Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 329. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Any bootstrap for the blockchain ?
Activity: 846
Merit: 535

The article does an exceptional job at summarizing the work that we have all done, and highlights the importance of strong leadership, which DNotes is not in short supply of.

Bitcoin, and Ether have drummed up a lot of interest in crypto-markets of late, and many people are wondering where the smart money will go to next. Part 3 of my Cryptocurrency Investment Series was just published, and I'd recommend people have a look at it, and judge DNotes by the criteria provided in it. There should be no question where the smart money is headed.

https://dcebrief.com/op-ed-mitigate-your-risk-how-to-invest-for-success/

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

Excellent interview Alan!!  http://www.ceocfomobile.com/DNotesGlobal17-CEOCFOMagazine-Interview.pdf

Can we share this on social media?

Absolutely!

This is one of the most comprehensive DNotes articles and we encourage everyone to post and promote it.

Without a doubt this interview comes across strong and on point. Excellent work Alan!

Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

This is awesome!

From Steemit - The author is using the "Could I retire on faucets?" strategy from wiser's CryptoMoms post, to accumulate DNotes. He gives DNotes a glowing review and encourages everyone to buy. He also created a video detailing how to buy on Poloniex, using DNotes Vault, etc. The only problem is, he still thinks the retirement accounts are paying interest (??).

Week 1: Bought 52 DNOTES for my 20 Year Retirement Plan - 1% Interest per Month!

7 hours ago
bitcoinkings48 in cryptocurrency

Hi guys!

Today I wanted to share with you an awesome Crypto-currency I recently discovered called DNOTES (NOTE). I found out about this altcoin after reading an interesting thread on cryptomoms.com titled: Could I retire on faucets?

In this thread the author speaks about how (s)he collects free Bitcoin from faucets and uses that to buy DNOTES.

Moon Bitcoin: Claim your free bitcoin now
Moon Dogecoin: Claim your free dogecoin now
Moon Litecoin: Claim your free litecoin now

The author then sends all DNOTES (s)he bought into a 20 year retirement account called CRISP for Retirement with a return of 1% per month, which amounts to 12% interest annually.

You can BUY DNOTES from Poloniex and once you have your coins you can send them to your retirement plan.

I am currently registered on DNOTES Vault with a 20 year retirement plan which is earning me an interest of 1% per month. This is 12% compounding interest annually. When I started my plan I decided to buy 52.63157894 DNOTES from Poloniex at a value of 0.00099999 BTC which was around $2.03479201 when I transferred my DNOTES into my wallet.

The value of my investment is currently $10.43789687 and I have already earned 0.52542632 DNOTES interest on my original balance. I intend on buying DNOTES on a monthly basis and sending it to my retirement plan. I will keep you guys posted on the progress of my account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF0gNXSXt30

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@bitcoinkings/week-1-bought-52-dnotes-for-my-20-year-retirement-plan-1-interest-per-month

Awesome video though it needs some clarification. Of course, we love and appreciate compliments that are totally unsolicited.

DNotes is committed to building a trusted brand because we believe that trust is invaluable in every business dealing, particularly in financial services.  The next wave of investment will be coming from seasoned investors and professional fund managers. We want to ensure that everything that we do is researchable and verifiable. That is what separates DNotes from most of our industry peers. Perhaps we believe more than others that we are dealing with money, other people’s hard-earned money, no matter how it is characterized - commodity, asset of no instinct value, or property.

Now back to CRISP For Retirement. We did not want to dilute our stakeholders assets by issuing more DNotes in order to fund the retirement program, yet we felt that it would be a great incentive to provide a few selections of different terms to give people a choice that best fit their time horizon – 5, 10, 15, or 20 years.

With that I got the support of some major stakeholders who collectively purchased 1,000,000 Dnotes and contributed them for of paying the interest until the last DNotes from this pool is used up. The balance is verifiable:

CRISP for Retirement Statistics
Funded Retirement Accounts   296
Principal Deposit Value   82,479.42 USD
Total Interest Payments   951,187 NOTE
Current USD Value   1,322,245.80 USD
Current DNotes   6,601,110 NOTE
Retirement Fund Bonus Balance   100,447 NOTE

Apparently, there is still some left. The math may not add up because early withdrawal were forfeited any interest paid as stipulated.
We are committed to the benefits and success of others based on our principal belief that we will also be successful as a group by doing that. The following press release provides more details:

Yahoo Finance:

DNotes Digital Currency Retirement Savings Plans Provide Relief For Underfunded Retirement Accounts

AccesswireFebruary 16, 2015

DNotes is pleased to announce unprecedented Digital Currency Retirement Savings Plans to provide relief for underfunded retirement accounts; offering up to 12% Yearly Interest Bonus with a limit of 1,000,000 DNotes and a 100% deposit guarantee.

CHICAGO, IL / ACCESSWIRE / February 16, 2015 / DNotes, known as a stable digital currency with a solid and consistent uptrend, announced an unprecedented new savings plan to provide relief for underfunded individual retirement accounts. According to computing pioneer and DNotes Co-Founder Alan Yong, one million DNotes have been donated to CR.I.S.P. (Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan) for Retirement to encourage savers to supplement their underfunded individual retirement accounts. With any long term DNotes deposit commitment of 5, 10, 15, or 20 year duration, individuals will receive a 100% deposit guarantee, up to 12% yearly interest bonus on their deposit with 1 million DNotes limit on the bonus interest offered. Utilizing DNotes secure online coin storage platform DnotesVault; DNotes is now offering a wide range of individualized long term savings solutions.

Mr. Yong went on to explain that not everyone has the means or ability to save for retirement, resulting in many reaching retirement age with social security as their only source of income. Even for disciplined savers who can only save a small amount regularly, because of limited means, it can take decades to build a meaningful nest egg. This is compounded by the fact that nearly one in three Americans have withdrawn funds from their accounts before reaching retirement age.
Digital currencies such as DNotes and Bitcoin, are often characterized with huge potential growth propelled by rapidly growing investment from venture capital and wealthy individuals. As a group, $314 million was invested in this space in 2014 and is likely to exceed $1 billion this year. Being still at an early stage, investment in digital currency has the potential to yield high returns, albeit at a high risk. It is, therefore, prudent to only allocate a small percentage of one's total portfolio for high risk investment, especially in early stages digital currency.

Closer to home, the seriously under funded individual retirement savings are also troubling. RJF, Director of CR.I.S.P. for Retirement expressed his concern, "In these uncertain financial times, it is becoming more and more difficult to maintain a retirement account that will actually see you through your golden years. We believe that the concept of using DNotes to augment your retirement savings is an important consideration."

RJF went on to explain that CR.I.S.P. for Retirement is an unstructured and self-directed plan, using DNotes as the investment vehicle to supplement retirement savings. Re-occurring savings, in any amount, may be added at any time. This savings plan can be started with any amount of DNotes by opening an account at DNotesVault with an expanded registration at CR.I.S.P. for Retirement landing page.
CR.I.S.P. is the brain-child of Chase, a core team member of CryptoMoms; a community with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the cryptocurrency world currently dominated by men. CryptoMoms.com is a currency neutral site, offering rich content on everything about cryptocurrency. It has a very helpful community ready to answer any questions promptly. CryptoMoms was created by, and is fully funded by, the DNotes team.

Read More: :  https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dnotes-digital-currency-retirement-savings-032800708.html

Very glad to see the fund is doing well. Any thoughts of upgrading or modifying to achieve more returns for new depositors? Is Dnotes 2.0 not POS? Could be something there...

The new CRISP payout and staking reward in the DNotes 2.0 upgrade is meant to replace these. With a target of 4% combined and compounded interest, direct and permenant distribution from the blockchain. Interested to hear everyones thoughts on that.

Sounds like an outstanding idea. Makes the plans much more attractive and valuable to persons closer to retirement who have just discovered them. Good way to attract older people to crypto. I like it!

legendary
DNotes

Excellent interview Alan!!  http://www.ceocfomobile.com/DNotesGlobal17-CEOCFOMagazine-Interview.pdf

Absolutely!

This is one of the most comprehensive DNotes articles and we encourage everyone to post and promote it.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Excellent interview Alan!!  http://www.ceocfomobile.com/DNotesGlobal17-CEOCFOMagazine-Interview.pdf

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

TimMarsh asked if we could post these on the forum for feedback.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/dnotes/works/26871402-we-accept-dnotes?asc=u

Appreciate it Tim!

I think they are perfect and love that the only image on them is simple, but classy. The saying is memorable and I can see it attracting some inquisitive comments. I am also very impressed with this:

"T-Shirts and Hoodies on Redbubble are expertly printed on ethically sourced, sweatshop-free apparel..."

There is also a 20% off promo code on the top of the page, so my only question is, when can we order them?  Smiley
legendary
DNotes
TimMarsh asked if we could post these on the forum for feedback.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/dnotes/works/26871402-we-accept-dnotes?asc=u

Appreciate it Tim!
Merit: 102
This is a really interesting article, and it raises some curious questions too.

I wanted to see a graph of how the bolivar was inflating and went to xe.com where I immediately saw by the level values and vertical steps that it was pegged to the USD. I also saw that ten of them could buy a US Dollar, not the 6,000 required in the article. So, with confidence in the quality of DCEBrief, I knew I had to do some more digging.

According to Wikipedia, on the first of January 2008, the Bolivar was renamed the bolivar fuerte and revalued at 1:1000 of the earlier bolivar. Since then it has remained pegged to the USD with adjustments made every few years. But that didn't explain the 6,000 bolivar exchange rate. So I followed a link to DolarToday.

There I found that today the unofficial exchange rate for 1 USD is 8,287 bolivar. So what is going on? Does this mean that you could take a 1 USD to the black market, exchange it for 8,000 bolivar. Then walk over to the government exchange, and swap your newly acquired 8,000 bolivar for 800 USD. Walk back over to the black market and buy it out for 6,400,000 bolivar? Not bad for a day's work. So surely not. My guess is that the black market is working fine, and it is the government exchange that won't sell you USDs for claimed 10:1 rate.

If this is the case, then it looks like a really clear example of how centrally controlled currency can have a value that is completely out of touch with it's potential value if traded illegally. I'm not saying that artificially imposing stability on a currency is a bad thing. But it does make me wonder what the bolivar would be worth if it could be easily traded, peer to peer, like an alt-coin.

Tim, you're exactly right: the problem is access to the official exchange rate. And centralized control in general, of course...

I included a link to a Reuters article that went into a little more detail about this problem, but that link apparently fell through the cracks during the posting process (translation: operator error). Thanks for the heads-up!

http://www.reuters.com/article/uk-venezuela-economy-idUSKBN18L03C
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.
This is a really interesting article, and it raises some curious questions too.

I wanted to see a graph of how the bolivar was inflating and went to xe.com where I immediately saw by the level values and vertical steps that it was pegged to the USD. I also saw that ten of them could buy a US Dollar, not the 6,000 required in the article. So, with confidence in the quality of DCEBrief, I knew I had to do some more digging.

According to Wikipedia, on the first of January 2008, the Bolivar was renamed the bolivar fuerte and revalued at 1:1000 of the earlier bolivar. Since then it has remained pegged to the USD with adjustments made every few years. But that didn't explain the 6,000 bolivar exchange rate. So I followed a link to DolarToday.

There I found that today the unofficial exchange rate for 1 USD is 8,287 bolivar. So what is going on? Does this mean that you could take a 1 USD to the black market, exchange it for 8,000 bolivar. Then walk over to the government exchange, and swap your newly acquired 8,000 bolivar for 800 USD. Walk back over to the black market and buy it out for 6,400,000 bolivar? Not bad for a day's work. So surely not. My guess is that the black market is working fine, and it is the government exchange that won't sell you USDs for claimed 10:1 rate.

If this is the case, then it looks like a really clear example of how centrally controlled currency can have a value that is completely out of touch with it's potential value if traded illegally. I'm not saying that artificially imposing stability on a currency is a bad thing. But it does make me wonder what the bolivar would be worth if it could be easily traded, peer to peer, like an alt-coin.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
Hi, is there any scheduled date for v2.0 release ?

Welcome to the forum, Khad. DNotes 2.0 will be released sometime in September 2017.
Hey Everyone,
Just looking for advice on Investing as a student. [...] I've mostly been putting this to the side and paying off my loan or into Savings. [...]
Hi Will, I see you've already had plenty of great advice. One thing I would add is that if your loan is charging more interest than you're confident you can earn investing, pay off the loan first.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hi, is there any scheduled date for v2.0 release ?

Thanks Tim, my brain needed a workout today. Grin

The infographic should have been a little clearer, but here is how I believe it is meant to be interpreted:

"2 billion people lack access to a transaction account"
"Here is the percentage in each focus country"
- this could have been clearer - ie. the percentage of the 2 billion financially excluded in each focus country.

Of the 2 billion people in the world that are financially excluded, 73% of them are from the 25 focus countries. China's financially excluded would be 11.6% x 2 billion = 232 million, India 20.6% x 2 billion = 412 million, etc. The percentages of these 25 countries add up to the 73% stated (1.46 billion people), and the remaining 27% financially excluded (540 million people), would be from countries not included in this focus group. Some of these smaller countries could have very high rates of exclusion within their country, but only make up a tiny percentage of the 2 billion total.
Thanks Chase, your explanation completely changed my perception of the data. It hadn't occurred to me that these were percentages of a single total, rather than the percentages within each country. I think the confusion arises from the orange elements of the info-graphic being unrelated to the blue layer. It also makes sense of why the blue colors of the countries indicate different percentage-ranges to the orange dots labelling the same country.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

Happy Father's Day to all the great dads who always make time for their kids!

Thanks, Chase. Happy Father's Day to all Dads around the world.

Take a day off. I am doing just that.

What's a "day off" look like?  Tongue

Happy Father's Day, fellow dads!

That's an easy answer. Just do gardening for 4 hours and spent 8 hours with family. My typical DNotes work day is 12 hours. But then this is something I am totally passionate about. So, it is more fun than hard work.
Merit: 102

Happy Father's Day to all the great dads who always make time for their kids!

Thanks, Chase. Happy Father's Day to all Dads around the world.

Take a day off. I am doing just that.

What's a "day off" look like?  Tongue

Happy Father's Day, fellow dads!
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Hey Everyone,
Just looking for advice on Investing as a student. The Dnotes CRISP for students finally got me to jump in on crypto. I'm an Electrical engineering student that's interested in setting aside some money for Crypto each week (specifically Dnotes). Was wondering what the recommended amount should be for someone in my situation. I typically end the week with $50-$100 I've mostly been putting this to the side and paying off my loan or into Savings. was looking at 20% of earnings is that a good amount to put into digital currencies while keeping the rest for traditional type savings (bank).I will also have money from work over the holidays that will be used mostly for investing.

I was also interested to hear from anyone that has setup data centers specifically with the goal of Mining coins. I'd like to use my Engineering experience in the field of digital currencies after graduating (seems to be where the world is going). What sort of cost did you have setting it up? What return did you get on your investment? Is it worthwhile to setup in NZ with the electricity costs we pay? Cost of cooling? Cost of storage? and Any mistakes you made you'd warn others against doing.

Hi Will!

Welcome to the forum. Crypto is a great way to diversify your savings with, and we will endeavor to play a great role in improving your savings position. CRISP itself is going to be a great way to encourage saving, with up to ~4% annualized returns possible with the proof of stake reward (2 % supporting the network by running a node on your pc), and also by storing your DNotes at the DnotesVault, you'll automatically begin getting 2% on balances held for more than 30 days.

Setting up some type of optimal miner system could have advantages, though in New Zealand, it is common for much of the hardware to take a significant amount of time to arrive in NZ, by which time, you lose the highest gains (because the difficulty of mining increases very quickly - 2 weeks of postage, or a delay in the arrival of your rigs will massively eat into your returns). DNotes itself is moving to proof-of-stake, which will not use traditional miners. I think that the best strategy will likely be to utilize one of the future assets / tokens that will be released as currencies on the DNotes blockchain as part of our development network. Some of these assets will, i imagine, may have the ability to utilize computing power in some way (not necessarily POW, but other means that can synergize with proof of stake) while rendering custom mining hardware (ASICS) unusable to interact with the token.

The profitability will be dependent on the token itself, and how many other people are mining it etc, and the electricity costs would likely mean you'd mine at a loss. You would be banking on the token appreciating in value, and it may just be better to purchase. IN regards to heating and storage in your own home - well if you live in a cold part of the country like Queenstown or Dunedin, then you'd likely not need a heater in the winter Smiley.
Jump to: