Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you still use MEW? - page 56. (Read 5082 times)

Activity: 184
Merit: 0
May 05, 2018, 01:34:49 AM
 Grin Grin Grin Grin MEW still the best option to receive token from ICO or bounty.Insert Quote
MEW is definitely still one of the best ERC20 wallets out there. The hacks can be avoided by investing in a hardware wallet.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
May 05, 2018, 01:31:44 AM
Yes, I am still using MEW, because MEW is my only wallet that i know that it can keep my tokens secure, because no chance to get hacked by others because of my private key, so that's why I'm still using it right now.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
May 05, 2018, 01:12:50 AM
for those who feel worried may switch to another wallet is also not a problem. but for me, the MEW remain safe. Besides the comfort I get in MEW will probably make me difficult to switch from the wallet is another reason of course also a lot of platform-based ICO ethereum and of course, very MEW should be used.
Activity: 126
May 05, 2018, 12:30:40 AM
MEW still the best option to receive token from ICO or bounty. If you want to be safe then use metamask as your login access, never share your private keys or input them in website, or you will be phised.
Activity: 43
May 05, 2018, 12:25:52 AM
Quite important and very correct question and based on what people write here, I can say that many are still endangered, but the right decision will be to use MetaMask, which will give you more security than you think
Activity: 18
May 04, 2018, 12:36:53 PM
I still use myetherwallet because I know they were not hacked with it. They were more like victim of the hack. Amazon dns was hacked. And all dns lost respect from me. I am using local one now.
Activity: 89
May 04, 2018, 07:03:06 AM
I still use it, it doesn't matter if they got hacked or not, that does not mean that they stopped offering one of the bet ether wallets out there. I checked my coins and they were safe so what I do now is to just follow the instructions on their page and use the metamask extension that is provided on their website to stay secure.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
UniDApp - it's DeFi time!
May 04, 2018, 06:24:51 AM
I don't have that many coins/tokens in my MEW wallet and therefore I am not that concerned about the recent bugs. But if my ETH holdings increase in future, then I'd seriously consider buying a hardware wallet such as Ledger Nano or Trezor.

Of course, if you have a large amount of money, then the security of your property is very important and essential. I think most people in this market have to use this device because this is a device that can secure your ETH and many other coins and I always prefer to use Ledger Nano S because wallet this is considered to be the safest at this time
Activity: 487
Merit: 10
May 04, 2018, 06:20:25 AM
I prefer imtoken for now. Had to import my mew to my Imtoken. Stories of MEW hack perpetually coming FROM crypto is making it less and less popular.  
Activity: 238
May 04, 2018, 06:18:52 AM
completely agree with you, the hardware wallet is the most reliable way to keep your coins safe, because any other wallet can be hacked and steal coins, we have faced this problem many times already,
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
May 04, 2018, 05:49:58 AM
Using a hardware wallet is one of the best advices. Also we can generate offline transaction using MEW, that increases transaction security even without hardware wallet.
Activity: 178
Merit: 10
May 04, 2018, 05:48:26 AM
I don't have that many coins/tokens in my MEW wallet and therefore I am not that concerned about the recent bugs. But if my ETH holdings increase in future, then I'd seriously consider buying a hardware wallet such as Ledger Nano or Trezor.
Activity: 396
Chainjoes.com
May 04, 2018, 05:47:44 AM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.
I still use myetherwallet, everything has been solved, every issue that happened has been fixed, so there is no reason for us to stop using myetherwallet. or if you doubt mew, you can use an alternative wallet.
Activity: 914
Merit: 500
May 04, 2018, 05:46:42 AM
MEW is the best solution for people looking for Ethereum Wallets and Token ERC20 for free.
Yes, MEW is easy to use and has convient interface. There is also support of cold wallets: Ledgers/Trezors. And of course there is possibility of using local version of MEW which protect you from DNS substitution for example.
Activity: 168
May 04, 2018, 05:46:32 AM
MEW is definitely still one of the best ERC20 wallets out there. The hacks can be avoided by investing in a hardware wallet.
May 04, 2018, 05:45:21 AM
It`s a good way to use MEW like hardware wallet,if you do`nt enter it everyday, offline version of this wallet is quite safe
Using 2 addresses, from 1st you can trade(fees are low now) - send to exchanges etc,and 2nd is like a store,and it`s safe,cuz MEW doesn`t keep your private keys
Activity: 428
Merit: 12
May 04, 2018, 05:44:17 AM
you are right, hardware wallets and cold storage wallets are the most reliable way to protect your money from hackers and scammers, I also recommend using these funds to protect your property, because in case of theft from any other purse, you will not get anything back
Activity: 452
Merit: 7
May 04, 2018, 05:39:25 AM
I still use this purse, but I try to use it as little as possible, for me this hacking is a surprise, I hope it does not happen again
Activity: 661
Merit: 251
May 04, 2018, 04:30:24 AM
Of course we do. I think everyone who is associated with cryptocurrencies definitely use this wallet. Personally I haven't used the purse of the cue ball, use my wallet ether
Merit: 1
May 04, 2018, 04:20:48 AM
Yes, hardware wallet is more secured than any other wallet one can think of and it puts the user's mind at rest, because, he has nothing to fear. We have always been receiving the news of attack on MEW but I would always advice folks to get hardware wallet like trezor to safeguard their coins
Pages:
Jump to: