Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you Still believe in Fiat? - page 65. (Read 75146 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
July 13, 2016, 10:39:27 AM
Of course I believe in Fiat, everyone uses it nowadays. It's one of the oldest currencies in human history.
The oldest format, will not be convenient anymore when you are going shopping. Still, we can not ignore there are many particular situations we have to use fiats. That way, fiats will continue to stay with us but I fear it will get rarely being used by us IMHO.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
July 13, 2016, 06:44:19 AM
Basically I do not have any view on fiat.
But practically I do not use fiats for any of my daily life needs as I am mostly using debit cards wherever I shop both in physical stores as well as online (as I am saving my Bitcoins I do not spend them right now).

So, already I have switched over to electronic format of money by leaving off fiats. Does it mean I'm not believing in to fiat anymore.
Your stand on fiats is most common for many people here. I'm still believing in to fiat but I'm not using it for my daily needs. The belief on fiat is not important in my view, what really matters means what are your available opportunities to use like fiats or electronic money or bitcoins.
Yes, what is the use on believing in to a forgotten format of money. When you are not using very frequently a particular format that will get demised very soon. So, I suspect the survival of fiats when most of the people are switching over to digital system for money transfers.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
July 12, 2016, 06:50:44 AM
Nothing has happened with fiat, and is working the same as before, so why not to believe on it?

Everyone have believe on fiat as there is no any fear having that, the first and strongest reason is that it has the government support and they guarantee for its value.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
July 12, 2016, 06:45:56 AM
But practically I do not use fiats for any of my daily life needs as I am mostly using debit cards wherever I shop both in physical stores as well as online (as I am saving my Bitcoins I do not spend them right now).

So, already I have switched over to electronic format of money by leaving off fiats. Does it mean I'm not believing in to fiat anymore.
Your stand on fiats is most common for many people here. I'm still believing in to fiat but I'm not using it for my daily needs. The belief on fiat is not important in my view, what really matters means what are your available opportunities to use like fiats or electronic money or bitcoins.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 10, 2016, 07:47:19 AM
yes, still believe in fiat, we are using it for day to day, the value of a fiat currency is similarly arbitrary, but as long as the government can maintain its monetary system, that value will hold because that's the value the government is willing to honor. Because of the government is such a large part of the economy, the currency retains its value even in private exchanges as it is something that everyone can use when interacting with the government.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
July 10, 2016, 07:04:29 AM
Yes, but remain diversified. If fiat fails everything is ok. Shocked
Activity: 532
July 10, 2016, 06:54:46 AM
Well even if fiat really sucks sometimes I still need it. Its not that I believe in it I just really need it for my daily life since it was the most accepted currency to buy daily needs.
Lol yeah of course although I do not have fiat though. I would still need a fiat for major currencies in each country
is fiat. unless bitcoin is approved in all countries and is becoming mainstream I did not really need or believe to fiat again
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
July 10, 2016, 04:08:56 AM

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 10, 2016, 03:26:44 AM
Yes, to some extent, I trust the usual money. In my country they all pay. But. However, the authorities are leading the country to the bottom, and the national currency falls. The solution for me is Bitcoin. Conventional money should be kept in a wallet. No wallet (stolen, forgotten at home) - there is no money. However, the fiat advantage that it can be used without the Internet and electricity Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 10, 2016, 03:19:31 AM
Of course I believe in Fiat, everyone uses it nowadays. It's one of the oldest currencies in human history.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 10, 2016, 03:06:15 AM
Well even if fiat really sucks sometimes I still need it. Its not that I believe in it I just really need it for my daily life since it was the most accepted currency to buy daily needs.
Fiat lets you buy things you need and want. You can't buy anything using btc,One has to depend upon fiat than btc to meet the daily needs.
I can prove to you that people can buy things with btc. See those services we have in our Marketplace, that's a good example that we can use bitcoin and make it circulate.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
July 10, 2016, 02:24:08 AM
I still believe in fiat currency since since before birth paper money was used by my family as a legal tender and even today. There is no reason why I should dislike it. The only thing I'm not agreeing with is how banking institutions would use our money. They give small interests to savings and give big interest on loans which on forehand it is our money they are lending out. With this we hope that bitcoin would change the corrupt banking system in our society.
Activity: 574
July 09, 2016, 10:56:10 PM
Hm...
How you cannot believe in fiat?
It is the main currency on the world,i know that bitcoin wen't pretty popular,but where do you live,
in a forest? We pay with fiat for most thing's,not with bitcoin.
Activity: 266
One world One currency, Bitcoin.
July 09, 2016, 10:49:44 PM
i agree with you o at some points . i too feel like government is miss using us by just a agreement. i really love if everyone use digital currency to transact with each other it will minimize a lot of problems like corruption , interference of government , bank using our money as their and so on . we know money makes money so its a endless stuff.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
July 09, 2016, 07:24:19 PM
"the endless print cycle is a joke" this is so true. I don't see where this world is going with constantly printing money, one that fiat system will explode.
I think money is on everyone's mind, we can trust in fiat or not its the same, we need it for comfortable life.

That is one of the reasons why bitcoin have big potential, and I believe some altcoins will follow btc. There is to much printed money in wrong hands, we need some balance and with blockchain that is more possible then with fiat.
Activity: 476
July 09, 2016, 07:09:23 PM
Yeah I believe in fiat!
I believe that it gonna crash like hell at a time or another!
I think fiat will always live as long as the country remains consistent to use fiat. except in case of any disorder or any in the future I can not guarantee the existence of fiat
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043
αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa
July 09, 2016, 06:08:17 PM
the answer is obvious , if u never got into the

property cycle or dont have the uber high paying

job or welfare Queen status with Gov supplied housing

or lastly deal drugs,

u would hate Fiat to the  core!

the endless print cycle is a joke  Cheesy

Definitly NO!
Activity: 462
July 09, 2016, 05:34:18 PM
How can you hate the thing you are using to buy you your daily needs?  I have more faith in Fiat than BTC to be honest Cheesy the main reason i have to change BTC to fiat is that regardless how high BTC is im confident that encashing it will give me stuff that i need Cheesy

Well, to be fair you have no choice in using fiat, you can't do anything but using it for your daily needs ^^

Even if you don't want it, you have to!

There are many things where you do have a choice between bitcoin and fiat, and if enough people start using it, the choice will only get higher
until finally you wont have to use fiat at all (or atleast thats what we hope to achieve). For example i buy all my tech thingys with bitcoin, as well as
a lot of online services and gamble.. It's a lot wider market than people assume, but ofc that it still has to grow in order to be recognized to wider audience

Well gamble isn't really what I would call a "daily use" ^^
Tech things I agree but that's all for me. Nothing I use daily, no food, no groceries;..
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
July 09, 2016, 04:33:32 PM
How can you hate the thing you are using to buy you your daily needs?  I have more faith in Fiat than BTC to be honest Cheesy the main reason i have to change BTC to fiat is that regardless how high BTC is im confident that encashing it will give me stuff that i need Cheesy

Well, to be fair you have no choice in using fiat, you can't do anything but using it for your daily needs ^^

There are many things where you do have a choice between bitcoin and fiat, and if enough people start using it, the choice will only get higher
until finally you wont have to use fiat at all (or atleast thats what we hope to achieve). For example i buy all my tech thingys with bitcoin, as well as
a lot of online services and gamble.. It's a lot wider market than people assume, but ofc that it still has to grow in order to be recognized to wider audience
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
July 09, 2016, 04:04:08 PM

Pages:
Jump to: