Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you Still believe in Fiat? - page 60. (Read 75146 times)

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
July 22, 2016, 12:56:03 PM
Fiat currency is used in our daily life.We do transaction in fiat in our day to day life,we cannot survive without it.
So weather we believe in it or not we cannot survive via fiat currency.
But still i believe in fiat and its future also i dont think crypto-currecies can ever take its place no matter how popular it become.

I think fiat will always survive in long run as it holds maximum number of users and they are also used it as they are using it since long period of time.

Probably true. As long as you believe in your government you will believe in Fiat aswell. Still long road to go to get your pension paid out in BTCs instead of Fiat.
Getting pension in btc is never possible as government will never allow bitcoin to become a primary currency and not every company will start paying salary in bitcoins.
that's true government will not allowed the system not to be manipulated if bitcoin will stay like this government won't be allowed to do anything with it, so as long as the government is in control i believe fiat or main currency will dominate and we need to support it if we believe to whoever holding the power.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
July 22, 2016, 12:52:57 PM
Fiat currency is used in our daily life.We do transaction in fiat in our day to day life,we cannot survive without it.
But still i believe in fiat and its future also i dont think crypto-currecies can ever take its place no matter how popular it become.

I think fiat will always survive in long run as it holds maximum number of users and they are also used it as they are using it since long period of time.

Probably true. As long as you believe in your government you will believe in Fiat aswell. Still long road to go to get your pension paid out in BTCs instead of Fiat.
Getting pension in btc is never possible as government will never allow bitcoin to become a primary currency and not every company will start paying salary in bitcoins.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
July 22, 2016, 12:47:54 PM

legendary
Activity: 1008
July 22, 2016, 12:12:12 PM

legendary
Activity: 896
July 22, 2016, 12:03:10 PM

it's true that we can't without fiat money the way the entire world economy is shaped. however, i don't believe in fiat as it will only make your wealth be worth less year after year. that's why i am extremely happy that we have bitcoin to use as investment tool and store of wealth. this way we prevent that our wealth is decreasing in value while the amount of fiat that you hold stays the same. people should act now.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 22, 2016, 11:57:35 AM
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 22, 2016, 11:46:43 AM
I do hate fiat money but I still have to use it in my daily life. With all the yearly inflation rates fiat currencies have, mot of the world still use it and trust it

Inflation rates of fiat is almost not changing if you will based it on yearly basis.

I don't see any reason why you hate fiat since when you are born fiat dominates all the money transaction worldwide.

I guess everybody is still using Fiat these days so you can't really speak of hate, maybe more a dislike. Once you get your salary in BTCs and pay all bills in BTCs you could talk about hating Fiat =)

The inflation rate doesn't really show the change in the actual cost of living. In my opinion the inflation numbers are flawed due to the low energy prices.

Well that is really the real score. If all financial transactions can be supported by bitcoin then there's a reason now to hate fiat. But that won't happen.

And inflation is a normal economic thing so treating it as a factor to hate fiat isn't applicable technically.

Yo are right in the coming future all of the systems will be transferred to digital system then it is also required that the currency ill also be in digital and for that people will like bitcoin,but still as the governments like their fiat so they will remain with it.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
July 22, 2016, 11:05:51 AM
I do hate fiat money but I still have to use it in my daily life. With all the yearly inflation rates fiat currencies have, mot of the world still use it and trust it

Inflation rates of fiat is almost not changing if you will based it on yearly basis.

I don't see any reason why you hate fiat since when you are born fiat dominates all the money transaction worldwide.

I guess everybody is still using Fiat these days so you can't really speak of hate, maybe more a dislike. Once you get your salary in BTCs and pay all bills in BTCs you could talk about hating Fiat =)

The inflation rate doesn't really show the change in the actual cost of living. In my opinion the inflation numbers are flawed due to the low energy prices.

Well that is really the real score. If all financial transactions can be supported by bitcoin then there's a reason now to hate fiat. But that won't happen.

And inflation is a normal economic thing so treating it as a factor to hate fiat isn't applicable technically.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
July 22, 2016, 10:53:42 AM

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
July 22, 2016, 10:13:48 AM

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
July 22, 2016, 06:02:57 AM
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
July 22, 2016, 05:58:34 AM
You cant really kill fiat.

You can only limit its crippling printing press by switching over to bitcoin, but you still need it to pay bills since the world operates off fiat.

I dont think we will ever come to that point though since most of us will be either to old or buried by then to see it die.
Yes and I think that fiat will never die, there will be many users who will prefer to use fiat even if everything goes digital and they will be comfortable in using it.

Fiat is used by the governments to rob the citizens, so it will not be given up by the government. But bitcoin wil also be allowed.

That case can't be applied in general. It's just own view on how goverments are dealing with fiat. Also if government will not make some taxes then what is the future of that country?

Fiat and bitcoin plays both important role.

I think both of them have a great future ahead, people who believed in new and innovative technology will prefer to use bitcoin and rest will continue with fiat.
People who wants new things will move forward to use bitcoin while people who still want to remain simple and static will live their lifestlye like what they used to. Maybe the reason of others that stick to fiat is the memories that attached on it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 568
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
July 22, 2016, 05:08:52 AM
Yes. Bitcoin can not replace fiat because fiat made to be use around the so no one crypto currency to replace fiat. And no one can replace it no matter what power they have. Bitcoin is only a crypto currency that use like fait. Fait we need it because we it everyday. So i believe in fiat.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
July 22, 2016, 03:35:57 AM
you can believe in fiat or not believe in fiat, that doesn't make any change in how things work with it. there is a working system that has been around for many years and every single person on the planet is using it. so it really doesn't matter because we all need it Smiley
I am too not having any doubts on the survival of fiats system when bitcoin revolution starts. But, people will go for most effective system for their needs and fiats had shown many times not that much flexible compared to bitcoin.

Even fiats are here for thousands of years, when there is no use of them with it's no flexibility then it's age would be no more a concern.

You seem to have got carried away a tad in respect to fiats being here for thousands of years. If we don't consider failed experiments with paper money in China, fiat money has been around since 17th century only...

And it was far from perfect either (Johan Palmstruch in Sweden and John Law in France didn't end well)
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
July 22, 2016, 03:13:14 AM
you can believe in fiat or not believe in fiat, that doesn't make any change in how things work with it. there is a working system that has been around for many years and every single person on the planet is using it. so it really doesn't matter because we all need it Smiley
I am too not having any doubts on the survival of fiats system when bitcoin revolution starts. But, people will go for most effective system for their needs and fiats had shown many times not that much flexible compared to bitcoin.

Even fiats are here for thousands of years, when there is no use of them with it's no flexibility then it's age would be no more a concern.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
July 22, 2016, 02:08:42 AM
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1102
July 21, 2016, 07:35:41 PM

You can only limit its crippling printing press by switching over to bitcoin, but you still need it to pay bills since the world operates off fiat.

I dont think we will ever come to that point though since most of us will be either to old or buried by then to see it die.
Yes and I think that fiat will never die, there will be many users who will prefer to use fiat even if everything goes digital and they will be comfortable in using it.

yeah that is right no one will leave the world of fiat even if the world system shifted to digital world at all, they will prefer to use their fiat in their local markets and small shops, plus there are some older uneducated people who cannot adopt bitcoin they will also prefer fiat.
Also its impossible to happen and i think government will not accept bitcoin as payment..
Maybe some stores are accept bitcoin as payment but government are not..
If Government will not accept bitcoin as a currency then they will never allow any physical shop too to accept bitcoin as a mode of payment.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
July 21, 2016, 07:33:06 PM

yeah that is right no one will leave the world of fiat even if the world system shifted to digital world at all, they will prefer to use their fiat in their local markets and small shops, plus there are some older uneducated people who cannot adopt bitcoin they will also prefer fiat.
Also its impossible to happen and i think government will not accept bitcoin as payment..
Maybe some stores are accept bitcoin as payment but government are not..
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
July 21, 2016, 07:08:39 PM
Why not? I am using fiat very often, cause using bitcoins in my country in physical shops is unreal nowdays, i hope that someday bitcoin will become legal currency everywhere.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
July 21, 2016, 06:55:31 PM

Pages:
Jump to: