Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you still use MEW? - page 9. (Read 5082 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 3
June 14, 2018, 04:44:50 AM
Still using it here. Had no problems, although wish it was slightly easier to migrate account to other browsers, but that's probably me being useless! Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
June 14, 2018, 04:35:26 AM
i continue to use MEW, it is easy to use and it allows you to store and track your ERC20 tokens, to be on the safe part  I kept my private key for the safety purposes, i always double check the mew website before typing in my private key.
Great, I think most of us are using MEW to store our tokens, I don't have a hardware wallet yet because I am confident
that MEW will always be safe and so far it is doing good and my tokens are safe.
Safety is really important because we are storing our wealth in MEW, we also need to be active with the new regarding MEW.

I haven't heard about the recent hack, can you post the source of the news?
I'm continuing using the myetherwallet, it is a good wallet but if it has backdoors and hackers can easily access to my wallet and make transaction then there is no other reason to use this service.
Which other ETH wallet service are you guys using if MEW not? I don't own any hardware wallet so I should use maybe a web wallet, what do you recommend?
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
June 14, 2018, 04:22:47 AM
I still use it, no reason not to. Most ico send tokens to MEW wallet
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
June 14, 2018, 04:09:54 AM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.

I don’t use MyEtherWallet anymore. There are many alternatives on the market. I used to work with Metamask. And this wallet fully satisfy all my needs as a service for keeping my digital money safe.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 674
June 14, 2018, 12:07:26 AM
i continue to use MEW, it is easy to use and it allows you to store and track your ERC20 tokens, to be on the safe part  I kept my private key for the safety purposes, i always double check the mew website before typing in my private key.
Great, I think most of us are using MEW to store our tokens, I don't have a hardware wallet yet because I am confident
that MEW will always be safe and so far it is doing good and my tokens are safe.
Safety is really important because we are storing our wealth in MEW, we also need to be active with the new regarding MEW.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
June 13, 2018, 03:49:24 PM
Activity: 938
Merit: 159
June 13, 2018, 03:11:04 PM
despite the recent hack i continue to use mew because i'm very comfortable with it but i'm using precautions, i've only used it offline so i'm sure my private keys are not at risk
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
June 13, 2018, 01:43:32 PM
It's very convenience, why not ? i'm using it every when i need to send my payment!
Activity: 344
Merit: 11
June 13, 2018, 01:41:55 PM
I agree with what you say and I am still using a hardware wallet to ensure safety. Protecting yourself is always the best option. However, always be careful in all situations.
Activity: 11
June 13, 2018, 01:35:41 PM
I have just hacked my wallet. so sad
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
June 13, 2018, 01:34:21 PM
I think that the best option than MEW, has not yet been invented, so as not to fantasize, MEW is time-tested!
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
June 13, 2018, 01:30:38 PM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I use MEW because I think IT is the most reliable and practical! I am very comfortable to use it! Since I am an active participant in the bounty programs, that I have to have a purse MEW!  I'm happy with this wallet!
Activity: 6
June 13, 2018, 12:27:42 PM
I use mew with my ledger and have no problems. Just make sure t double check the url or use a bookmark
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
June 13, 2018, 12:14:18 PM
Well I am still using them because I need them for receiving tokens and eth. I use metamask for secure login access so I won't got phissed and my private are safe.
Activity: 476
June 13, 2018, 12:13:41 PM
Yes, I use this purse every day and using the elementary rules of security has never been deceived. Before you start using cash or coins, read the recommendations and everything will be fine.
Activity: 109
June 13, 2018, 12:10:15 PM
Yes I will still use MEW. I kept my private key for the safety purposes, even MEW several times my account is still safe.
Activity: 14
June 13, 2018, 12:06:42 PM

I found MEW very friendly and easy to use after some days of learning and using it. Can anyone explain me what happened as you mentioned recent hack? Im pretty sure as everyone are claiming that if i will use my ledger that no one will steal my coins which i have on address of it, or better said it was done the best for security. In beginning first i was entering in my account through Keystore, which file I was storing on USB. Is this way safe to use it too, as i put in and out USB everytime i log in. can thief log in if i dont have USB, or Ledger in computer, although these are the keys to enter wallet?
How they do it? And everyone who dont have a lot of money on their account all are saying that thief won't hack their wallets because they dont have a lot worth things on it Cheesy Pretty sure they rather hack wallet with millions of worth coins on it...
Activity: 74
June 13, 2018, 11:57:36 AM

Yes im using MEW but only as the offline repository from an offline linux machine
Activity: 640
June 13, 2018, 11:27:11 AM
Yes, I’m also using MEW, I keep my private key in safe place and also using Google Chrome application to be sure I’m entering the original MEW.
Activity: 78
June 13, 2018, 11:16:11 AM
I still do use MEW but we should be very careful and be mindful not to upload our private keys or perhaps let the hackers who are just waiting for a mistake to get all your tokens or coins. So use it with extreme caution and do not trade coins all at once.
Pages:
Jump to: