Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you spend less bitcoin/alts now? - page 7. (Read 639 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
June 14, 2018, 08:07:33 AM
I'm using Bitcoin more than ever to transact, especially with how the circle I do business with has opened itself up for Bitcoin. Admittedly, the coins are mostly converted to fiat through Coinbase later on, but that's not my problem since people are free to do what they want. I am already happy to see more acceptance taking place, where if the price becomes a bit more stable in the forthcoming years, people won't directly have to convert their coins anymore.

The main reason for me to spend more in recent times is that it allows me to legally avoid paying tax over my virtual gains. The significant increase in value also means a significant increase in due taxes, which is what I try to avoid as much as possible.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
June 14, 2018, 08:00:07 AM
I hold bitcoin and I was thinking if it was going up I would spend some, just a little bit, as a way to cash in my profits. But with the current market I just hold, I don’t want to spend my coins at such a cheap price because it will feel like a loss to me.

Do you feel the same way? What are your thoughts?

Yes mate we felt the same, I've watching bitcoin value's growth if it is okat now so that I can convert a little of my bitcoin or satoshi because I have to buy something important, it may hurt my heart a little bit but I have no choice because the price was so low.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
June 14, 2018, 07:53:59 AM
I agree. Due to that very long bearish market, everyhing is very very undervalued now. I dont want to cash out now because i know that if i hold a while i can sell them for higher prices.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 14, 2018, 07:52:05 AM
I spend plenty still. By this point I have more value in crypto than my local currency despite the price falls. As long as whatever I want or need is a minor amount of what I have then I'll go for it. I wouldn't spend it on tat though, just stuff that makes my life better.

There's no point in holding off a couple of years if your life needs improving now. There'll always be regrets about spending if you choose to allow yourself to regret it.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
June 14, 2018, 07:37:10 AM
I hold bitcoin and I was thinking if it was going up I would spend some, just a little bit, as a way to cash in my profits. But with the current market I just hold, I don’t want to spend my coins at such a cheap price because it will feel like a loss to me.

I am just spending less of my bitcoins and altcoins though I need much of it right now. I don't want to have big losses by selling this time so I am doing everything just to hodl and have more patience. There are times that I am so tempted tk sell some of it but I might loss bigger if I'll do it so I prefer to wait a little longer.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
June 14, 2018, 07:08:46 AM
Yes you are correct if you sell now its a great loss to you. Because the price of bitcoin and other altcoins are very low now. We can use this time to buy more bitcoins and altcoins not to sell. This is not the right time to sell just hold the coin with patience.  Sure the market will recover, if you want you can divide your funds and invest in half of on bitcoin and half of on altcoin. This will be able to manage the loss. Hope the market will recover soon.
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
June 14, 2018, 06:44:22 AM

I don't want to spend either any of my altcoins or bitcoin because I don't want to regret about spending it when the market recovers again. The market is currently in red so we must just hodl our coins because selling or spending these days would just result to big losses.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 261
★ Investor | Trader | Promoter
June 14, 2018, 06:23:11 AM

Yah, i dont want to spend the crypto currencies i have. Either i do not want to cash out or do anything with it. I am looking for more money to invest now into as many altcoins i wish to invest as every coin is in red. The more coins we collect now, more profit we can ensure of when the price goes up. I love to choose coins with price less than $10. This would be best to invest in many good coins.
Activity: 551
Merit: 100
June 14, 2018, 06:04:47 AM
I try to hold as long as I can. For now that the market is red, i TRY to buy but not buy a lot as my investments are all in bitcoin. Really hoping that we can experience the same pump as last year of December 2017. But come to think of it, red market just means to buy more.
actually we can sell, but for people who panic only. because the price decreases automatically we get a loss rather than a big profit. the red price is also very worrying for the bitcoiners.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
June 14, 2018, 05:25:07 AM

I do not want to spend bitcoin. Because I believe that bitcoin will grow in value in the future. Whenever, bitcoin decreases or increases, I always hold it. At times, I only spend bitcoin through a few new altcoin and ETH. If you spend bitcoin at this point, it's really wasted. So holding it is the best way to wait for the outbreak later. The bitcoin value will move faster in the future.
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
June 14, 2018, 05:07:37 AM
I was thinking that those who sold they’re bitcoin and altcoin at this prices maybe too desperate or having no other way of living day by day.. I do understood the veracity of one person financial struggle,, but it doesn’t mean that if they do it in daily basis they’re right.. We can’t blame such action if its for basic needs and survival instinct,, but if it isn’t then they’re pathetic..

Let freedom dictates our future,, but do it beneficial to you not to the whales.. Selling at low price just put money on the whales account..
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
June 14, 2018, 05:04:37 AM
In a current market situation, i rather hodl my bitcoin and altcoins and to add some everytime i got spare money than to cash out some. Market is still in red and spending bitcoin and altcoins is a big loss and also will bring the market to be in the same situation. I maybe not a bigtime investor but being one of those who patiently wait and hold can help the block market a little. So hopefully, others will do the same.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
June 14, 2018, 05:03:49 AM
Many people who have the same mind, bitcoin will have a high price in the next few years or later this year, so they use a long-term investment to overcome it.

Selling bitcoin when the price decreases are the wrong way to do, a small loss will make you an addict to other small losses so you do not realize the number of losses if added.

I guess this always happens to newcomers, they will fell do not matter if they suffer a slight loss.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
June 14, 2018, 04:48:08 AM
I try to hold as long as I can. For now that the market is red, i TRY to buy but not buy a lot as my investments are all in bitcoin. Really hoping that we can experience the same pump as last year of December 2017. But come to think of it, red market just means to buy more.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
June 14, 2018, 04:19:08 AM
We have mutual feeling and I really feel the same. This can be the effect that when you know that bitcoin's price will rise soon but you have to sell and spend it for something that you have to makes you feel that way.

As much as possible we don't want to sell it until we are finally satisfied with the price position of bitcoin. And you know what's happening to me? when I feel that the price is totally at the peak, I'm selling but afterwards the price goes higher so that experience makes me don't want to spend.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
June 14, 2018, 04:12:02 AM
I've already limited my bitcoin spending to emergency puposes only as I wait for another possible price rise in the coming weeks. The best option for now is hodling while waiting for the cryptocurrency uptrend. Selling it this time is not good and this might lead you to further losses. Bitcoin will recover later but it will take time because there are still no positive events to boost its price.
Activity: 125
Merit: 0
June 14, 2018, 04:06:32 AM
For now both I don't spend for I don't have yet bitcoin and altcoins. When time comes that I would have then this season will happen again, I think I will spend altcoins than bitcoin because btc will increase double and multiple profit is possible.
Activity: 210
Merit: 3
June 14, 2018, 03:40:51 AM

Long-term investors will not sell their bitcoins at this time.

We all believe the market will go up again, so don't sell at low prices. If you have spare money now is the best time to buy.
Activity: 490
Merit: 17
June 14, 2018, 03:09:27 AM
Selling your bitcoin now is not advisable and you may regret it in future as the market is showing red signals.  A wise investor will buy now instead of selling and those that can buy when others are selling are ban to make good profits when people become greedy!
Activity: 443
Merit: 110
June 14, 2018, 02:42:55 AM
I feel the same way mate. I also avoid to spend my coins at current price. I used to spend some of my coins when the price was at ath as a way to enjoy my profit. I'm now still in holding position as i'm not in a situation where i have to sell my coins for daily expenses. I believe the bitcoin price will back to its ath someday in the future.
Definitely right.There will come a time that the current price will be 5 or 10 times in the next years or decade.So we should at least save our coins and hold them patiently so we can gain a very big amount of profit when that time comes.If you still have fiat in your pocket,then spend less on your crypto coins.
,absolutely right. at the current state of the market, it is not wise to sell immediately because you lack of patience or you see the bloody market. just like what you said, if you have still cash or fiats in yout pockets better to use it rather than selling your alts and bitcoin in exchange of fiats.
Pages:
Jump to: