Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 307. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Yeah, agreed. Sweet article; dope headline and accompanying image.

I was wary of the falling knife stuff during the the August 1 forking event. I was hearing a lot of internet opinion in favor of moving as much altcoin as possible into bitcoin to maximize the amount of bitcoin cash. I thought that made sense, but as hedge against bitcoin potentially cratering, I only moved half of my alts into btc.

Turns out the right move would have been to do it all. But I wanted to still have skin in the game in case the Y2K-like fears actually came to pass. Wish I'd loaded up on more btc than I did. But I'm generally in a little bit too deep anyway, though I'm not exactly a risk-averse person.

Supeerrrrr looking forward to launch of DNotes 2.0. Looking at the price action of something like NEO, aka Antshares 2.0, leaves me feeling very bullish about the short term prospects of NOTE. In addition, of course, to value of the long term visioning that is always at the forefront of all DNotes decision-making.

Like Zuck said once back in the day, "I'm here to build for the long term. Anything else is just a distraction."

Trust that you had a great vacation with your lovely family, MiningHabit. It was good to see your posts on Facebook.

DNotes is very committed to its long term vision. Many building blocks have been laid. Once we start gaining momentum, it could be unstoppable.

Thanks for the quote of the day, "I'm here to build for the long term. Anything else is just a distraction." 

Yes it was a really nice time, albeit entirely too short. It's definitely crystallized for us that our next chapter will begin in Portland. We are very ready to live there. It's a very different culture and pace of life, one I really appreciate, without the insane cost of living that plagues a lot of the rest of the West Coast's metropolis areas.

Super excited for 2.0, and as ever, look forward to keeping in touch! w00t!
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Thank you very much for the kind words on the article everyone.

One of the biggest advantages this community has over many others that I have seen is the objective analysis and mature discussion we regularly have here about our industry, even in the face of some of the changes working against our interests - for example Bitcoin price rises contributing to liquidation of altcoin portfolios to take profit.

To borrow the Zuckerberg quote that MiningHabit used earlier: "I'm here to build for the long-term, anything else is just a distraction", I think it perfectly illustrates the winning business approach to for long-term success - which we undoubtedly have. The fact is that current market prices do not affect in any way the material value of what we have built. The material or intrinsic value of DNotes rises everyday in line with the work that we put into it. The price at the exchange is merely a short-term reflection of current consumer knowledge of what we are doing. We're well aware that very few people own, or even follow Bitcoin itself, and even fewer follow each individual altcoin, and likely even fewer have the means to acquire a position (very hard to buy Bitcoin in New Zealand for example). Markets require 'perfect knowledge' to reflect value with perfect accuracy, and to go one step further, the more knowledge people have about what you're doing, the more accurate your price value is likely to be.

PR is incredibly important, and no doubt many more people will know who we are, and what we are doing, and what makes DNotes different when 2.0 is released come September. When the entire planet is your potential userbase, and most people only know about a few select coins in the industry, the current price at the exchange is meaningless to where it will be once development is complete, and potential customers are aware of what you're doing. The flipside of this is that once everybody knows about something, it is no longer possible to 'get in' as an 'early investor'.

Activity: 187
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.
Sony Creates Blockchain Platform for Student Data

https://dcebrief.com/sony-creates-blockchain-platform-for-student-data/

Thanks for bringing this new use of blockchain to my attention, Chase. Moving from Australia to Cambodia, I've noticed many cultural differences. But the one that stands out most is how much they value education in Cambodia. I feel like there is a direct correlation between the future success of a country, and how much education is valued at both a cultural and political level. So I'm very pleased to see Sony working in this area.

I'm also keen to see how they manage associating identity with education outcomes. If done well, this could do more than facilitate coordination between institutions and give confidence to employers. It could raise the recognition and social value of education itself.

I'm imagining an education image layer that can be placed over your avatar wherever you have a presence online. The status of having proven your knowledge and skills could then make obtaining and verifying more skills very attractive. We wear jewellery as a symbol of status. Wouldn't it be great to introduce new types of status identifiers based on things other than wealth? I've often considered a similar type of online jewellery for annual donations as a percentage of income. And I wonder how different society will be when social responsibility and education gain as much admiration as wealth does.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

I was wary of the falling knife stuff during the the August 1 forking event. I was hearing a lot of internet opinion in favor of moving as much altcoin as possible into bitcoin to maximize the amount of bitcoin cash. I thought that made sense, but as hedge against bitcoin potentially cratering, I only moved half of my alts into btc.

Turns out the right move would have been to do it all. But I wanted to still have skin in the game in case the Y2K-like fears actually came to pass. Wish I'd loaded up on more btc than I did. But I'm generally in a little bit too deep anyway, though I'm not exactly a risk-averse person.

Supeerrrrr looking forward to launch of DNotes 2.0. Looking at the price action of something like NEO, aka Antshares 2.0, leaves me feeling very bullish about the short term prospects of NOTE. In addition, of course, to value of the long term visioning that is always at the forefront of all DNotes decision-making.

Like Zuck said once back in the day, "I'm here to build for the long term. Anything else is just a distraction."

Trust that you had a great vacation with your lovely family, MiningHabit. It was good to see your posts on Facebook.

DNotes is very committed to its long term vision. Many building blocks have been laid. Once we start gaining momentum, it could be unstoppable.

Thanks for the quote of the day, "I'm here to build for the long term. Anything else is just a distraction." 
legendary
Firstly, congratulations to Alan on the speaking engagement at the world funding summit Smiley I'm sure there will be many worthwhile connections made, and exposure for DNotes.

Thank you, TeeGee. I just sent in my BIO. It is am amazing opportunity and a great exposure for DNotes. I am excited to be among many "A List" speakers.

Thanks for the kind words Alan, and yes, I love think tanks.

As for the conference, I just had a look at the speakers who've been updated on the website at the moment. You'll be in some great company while still having a unique perspective to offer. Not just your vision for Dnotes and how its capabilities align with their needs. But also your proven understanding of what businesses require to succeed.

I noticed most of the speakers are involved in venture capitalism in some way. And while picking the right technology for the right time is an important part of making a smart investment, recognising management potential is just as important. And then, once they've invested in a venture, providing guidance for business success could be the determining factor between a return on investment or a complete loss. So I can see your wealth of knowledge in this area being recognised and valued by the many speakers.

Of the speakers listed, I hope you get a chance to talk with David Koepsell. He's doing some interesting things with storing DNA on the blockchain and it would be interesting to know what he sees in the future of identity management. 
http://worldfundingsummit.com/david-koepsell

DNotes Think Tanks in 2020? That could be cool. I have been known for asking too many "why not" questions growing up. Well let's call it a wish list for now.

Yes, I will be among some great company. The timing is almost perfect with the release of DNotes 2.0. We are gaining a lot of respect and it is quite broad-base. My LinkedIn connections have shot up to 7,000 with many great connections. Strategically, DNotes is amazing well positioned. Most of our building blocks are now in place and other people are beginning to see what we are doing and why we are doing them.

Business strategies and executions are among my strengths. My book "Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success" is one of our building blocks. Included in it is Chapter 15 - The DNotes Story. I trust that we can raise the necessary capital for any entrepreneur who can master my book and put in practice the fundamental principles of business success. I will represent DNotes well at the conference, potentially with many great connections. I could be asked to help conduct work-shops for two days.

Tim, I will try my best to speak with David Koepsell. He is quite a thought-leader. It will be interesting see what he has to say about the future of identity management project, which I am keenly interested and following.

legendary

August 14, 2014 - August 14, 2017

Rate of return on bitcoin - 740%

Rate of return on DNotes - 745%

Sometimes you just need to sit back and look at the long term big picture...  Wink

Thank you, Chase. That is a reasonable and objective prospective. I would add that the DNotes train has not even left the station yet. It is just getting ready. Whereas Bitcoin is packed through the roof and well on its way to destination. Perhaps DNotes has a lot more mileage left.

I had an excellent conference call with Victoria Silchenko, PhD. She is the creator and producer of the World Funding Summit. She has amazing vision in the world of future finance and very impressed by the vision of DNotes and DNotes Global, Inc. I could end up playing a bigger role than I anticipated. And that could be an excellent collaboration to jump-start DNotes NextGen-VC mentioned in our road-map (OP).  

I strongly believe that with DNotes 2.0 and our new blockchain we are in a great position to help many start-ups and existing small businesses to raise capital. Of course, using ICOs on DNotes blockchain and in compliance with existing regulations. We always believe in doing the right thing and that one day we will be well rewarded. I also like to see common people benefit from our success.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
We may need to revisit the net and rpc ports. Discussing now.
Ha, yep, i think i see what you mean

Ok I think we decided on NET 11223 and RPC 11224. Thank you for your help!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

August 14, 2014 - August 14, 2017

Rate of return on bitcoin - 740%

Rate of return on DNotes - 745%

Sometimes you just need to sit back and look at the long term big picture...  Wink
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
Ha, yep, i think i see what you mean
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Hi FogHorn_LegHorn, we are all excited about DNotes 2.0! We are on track for September. We are also committed to ensure DNotes 2.0 is completely ready and fully tested before releasing it, which will likely be late September.

where is the code? I'd like to test it aswell ( buzztiaan from github )

oh, also, does anyone have functional nodes? the ones in original ANN post are all ded ... Sad

Hi buzztiaan, thanks for joining us on the forum. DNotes 2.0 is not ready for full testing at the moment, but I will certainly add you to the list. I'm currently connected the following:

{
"addr" : "95.85.44.200:11223",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1502755198,
"lastrecv" : 1502755200,
"conntime" : 1502755137,
"version" : 1020000,
"subver" : "/DNotes:1.2.0/",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : 1829555,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "162.243.225.90:11223",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1502755189,
"lastrecv" : 1502755193,
"conntime" : 1502755137,
"version" : 1020000,
"subver" : "/DNotes:1.2.0/",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : 1829555,
"banscore" : 0
},

Activity: 148
Merit: 10
Hi FogHorn_LegHorn, we are all excited about DNotes 2.0! We are on track for September. We are also committed to ensure DNotes 2.0 is completely ready and fully tested before releasing it, which will likely be late September.

where is the code? I'd like to test it aswell ( buzztiaan from github )

oh, also, does anyone have functional nodes? the ones in original ANN post are all ded ... Sad
Activity: 207

legendary

Excellent work, Tim. I love the headline, "Bubbles Riding Rockets & Falling Knives". That says so much about our industry. It is not for the faint-hearted. Always invest with caution and do not invest more than you can afford in the event of total loses.

legendary
Any possibilities of including other more "competent" exchanges like Bittrex and Bitfinex for the purpose of enhancing deposit and withdrawal capabilities for DNotes and increasing exposure ?

Thanks, SCeeYong. Yes, we have a significant PR campaign scheduled for the last quarter of the year following the launch of DNotes 2.0. At the same time we will be approaching a number of exchanges to get DNotes listed. DNotes is poised to take a big leap forward by the end of this year.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your update on DNnotes' PR campaign in Q4 2017 especially after its migration to DNotes 2.0 which will entail elements that will bring positive semblance of calmness, healthy growth to NOTE through education, smart partnerships and additional listings in other more competitive /competent /efficient exchange platforms, among others.

However , in and under the present circumstances,at least until all these take effects by the end of the year,  NOTE investors are and will still be relying heavily on PoloniEx as an exchange platform to buy and sell NOTE. My immediate concern is that the impaired Deposit/Withdrawal capabilities will exert downward pressure on NOTE's price viz:-

1.The continuing and successful NOTE deposits to Poloniex matched with consistent withdrawal problems of the coin from Poloniex will reduce buying demand while increasing the supply .

2. Similarly, investors will avoid or stay away from the coin if deposits of NOTE also become an issue at PoloniEx matched with withdrawal problems.

To some extent , I am inclined to believe that this is situation we are facing now with a less-than-efficient PoloniEx is among the contributory factors to NOTE's unattractive price performance in terms of USD or BTC, especially when the price of the latter has come to cross the 4k mark.

Hi SCeeYong,

Thank you for your support and very thoughtful recommendations. The steep price decline of DNotes, quite frankly, caught us by surprise; so did Poloniex unresponsiveness to customer support. It certainly has negatively affected the value of DNotes. No doubt, BTC price jump to $4,200 + also has a negative impact on most altcoins, including DNotes.

Unfortunately, in the mist of software upgrade from DNotes 1.0 to 2.0 every exchange will want to wait until DNotes 2.0 is successfully launched and in their eyes - proven to be stable. Objectively, that will bring us towards the end of the year.

The good new is that once we switched from POW to POS the supply of newly minted DNotes will largely end up with DNotes long-term investors with CRISP accounts at DNotesVault. Together with other efforts, DNotes long-term outlook should be quite favorable.

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Any possibilities of including other more "competent" exchanges like Bittrex and Bitfinex for the purpose of enhancing deposit and withdrawal capabilities for DNotes and increasing exposure ?

Thanks, SCeeYong. Yes, we have a significant PR campaign scheduled for the last quarter of the year following the launch of DNotes 2.0. At the same time we will be approaching a number of exchanges to get DNotes listed. DNotes is poised to take a big leap forward by the end of this year.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your update on DNnotes' PR campaign in Q4 2017 especially after its migration to DNotes 2.0 which will entail elements that will bring positive semblance of calmness, healthy growth to NOTE through education, smart partnerships and additional listings in other more competitive /competent /efficient exchange platforms, among others.

However , in and under the present circumstances,at least until all these take effects by the end of the year,  NOTE investors are and will still be relying heavily on PoloniEx as an exchange platform to buy and sell NOTE. My immediate concern is that the impaired Deposit/Withdrawal capabilities will exert downward pressure on NOTE's price viz:-

1.The continuing and successful NOTE deposits to Poloniex matched with consistent withdrawal problems of the coin from Poloniex will reduce buying demand while increasing the supply .

2. Similarly, investors will avoid or stay away from the coin if deposits of NOTE also become an issue at PoloniEx matched with withdrawal problems.

To some extent , I am inclined to believe that this is situation we are facing now with a less-than-efficient PoloniEx and is among the contributory factors to NOTE's unattractive price performance in terms of USD or BTC, especially when the price of the latter has come to cross the 4k mark.

Activity: 187
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.
Firstly, congratulations to Alan on the speaking engagement at the world funding summit Smiley I'm sure there will be many worthwhile connections made, and exposure for DNotes.

Thank you, TeeGee. I just sent in my BIO. It is am amazing opportunity and a great exposure for DNotes. I am excited to be among many "A List" speakers.

Thanks for the kind words Alan, and yes, I love think tanks.

As for the conference, I just had a look at the speakers who've been updated on the website at the moment. You'll be in some great company while still having a unique perspective to offer. Not just your vision for Dnotes and how its capabilities align with their needs. But also your proven understanding of what businesses require to succeed.

I noticed most of the speakers are involved in venture capitalism in some way. And while picking the right technology for the right time is an important part of making a smart investment, recognising management potential is just as important. And then, once they've invested in a venture, providing guidance for business success could be the determining factor between a return on investment or a complete loss. So I can see your wealth of knowledge in this area being recognised and valued by the many speakers.

Of the speakers listed, I hope you get a chance to talk with David Koepsell. He's doing some interesting things with storing DNA on the blockchain and it would be interesting to know what he sees in the future of identity management. 
http://worldfundingsummit.com/david-koepsell
Jump to: