Pages:
Author

Topic: DO WE REALLY NEED MORE STABLE COINS? - page 13. (Read 17385 times)

Activity: 255
Merit: 1
March 26, 2019, 02:05:04 PM
Stablecoins will lead us on the road to a positive financial revolution, since it is practically cheaper, easier and more reliable when it comes to exchanging cryptocurrencies instead of using fiat
Activity: 994
Merit: 101
March 26, 2019, 01:22:32 PM
If it is stable then it makes people not interested in investing in crypto, I am sure that volatile prices provide an opportunity for us to get big profits, the most important thing is that we understand risk.
Activity: 194
March 26, 2019, 12:22:16 PM
Some friends of mine always lament  that 'we  need more stable coins in the cryptosphere' and I think that is highly achievable looking at the promising prospects that has been achieved by tether. It seems some upcoming projects are also promising to introduce stable coins. Is it possible to have more stable coins on the crypto market? What would really happen if we get more stable coins on the crypto market, would the volatility reduce?
I have often wondered of the need to creating more stable coins. For example, PAX and GUSD were both launched the same day which I believe were both not even necessary since there are already existing stable coins.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
March 26, 2019, 11:51:51 AM
Some friends of mine always lament  that 'we  need more stable coins in the cryptosphere' and I think that is highly achievable looking at the promising prospects that has been achieved by tether. It seems some upcoming projects are also promising to introduce stable coins. Is it possible to have more stable coins on the crypto market? What would really happen if we get more stable coins on the crypto market, would the volatility reduce?

why do we need more stable coin? at the first place cryptocurrency known because of its volatility. most of the investor invest because of it.

I beg to disagree. We need stable coins for cryptocurrency to go mainstream. It would be very hard to achieve if coins are really volatile in nature. As of now, while cryptocurrency is too young, volatility is highly expected. But, as time passes by, we need coins to be stable just like the price of US dollar and gold.
Activity: 327
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
March 26, 2019, 11:40:55 AM
We already have the likes of TrueUSD (TUSD), USD Tether (USDT), Bitcoin Air (USDAP) and other examples of stable coins; we do not need more any longer

But this is a decentralized ecosystem and anyone can come up with another form of token any time

Yes, few tokens are stable that you have said. I think there is no stable coins beside these (TUSD, USDT, USDAP) in coinmarket. Any coin or token is unstable, price are always changeable.
It is true that the market is not regulated and coins can change at any time including what you have mentioned. I think there is no stable coin, the market is always active, investors / traders always buy and sell so there is no stable price movement on the market.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
March 26, 2019, 11:34:02 AM
I do not see the point in this, although probably if, as usual, to look from the point of view of a situation that would talk about decentralization and competition, then of course we need a lot of similar projects. But still, the community itself decides who and what.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
March 26, 2019, 06:55:49 AM
The market has enough coins but there is no convenient attraction for the investors that's why we need to search and receive the new currency is again and again but there is always a huge things waiting for us so using them will be the right area so don't expect new coins.
Activity: 703
Merit: 250
March 26, 2019, 06:40:24 AM
No we do not, but people that are developing stable coins are earning huge money by bringing such coins on the market. But in my opinion five or six stable coins are more than enough to represent the market conditions.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 503
March 26, 2019, 06:33:12 AM
Is it possible to have more stable coins on the crypto market? What would really happen if we get more stable coins on the crypto market, would the volatility reduce?
I think yes, if they comply the needed regulations and they need approval from the regulators, the volatility of cryptocurrency will not reduce since Stable coins aren't really crypto by the law, it will not affect the performance of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 407
Merit: 14
Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds
March 26, 2019, 06:26:40 AM
There are hundreds of currencies worldwide and there is one fact that we all tend to.forget... 'Stablecoins are not just US Dollar pegged coins".
I want to see an era where stable.coons are available in all conceivable.currency worldwide so that people can transact with stablecoin that matches their local currency in price, I think this would go a long way in boosting worldwide cryptocurrency adoption.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 104
March 26, 2019, 05:42:26 AM
In the crypto world everything can be obtained including coins that can be stable through several promising projects, only now is it very difficult that we also get a truly promising project with stable coins.
Activity: 1270
Merit: 254
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
March 26, 2019, 05:35:28 AM
The market will dictate whether we need more stablecoins. In the end, the ones with the most adoption will take dominance in the end. Only time will tell. But this is a free market after all, anybody can take a shot at making new stablecoins.
why do they still do. we have some very good stable coins! For what to do even more. people get confused and the market becomes more difficult for everyone
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
March 26, 2019, 05:29:35 AM
The market will dictate whether we need more stablecoins. In the end, the ones with the most adoption will take dominance in the end. Only time will tell. But this is a free market after all, anybody can take a shot at making new stablecoins.
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
Coinsbit.io
March 26, 2019, 05:24:58 AM
I think that cryptocurrency will be very low in the future. The current pump and dump will go down in history. Most likely, the future of cryptocurrency will be relatively calm and predictable. Therefore, the primary capital accumulation phase is now underway. Therefore, I advise everyone to invest now in cryptocurrency while prices are very affordable. There are many projects in the market that are really worth investing in. And well-known top projects and promising newcomers such as Sound Money Coin.
Activity: 172
March 26, 2019, 04:55:16 AM
I think we need them even if it's only for hedging. Also Stable coin will be effective for an ecosystem that wants to operate in the traditional market and with it, users of the platform will be able to edge the platform utility token against normal crypto volatility.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
March 26, 2019, 04:06:01 AM
There is no stable coin, this is because the marketcap is still small, if the marketcap can reach $ 100 trillion it might go up and down the price will not reach 1% per day, anyone is easy to pump and dump if the marketcap is still small.
Activity: 1099
Merit: 116
March 26, 2019, 03:56:17 AM
We already have the likes of TrueUSD (TUSD), USD Tether (USDT), Bitcoin Air (USDAP) and other examples of stable coins; we do not need more any longer

But this is a decentralized ecosystem and anyone can come up with another form of token any time

Yes, few tokens are stable that you have said. I think there is no stable coins beside these (TUSD, USDT, USDAP) in coinmarket. Any coin or token is unstable, price are always changeable.
Activity: 690
Merit: 12
There are consequences for every action
March 26, 2019, 03:37:13 AM

Activity: 656
Merit: 251
www.fintropy.io
March 26, 2019, 03:27:44 AM
Stable coins are a tool to manipulate the market. We have already seen market manipulation with stable coins. Do you want more similar?
Activity: 1526
Merit: 111
Pepemo.vip
March 26, 2019, 02:58:22 AM
Actually, there are some positive and negative sides of the stable coins.
However, so far, what makes many people interested to invest in cryptocurrency is about the volatile characteristics, that can lead them to gain more profits. The presence of stable coins may be the choice when the bear market is happening, it can decrease the consequences of losing more money. However, on the other sides, when it is bullrun someday, how's about the value of stable coins?
However, yeah, stable coins may be also needed in order to be a certain transaction or financial system.
I agree with you. Each conditions have its positive and negative impacts depend on which part you are taking part. As investors (long-term), stable coin is needed in order to maintain its project/platform in certain purposes such as financial services or transactions. Meanwhile, the volatility of coins in the market will be the opportunities for active traders in regard to gain profit.
but unfortunately because of the decentralized system, it is difficult for us to get a stable coin for a long time. except maybe the bitcoin holder has spread throughout the country, so it's difficult to manipulate
Pages:
Jump to: