Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you Still believe in Fiat? - page 69. (Read 75146 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 251
May 24, 2016, 10:43:05 PM
Why i should not? I am not expecting something impossible from fiat, just using it just like bitcoin. So i think that i am still beliving in fiat  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
May 24, 2016, 06:56:33 PM
I lost my faith in fiat over a decade ago, but i never knew about bitcoin until 2013

the fact that we have a choice to opt out of the fiat scam makes me believe even less in fiat.

Fiat will likely soon get into a downward spiral.

Those who never believed in fiat but didn't know about alternatives either already invested in bitcoin or will flee fiat for bitcoin as soon as they learn about it. Leading fiat to go down in value, causing more people to lose trust and therefore exit the system and fiat losing value even more.

This process is an unstable process that will accelerate and reinforce itself.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
May 24, 2016, 12:09:54 PM
the answer is obvious , if u never got into the

property cycle or dont have the uber high paying

job or welfare Queen status with Gov supplied housing

or lastly deal drugs,

u would hate Fiat to the  core!

the endless print cycle is a joke  Cheesy

The answer is not obvious! It is true that I don't have a uber high paying job, but I get paid handsomely by my company which is one of the biggest consulting firms in the world.

Fiat is the present and is the future as well. Bitcoin is just filling up some gap and nothing else.

Yeah fiat is our primary source of income and it will also be our primary currency, bitcoin will always be used as an secondary currency which can take care of basic expenses.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
May 24, 2016, 12:05:49 PM

or lastly deal drugs,

The answer is not obvious! It is true that I don't have a uber high paying job, but I get paid handsomely by my company which is one of the biggest consulting firms in the world.

Fiat is the present and is the future as well. Bitcoin is just filling up some gap and nothing else.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
May 24, 2016, 08:55:31 AM
Bitcoinpro, is this you on the photo, lol?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
May 24, 2016, 08:43:47 AM
Yeah and fiat is the most popular currency and it has maximum number of users since its inception, and even bitcoin gets on the mainstream fiat will always be in demand.

Sorry, but what you say is pretty inaccurate. Fiat (= money without collateral) is a pretty new invention.

"Fiat money originated in 11th century China,[11] and its use became widespread during the Yuan and Ming dynasties.[12]"--Wikipedia.

So roughly 1,000 years. Definitely newer than fire tho, it's all relative.
legendary
Activity: 1148
May 24, 2016, 08:38:47 AM
Fiat is an actuality, it is the life-blood of modern civilization, for all its shortcomings it's still what got us to where we are. Obviously it does work even though it's not perfect. Joking aside, I'd be curious to hear your theory of a better alternative.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
May 24, 2016, 08:35:23 AM
Yeah and fiat is the most popular currency and it has maximum number of users since its inception, and even bitcoin gets on the mainstream fiat will always be in demand.

Sorry, but what you say is pretty inaccurate. Fiat (= money without collateral) is a pretty new invention. Before fiat, money was in the form of precious metal coins. The advent of fiat money was effectively a coup d'état, forced upon people after failure in economic policy. There absolutely no reason to believe that fiat will always be in demand if there is a better alternative.

Actually there have been times in the recent history (hyperinflation) when nobody was eager to accept fiat money.

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 910
May 24, 2016, 07:14:36 AM

or lastly deal drugs,

I m always surprise when people say that they don't believe in fiat. i m asking how can it is possible? if we image that our world is not using the fiat currency, so how can we buy anything, i think we are talking about that time when the earth became start. in that time no currency here only people exchange the things with each other and in this way they were living. so if we not believe in fiat so it seem like we are living in the past.   

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
May 24, 2016, 07:03:28 AM

or lastly deal drugs,

I m always surprise when people say that they don't believe in fiat. i m asking how can it is possible? if we image that our world is not using the fiat currency, so how can we buy anything, i think we are talking about that time when the earth became start. in that time no currency here only people exchange the things with each other and in this way they were living. so if we not believe in fiat so it seem like we are living in the past.   
legendary
Activity: 980
March 26, 2016, 10:04:51 AM
i had still use this currently and that mean i'm still believe fiat although in the future i do expect bitcoin could be the rival for fiat
Activity: 560
March 25, 2016, 10:55:58 PM
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
We are the champions of the night
March 25, 2016, 06:59:19 PM
I don't believe that fiat is going to be going everywhere.  Something that is the universal standard of storing value and paying simply isnt going to be going away overnight. 

I do like having alternatives like Crypto, but it just seems like a tool that can be used alongside fiat.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
March 25, 2016, 05:57:53 PM
Activity: 243
Merit: 250
March 25, 2016, 11:38:59 AM
There is nothing like believing or not believing in fiat.
It is existing thing, and belief makes no sense for real things.
It is actually more used than bitcoins in most of the world.
And also it is more acceptable.
Activity: 658
March 25, 2016, 08:48:23 AM
if i'm not believe in Fiat, how can i buy something in countries or some people call local currencies. fiat money is under control by government, the place you leave of course fiat currencies is trusted than e-money or bitcoin or etc
yes its under control of government though that does not mean that you can not use it properly on regular bases does it?

i think fiat will be around for a while and it will take a few decades for bitcoin to take over fiat though those are just my ideas
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
March 25, 2016, 08:46:43 AM
do we have any other choice for not believing fiat??? Of course as of now none, but maybe in the future.
If the government don't accept bitcoin, we don't have a choice. I still use fiat for daily basis, if i/we wan't to buy something i/we still need to convert it to fiat.

who cares if goverments accept bitcoin or not. bitcoin is not depending on banks or governments, so you can use bitcoin whenever you want at stores that accept it. if you spend your coins at stores that accept bitcoin, you don't have to convert anything as they mostly use bitpay as the payment processor.

Well right now the government and banks is still allowing bitcoin to use as they dont see it as some sort of threat but when a country collapse because of bitcoin then the whole government will take action to it.
Activity: 518
March 25, 2016, 08:39:29 AM
if i'm not believe in Fiat, how can i buy something in countries or some people call local currencies. fiat money is under control by government, the place you leave of course fiat currencies is trusted than e-money or bitcoin or etc
legendary
Activity: 896
March 25, 2016, 08:22:44 AM
do we have any other choice for not believing fiat??? Of course as of now none, but maybe in the future.
If the government don't accept bitcoin, we don't have a choice. I still use fiat for daily basis, if i/we wan't to buy something i/we still need to convert it to fiat.

who cares if goverments accept bitcoin or not. bitcoin is not depending on banks or governments, so you can use bitcoin whenever you want at stores that accept it. if you spend your coins at stores that accept bitcoin, you don't have to convert anything as they mostly use bitpay as the payment processor.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
March 25, 2016, 08:17:03 AM
Pages:
Jump to: