Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ? - page 96. (Read 142276 times)

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
December 09, 2016, 02:38:35 PM
Coinbase has recently reported that they have almost 5 million wallets. Even if we make allowance for the fact there well may be duplicates, it is still a lot more than half a million active Bitcoin users as of today. But Coinbase is not the only pebble on the beach, there are a few other strong web wallets out there. As to me, there would little difference between these web wallets and Bitcoin banks should they really appear, at least, in respect to trust
On seeing these much success of web wallets, why not we just conclude people are still looking for a banking systm even with their bitcoins.

People are seeming too lazy to understand the core concepts of bitcoin ecosystem and they want bitcoin similar to the traditional banking system or similar to other online payment processing system.

If this type of trends persist, bitcoin banks will be inevitable.

They are not lazy overall

It simply doesn't make sense to get into all these gory details about Bitcoin setup. If there were nothing else but Bitcoin and no web wallets hanging around, folks would have to learn the Bitcoin basics lest they should lose money. But since there are already fiat banks and Bitcoin web wallets, why should they give a fuck about personal wallets? Other than that, ordinary people are not tech-savvy on the whole but wise enough to understand that they might not be able to properly set up and secure their personal wallets
Bitcoin cannot definitely work in a banking system, for a fact that if they do accept Bitcoin, they won't have any use to it. One way on how the banks earn money is by loaning your money. Do you think a person that goes to a bank will request for a loan of a heft amount of Bitcoin? I guessed not because they will have a hard time finding people who will accept that kind of currency.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
December 09, 2016, 02:31:55 PM
Coinbase has recently reported that they have almost 5 million wallets. Even if we make allowance for the fact there well may be duplicates, it is still a lot more than half a million active Bitcoin users as of today. But Coinbase is not the only pebble on the beach, there are a few other strong web wallets out there. As to me, there would little difference between these web wallets and Bitcoin banks should they really appear, at least, in respect to trust
On seeing these much success of web wallets, why not we just conclude people are still looking for a banking systm even with their bitcoins.

People are seeming too lazy to understand the core concepts of bitcoin ecosystem and they want bitcoin similar to the traditional banking system or similar to other online payment processing system.

They are not lazy overall

It simply doesn't make sense to get into all these gory details about Bitcoin setup. If there were nothing else but Bitcoin and no web wallets hanging around, folks would have to learn the Bitcoin basics lest they should lose money. But since there are already fiat banks and Bitcoin web wallets, why should they give a fuck about personal wallets? Other than that, ordinary people are not tech-savvy on the whole but wise enough to understand that they might not be able to properly set up and secure their personal wallets
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
December 09, 2016, 02:24:23 PM

legendary
December 09, 2016, 02:13:07 PM
People would surely not tend to put up their bitcoin on a bitcoin bank because they will surely prefer to use their own wallet and have the control on their money compare on putting up into a bitcoin bank which is something unusual thing to do snce there are lots of wallets out there to choose from and why we should need the use of banks.

You seem to be mistaken on this

Activity: 3010
Merit: 794
December 09, 2016, 01:32:32 PM
People would surely not tend to put up their bitcoin on a bitcoin bank because they will surely prefer to use their own wallet and have the control on their money compare on putting up into a bitcoin bank which is something unusual thing to do snce there are lots of wallets out there to choose from and why we should need the use of banks.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
December 09, 2016, 01:24:44 PM
I use Coinbases Shift card so I but BTC and use the Visa card anywhere i want. If more of my bills accepted BTC I would set up monthly payments on coinbase. I'll close my 'normal' bank account if/when that happens.

My savings are in a altcoin (NAV) that I like that stakes 5% much better than my banks interest rate.

do i want someone else handling my money? no! do i think someone else can handle my money faster/better? maybe faster, maybe better and even maybe safer, but i do not want to be looking for such a person, because they also have to be trustworthy.   

Let's remain realists

We don't yet have any real Bitcoin banks yet, but people are already using web wallets like Coinbase or Xapo and trusting their money to someone else. How come? Because they don't want to get into all the gory details of installing a desktop wallet and risking losing their hard-earned coins due to a misconfiguration, hardware failure or virus attack. Or they themselves doing something stupid with their wallet and coins

sorry, i do not understand you. you use coinbase to pay your bill if i understood this right and you habe your savings invested in an altcoin that earns you an interest rate of 5%?
for me the important question is: are you in charge of your money or do you depend on other people? can the take your money rightful/unrightful or cut you off?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
December 09, 2016, 12:58:02 PM
I use Coinbases Shift card so I but BTC and use the Visa card anywhere i want. If more of my bills accepted BTC I would set up monthly payments on coinbase. I'll close my 'normal' bank account if/when that happens.

My savings are in a altcoin (NAV) that I like that stakes 5% much better than my banks interest rate.

do i want someone else handling my money? no! do i think someone else can handle my money faster/better? maybe faster, maybe better and even maybe safer, but i do not want to be looking for such a person, because they also have to be trustworthy.   

Let's remain realists

We don't yet have any real Bitcoin banks yet, but people are already using web wallets like Coinbase or Xapo and trusting their money to someone else. How come? Because they don't want to get into all the gory details of installing a desktop wallet and risking losing their hard-earned coins due to a misconfiguration, hardware failure or virus attack. Or they themselves doing something stupid with their wallet and coins
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
December 08, 2016, 09:44:40 PM
I just dont think that it would work to be honest

another currency in the future will probably set up a bank tho idk
legendary
December 08, 2016, 04:49:58 PM
Once dealt with the real banks and their system, you will not want to trust anyone else. What will be different "bitcoin bank" from those that now is not clear. Perhaps the word "bank" is alarming, but still, the financiers are special people. Still, what currency they celebrate.

I don't know for sure what the intent of the bitcoin Bank. Because of that I know of that bitcoin is bank. But banks in the context of what I mean is a private bank, so we are the owner of any bank of any wallet btc that we have. Why should be discussing something that did not yet we can think properly, the better we do something things can indeed help our lives and also help someone who is need it
You are right. But people those who are not having enough options to buy and sell bitcoin more conveniently in their country, are still looking for a banking services which will be accepting their bitcoin deposits and also providing bitcoin withdrawal functionality.

I guess the demand for bitcoin bank will fade away when people are seeing bitcoin hits mainstream of adoptions in their local region.

You seem to be confusing banks on one side with exchanges and web wallets on the other. The options of buying and selling bitcoins are made available through Bitcoin exchanges (and partially through web wallets). These are specifically established to facilitate the exchange of currencies (e.g. fiats to bitcoins and vice versa). Banks, on the other hand, tend to be primarily focused with lending and borrowing money...

Though many banks allow you to convert currencies too, but that's not their primary aim
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
December 08, 2016, 03:12:46 PM
Once dealt with the real banks and their system, you will not want to trust anyone else. What will be different "bitcoin bank" from those that now is not clear. Perhaps the word "bank" is alarming, but still, the financiers are special people. Still, what currency they celebrate.

I don't know for sure what the intent of the bitcoin Bank. Because of that I know of that bitcoin is bank. But banks in the context of what I mean is a private bank, so we are the owner of any bank of any wallet btc that we have. Why should be discussing something that did not yet we can think properly, the better we do something things can indeed help our lives and also help someone who is need it
You are right. But people those who are not having enough options to buy and sell bitcoin more conveniently in their country, are still looking for a banking services which will be accepting their bitcoin deposits and also providing bitcoin withdrawal functionality.

I guess the demand for bitcoin bank will fade away when people are seeing bitcoin hits mainstream of adoptions in their local region.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
December 08, 2016, 02:25:44 PM
yess i totally agree with the idea that if there would be bitcoin bank ,it will be easy for bitcoin users for transaction.
So all country government should think about this idea. Wink
legendary
December 08, 2016, 10:23:21 AM
You expect too much from ordinary people

If you want to teach people to use personal wallets, you should start teaching them when they are still in school. Most people (your average people) after 30 years don't want to learn anything new since they are quite content with what they had been taught when they were young. Indeed, if they are cornered by circumstances they would learn almost anything, but if they have choice they will most certainly take the path of least resistance
i guess it is true that i expect to much, but without expectations it is just a question of time until all is lost.
you also brought the point up i forgot to mention in my last post. the education.
we need to become a society that teaches these important things to everybody. right know i can teach my kids and my friends that are interested, but why not teach such essential things in school? i am talking about finance in general not only bitcoin. bitcoin would only be the icing on the cake. i can only hope for the future, but i do not see this happening to be honest.   

I think that question has already been answered

And the answer is that the government doesn't want to teach kids things that would threaten the existence of the government itself. There are private schools for that, but the majority of the kids there are children of the wealthy elites so they are expected to become the next government in the future and shouldn't go against the system, at least, not in massive numbers
i agree, but once a person comes to this conclusion he/she must decide if he/she will try to fight against it, live on doing nothing (the modern slave) or accept it as a fact and try to take advantages for themselves which means becoming part of the problem. i always say myself as a good guy and bitcoin as a means of fight against this, but sometimes i ask myself why bother? it would be so much easier to become the bad guy, get rich and live a nice life and leave the suffering to other. i do not know what is holding me back. i can honestly say that i have tried. if the people want a bitcoin bank, why not give them what they want.

I think we can state it with certainty that most people if they were given such a choice would choose to become a part of the system since it would fit them and their nature perfectly. And I guess you can't fight with it openly (if you decide not to be a part of it after all). The best you can possibly do is to sabotage it or use it whichever suits your personal interests best at this very moment. In fact, it is about being opportunistic of sorts, but as I said, let's remain realists...

And then the system will most likely ignore you altogether
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
December 08, 2016, 10:12:40 AM

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
December 08, 2016, 10:08:58 AM
December 08, 2016, 10:07:28 AM

If you want to teach people to use personal wallets, you should start teaching them when they are still in school. Most people (your average people) after 30 years don't want to learn anything new since they are quite content with what they had been taught when they were young. Indeed, if they are cornered by circumstances they would learn almost anything, but if they have choice they will most certainly take the path of least resistance
i guess it is true that i expect to much, but without expectations it is just a question of time until all is lost.
you also brought the point up i forgot to mention in my last post. the education.
we need to become a society that teaches these important things to everybody. right know i can teach my kids and my friends that are interested, but why not teach such essential things in school? i am talking about finance in general not only bitcoin. bitcoin would only be the icing on the cake. i can only hope for the future, but i do not see this happening to be honest.   

And the answer is that the government doesn't want to teach kids things that would threaten the existence of the government itself. There are private schools for that, but the majority of the kids there are children of the wealthy elites so they are expected to become the next government in the future and shouldn't go against the system, at least, not in massive numbers
i agree, but once a person comes to this conclusion he/she must decide if he/she will try to fight against it, live on doing nothing (the modern slave) or accept it as a fact and try to take advantages for themselves which means becoming part of the problem. i always say myself as a good guy and bitcoin as a means of fight against this, but sometimes i ask myself why bother? it would be so much easier to become the bad guy, get rich and live a nice life and leave the suffering to other. i do not know what is holding me back. i can honestly say that i have tried. if the people want a bitcoin bank, why not give them what they want.
legendary
December 08, 2016, 09:42:47 AM

December 08, 2016, 09:30:57 AM

Let's remain realists

i always ask myself why do people trust stranger (bank, wallets like coinbase or xapo) to handle their money. part of them just do not know better. part of them think they are better of by not doing it themselves for the above reasons. but we can change this. we can offer advice, knowledge or even courses to first inform the people on the status quo and then teach them how to use bitcoin properly. i think a good week of decent work and learning should be enough to learn the basics you need to do it yourself and be your own bank. everybody should have the time for it. worst case is you have to take a week of to gain your financial independence. if people still do not want that, then i really do not know how to convince them or even if the deserve it.   

Activity: 966
Merit: 515
One of the world's leading Bitcoin-powered casinos
December 08, 2016, 09:29:22 AM
Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card.
In reality I am not satisfied with idea of Bitcoin bank because I think the idea of Bitcoin bank will make destroy the job of Bitcoin trader , Because through Bitcoin bank everyone will make buy/sell directly without hire a trader And secondly there is more chances to originate tax system on Bitcoin that we have in our wallet .
legendary
December 08, 2016, 09:14:53 AM

Let's remain realists

i always ask myself why do people trust stranger (bank, wallets like coinbase or xapo) to handle their money. part of them just do not know better. part of them think they are better of by not doing it themselves for the above reasons. but we can change this. we can offer advice, knowledge or even courses to first inform the people on the status quo and then teach them how to use bitcoin properly. i think a good week of decent work and learning should be enough to learn the basics you need to do it yourself and be your own bank. everybody should have the time for it. worst case is you have to take a week of to gain your financial independence. if people still do not want that, then i really do not know how to convince them or even if the deserve it.   

Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
December 08, 2016, 08:41:42 AM
Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card.

I voted I don't know the idea is not in tuned with the concept of decentralization of bitcoin and besides if a company it sto set up a Bitcoin bank they need the consensus of majority of users,because we ourselves acts like a bank also ..
Pages:
Jump to: