amazing summation of DNotes' vision - what we are doing and why. A recommended must read. Thank you very much, Denis and Crypto Coins Market.

I have mentioned on various occasions that we are involved in a Big Bold project of global scale and scope. Reading the article brought home the enormity on the size of our project and what it takes to successfully execute all the different components. But think about, how could we reasonably expect mass acceptance of digital currency on a global basis without a grand plan? In other words, DNotes has a grand plan to succeed by building a different path that is more costly and time consuming. We always believe in doing the right thing at the most opportune time the right way. This will significantly improve of chances of succeeding in a big scale.
legendary
Ok, I couldn't put it off anymore. I just ordered Alan's book. Looking forward to digesting it and checking out all the materials on https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/

Thanks, TwoCorn. I am very happy for you. I trust that you will find it helpful and inspirational. Feel free to ask any questions.
legendary
Thanks TimMarsh and TeeGee, appreciate your comments!

I can say, though I may have a slightly biased opinion, from working with Alan through the years and my own contributions to four pillars... I don't believe there is any self help business content available at this level of raw insight and direction, while also placing the focus on exactly what you need to know. This can have a large impact on ones business and entrepreneurial outlook of running and starting a business. This is not a college course (though that may be helpful), this is not a story just designed to sell books or a single or just a couple lessons learned (again, still helpful), this is advice from someone who has walked the walk, has the experience, and truly wants to help people be more successful in business. It is an all inclusive business framework and strategy for success.

The add-on video series dives more in depth into the individual lessons that tie into the overarching concept. I am very excited to see it completed.

**Potential future clients impressed by the message within this book and video series will be much more likely to choose DNotes as a partner to launch their business or blockchain product**

The book and accompanying video series will form a crucial component of the consulting services that DNotes will provide its clients that it works with. When existing companies and startups approach DNotes to aid them in raising venture capital or crowdfunding efforts, we will go above and beyond what is offered elsewhere in the industry. We will not only be able to assist clients with releasing their own blockchain applications on our turnkey solutions platform, but partner with them to ensure that all products launched on the DNotes blockchain are successful and provide a return for their investors. The current market only caters for producing quality products, but there are three other key pillars of business success: customers, management (you), and employees. DNotes will be able to provide the expertise to help people in every facet of their businesses to maximize their chances of success, in a way that nobody else in the industry can. This book forms a component to maximize the reach of that message, and to serve as a written guide to current and future partners. People looking to launch their business of blockchain related project who read this book and are impressed by the messages contained within it will be much more likely to choose DNotes to facilitate the process -- knowing their chances of success will be higher. To top it all off, the book is for public sale, and all proceeds will be paid to DNnotes Global, who will spend the funds to further benefit the DNotes ecosystem.

You make some really good points there TeeGee. I have never been involved in venture capital or similar before. But I had always assumed that successful venture capitalists don't just hand over money at milestones. I always thought they would boost their chance of success by providing business advice as well. But just because this would be the logical thing to do, doesn't mean it happens. So I'm interested to know how far DNotes are thinking of going above and beyond the standard, and what the current VC standard behaviour really is.

I imagine that there will be another benefit of DNotes being selective about projects with potential and then providing further guidance. If projects running with DNotes assistance are typically successful and provide a good return on investment, the DNotes brand will quickly come to signify a good investment. This is always a good thing, but in the current ICO environment where there are far more options than can be diligently analysed, a trusted brand like DNotes would be very powerful. 

Thanks, Tim. Lead VCs do not just hand their money over and hope for the best. They have at least one board seat and a lot of say in key decisions. In short, their selling points are that they come with more than just money – their connections, skill-sets and mindset. And, many of them will remind you of the “Golden Rule” (He who holds the gold makes the rule). Depending on source, their average betting success is about 30%. That is an improvement over the typical 20% success ratio but not that impressive.

As a result of crowdfund, ICOs, and other alternative funding vehicles venture capitals are under great pressure to change and adapt. DNotes NextGen VC will be based on a business model that reflects the best of the old and the new model. For now, let’s say we will be conservative yet innovative and very pro-active.

We will have different levels, processes, and defined length of participation – using our innovative technologies to the best of our advantages. Some may just utilize DNotes open source technologies with limited assistance from us. Others, if qualified, may involve an array of technical and financial participation. It is also conceivable that some of these companies may eventually be acquired by DNotes Global, Inc., before our IPO, while others may be successful enough to have their own IPO.

Again, a strong DNotes trusted brand is immensely valuable for our NextGen VC.  We also believe that a unified single culture reflecting the best of a company is crucial for business success. With my book, “Improve Your Odds – The four Pillars of Business Success,” used as the entrepreneur hand-book, I believe that our success rate will be closer to 80%. That will be an amazing record.  
Activity: 135
Merit: 10
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

I can say, though I may have a slightly biased opinion, from working with Alan through the years and my own contributions to four pillars... I don't believe there is any self help business content available at this level of raw insight and direction, while also placing the focus on exactly what you need to know. This can have a large impact on ones business and entrepreneurial outlook of running and starting a business. This is not a college course (though that may be helpful), this is not a story just designed to sell books or a single or just a couple lessons learned (again, still helpful), this is advice from someone who has walked the walk, has the experience, and truly wants to help people be more successful in business. It is an all inclusive business framework and strategy for success.

The add-on video series dives more in depth into the individual lessons that tie into the overarching concept. I am very excited to see it completed.

**Potential future clients impressed by the message within this book and video series will be much more likely to choose DNotes as a partner to launch their business or blockchain product**

The book and accompanying video series will form a crucial component of the consulting services that DNotes will provide its clients that it works with. When existing companies and startups approach DNotes to aid them in raising venture capital or crowdfunding efforts, we will go above and beyond what is offered elsewhere in the industry. We will not only be able to assist clients with releasing their own blockchain applications on our turnkey solutions platform, but partner with them to ensure that all products launched on the DNotes blockchain are successful and provide a return for their investors. The current market only caters for producing quality products, but there are three other key pillars of business success: customers, management (you), and employees. DNotes will be able to provide the expertise to help people in every facet of their businesses to maximize their chances of success, in a way that nobody else in the industry can. This book forms a component to maximize the reach of that message, and to serve as a written guide to current and future partners. People looking to launch their business of blockchain related project who read this book and are impressed by the messages contained within it will be much more likely to choose DNotes to facilitate the process -- knowing their chances of success will be higher. To top it all off, the book is for public sale, and all proceeds will be paid to DNnotes Global, who will spend the funds to further benefit the DNotes ecosystem.

That's a really well put together review. A thorough amount of reading and research has gone into it. Well done Dennis & Crypto Coins Market.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

legendary
DNotes
New additions to the Four Pillars membership site

The videos will be available to watch via the links below for a short period of time, after that they will only be accessible from the membership site.

Chapter 3 Understanding the
System Approach to Business Design

How
Competition
Can Affect...

Your Team
and the
System Approach

Mission
Focused
Culture

System
Approach to
Management

I've just watched and enjoyed all five of these video productions. They all work together to deliver a very important message and I really believe that if more businesses followed this advice, they would have a much greater chance of success. Except for the fact that with them all following it, the competition will have just become much stronger. But even this is a good thing, because society always benefits when less effort is wasted.

Thinking with a systems mindset is not an easy thing to do and doesn't come naturally to many people. We tend to think in metaphors and need some visual way of conceptualising our thoughts. Business systems are often complex and don't lend themselves easily to visualisation. There are a lot of tools out there to assist with different aspects of them. I like flow charts, and business process mapping. But all such tools find it hard to incorporate the flow of resources and information into, through, and out of the whole system. Then trying to map over that the interactions of the staff at a more abstract and emotional level, becomes very difficult even though these interactions can have a powerful impact on success.

I also like how the videos all have a consistent look and style to them. It says to me that the important thing in the video is the valuable information being delivered. And recognises that anything else, might make it look fancier, but would ultimately become a distraction from the core message. So there have been some effective decisions made with this around its production format and delivery. Well done.

Thank you, Tim. Good to know that you like it. This is a big project with almost two years in the making and quite costly to me personally – both in terms of time and money. One would wonder why I made such a huge commitment.

To begin with, my book “Improve Your Odds – The Four Pillars of Business Success” https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/  is one of the major building blocks of DNotes and DNotes Global, Inc. The book practically serves as a blue print for DNotes, and everything that we are involved in to follow. It also established our brand, mindset, and culture – critical guidelines for collaborations and partnership. They are the guiding principles for business success. And, Chapter 15 is about our industry, technology, and the DNotes story – a great way to introduce digital currency and DNotes to our readers.

Additionally, I am always deeply troubled by the high rate of business failures – 8 out of 10 businesses failed within ten years. Business failure is painful, costly, and emotionally distressful; often affecting not just the failed business owners but also family members, friends, and others. I am very committed to make a positive contribution to improve the chances of success.

There will always be the unknowns and uncontrollable that contribute 5% to 10% of business failures. Recognizing that no one is perfect, I strongly believe that any business that I am passionately involved in will have an 80% chance of succeeding. That is quite an improvement from the 20%. I trust that any true entrepreneur who follows my teachings religiously will greatly improve their odds of succeeding. Over 40,000 businesses in the United States failed each month. Even an improvement of a few percentage points will make a significant difference.  

By the time my book video production is completed – by the end of this year – I would have produced 70+ videos with bullet points, full transcripts, and the book itself. I am not aware of anything close to this scale has been done. Correct me if I am wrong. The book is available for purchase on Amazon and other outlets as an E-book, paper-back, or hard-cover. The videos with bullet points and full transcripts are available for viewing at your convenience for free till the end of 2019. All you need to do is sign up as a member HERE: https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/register/free-membership/

I have granted DNotes Global, Inc. 100% royalty free for all revenue deriving from the book. So, why is this book project important to DNotes stakeholders?  I love to have your comments, including those who have already read my book. Thanks.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
legendary

The videos will be available to watch via the links below for a short period of time, after that they will only be accessible from the membership site.

How
Competition
Can Affect...

Your Team
and the
System Approach

Mission
Focused
Culture

System
Approach to
Management

I've just watched and enjoyed all five of these video productions. They all work together to deliver a very important message and I really believe that if more businesses followed this advice, they would have a much greater chance of success. Except for the fact that with them all following it, the competition will have just become much stronger. But even this is a good thing, because society always benefits when less effort is wasted.

Thinking with a systems mindset is not an easy thing to do and doesn't come naturally to many people. We tend to think in metaphors and need some visual way of conceptualising our thoughts. Business systems are often complex and don't lend themselves easily to visualisation. There are a lot of tools out there to assist with different aspects of them. I like flow charts, and business process mapping. But all such tools find it hard to incorporate the flow of resources and information into, through, and out of the whole system. Then trying to map over that the interactions of the staff at a more abstract and emotional level, becomes very difficult even though these interactions can have a powerful impact on success.

I also like how the videos all have a consistent look and style to them. It says to me that the important thing in the video is the valuable information being delivered. And recognises that anything else, might make it look fancier, but would ultimately become a distraction from the core message. So there have been some effective decisions made with this around its production format and delivery. Well done.

Thank you, Tim. Good to know that you like it. This is a big project with almost two years in the making and quite costly to me personally – both in terms of time and money. One would wonder why I made such a huge commitment.

To begin with, my book “Improve Your Odds – The Four Pillars of Business Success” https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/  is one of the major building blocks of DNotes and DNotes Global, Inc. The book practically serves as a blue print for DNotes, and everything that we are involved in to follow. It also established our brand, mindset, and culture – critical guidelines for collaborations and partnership. They are the guiding principles for business success. And, Chapter 15 is about our industry, technology, and the DNotes story – a great way to introduce digital currency and DNotes to our readers.

Additionally, I am always deeply troubled by the high rate of business failures – 8 out of 10 businesses failed within ten years. Business failure is painful, costly, and emotionally distressful; often affecting not just the failed business owners but also family members, friends, and others. I am very committed to make a positive contribution to improve the chances of success.

There will always be the unknowns and uncontrollable that contribute 5% to 10% of business failures. Recognizing that no one is perfect, I strongly believe that any business that I am passionately involved in will have an 80% chance of succeeding. That is quite an improvement from the 20%. I trust that any true entrepreneur who follows my teachings religiously will greatly improve their odds of succeeding. Over 40,000 businesses in the United States failed each month. Even an improvement of a few percentage points will make a significant difference. 

By the time my book video production is completed – by the end of this year – I would have produced 70+ videos with bullet points, full transcripts, and the book itself. I am not aware of anything close to this scale has been done. Correct me if I am wrong. The book is available for purchase on Amazon and other outlets as an E-book, paper-back, or hard-cover. The videos with bullet points and full transcripts are available for viewing at your convenience for free till the end of 2019. All you need to do is sign up as a member HERE: https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/register/free-membership/

I have granted DNotes Global, Inc. 100% royalty free for all revenue deriving from the book. So, why is this book project important to DNotes stakeholders?  I love to have your comments, including those who have already read my book. Thanks.
I too have been browsing through the videos. Great job Alan.

How
Competition
Can Affect...

Your Team
and the
System Approach

Mission
Focused
Culture

System
Approach to
Management

As for money transfers between bitcoin buyers, Chinese exchanges, and banks, I find it hard to make sense of. I imagine a Chinese bitcoin buyer buys a bitcoin for 25,600 CNY, then the exchange hands over 1 BTC and puts 25,600 CNY in their bank. Then a year later, the Chinese investor buys 50,600 CNY with the same inflated bitcoin, where does the exchange get the extra 25,000 CNY from? I've never understood this.

It comes from the funds of other investors who have deposited money at the exchange's bank account. So another investor has fronted the additional 25,000 CNY, by depositing 50,600 CNY to purchase the original investors 1 BTC that they paid 25,600 for.

This is because exchanges have buyers and sellers. The buyers have CNY, and the sellers have Bitcoin (at the exchange in both cases). The exchange will only ever have as many CNY in their account as users deposit there, except that amount can stay constant, and the price of BTC could increase.

1 btc at the exchange, and 25,600 CNY

*Bitcoin price nearly doubles*

0.5 btc withdrawn for 50,600 CNY. There is 0.5 btc left on the exchange with no buyers. It is the rate that has changed, but that doesn't mean that all of the BTC can be sold at that rate. For the extra BTC to be sold, more people need to deposit money at the exchange.

The exchange in this case just facilitates trades between buyers and sellers, and takes a fee for each exchange. If you want to buy a bitcoin, and agree to the price of the seller, you would have to deposit that amount. Some exchanges operate their own reserves, in which they buy and sell from, in which case they have to manage their own risk of price fluctuations.

Between you both I finally understand. Thanks. I think the bit that was tripping me up was my difficulty in imagining how an exchange could manage its reserves so that it could facilitate instant exchanges. Still not a business I think I'd have the nerve for.
legendary
DNotes

How
Competition
Can Affect...

Your Team
and the
System Approach

Mission
Focused
Culture

System
Approach to
Management

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
That is very telling. For all practical purposes, we are at the infancy of a global paradigm shift that will take years to take its course. We are often over-conditioned for instant gratification - we want it here and now. "if it didn't happened; it is not happening" mentality.

We know that what is happening in our industry is very disruptive. There will be push-backs from some political leaders and big bankers. But digital currency is the future of money and no one is in the position to stop that.

It's all just a matter of time. I think that in particular, many investors find the volatile and fast moving nature of Bitcoin to be a lot more exciting than investing in slow moving stock markets. Much in the same way that people get excited when sports teams play, the gambling with one's central nervous system makes everybody want to join in on the excitement of the 'highs', and the 'hope' of a heroic comeback during the lows.

As the industry matures, we will see the general volatility of the industry as a whole decrease, and its use case as spendable money further realised.

A friend of mine calls it "Crypto Crack" Nuff said I should think...  Grin
That is very telling. For all practical purposes, we are at the infancy of a global paradigm shift that will take years to take its course. We are often over-conditioned for instant gratification - we want it here and now. "if it didn't happened; it is not happening" mentality.

We know that what is happening in our industry is very disruptive. There will be push-backs from some political leaders and big bankers. But digital currency is the future of money and no one is in the position to stop that.

It's all just a matter of time. I think that in particular, many investors find the volatile and fast moving nature of Bitcoin to be a lot more exciting than investing in slow moving stock markets. Much in the same way that people get excited when sports teams play, the gambling with one's central nervous system makes everybody want to join in on the excitement of the 'highs', and the 'hope' of a heroic comeback during the lows.

As the industry matures, we will see the general volatility of the industry as a whole decrease, and its use case as spendable money further realised.
Jump to: