Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you still use MEW? - page 25. (Read 5082 times)

Activity: 305
Merit: 100
ENTRY Cryptocurrency
June 05, 2018, 12:00:08 PM
Yes, Hope nothing to worry with it as long as we keep our private key safe. Also, minimize login to MWE using private key to view balances and add tokens
Activity: 361
Merit: 10
BIB Exchange
June 05, 2018, 11:57:14 AM
for my own I still keep my token in myetherwallet safe enough for now.
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
June 05, 2018, 11:55:32 AM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.

I still use MEW because by far, that's the only wallet I know to use because of its simplicity and how it improved its security now. MEW has been by far the best hardware wallet for me to use and I'm not complaining. MEW is simple and easy to use and I hope they develop MEW further.
Activity: 467
June 05, 2018, 11:51:10 AM
so far and up to now, maybe it's been nearing 1 year, i always use myetherwallet and no constraint means, but i also use imtoken and nano for alternative wallet
Activity: 120
Merit: 0
June 05, 2018, 11:44:05 AM
Myetherwallet is a very good wallet MEW is very convenient to use there is o security that can't be bridged and 100% is not certain when it as to do with internet, those that were affected maybe didn't check those site were they were directed to if not there won't have been any victim of phising during the attacks.
Activity: 602
June 05, 2018, 07:36:01 AM
After some problems I discovered NOKU wallet, it's very easy to use and does recognise automatically every token you have.... I just can't figure how to login with my ledger otherwise it would be the perfect wallet for me.
Activity: 98
June 05, 2018, 07:33:27 AM
I still use mew, but I don't think that hack was serious, (a few wallets). If you know something else you can recomend me thaks.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
June 05, 2018, 04:28:15 AM
The main danger when using MEW is a chance of providing your private key to a malicious site after which you immediately lose all your ETH and tokens. To avoid this situation you should always check whether a connection is secure by looking at the address bar.

Here's an example example of a phishing site were connection is not secure

~img~

I have easily found it by googling "mi ether wallet". That's what they do, they exploit your mistakes, so please be very cautious.

Also, apart from looking for a secure connection you have to double check whether the address is looking exactly like this:

https://www.myetherwallet.com/

Btw, I just checked, the phishing site in my example is the top one you see even when googling the write words: "my ether wallet" because that's a paid Ad. Thanks a bunch, Google!

Well said. Though I dont get the ad when I google that, it still goes to show the importance of double checking everything, the link, bookmark, etc. in detail

Hm, interesting. I wanted to provide you with a screenshot of my Google search, but today I don't get those results either. Maybe Google is not that bad as I thought it was and they have removed the Ad quickly. Nevertheless, the search results were for me as I had shown yesterday, and that can be repeated in the future, so it's important to be very cautious when using MEW, otherwise great wallet imo.
Activity: 238
June 04, 2018, 02:36:02 PM
I still use MEW as it is one of the most convenient purses. Also in a sheaf I use MetaMask - very convenient option!
Activity: 350
Merit: 36
June 04, 2018, 01:26:58 PM
i still use mew, but in conjunction with metamask or a hardware wallet, i believe this increases the security level quite a bit...
Activity: 213
June 04, 2018, 01:23:33 PM
Yes, I still use My ether wallet as its User Interface is very easy to understand and all the coin details are available on the dashboard from where it is very easy to determine the market value of each coin. In my opinion it is easy and safe way to keep your coins.
Activity: 406
Merit: 132
June 04, 2018, 01:17:48 PM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.
I still use mew. It is simple to use and a good place where to hold ETH and ERC-20 tokens as well and does not require any downloads. Most of people who want to hodl erc20  include me use Myetherwallet.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
June 04, 2018, 12:53:02 PM
But it's still much more convinient than any harsware wallet for sending money to crowdsales and conducting transactions of ERC20 tokens.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 04, 2018, 11:57:57 AM
Yes, hardware wallet is more secured than any other wallet one can think of and it puts the user's mind at rest, because, he has nothing to fear. We have always been receiving the news of attack on MEW. Just recently, it was an attack on the DNS. Which i think might happen again.
I agree that hardware wallet is the most secure way of storing your Ethers, but hardware wallets isn't an option for everyone as it isn't a free option and costs money which might be a huge amount for someone. Although I would say that using web wallets isn't a good option and everyone should avoid them and go with the official desktop wallet instead.
Activity: 459
Merit: 251
June 04, 2018, 11:56:30 AM
Yes I still use it. There is no problem that is associated with using mew, it is still the best option for you to use for storing your ethereum, also for other ether based tokens that you might end up getting from doing airdrops or bounties. Just make sure that you migrate your information to metamask to keep it as secure as possible, if you do that then you don't really have a problem.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 112
June 04, 2018, 11:54:33 AM
Well, if you can afford hardware wallet then you should use it. I have been using MyEtherWallet for a long time and haven't faced any problem, so i would continue to use despite the recent hacking news.
Activity: 244
June 04, 2018, 11:53:55 AM
yes i still use MEW from the beginning i joined bitcoin. and if they want to take my coins, I think that's impossible. because it is unlikely they will misuse their product. and all this time my coins remain safe. and of course they will try to prevent negative things.
Activity: 560
June 04, 2018, 11:52:08 AM
I do not see any problem in using this wallet. It is quite reliable and very convenient. If you follow the precautionary measures, then your assets will be all right.
Activity: 266
June 04, 2018, 11:51:51 AM
At this moment for me  myetherwallet is the best choice, so yes, I still use it. I think mew one of safest wallet now and I did not find an alternative for this wallet.
Activity: 168
June 04, 2018, 11:45:37 AM
I read about the hack today and it does not scare me off. it was apparently quickly discovered and resolved. alone for these reasons i will continue to use mew wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: