Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 310. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hello everyone .
i have bought DNotes in poloniex when it was at a high price (~ 0.000068 btc) Undecided.
and hold that hoping to raise and make some profits .
as you know it didn't worked out .
now price is ~ 0.000019 ... and it doesn't look like to go up soon .
i dont know if its a good time to sell but i really need mony for the next week.
so what do you think ? should i sell my DNotes ... will be there a pump ? what about DNotes v2 .. will that raise the price ? ...
i don't know what to do ... i already lost more than 70%...! Cry
i really appreciate any advice.
thank you very much.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.
Hi TeeGee.   Good to hear from you too.  BTW... I received Alan's book, thank you.  I'm half way through it.

For some reason, I enjoy watching numbers go up and down.  I look for patterns, etc.  So, for the past couple months, following dnotes (and others), I haven't noticed anything too out of the ordinary.  Certainly I could spot a bot here and there, nothing too major.  However, that last day or so it's been non stop at Poloniex.  Especially when Bitcoin is on the move (either way).  Yes, when it hits it programmed percentages, it starts activating.  I know it's hard for a low volume market like dnotes not to be influenced by whales or bots for this matter.  
It's not so much about what the price is, it's that the bot(s) are controlling both sides (sale & buy) at the same time.  The bot is essentially determining what dnotes price is, not the traders.  90-95% of all orders on the top pages are all from the bot (big, little and all the fill in 5 dnote orders).  It'll actually trade (small amounts) with itself.  To set the "current price".  It'll put 10 or so, sell and buy orders in, by the time it would take a manual order for 1.  The bot's orders will slide up and down the price range within seconds, then off, then on...fast.  Not humanly possible.  There are very few sell orders on the books.  (less than 10 btc, and all way down there)  It looks like most people are just on the sideline maybe waiting to instant buy at the right price, or not interested in fighting with a bot.  Yes, in some cases, people are just waiting to see where btc is going, then getting in.  

I get it, I'll probably have to live with it, but not the free market I think we should expect.  In part, I would like to know if a particular exchange will or will not allow bots.  There are many ways an exchange could control/stop the robo trading, and think those steps could help instill confidence in it's users.  Right now for me, not much confidence in price discovery.  Hopefully, as you say, with more volume the real price will be discovered (up or down).  Until then, I'll be looking for a new exchange that works for it's human customers.

Cheers!

Hi Denver Dan. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the bots. This is our future, and while we might be smarter than them for a while yet, they are already much faster than us. I went and had a look at DNotes on Poliniex. While my eye is certainly not as trained as yours, it did seem to me like the shenanigans were still going on. Ha, bots don't sleep either.

I think that while it makes it really hard to beat them in making short term profits, they will possibly effect DNotes less than other cryptocurrencies because it is positioned as a long term investment. I think when DNotes 2.0 comes out, with their POS rewarding around the 2% mark, it will be even less of a long term problem.

But most of all, I'd like to thank you for pointing out an example of what I was only speculating about. I hadn't expected anyone to be targeting DNotes. Especially when there are so many other more volatile coins out there to play with. Maybe there's a wanna-be-spoofy for every alt-coin, using their relative weight for advantage.
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Yes, Poloniex.  It's not influx.  It's a bot of some kind.  It's controlling the entire DNotes market.  It's to a point, where there's no reason to put any buy or sell orders on.  In the end, I'm afraid it may dry up the liquidity because nobody will want to go there anymore.

Hey Denver Dan! Great to hear from you again.

The bulk of all trading - whether normal world or crypto world - is executed by bots. For better or for worse, they tend to control the markets to some degree as a result. They are programmed by the users to do certain actions when particular sets of conditions are met by their programmers. This is as much a risk as it is lucrative for the bot creator. At the end of the day, bot trading is part of the free-market and the way that bots are overcome is when the conditions that they are making orders from are changed by the actions of other traders.
We also pay attention to the prices at the exchanges, and would always love to see it a little higher, but at the end of the day we know it's a free market and the price will always reflect the perceived value of many of the participants. This represents an opportunity when many participants are not aware of the value in something (like is the case with DNotes). It is our focus to build value into our ecosystem, because prices will inevitably follow that boosted value, whereas price gains without increases in value are not sustainable as is the case with many 'trader tokens' that exist out there.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
I've noticed the past couple days on Poloniex, Mr. Spoofy has been really active.  It's to a point, no one can trust what the true price is.  Spoofy has pretty much taken over the DNotes exchange.  I've put in a support ticket, but maybe you guys have more pull to have this stopped/minimized..somehow?

Hi Denver Dan, to clarify, is it the markets at the PoloniEx exchange? There is a constant flux in the markets primarily due to speculative trading and would be difficult to attribute it to any one thing or individual trader.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
Spoofy and the Whales

I just read an article about a bit coin trader referred to as Spoofy. It talks about their practice of making sell and buy orders for bitcoin in Bitfinex to manipulate the price, then cancelling them after making smaller trades. To have this effect on the exchange, orders in the realm of US$60 mln are placed. This practice is illegal in the US due to the Dodd-Frank Act.

To me, even with this amount of money to throw some weight around, it seems amazing that it could have a profitable influence on the exchange rate of bitcoin. With a market cap currently over US$50 bln, bitcoin seems too big to be impacted by spoofs at one thousandth of it's market.

So of course I wonder how much it would cost to influence exchanges of less capitalised currencies. DNotes, with a market cap of just under US$9 mln, would appear to be susceptible to similar manipulation with as little as US$9,000. Other factors other than the percentage of market capital also must be considered. This includes the volumes that are regularly traded, and possibly how easily the cryptocurrency is traded with fiat currencies.

Apparently every cryptocurrency has its whales, many forming them through the tiered ICO processes they use. And I'm left wondering how much spoofing is going on with smaller cryptocurrencies. And when some of these cryptocurrencies do pre-mines or generate a percentage for themselves with each sale, how likely are the founders to manipulate their own coin value?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/single-trader-with-enormous-bankroll-is-manipulating-bitcoin-price-but-to-what-end

“Spoofy makes the price go up when he wants it to go up, and Spoofy makes the price go down when he wants it to go down, and he’s got the coin… both USD, and Bitcoin, of course, to pull it off, and with impunity on Bitfinex.”

If Spoofy can do this with Bitcoin, he can do it with any coin. Even in the real world currency manipulation happens as in the case of 1997 that led to the Asian Financial crisis. Unfortunately, there is very little that the small investors can do.   
Activity: 187
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.
Spoofy and the Whales

I just read an article about a bit coin trader referred to as Spoofy. It talks about their practice of making sell and buy orders for bitcoin in Bitfinex to manipulate the price, then cancelling them after making smaller trades. To have this effect on the exchange, orders in the realm of US$60 mln are placed. This practice is illegal in the US due to the Dodd-Frank Act.

To me, even with this amount of money to throw some weight around, it seems amazing that it could have a profitable influence on the exchange rate of bitcoin. With a market cap currently over US$50 bln, bitcoin seems too big to be impacted by spoofs at one thousandth of it's market.

So of course I wonder how much it would cost to influence exchanges of less capitalised currencies. DNotes, with a market cap of just under US$9 mln, would appear to be susceptible to similar manipulation with as little as US$9,000. Other factors other than the percentage of market capital also must be considered. This includes the volumes that are regularly traded, and possibly how easily the cryptocurrency is traded with fiat currencies.

Apparently every cryptocurrency has its whales, many forming them through the tiered ICO processes they use. And I'm left wondering how much spoofing is going on with smaller cryptocurrencies. And when some of these cryptocurrencies do pre-mines or generate a percentage for themselves with each sale, how likely are the founders to manipulate their own coin value?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/single-trader-with-enormous-bankroll-is-manipulating-bitcoin-price-but-to-what-end
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
This set of guidelines for investments in ICOs was well worthwhile.

http://www.kwm.com/en/hk/knowledge/insights/know-your-token-guide-on-token-sales-20170731

Thanks for the link, TeeGee. Excellent article.

Just two brief comments before I head out to our recording studio at the farm in Michigan:

"2. Who is involved?
Look at the track record of the issuer and the broader development and advisory team. These are usually published on the website and marketing content. Some simple internet sleuthing can provide insights into the team’s experience. LinkedIn, CoinDesk, Medium and Reddit - while not verified information sources - can provide a wealth of background information and commentary.

For institutional purchasers (with larger wallets), you’ll want to do more digging, using your internal due diligence tools and vendor sources, as well as meetings with the issuer."

We believe that TRUST, integrity, and verifiable track records are invaluable for "internal due diligence". Institutional and other serious investors will find that DNotes is a rare breed in these areas. We started out from day one to build a trusted brand and fully committed to our missions of building DNotes as a trusted digital currency with a purpose for everyone worldwide to participate. 

"Getting professional advice on your situation is essential before participating in a token sale. Be aware, however, that capital controls and tax positions can change quickly and often without notice."

This always sounds like a great advice - certainly a great disclaimer. In reality, even if you try, finding useful professional advice is nearly impossible. This industry is still at its infancy. Invest with caution and do as much of the "home-work" yourself, first.

That is one of the most interesting things about the cryptocurrency space - there are people with many skills in various areas of the space, for example legal status + blockchain, though the holistic expertise industry wide from blockchain and crypto (technology) to business and mainstream adoption aspects, through to actual knowledge of the systems beyond just being a "promoter" is extremely rare. I see many outfits all over the show that are offering "certification" for the industry, and even in New Zealand this is the case. My curious question for such groups would be what authority they have to give out such a qualification (what do they know / have worked on / produced themselves to prove competency?), and why we should recognize it? In a very uncertain industry, it is hard to prove from passing a course that you could just begin giving qualified advice regarding cryptocurrency. I'm pretty sure I could, for example, create modular testing qualification that proves what 'I think' would allow somebody to fairly say "I know all about blockchain and its use cases" - but somebody would likely learn a lot more just by reading this forum and clicking on the links that we share. The people who ARE experts at the moment, don't need qualifications because they are busy setting the standards - you would hardly find Vitalik Buterin seeking a certification in blockchain right now because the quality of ethereum speaks for him.

This issue with certification and acknowledging who the real experts are in a new industry is that so few standards have been set. There are many top people working in this realm and nobody even knows who they are!? I think this poses a real question about the direction of the industry, and if the echo chamber that is cryptocurrency is pushing itself along a certain direction with the media 'choosing' who should be listened to. It is a great reflection on why DCEBrief was created, to get more objective news out there, and often from sources that otherwise would not be heard.
legendary

http://www.kwm.com/en/hk/knowledge/insights/know-your-token-guide-on-token-sales-20170731

Thanks for the link, TeeGee. Excellent article.

Just two brief comments before I head out to our recording studio at the farm in Michigan:

"2. Who is involved?
Look at the track record of the issuer and the broader development and advisory team. These are usually published on the website and marketing content. Some simple internet sleuthing can provide insights into the team’s experience. LinkedIn, CoinDesk, Medium and Reddit - while not verified information sources - can provide a wealth of background information and commentary.

For institutional purchasers (with larger wallets), you’ll want to do more digging, using your internal due diligence tools and vendor sources, as well as meetings with the issuer."

We believe that TRUST, integrity, and verifiable track records are invaluable for "internal due diligence". Institutional and other serious investors will find that DNotes is a rare breed in these areas. We started out from day one to build a trusted brand and fully committed to our missions of building DNotes as a trusted digital currency with a purpose for everyone worldwide to participate.  

"Getting professional advice on your situation is essential before participating in a token sale. Be aware, however, that capital controls and tax positions can change quickly and often without notice."

This always sounds like a great advice - certainly a great disclaimer. In reality, even if you try, finding useful professional advice is nearly impossible. This industry is still at its infancy. Invest with caution and do as much of the "home-work" yourself, first.

Activity: 207
Is new wallet release still set for september? I am excited to stake dnotes.

Hi FogHorn_LegHorn, we are all excited about DNotes 2.0! We are on track for September. We are also committed to ensure DNotes 2.0 is completely ready and fully tested before releasing it, which will likely be late September.

How can I help? Pm me...
legendary
DNotes
Tried to read as much as I can on Dnotes 2.0. I'm planning to support DNotes 2.0 once it switches to PoS. I don't support PoW as it's too much a waste of energy and causes too much strain on computer hardware and bandwidth consumption (Just my personal view).
1. DNotes 2.0 will be PoS with 2.0% ROI per annum, is it correct? Any minimum number of coins that would be suggested to get a good return?
2. Any plans for a MasterNode model for a long term lock of coins? I will support this but would like to get info on the minimum coins required so I can prepare.
3. From DNotes to Dnotes 2.0, We will just send the old Dnotes and we'll be given a Dnotes 2.0 - 1:1 exchange. Is this correct?

Welcome Zero1One0, POS target will be 2% annual, which will vary based on number of people (coins actually) staking.

In addition, there is a 2% targeted reward for coins at addresses for a minimum of 30 days. This will become part of the enhanced CRISP (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) model.  We are considering a yearly savings reward as well. This CRISP reward structure will not require a masternode like system, there will be no minimum, and there will be no lock out (only forfeited reward for early withdrawal).

To give a really rough estimate with a fair amount of assumptions, 50,000 DNotes would allow you to stake daily, and 5,000 DNotes would allow you to stake weekly.

Yep, old DNotes will be sent in you will be given DNotes 2.0. All accounts at DNotesVault will be swapped automatically, anyone who wishes to send them there without worry of issues or keeping track of when the swap happens. There will be a notification for DNotesVault account holders, to remove their DNotes from the DNotesVault if they do not wish to swap to DNotes 2.0. There will also be notification when the swap has occurred.

Thank you for the questions, we are happy to help clarify information for the community and if you have any more questions or need further clarification just let us know.
Activity: 625
Merit: 125
Tried to read as much as I can on Dnotes 2.0. I'm planning to support DNotes 2.0 once it switches to PoS. I don't support PoW as it's too much a waste of energy and causes too much strain on computer hardware and bandwidth consumption (Just my personal view).
1. DNotes 2.0 will be PoS with 2.0% ROI per annum, is it correct? Any minimum number of coins that would be suggested to get a good return?
2. Any plans for a MasterNode model for a long term lock of coins? I will support this but would like to get info on the minimum coins required so I can prepare.
3. From DNotes to Dnotes 2.0, We will just send the old Dnotes and we'll be given a Dnotes 2.0 - 1:1 exchange. Is this correct?
legendary
China to Use Blockchain for Tax Collection

https://dcebrief.com/china-to-use-blockchain-for-taxes/

Very interesting. So, very soon the Chinese governing can start invoicing tax-payers what the government believes is due. Both under-invoicing and over-invoicing could be a big challenge for years.

"Unlike standard blockchain systems, GACHAIN is designed to ensure that command and control of the entire system remains in the government’s hands". Of course. It is a centralized closed system.

What is next? Perhaps accepting digital currency as tax payment.
China to Use Blockchain for Tax Collection

https://dcebrief.com/china-to-use-blockchain-for-taxes/
Bitcoin Cash Plummets, Bitcoin Soars, Coinbase Offers Clarification

https://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-cash-plummets-bitcoin-soars-coinbase-offers-clarification/
legendary
DNotes

Hi FogHorn_LegHorn, we are all excited about DNotes 2.0! We are on track for September. We are also committed to ensure DNotes 2.0 is completely ready and fully tested before releasing it, which will likely be late September.
Activity: 245
legendary
DNotes
PoloniEx is also going to include Bitcoin Cash.

BITCOIN CASH UPDATE

We've received several inquiries about Bitcoin Cash (BCH) since the fork on 8/1/2017. Our hesitation to immediately support BCH or any other Bitcoin (BTC) derivative was and is born out of the desire to ensure the security of network operations and the safety of our users' tokens.

We will be crediting users who had BTC in their account balance at the time of the fork with matching BCH. We expect this to occur on or before 8/14/17. Keep in mind that we have not yet determined if we will be listing BCH as a market on Poloniex nor can we commit to supporting BCH withdrawals right away. The ability to withdraw BCH will depend on network stability which is completely outside of our control.

We appreciate everyone's patience on the matter.

- The Poloniex Team

https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.08.03-Bitcoin-Cash-Update/
legendary
Is there a marketing/PR plan in place once Dnotes 2.0 gets released?

Welcome to DNotes, goopuss. No, we do not have a formal marketing plan for DNotes that we can release. As we get closer to DNotes 2.0 launch things could. We often involve our community to support our PR campaign that includes special contests. PR is one of our strengths and we can respond quickly. Following the launch of DNotes 2.0 our PR efforts will greatly intensify. 
Jump to: