Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you believe in Aliens? - page 3. (Read 6207 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS
February 23, 2014, 12:34:39 PM
Satoshi is an alien, so yes, I do believe in Aliens Smiley
Activity: 122
February 23, 2014, 11:18:07 AM
Trivial answer:

If the universe is infinite (we believe it is,) and if the probability of life existing is nonzero (well, we exist, don't we?) then it follows that the answer to the question is "yes."

But this answer is probably not going to satisfy most.

If the question is "do aliens exist within our Hubble volume, our galaxy, or within x distance of us?" that is not an answerable question with the information we have. In fact, we cannot even speculate on probabilities. Too much about the chain of events leading to the origin of life is simply not known, and speculative guesses about the various steps range all over the map from "inevitable" to "wildly improbable." Moreover, claims about knowing the number of Earth-like planets or about abiotic origins of amino acids do not really address the problem meaningfully--there are too many other contingent probabilities that are simply not known.
Activity: 154
February 23, 2014, 08:10:57 AM
like in God.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
February 23, 2014, 02:12:37 AM
am sure UFOs says ...

idont know any other planet such full of stupid people.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
February 23, 2014, 02:10:42 AM
I think it is time a real question should been asked:

"Do you think aliens believe in us?"
Activity: 308
Merit: 253
February 23, 2014, 02:08:34 AM
Any logical person would believe that there is life in other places in the Universe. The Universe is so old, and even much so than old it's so big.
Activity: 238
Stand on the shoulders of giants
February 23, 2014, 12:53:41 AM
so let put my two shatoshi on the topic ...

There are many aliens races and they fight each other to get control of us and our mind, the battlefield is our subconscious mind  ...

I am joking I don't believe in aliens BUT

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
February 22, 2014, 09:48:17 PM
i doubt they will visit us. Earth is probably the ghetto of the galaxy.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
February 22, 2014, 09:15:42 PM
I believe that other 'intelligent' life exists somewhere other than Earth, but I dunno if it would be a pleasant experience to be visited by 'aliens', pretty damn sure that it wouldn't end too well for us.
What makes you think they are hostile or are even a solid.

History is what makes me think that 'aliens' would be hostile.

That and Hollywood movies too Tongue
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
February 22, 2014, 08:29:14 PM
Yes, of course.

Why makes you think that they do not exist??
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
February 22, 2014, 08:25:48 PM
we are definitely not alone in the universe. I say that, and Alien Hunting said that... Smiley

I believe in alien too! Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
February 22, 2014, 07:30:29 PM
we are definitely not alone in the universe. I say that, and Alien Hunting said that... Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
February 22, 2014, 06:36:30 PM
Actually I do believe in Aliens but if they really exist than there is two possibility
1) they are highly developed race and so as Hollywood shows in the movies they are going to capture the Earth
2) they are underdeveloped race and don't know anything about us - so we should develop our equipment to go to their planet.
1) I think a highly developed race would know that war is pointless unless absolutley necessary (maybe not even then - there may be better solutions). Think about how old and large the universe is, what if they are 500 million years ahead of us? That's a lot of time to find a way to create a death beam (for instance) that would end our puny existence. Or find materials and ways to teleport it so they simply could isolate our galaxy from the rest of the universe.
I do believe you are joking though.
Activity: 602
February 22, 2014, 05:29:33 PM
Actually I do believe in Aliens but if they really exist than there is two possibility
1) they are highly developed race and so as Hollywood shows in the movies they are going to capture the Earth
2) they are underdeveloped race and don't know anything about us - so we should develop our equipment to go to their planet.

That's obvious that they are either undevloped or highly developed but they could be like us pretty much the same and speculating.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
February 22, 2014, 04:05:22 PM
February 22, 2014, 03:42:25 PM
I believe that other 'intelligent' life exists somewhere other than Earth, but I dunno if it would be a pleasant experience to be visited by 'aliens', pretty damn sure that it wouldn't end too well for us.
What makes you think they are hostile or are even a solid.
Activity: 21
February 22, 2014, 03:29:04 PM
Yes, sure, im one of them.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
February 22, 2014, 03:21:58 PM
February 22, 2014, 03:03:57 PM
I do believe in aliens, but then again, I don't. Let me explain.

To believe in aliens, you have to believe that there is at least one other planet capable of fostering intelligent life. I don't dismiss this possibility, so to that extent, I believe in aliens.

As for why I don't, it is a matter of time. Earth is a little over 4.5 BILLION years old. Homo Sapiens have only been around for about 200,000 years. We've only achieved behavioral modernity 50,000 years ago. We've only developed radio communication within the last 130 years. We left the planet about 5 decades ago. We have yet to get a human on another planet. 4.5 billion years and the most advanced species on this planet has never set foot on another planet. I don't know what the future holds but if the human species is in any kind of decline, our window of opportunity is closing real fast.

For all the planets that are in the habitable zones of their respective stars, it is possible that some of these will eventually create life. However, if the timeline of that occurrence is similar to the timeline here on Earth, then each one of those planets, ours included, will only see intelligent life capable of space travel for just a blink of time in a span of billions of years. I don't think intelligent life is created at the same speed or that the planets themselves were created at the same time.

So for us to see aliens or them to see us, our planets have to have their opportunities for intelligent life capable of interstellar communication or travel to exist at the same time. I don't see that being possible. Mars may very well get intelligent life someday through no influence from us. Will it happen during the period of our existence? I doubt it.

This arugment has been answered many times by famous mathicians maybe you should rethink what you said and try to find the flaws in the logic.
Activity: 54
February 22, 2014, 02:55:03 PM
I don't believe in Aliens

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_UFOs

I like conspiracy theory  Grin
Wow! This is some weird shit :DD
Aliens are up there for sure Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: