Pages:
Author

Topic: do i have to pay tax on bitcoins ? - page 19. (Read 27964 times)

legendary
Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000
November 20, 2016, 06:48:39 PM
This thread has truly been a boon to account farmers:

hurain
no we do not pay tax on bitcoin, actually our government has not yet declare bitcoin as legal currency therefore it is yet tax free, because there id no tax on any illegal object, but if the government will recognize it as legal then they will impost tax on bitcoin and every one will then pay tax,
i think it depend on your country polity if your country has decler bitcoin legal and imposed tax on bitcoin then surely you have to pay tax on bitcoin, otherwise there is no tax on bitcoin because in most of the area bitcoin is not legal and the country not yet consider bitcoin as legal currency.
if your country have impose tax on bitcoin then you have to pay tax otherwise there is no tax on bitcoin  only those countries may be collecting tax on bitcoin who are already accepted bitcoin as legal currency.
i think it depend on the policy of your country, if your country imposed tax on bitcoin then you have to pay tax on it other wise there is no tax on bitcoin at all.

Superbitzz
but i think it is up to your country policy, if your country consider bitcoin as legal and then impost tax on it then you must have to pay tax on it ans you will have no other choice.
no it is not tax, it is just the fee you pay on transaction, the tax you have to pay to the government and government only impose tax on such things which are legal and do not impose tax on such item which are not legal, as bitcoin is still not consider as legal therefore there is no tax on bitcoin.
i think it depend on your country policy, if your country impose tax on bitcoin then you really have to pay tax on it but for this your country must have to declare bitcoin as a legal currency first.
yes that is right say you can buy more and more bitcoin and can hold it for a long time tell yo wan to keep, as there is no tax on bitcoin and no one has to pay tax on bitcoin tell the government impose tax on it.
yes that is a fact that every one has to pay tax on fiat currency, but it we talik about bitcoin so there is no tax on bitcoin because bitcoin is not a legal currency, and still not legalize by any country.
yes that is a fact and i thin still not a single country has impose tax on bitcoin and the reason is that not a single country yec turn bitcoin as legal currency therefore to me there is no tax on bitcoin.

satdas
it depend on the area and the country where you are living, if your country has imposed tax on bitcoin they you have to pay tax but i thin still not a single country has yet consider bitcoin as legal currency therefore there is still no tax on bitcoin.
but i think the government cannot develop a system to impost tax on bitcoin until they legalize it, and still i do not think that any country has officially legalize bitcoin, i think still any government given any statement about bitcoin that either it is a legal currency or not, and therefore still there is no tax on bitcoin. may be in future when government when the government will legalize bitcoin will think about to impose tax on bitcoin.
yes that is right to say, as not a single country has yest consider bitcoin as legal currency therefore they are not putting tax on bitcoin but once it become a legal currency then they will certainly put tax on bitcoin, may be some countries are thinking about this to legalize it, and if once it become a legal currency then it will become more and more popular currency of the world.

Dora Doll
but i think still there is no tax on bitcoin any where, still bitcoin is tax free, and the reason is that still not a single country consider bitcoin as legal currency therefore still there is no tax on bitcoin. may be in future when governments will accept bitcoin as legal currency then they will put tax on bitcoin.
yes but as not a single country yet consider bitcoin as legal currency therefore i  think there is no tax on bitcoin and when bitcoin will be consider as legal currency then they will put tax on bitcoin,

Maesters1
yes it depend on the policy of a country, if a country has imposed tax on bitcoin then you have to pay otherwise bitcoin is tax free in most of the areas as most of the countries has yes not yet consider bitcoin as legal currency.
i think most of the countries have no tax on bitcoin, and the reason is that bitcoin is not yet legalize by any state and there is no poly of any country to impost tax on illegal items, and therefore there is no tax bitcoin in most of the countries.

Others
if you country has imposed tax on bitcoin then you have to pay tax on it, otherwise there is no tax on bitcoin there is  only transaction charges and nothing else.
it totally depend on your country policy if your country have impost tax on bitcoin then you certainly have to pay tax on bitcoin otherwise it is free of tax every where.
yes i also agree with you, that if you country has impose tax tax on bitcoin then you have to pay tax other wise there is no tax but it is also a fact that still very little number of state have impost tax on bitcoins may be yet not a single country.
i think that is not you are paying tax, you are just paying service charges, tax is only collected by the government, and government only collect tax on legal things, as bitcoin is not a legal currency therefore government is not collecting tax on bitocin.
if your country have impose tax on bitcoin then you have to pay tax otherwise there is no tax on bitcoin  only those countries may be collecting tax on bitcoin who are already accepted bitcoin as legal currency.
yes there is no tax on bitcoin directly but if you change your bitcoin in to fiat currency and deposit it in bank they  you have to pay tax, actually bitcoin is not yet consider as legal in any country therefore there is no tax on bitcoin any where.
i think it is totally depending on the policy of your country, if your country has imposed tax on bitcoin then you must have to pay tax, other wise there is no tax on bitcoin.
but in my country there is no tax on bitcoin, as we have to pay tax on such item which are legal or registered with government, as bitcoin is not yet registered with government nor the government consider it as legal currency, therefore there is no tax on bitcoin.
i think it is depending on our country policy, if your country has impose tax on bitcoin then you really have to pay tax on bitcoin, but i think still most of the countries has not yet impost tax on bitcoin, therefore bitcoin is still free in most of the countries.

Agree - perfect examples of poor quality (bad/useless information/advice) posts that continue to plague this forum.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
Veni, Vidi, Vici
November 17, 2016, 09:32:58 AM
it depend on the area and the country where you are living, if your country has imposed tax on bitcoin they you have to pay tax but i thin still not a single country has yet consider bitcoin as legal currency therefore there is still no tax on bitcoin.

That is absolutely incorrect. Bitcoin doesn't have to be a currency for taxes to be imposed on it.
Taxes are imposed on income / profits and you definitely can profit using bitcoins.

Taxes is a very hot issue for everyone; so if someone wants to have an overview as regards the legislation on taxation can take a look at this article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country by Wikipedia. About what is happening in every country because the article is relatively old and the tax legislation in some countries changes very often should be addressed to the appropriate law firm. Especially if it concerns EU country then the attorney firm must have the appropriate experience and knowledge of EU directives because many EU countries prefer to embodiment the EU directive particularly if the issue is global, complex and there is not the relevant experience
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
November 10, 2016, 03:12:52 PM
There is no tax on bitcoin only the fee for transaction that you should pay for every transaction..
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
November 08, 2016, 02:42:44 PM
Who are you going to pay taxes? After all, there is no such official currency.
yes that  is right to say that bitcoin is not an official currency and therefore their is no tax on bitcoin, but once bitcoin become legalize by government then they must impose tax on bitcoin but i think in present time there is no tax on bitcoin.
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
November 05, 2016, 06:36:28 AM
Who are you going to pay taxes? After all, there is no such official currency.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
November 02, 2016, 01:07:42 AM
This thread has truly been a boon to account farmers:

hurain
no we do not pay tax on bitcoin, actually our government has not yet declare bitcoin as legal currency therefore it is yet tax free, because there id no tax on any illegal object, but if the government will recognize it as legal then they will impost tax on bitcoin and every one will then pay tax,
i think it depend on your country polity if your country has decler bitcoin legal and imposed tax on bitcoin then surely you have to pay tax on bitcoin, otherwise there is no tax on bitcoin because in most of the area bitcoin is not legal and the country not yet consider bitcoin as legal currency.
if your country have impose tax on bitcoin then you have to pay tax otherwise there is no tax on bitcoin  only those countries may be collecting tax on bitcoin who are already accepted bitcoin as legal currency.
i think it depend on the policy of your country, if your country imposed tax on bitcoin then you have to pay tax on it other wise there is no tax on bitcoin at all.

Superbitzz
but i think it is up to your country policy, if your country consider bitcoin as legal and then impost tax on it then you must have to pay tax on it ans you will have no other choice.
no it is not tax, it is just the fee you pay on transaction, the tax you have to pay to the government and government only impose tax on such things which are legal and do not impose tax on such item which are not legal, as bitcoin is still not consider as legal therefore there is no tax on bitcoin.
i think it depend on your country policy, if your country impose tax on bitcoin then you really have to pay tax on it but for this your country must have to declare bitcoin as a legal currency first.
yes that is right say you can buy more and more bitcoin and can hold it for a long time tell yo wan to keep, as there is no tax on bitcoin and no one has to pay tax on bitcoin tell the government impose tax on it.
yes that is a fact that every one has to pay tax on fiat currency, but it we talik about bitcoin so there is no tax on bitcoin because bitcoin is not a legal currency, and still not legalize by any country.
yes that is a fact and i thin still not a single country has impose tax on bitcoin and the reason is that not a single country yec turn bitcoin as legal currency therefore to me there is no tax on bitcoin.

satdas
but i think the government cannot develop a system to impost tax on bitcoin until they legalize it, and still i do not think that any country has officially legalize bitcoin, i think still any government given any statement about bitcoin that either it is a legal currency or not, and therefore still there is no tax on bitcoin. may be in future when government when the government will legalize bitcoin will think about to impose tax on bitcoin.
yes that is right to say, as not a single country has yest consider bitcoin as legal currency therefore they are not putting tax on bitcoin but once it become a legal currency then they will certainly put tax on bitcoin, may be some countries are thinking about this to legalize it, and if once it become a legal currency then it will become more and more popular currency of the world.

Dora Doll
but i think still there is no tax on bitcoin any where, still bitcoin is tax free, and the reason is that still not a single country consider bitcoin as legal currency therefore still there is no tax on bitcoin. may be in future when governments will accept bitcoin as legal currency then they will put tax on bitcoin.
yes but as not a single country yet consider bitcoin as legal currency therefore i  think there is no tax on bitcoin and when bitcoin will be consider as legal currency then they will put tax on bitcoin,

Maesters1
yes it depend on the policy of a country, if a country has imposed tax on bitcoin then you have to pay otherwise bitcoin is tax free in most of the areas as most of the countries has yes not yet consider bitcoin as legal currency.
i think most of the countries have no tax on bitcoin, and the reason is that bitcoin is not yet legalize by any state and there is no poly of any country to impost tax on illegal items, and therefore there is no tax bitcoin in most of the countries.

Others
if you country has imposed tax on bitcoin then you have to pay tax on it, otherwise there is no tax on bitcoin there is  only transaction charges and nothing else.
it totally depend on your country policy if your country have impost tax on bitcoin then you certainly have to pay tax on bitcoin otherwise it is free of tax every where.
yes i also agree with you, that if you country has impose tax tax on bitcoin then you have to pay tax other wise there is no tax but it is also a fact that still very little number of state have impost tax on bitcoins may be yet not a single country.
i think that is not you are paying tax, you are just paying service charges, tax is only collected by the government, and government only collect tax on legal things, as bitcoin is not a legal currency therefore government is not collecting tax on bitocin.
if your country have impose tax on bitcoin then you have to pay tax otherwise there is no tax on bitcoin  only those countries may be collecting tax on bitcoin who are already accepted bitcoin as legal currency.
yes there is no tax on bitcoin directly but if you change your bitcoin in to fiat currency and deposit it in bank they  you have to pay tax, actually bitcoin is not yet consider as legal in any country therefore there is no tax on bitcoin any where.
i think it is totally depending on the policy of your country, if your country has imposed tax on bitcoin then you must have to pay tax, other wise there is no tax on bitcoin.
but in my country there is no tax on bitcoin, as we have to pay tax on such item which are legal or registered with government, as bitcoin is not yet registered with government nor the government consider it as legal currency, therefore there is no tax on bitcoin.
i think it is depending on our country policy, if your country has impose tax on bitcoin then you really have to pay tax on bitcoin, but i think still most of the countries has not yet impost tax on bitcoin, therefore bitcoin is still free in most of the countries.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
November 01, 2016, 10:20:50 AM
Activity: 532
October 30, 2016, 02:39:49 PM
I think in America we are supposed to pay taxes if we cash out of an exchange. I think it's like selling something for profit. I'm not sure how other countries handle taxes on bitcoin.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
October 29, 2016, 12:10:03 PM
Legally, in the majority of the world you are the one who is required to confirm if they need to pay a tax on something, therefore if your country has taxes on BTC as a commodity or the profit trading BTC then you are the one who is required to confirm, Of course you won't be tracked directly but something like an exchange of BTC to USD using your bank account can cause problems I guess.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
October 29, 2016, 10:19:34 AM
Depends on your country's rule about bitcoin.  If they impose tax to bitcoin related sales then you need to include your tax to your payment.  If you buy your house in bitcoin, and your country does not impose tax on bitcoin, you still need to pay for the annual tax of the house you bought because the there is an existing law about it.
Activity: 1372
October 26, 2016, 04:14:56 AM
so i wanna know do i realy have to pay taxes on bitcoins and does my gov recognize bitcoins as my property and do i have to care about any legal action by  gov on my bitcoin property ?

I dont know the exact rule in the UK, i know that you wont have to pay tax if you haven't cashed them out so since im hodling for a long time it does matter as of yet. 

Anyone know exact UK rules?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
October 25, 2016, 12:27:29 PM
thank you very much for al of your responses and i really do appreciate this because i was really curious about the  taxation because its a punishable crime to not pay the taxes so i guess i am now satisfied and will liquify more money and turn in to bitcoin cause hey its tax free and who wants to pay taxes

What country do you live in that does not tax bitcoin?

There is absolutely no question that capitol gains taxes apply in the U.S. And here you owe on all income, even illegal income, which BTC is not. Below is an Illinois tax stamp for weed. Fail to get a tax stamp and you can be charged for tax evasion as well as possession.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
October 25, 2016, 10:16:52 AM
currently bitcoin is not regulated as legal tender in any country
legislation may vary from country to country,but I never heard about people who paid taxes in bitcoins
or for using,storing buying or selling bitcoins
there could be an exception if you trade at any given US based exchange and you have filled tax resident form 6166 and provided your id
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
October 24, 2016, 04:02:13 PM
You do not have to pay tax while using bitcoin at the present time. There is no tax here, only fee for miners. However, nowadays, bitcoin is developing so quick making many governments consider to put the tax on it. In my opinion, right now, they are creating a system which makes people pay tax to use bitcoin.

I agree, there is no tax implemented in bitcoin transaction in my country.  It is not yet regulated by tax department so we are free to convert or buy bitcoin without taxes except for processing fee.  But if we use it to pay bills and other stuff, we are not exempted to the taxes implemented on that billings.
Activity: 518
October 24, 2016, 01:57:28 PM
You do not have to pay tax while using bitcoin at the present time. There is no tax here, only fee for miners. However, nowadays, bitcoin is developing so quick making many governments consider to put the tax on it. In my opinion, right now, they are creating a system which makes people pay tax to use bitcoin.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
October 23, 2016, 04:08:04 PM
If you convert your bitcoin to the fiat and then you should pay the tax since you are literally making profit by convert your bitcoin to fiat, however it's depend on which country you live due to rules and regulation of each country is different. Unless you don't need to pay tax when you hold your bitcoin on your wallet or transaction with them.
yes there is no tax on bitcoin directly but if you change your bitcoin in to fiat currency and deposit it in bank they  you have to pay tax, actually bitcoin is not yet consider as legal in any country therefore there is no tax on bitcoin any where.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
October 23, 2016, 02:33:06 PM
Activity: 154
October 23, 2016, 03:22:47 AM
If you convert your bitcoin to the fiat and then you should pay the tax since you are literally making profit by convert your bitcoin to fiat, however it's depend on which country you live due to rules and regulation of each country is different. Unless you don't need to pay tax when you hold your bitcoin on your wallet or transaction with them.
Activity: 364
Merit: 254
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 22, 2016, 05:49:29 PM
I think in America we are supposed to pay taxes if we cash out of an exchange. I think it's like selling something for profit. I'm not sure how other countries handle taxes on bitcoin.
Activity: 126
October 22, 2016, 05:10:41 AM
Whether you have to pay taxes on bitcoin or not solely depends on the country you live in and it's regulations/laws  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: