Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you really earn more money because you went to college? - page 17. (Read 13046 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 511
Probably, but I hope bitcoin will reach a unbelievable high price.
And then I will earn more money then someone that went to collage!
But still people that got a diploma and that are not making 100k> a year.
I feel sorry for them because all there lives they will have to work for there house, and everything else.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Yea ppl,really stop makin the impossible to quit school. There are many ways to make money but is always roguish оf course but anyway. Just be on the principle to study what you like and everybody will be happy   in perpetuity.

many people get rich without degree. Some examples:

http://oddtale.com/top-7-rich-people-without-college-degree/

Others made great contributions to their fields without degree(ex: Faraday)

al rogue people, of course
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw
I attended college since i was somehow forced to do it, it was expected from me to do it and i did it. I think if i had free will i wouldn't attend, but now i'm happy i did. Somehow i see stuff different and i like the fact that i can get better job, but i'm still jobless Wink
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Yeah, that kind of thinking is incredibly biased and saying someone not wanting to get a degree is just trying to get out of studying is pretty insulting to people who study independently and in fact learn more and better that way.
Who said that I wasn't trying to insult such people?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Yeah, that kind of thinking is incredibly biased and saying someone not wanting to get a degree is just trying to get out of studying is pretty insulting to people who study independently and in fact learn more and better that way.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Do you? The question is rather funny.
Go to college --> become neurosurgeon (I highly doubt that you could achieve this without college) --> http://www.healthcareworkersalary.com/physicians/neurosurgeon-salary/?doing_wp_cron=1404423480.4343879222869873046875

Stop trying to find a way to get out of studying.
 Wink

Now show the study that compares the efford and costs to become neurosurgeon invested in others fields
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Do you? The question is rather funny.
Go to college --> become neurosurgeon (I highly doubt that you could achieve this without college) --> http://www.healthcareworkersalary.com/physicians/neurosurgeon-salary/?doing_wp_cron=1404423480.4343879222869873046875

Stop trying to find a way to get out of studying.
 Wink
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
I can't say exactly if thats gonna help me or not because I still have to finish my college maybe a year more. and at this point I can say its not the worst decision I ever took , although there were not much options available, and with the amount of competition around it always help if you are holding something in your hand. although thousands other carrying the same thing but atleast now you'll get a chance to compete with them.   
legendary
Activity: 1540
People that go to college are in average brighter, harder working, more ambitious and for more affluante families and they are meant to make more money (as a group) than people that don't go to college

I chose to stay unemployed and and not work to get into university/college so I could build my business from essentially nothing and getting educated in two subjects, technically three, Jewellery Making, Gemstone Setting and Artwork all for the price of what would be considered a university degree essentially, I sincerely doubt I would be able to get the kind of one to one education I am getting now where I am than if I went to university and took one of the same subjects.

I'd like to see a link to this Federal Reserve 'study' looks to me like more of the same kind of bullshit mathematics and research I am used to when looking at politics which is all this is about.

p.s. You guys may have noticed my thread hasn't been updating awhile and that's because I'm working hard on getting projects finished and I'm learning new Jewellery techniques, I also got some awesome Topaz's in from Thailand just recently so I'll be setting my first faceted stones! Cheesy

p.s.s Up yours any university professors who work in the Artwork/Jewellery fields if you happen to be reading this

True. But what option am I really left with? Risk it with a high school diploma plus maybe some vocational training/certificates? It sucks how the current system has developed into, but I really have no choice if I want to be making a high salary with a secure job (80k+).

Honestly, if we were in the past economy I would have agreed with you, but Bitcoin for me at least has changed everything, all you need to set up most businesses now is a Bitcoin Payment processor, a website and a skillset or service you can use that people will want to buy and that's the way it should be. I just recently had a look at the jobs listing and the situation is still pretty ridiculous since so many employers are asking for industry experience and university degrees it's no wonder you don't have anyone young getting employed, it's the employers fault not the people applying!
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I'm going to a University, and I already know most of the time that diploma means SHIT. Some people aren't even going to go in the field they studied for, or, they're looking for jobs in the wrong places. Going to college means shit. It doesn't guarantee a good path, meaning, some people won't earn more money.

True. But what option am I really left with? Risk it with a high school diploma plus maybe some vocational training/certificates? It sucks how the current system has developed into, but I really have no choice if I want to be making a high salary with a secure job (80k+).
Activity: 784
Unfortunately nowadays the Diploma does very little.  It is more about experience gained and who you know.  All you are left with is tons of debt that will take you 1/4 of your life to pay back....Things need to change.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I'm going to a University, and I already know most of the time that diploma means SHIT. Some people aren't even going to go in the field they studied for, or, they're looking for jobs in the wrong places. Going to college means shit. It doesn't guarantee a good path, meaning, some people won't earn more money.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
People that go to college are in average brighter, harder working, more ambitious and for more affluante families and they are meant to make more money (as a group) than people that don't go to college

If you factor in the cost of going to college will you really make more money because of the diploma you will get?

Support : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbUFBk3477o (few minutes video debating the subject)
Pages:
Jump to: