Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you still use MEW? - page 3. (Read 5082 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
June 19, 2018, 12:09:33 AM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.
I am still using MEW. The reason is 1) I am using a hardware wallet (no chance for my private key to be hacked). 2) I am using the legit chrome extension of MEW, which is a offline version of MEW (not affected by the recent hack).

Of course i always rely on MEW, as long as we keep the private key secure. For me it is the most secure way to store our coins. And those 2 tips above are very helping, to add some extra ways securing our MEW
Activity: 230
Merit: 10
June 19, 2018, 12:07:50 AM
I'm one of the user of myetherwallet. And as far as I know it is safe and secure to use that's why many people are using myetherwallet. It is very trustworthy wallet. You just,have to secure it your ownself.
Activity: 238
June 19, 2018, 12:06:02 AM
For me myetherwallet is the most trustworthy wallet that I've known. It is super safe proven and tested already. Sometimes it depends the person how they are careful with their wallet.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
June 19, 2018, 12:04:47 AM
MEW is the most secure and easy-to-use wallet, with a 64-character private key it's almost impossible that anyone else will know our account, and very cheap transaction costs make me never leave MEW.
Activity: 216
June 19, 2018, 12:03:10 AM
Yes I still ise myetherwallet. Because since I joined here that,was the wallet I used to use. It is very safe and secured and it was already proven.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
June 19, 2018, 12:02:06 AM
I still use myetherwallet. There hasnt been a need for me to look at any other alternative. It doea what it needs to and it holds alot of my alts. However i could get my mind changed when the ethos wallet is released.
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
June 18, 2018, 11:54:29 PM
So far,  I still use myetherwallet to store my crypto currency range. So far, I feel very safe in storing my assets in this myetherwallet. Actually, the security of myetherwallet also depends on you as its users. Do not forget to apply all the security in myetherwallet so no one can rob or hack your crypto currency. In addition,  you should also check your email settings are connected with myetherwallet to not connect automatically with other people's email. Essentially, you should check regularly your myetherwallet settings and security as well as your email.
copper member
Activity: 238
June 18, 2018, 11:51:52 PM
I continue to use the MyEtherwallet, as it is irreplaceable. You need to be very careful not to get to phishing links. You can protect yourself using Metamask or Mycrypto. And Mycrypto has a desktop version.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Look ARROUND!
June 18, 2018, 11:48:57 PM
MEW is different from different conventional web wallets.due to the fact not like different web wallets,your the one who has the manage on your Ethereum’s personal key to your gadget.it is also an open-source wallet, with out a 1/3-birthday party servers, in which you can write and access clever contracts.
It's a plain online wallet so there is not that much that you could do if someone that works for their website changes how they do things in there.
Activity: 406
June 18, 2018, 11:43:36 PM
MEW is different from different conventional web wallets.due to the fact not like different web wallets,your the one who has the manage on your Ethereum’s personal key to your gadget.it is also an open-source wallet, with out a 1/3-birthday party servers, in which you can write and access clever contracts.
Activity: 282
Merit: 11
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
June 18, 2018, 11:29:13 PM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.
Yes i'm still using MEW whatevwr issues facing its system but I believe it's more capable enough and more popular in terms of trading coins and tokens.
Activity: 152
June 18, 2018, 01:33:14 PM
There was a time I liked MEW, but as it stands, I do not think it's safe for me. Some are getting scammed a lot. I presently use imToken, but that isn't also too safe. The best is just to get an hardware wallet.
Activity: 518
Merit: 21
June 18, 2018, 10:36:29 AM
Yes all of my digital wallet are from MEW created but i am not contented in one digital wallet and luckily i have 6 of them. But none of them had coins in any crypto. Sad to say because all my bounty campaigns are pausing their ICO, some were not able to gather crowds fund for the project to succeed, and others are just really scammer even bounty hunters were ask to contribute 0.1 ETH. So sad yet i am confident with MEW and still trusting MEW as altcoins digital wallet.
Activity: 45
June 18, 2018, 10:29:11 AM
It is not necessary to use ledzer o trezor. You can simply use metamask, it also protects very well your assets. If you have some spare money, in that case you can buy ledzer of course.
Activity: 306
June 17, 2018, 05:53:53 PM
MEW used to be the most popular wallet, sometimes I use it, because I got used to it. But, I think, "mycrypto" is better.
Activity: 420
June 17, 2018, 05:47:11 PM
Hacking because that is not there , and if hacked then only when you give them your personal details from the wallet , and impossible to open the wallet
Activity: 350
Merit: 13
INGOT Coin
June 17, 2018, 05:44:54 PM
until now I still use it, because I am used and easier to use MEW wallet, it's just that we need to be more careful when filling the private key that we have.
Activity: 112
June 17, 2018, 05:38:36 PM
I'm still using mew maybe website will be updated their security because of hacking news about mew last time and my assets is still there so i don't switch wallet.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
June 17, 2018, 05:34:00 PM
yes i still using myetherwallet til now and lucky me i never been hacked before. just put your private key into a safe place and use it when you need them and never share it to anyone if you want a safer one from myetherwallet you can use metamask that's an extension on browser you can use it to receive token or ETH. i never use hardware wallet before
Activity: 854
June 17, 2018, 05:29:46 PM
Yes, i agree that hardware wallet is more secured than MEW, which sometimes gets its DNS attacked by scammers. Notwithstanding, i still use MEW, but i ensure that i use the right url which i have bookmarked, in order not to get phished. I still used it today.
Pages:
Jump to: