Pages:
Author

Topic: Do we need to diversify? - page 3. (Read 3705 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 1
July 26, 2018, 10:20:25 AM
the fact that the one coin the you invest may be fraudulent or just its course will fall to zero. and if invest in a few coins the probability of the loss of reduced
Activity: 1484
Merit: 101
July 26, 2018, 10:06:50 AM
If you want to invest only BTC, that's okay lots of people do that. But if you want to invest in altcoin, then yes you need to diversify your portfolio, as you never know which coin will have next bull run. So be smart and invest in a few coins.
I think so, splitting money on many altcoins is a better and more profitable thing, we never know how the future crypto, but if only focus on one or two coins then we can stress when the price drop, diversify is safer than focus on a coin only.
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
July 25, 2018, 05:50:41 AM
If you own too many coins, it's not easy to stay updated about their progress and their roadmap. Since there are so many coins in the market its very practical approach to separate your investment might some coin will dump and other will pump you all have a great choice.
Activity: 122
July 25, 2018, 05:46:59 AM
No cryptocurrency is predictable so you can not really say a particular coin will keep rising and thus fetch you profit. You need to have several of them so that as some decrease in value, others will increase thus making your holdings a bit stable
Activity: 421
Merit: 10
July 25, 2018, 05:12:57 AM
Diversified investment is very good. First of all, you will not cause bankruptcy due to the loss of a coin. This is a way to reduce risk! But concentrated investment is also good, because of the concentration of funds, the income that can be created will certainly be more!
Activity: 378
July 25, 2018, 04:49:38 AM
I think it is necessary to invest in cryptocurrency diversification, which directly affects your risk allocation. Only rational allocation of risks is a rational investment. Of course you can also choose only one.
Activity: 470
Merit: 16
July 25, 2018, 04:20:43 AM
Allways need to diversify your portfolio because it's too risky to put all money in one asset even if this is bitcoin.  I have some classic coin in my portfolio and very risky alts which can give me big profit in the future
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
July 25, 2018, 03:54:56 AM
Diversification is very important and a good strategy for the people which have a well-management on their portfolio. So we need to divesify our invesment in order to minimize the risk. And to get a better profit and to fasten the growth of our portfolio.
Activity: 95
Merit: 2
July 24, 2018, 03:15:40 AM
Always diversifying! it's the first rule in crypto. If you go 100% in only one coin, you'll finish to loose everything. Personnaly, I have invested in 6 or 7 different coins. And I hold, as much as possible (several years for sure).
Activity: 1005
Merit: 502
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
July 24, 2018, 02:53:42 AM
Why do we need to diversify our holdings? why we just all in in one coin to have a one time bigtime profit.

I think it's good to diversify, but not too much. Not more than 6-7 coins for the long term is a good amount. If you own too many coins, it's not easy to stay updated about their progress and their roadmap. You will have difficulties to track your profits. So, only one coin is too risky but owning more than 7 coins is deleterious as well.
Activity: 42
July 24, 2018, 02:41:14 AM
Diversifying Allows one to hedge against potential bad projects, ALways a good idea, I have invested in many "good projects" only to see them fail so always good
Activity: 168
July 24, 2018, 01:59:50 AM
Well, you dont have to diversify if you want it easy. Easy loss and easy work. If you are ready to lose your investment at once then you can put it all in one coin but if you are careful and want to try which other coin is worth investing to also, you will diversify.
Activity: 476
July 23, 2018, 07:05:50 PM
 Diversity is the only way you are going to make something worthwhile in  the crypto market. Diversifying gives you the opportunity  to spread your investment widely . Putting all your money in one coin will olu make you losses when the coin osses value
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
July 23, 2018, 06:55:26 PM
Go all in is not very good idea. You can invest in scam, or weak project. Or project can have problems with regulators, or it will be hacked. So with deversification you will have much less risks to loose all you money in one time. And i advise you to invest only in top altcoins and Bitcoin, not in small alts.

They are not only the scam projects that are risky. Investing in well know projects can have some hidden traps. I share your opinion and always do my best to diversify my investments.
Activity: 5
July 23, 2018, 06:52:29 PM
Clearly haven't heard not put all your eggs in one basket. Its the same principal. If you put all you money into one currency and that currency drops by 50% you loose 50%
of your investment. If your money is spread evenly over 5 currencies and the same one drops by 50% you ultimately only loosing 10%. But i mean its still your own choice how you want to do it. I prefer having my funds spread a bit for security, but don't get me wrong, there is still a chance all 5 investments drop at the same time, it to unpredictable.

Absolutely correct putting all eggs in one basket is very risky idea, since there are so many coins in the market its very practical approach to separate your investment might some coin will dump and other will pump you all have a great choice.
Activity: 532
Merit: 107
July 23, 2018, 06:45:45 PM
If you want to invest only BTC, that's okay lots of people do that. But if you want to invest in altcoin, then yes you need to diversify your portfolio, as you never know which coin will have next bull run. So be smart and invest in a few coins.
Activity: 1258
Merit: 104
July 23, 2018, 06:41:44 PM
Why do we need to diversify our holdings? why we just all in in one coin to have a one time bigtime profit.

indeed we need verification for our account, so our account is safe from hackers or we can tehindar of risk. so verification is necessary for comfort and security. if for the coin problem it gets one yes indeed. because until now each account itun certainly must get 1 coin.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
July 23, 2018, 06:34:43 PM
Go all in is not very good idea. You can invest in scam, or weak project. Or project can have problems with regulators, or it will be hacked. So with deversification you will have much less risks to loose all you money in one time. And i advise you to invest only in top altcoins and Bitcoin, not in small alts.
Activity: 112
July 23, 2018, 06:33:46 PM

In some case, diversify can be important and helpful because not all successful projects can survive for long because even some is listed it can still drop or increase on price but most reduces and that's why diversify comes in to lower the risk of getting something at least.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
July 23, 2018, 06:18:00 PM
diversity is for the people which have a well-management on their portfolio and as well as have a decent amount of funds.
I think if you still have a small funds tried to focus on one cryptocurrency first so you can try to maximize it

It truly depends on a person considering the financial and mindset one is having. Diversifying one's investment is a wise thing to do generally but it will be a pain for a person having a limited source of funds. Therefore, it is better to focus first on a single investment particularly in crypto before proceeding to diverse coins for investment.
Pages:
Jump to: