Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you spend less bitcoin/alts now? - page 4. (Read 639 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
June 17, 2018, 10:51:48 AM
I hold bitcoin and I was thinking if it was going up I would spend some, just a little bit, as a way to cash in my profits. But with the current market I just hold, I don’t want to spend my coins at such a cheap price because it will feel like a loss to me.

Do you feel the same way? What are your thoughts?

It is a good idea that you hold your bitcoin until its price increase again because if not it will be a big loss for you. It is also good that you can control yourself from spending your bitcoin in a cheap price. Always have a patience to hold your bitcoin for you to have a huge profit if the price of it starts to increase.
copper member
Activity: 79
Merit: 1
June 17, 2018, 06:26:28 AM
Of course I spend my bitcoins. There are some online services which I buy only with bitcoins because the seller allows only in that option.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
June 17, 2018, 05:54:00 AM
i'm not spending too much my bitcoin and my altcoin now because sold my bitcoin at cheap price actually is not my options but sometimes i want to cashout small amount of bitcoin to buy my daily needs and still keep the rest because i do believe in this year the price of bitcoin and altcoin will recover again
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
Earn crypto for being contacted
June 17, 2018, 04:29:30 AM
Yes i just spend less bitcoin at the moment, even initially i will not sell bitcoin and altcoin at all, but the high requirement that force me to sell it a bit even though i know that bitcoin price is currently decreasing, moreover yesterday i desperately need paper money for month Ramadan and Idul Fitri.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
June 17, 2018, 04:14:23 AM
I'm severely limiting all my expenses, because if I'm going to spend coins now, in a few years I would think how the things I have purchased effectively cost me 5-10 times more now.

That's understandable, but doesn't have to be a problem. In case you are spending 0.05BTC for example, you have to make sure you buy that amount back directly.

It directly translates into a situation where you will no longer regret having spent coins, and the effect of payment gateways dumping their coins on the market will be nullified. It basically means that you contribute to a circle that combats the market to suffer from an excess of payment dumps. In other words, there is absolutely no need to limit yourself when you can perfectly keep spending your coins.

I understand that in some cases it's not as easy to buy back your coins, but overall the amounts that people spend are on the lower side, which makes it easier to buy it back.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
June 17, 2018, 03:19:07 AM
I hold bitcoin and I was thinking if it was going up I would spend some, just a little bit, as a way to cash in my profits. But with the current market I just hold, I don’t want to spend my coins at such a cheap price because it will feel like a loss to me.

Buying alts now is really a good strategy that we can do to make us profitable than buying bitcoin because investing in bitcoin today is very risky and people already lost their money due to continuous falling of the crypto market.    
A pretty good strategy for those who are smart enough to always take the opportunity. So many people rather than using the opportunity to stash up now are busy complaining on how the market is so down and then when the market starts rising hugely, they simply join FOMO instead and then start complaining all over again when the market starts dropping.

Who would be doing the same thing and expecting different result and instead of them considering the opposite, they just get stuck with what they foolishly know how to do best. All those people who are believing into the brighter future of bitcoins, will not spend any bitcoins right now even bitcoin is trading below half of its all time peak price levels.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
June 16, 2018, 01:03:28 AM

Buying alts now is really a good strategy that we can do to make us profitable than buying bitcoin because investing in bitcoin today is very risky and people already lost their money due to continuous falling of the crypto market.    

I think I've experienced this with the purchase I made when Bitcoin was $ 600, which is 10 times smaller than it is now. Not too far away to think that in the next decade it will be 10 times higher than it is now.
I've spent some time when the price is close to ATH because I think "well, now is the right time to do it, I still have a lot of coins left," but right now I'm severely limiting all my expenses, because if I'm going to spend coins now, in a few years I would think how the things I have purchased effectively cost me 5-10 times more now.
Activity: 210
June 16, 2018, 12:18:26 AM
I really spend less with bitcoin now but higher in altcoins because if its volatility. And i am trying other coins cause i know this coins has future like bitcoin.
Activity: 261
Merit: 10
June 16, 2018, 12:05:17 AM
Same with you . As much as i can hold my coins , i will . I dont want to sell my coins in a less or cheap price specially when i didnt need it . But offcourse if i emergency need cash i will sell it . In short if its not needed i will hold it until the price up or increased .
Activity: 434
Merit: 13
June 15, 2018, 04:00:43 PM

yes i feel what you feel. if current sales are severely disadvantaged. maybe this time to collect as many coins as possible. and in the future it would be nice to sell it. and can sell it if the market price goes up.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
June 15, 2018, 03:44:24 PM
I try to hold as long as I can. For now that the market is red, i TRY to buy but not buy a lot as my investments are all in bitcoin. Really hoping that we can experience the same pump as last year of December 2017. But come to think of it, red market just means to buy more.
actually we can sell, but for people who panic only. because the price decreases automatically we get a loss rather than a big profit. the red price is also very worrying for the bitcoiners.
Selling bitcoin right now will surely decrease the price of bitcoin in the market so it is time to hold for us not to sell, those who sell will call panic sellers which is not good sign for all bitcoin users, a rotten fish spoils the whole lake so I think it is not good sell bitcoin now price is not sold worthy but it holding time, I am sure spending bitcoin stop being done as we want high price for our better future now.
Activity: 420
Merit: 19
June 15, 2018, 02:19:48 PM

Yah. I have not even changed bitcoin or altcoin into my local currency for any of my expenses. I am holding it patiently and trying to gather as many altcoins as i can with the cheap price support. I am sure this would yield me a good profit down the line in December 2018.
Activity: 365
Merit: 108
June 15, 2018, 02:16:50 PM
Yes you are right. This situation is completely smilliar like my situation, the same thing happened with me. When the price go down i generally spend very less btc and if possible then can't spend any one of them.But at that time i hold ghe btc and if that time i need money then i took it from my any one friend and i will return his money after the bitcoin pricw will go up.but in some critical condition i sell my btc into deep.i recommend you to never sell it in deep, only hold it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
June 15, 2018, 01:43:32 PM
Yes i am now moving to alts and my major interest in the new coins and the market is moving for a good future now many investors are looking for these crypto and it is profitable investments.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
June 15, 2018, 01:41:18 PM
Actually, I am in need of money. Therefore, I do not care whether the price is low or not. Sometimes, you need to ignore something in order to lighten up something more important. But unfortunately, I would have wanted to hold all of my coins because I do believe that if I do, i will gain a big profit. It is a matter of patience if you ask me. But for now, I cannot manage to do so with these circumstances. So yes, I hold 20% and spend 80%.
Activity: 70
June 15, 2018, 01:31:14 PM
Those who have spent their BTCs do not care about prices and those who try to avoid using their bitcoin are not good. If most Bitcoin users decide not to spend their BTC, then almost no one is interested in receiving Bitcoin as payment. There will be people who want to sell bitcoin (miners, investors) but it does not matter if there is no liquidity. Gold and silver are very popular in m state
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
June 15, 2018, 01:15:16 PM
yes i prefer to buy altcoin rather than bitcoin because when i have altcoin very much and altcoin it has a very good product and very useful then i can have the potential to go up and can get very much profit.
Well as of now I keep holding my few btc for future good exchange. Also I do purchase altcoins for some of my investment. In due time I willmonitor the price of bitcoin and eventually exchange it if I really need the cah right away.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
June 15, 2018, 12:05:40 PM
Yup dude, I feel the same way also but in my case we're different. Though I want to remain hodling, I still cannot because I need to fulfill my daily necessities. I'm now on my OJT and I'm not yet getting support coming from my companions so I have to cash out some of my money every time I needed. I know that this is not the proper time for dumping but I don't have any choice. Well, it's alright (despite the losses I get) as long as my money will go to things that are good and has a purpose.

Activity: 924
Merit: 500
June 15, 2018, 11:55:43 AM
yes i prefer to buy altcoin rather than bitcoin because when i have altcoin very much and altcoin it has a very good product and very useful then i can have the potential to go up and can get very much profit.
Activity: 630
Merit: 130
June 15, 2018, 11:48:25 AM
At the current situation, it is hard to spend cryptocurrencies, either bitcoins or alts. We were too confident before that our earned cryptos are high and then the sudden drop happened. It is quite regretful not selling before the drop below 15k USD happened.
Well, if people are really in need to spend their coins, then of course it is their decision but I think it is hard to get cryptos the next time they will be wanting to. Not unless they sell now and buy when it drops less than 5k USD. That would be less stressful I guess.
For sure those who can still spend some money in their pockets will definitely hold until it rise again.

Honestly, I haven't sold any coins for a month now.
Pages:
Jump to: