Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you still use MEW? - page 2. (Read 5082 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 102
June 19, 2018, 09:27:17 PM
I actually still use MEW. Specifically, i use it to access my tokens via Metamask then send it to exchanges.

Is there anything wrong / unsafe about the practice of using MEW? As far as i know all those people who are saying MEW was hacked or is unsecure are those people who are probably falling for phishing emails or website scams. It's really a simple thing as long as you know what you are doing.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
June 19, 2018, 09:24:37 PM
At the moment i am still using myetherwallet but i am using together with metamask, recently i discovered that my ether wallet has a feature that will allow you to use metamask and other hardware wallet with it, so ever since i have been using my ether wallet with metamask.
Activity: 219
Merit: 1
June 19, 2018, 08:51:27 PM
until now I use MEW where this wallet has been doing security development. so later when we transact we will find comfort in it ..
I think later MEW will continue to develop so many people will use this wallet
Activity: 426
Merit: 250
June 19, 2018, 07:45:27 PM
After i discovered metamask im using it, sometimes i connect to mew to send tokens, but still im using metamask, mew is only to send tokens.
Activity: 329
Merit: 14
June 19, 2018, 07:44:26 PM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.

I am still using MEW, however I am aware that I must take additional measures to protect my ethers, because despite the great reliability that MEW had gained over the years, the great vulnerability that it has shown recently is a concern for many ether owners.

It is true that my amount of ethers is still too small to motivate me to make large investments in sophisticated security measures, but as I have the possibility of obtaining more ethers and tokens I will be analyzing that possibility.
Activity: 350
Merit: 105
June 19, 2018, 02:31:53 PM
Using hardware wallet is safer than MEW but for me I have a few coins so I stays on MEW. Keep your private keys on safer place is one to protect your account safe. I will buy hardware wallet if my coins are many.  
Activity: 152
Merit: 10
June 19, 2018, 02:23:20 PM
Уes, I am still using MEW but with metamask integration so that you don't always have to type your private key or insert your UTC file. 
It is much safer than every time you insert your private key manually.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
June 19, 2018, 02:06:56 PM
Yes, I still continue to use MEW. I think if you follow all the safety rules,then all will be well. you can use a hardware purse.
Activity: 120
June 19, 2018, 02:00:04 PM
There are holes in any system that are not patched, but there is a possibility that you have not handled your security key carefully enough
Activity: 42
June 19, 2018, 01:43:08 PM
I do still use mew, some people are getting scammed and hacked because of the phising sites that uses specialized characters and uses the name of MEW but when you are really an observant, you'll be able to notice it right away. MEW is secured, just dont get into phising site.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
June 19, 2018, 01:39:17 PM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

Myetherewallet is trusted by everyone who are trading in the market and this is the best wallet to hold your coins today because most of the traders did not get any problem in the past regarding to this wallet that holds their coin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
June 19, 2018, 01:37:02 PM
I use MEW and I'm not going to change it.
I was not able to find the purse better than MEW it's perfect for bounty hunters, I don't think many people will switch to other wallets. And as long as I use this I see no problem and thi is safest one. Just make sure you see the address bar green. But I would like to recommend if you had a hardware wallet better use it as your main wallet. Its much better safe when you store your assets on the hardware wallet.
Activity: 126
June 19, 2018, 01:31:14 PM
I have heard a lot about the etherwallet hack. I still use my etherwallet and metamask. I feel it is safe for me. Is there a secure alternative to security?
Activity: 127
Merit: 2
Product almost ready flycare.com
June 19, 2018, 01:29:13 PM
Yes, I still keep it because it is an important tool for traders and investors. It is useful specially in huge amount of tokens.
There's no better way. This wallet is the best option for those who are engaged in trade and bounty. I think hardware wallets are more necessary for those who are very afraid of hackers and can not protect themselves from them.
Activity: 336
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
June 19, 2018, 01:28:36 PM
I use MEW for a long time. Never got a problem and hope will not them
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
June 19, 2018, 01:26:26 PM

Yes am still using myetherwallet. From beginning using my ether wallet. I havent face any issue here. The basic thing is you should protect your private key, Do not paste you private key to any of scam website.
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
June 19, 2018, 01:22:35 PM
until now I still use it, because I am used and easier to use MEW wallet, it's just that we need to be more careful when filling the private key that we have.

WTF! You should never share your private keys with any website. Yes, you can input your private keys in MEW but it is very risky because you might be sharing it with a phishing site! MEW itself recommends use of hardware wallets or Metamask to avoid phishing.
Activity: 266
June 19, 2018, 01:19:02 PM
I think most of the bugs are hacked by humans, which can accidentally expose private keys when installed with malicious code or spyware. The mew itself has relatively good security. The mytherwallet domain has a sophisticated fake address mask so you need to check it carefully before entering the private key.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1042
HODL
June 19, 2018, 12:57:26 PM
Yes, I always use this wallet. I like MEW for being very reliable and convenient. And today I don't see a worthy substitute for this wallet except MyCrypto. I see that many people use MEW and it proves its reliability.
Activity: 77
June 19, 2018, 08:59:05 AM
Yes, I still keep it because it is an important tool for traders and investors. It is useful specially in huge amount of tokens.
Pages:
Jump to: