Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you believe John McAfee is right about Bitcoin hitting $500,000 in 3 years? - page 9. (Read 1090 times)

Activity: 311
Merit: 10
I hope so. I think it's more than possible nowadays capitalization of whole cryptocurrency so small in compare with other currency and business so  when big money come to crypto  bitcoin can reach the moon.
Activity: 1491
Merit: 320
🐪
Definitely not, that is way too high. John McAfee is just the leader of a pump and dump group who is paid to pump coins - even crap shitcoins. It will be around $100,000 and sit there for a while. It is hard to justify paying half a million for a bitcoin when there are so many alternative coins flooding the market.

I also don't like that he just gives his predictions without any explanations. I once bought REDD coin based on his recommandations and lost money on it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
That would be end of the banks and they are capable of prevent it happening
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh
I hope so. I really do not want to watch him eat his own dick on national TV.
Yuck!
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
Definitely not, that is way too high. John McAfee is just the leader of a pump and dump group who is paid to pump coins - even crap shitcoins. It will be around $100,000 and sit there for a while. It is hard to justify paying half a million for a bitcoin when there are so many alternative coins flooding the market.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
three years is quite a long time to wait for changes in the price of the coins. for bitcoin it reaches that price possibilities still exist but I think is very small. speculating is okay but must need strong analytical basis.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
I believe $500,000 / BTC in 3 years was John McAfee's Original speculation, but he has since updated it to $1,000,000 / BTC in 3 years which I believe to be entirely possible.

The entire crypto market is deep in the trough right now but by the end of 2018 it will have vastly increased since the start of this year, and will continue to do so for the next few coming years in my opinion. I believe strongly in the future of crypto, so I may be biased but I definitely see Bitcoin in the $500,000 to $1,000,000 range in 3 years time.
Activity: 406
John Mcafee is only a human being. And noone know what will be the value of bitcoin in the future. And $500,000 is too high. Bitcoin will not hit that mark.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
I don't think so. My opinion is if it still will be alive then price will be around 100k maximum.
Activity: 266
Merit: 60
I don't think so, like some one else said, an 8 trillion cap is crazy high, but in saying this I wouldn't compare it to world GDP, an 8 trillion cap doesn't mean 8 trillion has been put in, a better way to look at it is to compare to total stock market cap value, all stock exchanges on the planet have a total cap of around 70 trillion, so BTC would have to make up over 10% in value of this alone, I really can't see this happening, even past 3 years.

The difference in stocks vs crypto though is a stock has a minimum buy price, you can only buy a minimum of 1 stock, with bitcoin if you have a lot of fractional buys this can shift the buy/sell walls up in value without the combined value equalling one bitcoin, so bitcoin can grow in cap easier than a stock in my eyes, this also makes it more prone to being a huge bubble and also more prone to huge dips when people sell off, it's part of why crypto is quite volatile.

Just picture when you see small fractional purchases on your altcoins driving up the buy price, in stocks this would have to be 1 whole stock to do the same.

So anything is possible, I just think the psychological shift we will see when BTC has a cap over the largest companies on the planet, the bubble talk will be at an ATH too, meaning the view of risk will go up with it.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
So here, what we really want to understand is the probability of bitcoin reaching $500,000. The market cap will have to be $8 trillion dollar for bitcoin to hit that landmark. So do you think there is  a little probability for that??? Wink

since bitcoin price up From $900 to $20,000 (i mean almost)
i dont know must believe or not about people prediction.
if he predict btc up to 500k usd , its fine .
i will take that.
more people in the world now predict about btc price.
just choose what you want to choose and follow , or u can ignore all of them.
Merit: 110
Just saw a recent Mcafee's interview with a reporter on youtube and there he is defending his $1m bitcoin bet saying he never loses a bet. Also said that $1m is a conservative bet just to be safe and bitcoin could be higher than that.  Take all this with a grain of salt and hodl.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
No way in the world a bitcoin can be worth half of a million dollars, McAfee is known for being super hyperbolic
Activity: 659
Merit: 250
So here, what we really want to understand is the probability of bitcoin reaching $500,000. The market cap will have to be $8 trillion dollar for bitcoin to hit that landmark. So do you think there is  a little probability for that??? Wink
Its not a little probability by doing maths and estimate the possible growth by years anyone can make a good speculation but the majority of it can be hit or be over because bitcoins ATH is always surprising how much is the real price when it goes up. The conclusion is speculation can be reach that or not we don't know it in the future.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
COINECT
He runs several ICO projects as an advisor and all the projects he runs are very successful.
His company is a well-known company so trust becomes capital for the success of his project. I think it's very realistic.
No, he is influential and shamelessly using social media to advertise those ICO to success.
For him to say that "Bitcoin will hit $500k" spells a possible new Pump attempt to Bitcoin, this is too unrealistic but, a price surge might be possible after a month.
As soon as we see another $13,000+ BTC price, expect the small fishes to follow that buy signal. And boom, a Pump.

Seriously, a $500,000 BTC even after 5 years is theoretically impossible.
I am not too sure he has any influence over Bitcoin price fluctuations. but he knows this opportunity and he uses it well. the company will continue to adapt the current technological developments.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
Personally, I think it's going to be $50,000 in the next few years, but $500,000 seems too difficult to achieve.

If China and the United States recognize bitcoin. A $500,000 bitcoin is still possible.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
He runs several ICO projects as an advisor and all the projects he runs are very successful.
His company is a well-known company so trust becomes capital for the success of his project. I think it's very realistic.
No, he is influential and shamelessly using social media to advertise those ICO to success.
For him to say that "Bitcoin will hit $500k" spells a possible new Pump attempt to Bitcoin, this is too unrealistic but, a price surge might be possible after a month.
As soon as we see another $13,000+ BTC price, expect the small fishes to follow that buy signal. And boom, a Pump.

Seriously, a $500,000 BTC even after 5 years is theoretically impossible.
Activity: 183
I believe bitcoin has more room to grow. What John McAfee predicted is quite possible. Remember bitcoin worth less than a dollar before and now its already 10k that huge price leap seems impossible for some but nothing is impossible in crypto. If bitcoin will hit atleast 50k this year then more likely the possibility to hit $500k in 3 years is much more achievable.
Merit: 110
It is possible. Crypto analyst, Clif High has forecasted bitcoin going over $1 million over long-term but no exact timeframe like Mcafee.
Activity: 700
Merit: 136
Actually, he updated his bitcoin price forecast to $1 million by end of 2020 a few months ago in a tweet!
 There are  some others who have bitcoin going to $500K - $1 million  over next 5-10 years as well.
Time will tell!
Pages:
Jump to: