Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you believe in Aliens? - page 4. (Read 6207 times)

Activity: 214
Merit: 105
Don't Be Stupid
February 22, 2014, 02:52:08 PM
I don't believe in Aliens

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_UFOs

I like conspiracy theory  Grin
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 22, 2014, 07:28:16 AM
I do believe in aliens, but then again, I don't. Let me explain.

To believe in aliens, you have to believe that there is at least one other planet capable of fostering intelligent life. I don't dismiss this possibility, so to that extent, I believe in aliens.

As for why I don't, it is a matter of time. Earth is a little over 4.5 BILLION years old. Homo Sapiens have only been around for about 200,000 years. We've only achieved behavioral modernity 50,000 years ago. We've only developed radio communication within the last 130 years. We left the planet about 5 decades ago. We have yet to get a human on another planet. 4.5 billion years and the most advanced species on this planet has never set foot on another planet. I don't know what the future holds but if the human species is in any kind of decline, our window of opportunity is closing real fast.

For all the planets that are in the habitable zones of their respective stars, it is possible that some of these will eventually create life. However, if the timeline of that occurrence is similar to the timeline here on Earth, then each one of those planets, ours included, will only see intelligent life capable of space travel for just a blink of time in a span of billions of years. I don't think intelligent life is created at the same speed or that the planets themselves were created at the same time.

So for us to see aliens or them to see us, our planets have to have their opportunities for intelligent life capable of interstellar communication or travel to exist at the same time. I don't see that being possible. Mars may very well get intelligent life someday through no influence from us. Will it happen during the period of our existence? I doubt it.
good analysis
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
February 22, 2014, 02:53:01 AM
I do believe in aliens, but then again, I don't. Let me explain.

To believe in aliens, you have to believe that there is at least one other planet capable of fostering intelligent life. I don't dismiss this possibility, so to that extent, I believe in aliens.

As for why I don't, it is a matter of time. Earth is a little over 4.5 BILLION years old. Homo Sapiens have only been around for about 200,000 years. We've only achieved behavioral modernity 50,000 years ago. We've only developed radio communication within the last 130 years. We left the planet about 5 decades ago. We have yet to get a human on another planet. 4.5 billion years and the most advanced species on this planet has never set foot on another planet. I don't know what the future holds but if the human species is in any kind of decline, our window of opportunity is closing real fast.

For all the planets that are in the habitable zones of their respective stars, it is possible that some of these will eventually create life. However, if the timeline of that occurrence is similar to the timeline here on Earth, then each one of those planets, ours included, will only see intelligent life capable of space travel for just a blink of time in a span of billions of years. I don't think intelligent life is created at the same speed or that the planets themselves were created at the same time.

So for us to see aliens or them to see us, our planets have to have their opportunities for intelligent life capable of interstellar communication or travel to exist at the same time. I don't see that being possible. Mars may very well get intelligent life someday through no influence from us. Will it happen during the period of our existence? I doubt it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
February 21, 2014, 10:34:00 PM
Unless we are cells in a bigger body (the universe being the body) it's pretty retarded not to believe in aliens considering how large the universe is.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 21, 2014, 07:35:43 PM
Yes. Who do you think invented Bitcoin. I mean it out of this world for sure, all will agree on this.  Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
February 21, 2014, 03:14:22 PM
I have seen an Alien..... in my dream  Grin Grin Grin
I feel like i'm dreaming this very moment.. and commenting on this forum ..! i'll check back tomorrow to know if this really happened..!
February 21, 2014, 02:33:23 PM
I have seen an Alien..... in my dream  Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
February 21, 2014, 01:06:08 PM
Yes, and they are just beside us..
and among us.
February 21, 2014, 12:32:19 PM
I don't believe in Aliens......lol  Grin
Activity: 366
February 21, 2014, 11:20:57 AM
Yes, and they are just beside us..
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 21, 2014, 11:09:13 AM
I certainly do believe in extraterrestial life in our universe,
but not shit like people spotting UFOs on earth etc.
Science should not be confused with History Channel's
"Ancient aliens" and "UFO hunters" for sure.

Edit cause noob typo
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
February 21, 2014, 11:03:15 AM
I believe in alien lifeforms on a microscopic level, not the made up creatures Hollywood has come up with.
legendary
Terminated.
February 21, 2014, 11:01:44 AM
I'll believe it when I see it
If you see me, then you will believe.
Activity: 21
February 21, 2014, 04:31:44 AM
I'll believe it when I see it
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
February 21, 2014, 12:29:54 AM
I believe that there must be life in the space. But I not so much believe in smart races  with outstanding technology and ability to contact us...
legendary
Terminated.
February 20, 2014, 07:26:54 PM
Do you believe in Aliens? The question is wrong. You're essentially comparing belief in God with belief in Aliens.
Do you think that Aliens exist? That would be a better question.
Yes, I do. We are alien too.
February 20, 2014, 07:22:46 PM
Quite funny to learn that almost 80% of the users believe in aliens..... lol. I like aliens... especially in Hollywood movies.
Activity: 42
February 06, 2014, 09:58:09 PM
i believe there are aliens and also once on lsd i seen a lot of stuff in the sky and i believe that it means theres life outtheer an dother aliens an what not
Activity: 280
February 06, 2014, 08:14:56 PM
Back in many moon ago. If you lived on a small island, and boat wasn't invented yet. Your world will only be the small island and as far as you can swim.

Once we invented the boat and travel to another islands. Some island will have people, so don't.

I think we are living in a small island (Planet) right now. We will bump into a planet which have live.
Activity: 861
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
February 06, 2014, 02:09:51 PM
As a scientist I find it fascinating that so many people are certain of the existence of space aliens.  There is no real evidence to support this position yet we see that a majority of people here still believe. At the same time many well founded, even proven, theories are dismissed because of a "belief" they are not true.

I'm curious as to why. Why would someone believe in say aliens, when there is no science behind it? On what is this belief based?  

We don't have evidence as of now, But there is very high probability that they exist. We are still a very young civilization that still don't have any proper technology to determine if its true or not.
Pages:
Jump to: