Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you spend less bitcoin/alts now? - page 9. (Read 639 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10
June 13, 2018, 06:02:22 PM
I have the same thoughts! Even my wife is telling me to sell something, and I must justify myself telling, that market prices are so bad now that it is bad to cash out!
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
June 13, 2018, 05:54:39 PM
I hold bitcoin and I was thinking if it was going up I would spend some, just a little bit, as a way to cash in my profits. But with the current market I just hold, I don’t want to spend my coins at such a cheap price because it will feel like a loss to me.

Do you feel the same way? What are your thoughts?

Same with you
with the current market conditions, It's better to hold.
the important thing do not panic if the market conditions get worse
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
June 13, 2018, 05:46:55 PM
The current price of bitcoin is not good to spend it for something else, instead im taking this chance to buy additional bitcoin and few altcoins for my holdings. I dont take dip negatively if you've been here in crypto for years now you will understand the flow of the market because its high volatile.

I set a target price for my bitcoin on when to take profit thus I will hold onto it until the right time comes even it takes months or years.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
June 13, 2018, 05:29:58 PM
I hold bitcoin and I was thinking if it was going up I would spend some, just a little bit, as a way to cash in my profits. But with the current market I just hold, I don’t want to spend my coins at such a cheap price because it will feel like a loss to me.

Yes I also feel the same way. It is right that me or any other person if will spend bitcoin then they will get a little amount than the amount which they will get in the future then why not to spend our money in the future and to hold them for now. We have to wait for a little time and we will get a huge profit which not any other investment will give us.
Activity: 644
Merit: 253
June 13, 2018, 05:27:24 PM
I am spending coins regardless of the price because after every purchase in Bitcoin, I make sure I use fiat to buy back the exact same amount in Bitcoin that I spent. That way I never regret spending coins, and it helps keeping this ecosystem active. This is actually the best way to act, and I'm sure more people would do so if they know the importance of replacing spent coins. Yes, it requires you to have fiat in order to buy back, but that's not really a problem for most people here. Solving certain problems only require a simple solution. People tend to make things more difficult for themselves than needed -- it's just a matter of logical thinking.
Good point, you are right, that is why I am also spending more in bitcoin rather than in alts, but if I found out that  there is a good alt then I am exploring it more if it will really a good one or not, by reading thoroughly of the whitepaper and investigating the team behind it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
When Football meets Crypto
June 13, 2018, 05:21:11 PM

You are thinking in a wrong way, investing a huge amount of coins today in the market with cheaper price will make you earn more profit because the market price will still go back to its normal price after a few months of waiting.
Activity: 132
Merit: 12
June 13, 2018, 05:21:02 PM
I spend less bitcoins than usual mostly because the price is a bit low. I don't see any point in spending bitcoins if the price is low because I can save a lot of money if I don't spend them now. It might be a good idea to buy altcoins because they are fairly cheap right now. It's an easy way to earn a lot of money if you wait a few months patiently.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
June 13, 2018, 05:09:01 PM
I am spending coins regardless of the price because after every purchase in Bitcoin, I make sure I use fiat to buy back the exact same amount in Bitcoin that I spent. That way I never regret spending coins, and it helps keeping this ecosystem active. This is actually the best way to act, and I'm sure more people would do so if they know the importance of replacing spent coins. Yes, it requires you to have fiat in order to buy back, but that's not really a problem for most people here. Solving certain problems only require a simple solution. People tend to make things more difficult for themselves than needed -- it's just a matter of logical thinking.
Activity: 364
Merit: 103
June 13, 2018, 05:08:09 PM
if I become you save bitcoin, I will hold in accordance with how many times I bought it, so that will get the benefits in accordance with the target, but if I make a short term investment, I now if I have a bitcoin I will create my own program with a time period I agree on my own, without being affected by the circumstances and the current price, of course if I have bitcoin I will for two short and medium term, while if I have altcoin I will use long-term and incidental with the harapa I sell when the price is really up , may be useful and successful for all of us
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
June 13, 2018, 05:06:30 PM

I do also. I cash out only in cases of necessity, because I see no reason to sell large volumes at this rate
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
June 13, 2018, 05:01:34 PM
For now that the market is getting very red, I am keeping or just holding my coins in my wallet , I have still fiat money to pay those bills , the altcoins in my wallet ,I will see to it that this altcoins will grow more than I expected , I make as my savings and I will spend it when time comes so important.
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
June 13, 2018, 04:44:47 PM

Right now,I'm not spending or using any of my cryptocurrencies for any kind of purchases..Im just making my crypto Life savings in my wallet..

With trading,sometimes I do sell in dips..too risky but  there are times that its really worth it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
June 13, 2018, 04:38:36 PM
I’m just holding my coins right because its a total loss for me if I’m going to spend it at a cheaper price but if I really needed the money I have no choice but to cash out some of my bitcoin. Hold as long as you could because this market will recover, be patient, don’t panic and have a profit in the future.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
June 13, 2018, 04:23:32 PM
I still spend my btc. Sometimes I need to pay for some stuff online and the regular places I use have Bitcoin as a payment option so...why not? but it's just small and cheap stuff so it doesn't actually feel like a loss to me. I also sell some of my btc whenever I need some extra fiat asap. As for alts, I usually don't spend that much, I'd rather use btc.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
June 13, 2018, 04:12:26 PM

I agree that it feels like a loss when you spend coins at such low prices, but it's really not. There's no guarantee that the price will go up again, since only speculation can do that. What does that mean? Unpredictability... Meaning the coins you got could fall in price even more and you would then wish you had spent them right now.

It's for that reason, that I think it's better to spend your coins whenever you feel like you need some stuff. Unless you're really sure it'll go up again soon or if you really don't need the stuff you want to buy.
I'm not saying you should do this, but I do this and it works perfectly for me. I'm sometimes hesitant on which coins I should use to buy stuff, but usually it doesn't really matter all that much.

Just do what you believe in.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
June 13, 2018, 04:06:46 PM
I am holding bitcoin and some alts as much as I could, I really love bitcoin so no matter how much the price right now I will still hold it and we'll wait for the right time to withdraw some of it, and some will withdraw 20 years from now if I want to retire and enjoy my life.
Activity: 238
Merit: 6
June 13, 2018, 03:38:05 PM

I agree, it is now best to keep the capital in BTC. This is explained by the percentage of profits with increasing market capitalization of the сryptocurrency.
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
June 13, 2018, 03:23:52 PM

I was forced to sell some of my altcoin because Idul fitri Eid requirement
and I am very grateful for that Grin
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
June 13, 2018, 03:23:28 PM
Final conversion to the fiat cash we need the bitcoin in hand for sure mate. If you really like to invest on the altcoins as well you need the help of bitcoins for sure bro. So holding the bitcoin will be helpful for everyone and even you that is much safer thing mate.
If you wan to invest on cryptos with using present situation check which dumped more and it should be potential one. That coin will be help you see the more value in coming days.
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
June 13, 2018, 03:21:03 PM
I try not to spend much because whenever the price seems to be low, there are higher amount of bitcoin or altcoins but when the price is lower there is a smaller amount of bitcoin or altcoin to be spend or used for transaction so I see it as a wastage whenever I spend larger amount of bitcoin or satoshi for a smaller price. Therefore, during dumps, I store more than spend.
Pages:
Jump to: