Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you believe John McAfee is right about Bitcoin hitting $500,000 in 3 years? - page 6. (Read 1090 times)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
In two years, the reward for the block will again be reduced by half. To keep profits at the same level, miners need to have a BTC's price twice as much. Either significantly reduce the complexity, so that energy costs will be reduced (unlikely). Much higher prices are speculative and will not last long.
The price of bitcoin is not determined whether the miners are profiting or not but with the investments coming into it, if there is no solid investment coming up the price wont go up, when the reward reduces the amount of coins in circulation also reduces which increases the price naturally and that is what i am expecting but i really do not care what McAfee predicts. Tongue
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
So here, what we really want to understand is the probability of bitcoin reaching $500,000. The market cap will have to be $8 trillion dollar for bitcoin to hit that landmark. So do you think there is  a little probability for that??? Wink

Although John McAfee is just an ordinary speculator, I really hope to see that the price of bitcoin will be more higher than $500,000 in the next years.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
So here, what we really want to understand is the probability of bitcoin reaching $500,000. The market cap will have to be $8 trillion dollar for bitcoin to hit that landmark. So do you think there is  a little probability for that??? Wink

I'm a bitcoin believer but the 500,000 usd price in 3 years  prediction are very impossible i do not believe on that price hitting by bitcoin in the short time from 7plus usd currently value upto 500,000k usd let analyst the distance of price gap. i'm not a negative thinking but i telling my true feeling about that prediction but happy to if that price reach in 3 years.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2585
Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
I dont believe John McAfee, he is always have new lies but i'm sure it will be 500.000. Crypto world should win this war for better future.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0

I think that of course not, it's impossible. To do this, the number of coins should be very much reduced, or the coin should replace the Fiat. What will never happen. McAfee is a popular media personality and a great crypto enthusiast, he advertises any coins and there is nothing surprising in such statements.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
John McAfee is crypto freak and troll but who knows may be he shot in to the dark and hit the bull`s eye!  Grin Hope so!
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
In two years, the reward for the block will again be reduced by half. To keep profits at the same level, miners need to have a BTC's price twice as much. Either significantly reduce the complexity, so that energy costs will be reduced (unlikely). Much higher prices are speculative and will not last long.

A lot of people have forgotten about the halving which usually has a positive affect on the price. However, it is 2 years away and investors are inpatient - they want rewards now! Still good to keep accumulating during this low period for that particular event
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
No it is not going to happen, there is nothing wrong with being bullish in your predictions about bitcoin but that to me is not being bullish but being delusional, I think there is a decent chance that bitcoin reaches 50k by the end of 2020 or at least it will recover the price we saw of 20k but to think it can reach 500k in just 3 years is something that seems impossible to me.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
i dont really see it being worth this much anything is possible, but weve def taken a big step back compared to last year, once we shake out some of these bad projects, i think we will see growth across the board again.
Activity: 581
Merit: 108
We are getting so many predictions such that no one is taking these guys seriously of where bitcoin is going

and the probability of Bitcoin hitting $500,000 in 3 years is very low because volatility is still high unless this drops and institutional investors actively invest in crypto raising the market cap and btc price simultaneously
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs
Activity: 588
Merit: 252
Anything is possible, for it to hit half of a million, the price forecast is not feasible, for Bitcoin to worth that much in 3 years, the price should be over $100k now, the price is still around $7500 now, if one uses time series analysis to do the price prediction putting the next halving into consideration I don't see Bitcoin getting to that price so soon
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
He is not entirely false.Irrrespect with fluctuation of bitcoin price,their are some chance for bitcoin to reach 500,000$.If you don't depend on a bitcoin,hold your bitcoin till the price of bitcoin reaches maximum.Even the price of bitcoin cross 500,000$,before the desired months.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 252
Keep it Simple guys :)
i'm so happy if bitcoin price will hit about 500k
but, i don't believe it,, and the reasonable price for bitcoin in my opinion in three years is still below 200K USD
regards
Activity: 448

Although I think bitcoin has a great potential to reach incredible values in the future, I think $500,000 is an extremely high prediction for the next few years.

What is good about this is that McAfee really believe about the power of Bitcoin. This is a sign that crypto will dominate in the future due to so many millionaires are now supporting crypto. It is being said that in the world of crypto everything can be possible so this is why so many of us predicting its value 10x for the next 3 years.

In my opinion, it might take more than 3 years. I hope the number of the supporters of bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies rise in the future.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 604
That McAfee prediction was a publicity stunt and a means to gain media coverage for all his promotions.

He's a genius at marketing himself.

As for the 500K prediction, the world will be in serious fcuking trouble if it ever reaches that price and by then you'd be more interested in holding guns,

ammo, food amongst others.

Kiss Kiss
Activity: 630
Merit: 172
I do think bitcoin will eventually reach his price prediction but it may take longer then originally predicted.  I know McAfee get sa lot of hate but his passion has really helped the crypto community.
Activity: 539
Merit: 20
I do not agree with this idea. it will never succeed. nobody not gives $ 500,000 to a bitcoin
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Don't believe such mess speculation without even a solid proof, reaching $50,000 it would be the ideal target for this coming year, unlike platinum or a thing they can not put Bitcoin into actual auction it can reach that price in three years.
Activity: 308
John McAfee very loud personality, and he largely thanks to such statements became famous, for this I do not believe in his words. I think the price does not jump 100k.
Pages:
Jump to: