Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you still use MEW? - page 59. (Read 5082 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 103
May 02, 2018, 10:22:01 AM
MEW or MyEtherWallet is still one of the safest wallet in the web browser. MEW requires various ways to be accessed before seeing what's inside the wallet. One good way to access it is Metamask that requires personal password. Accessing it with Private Keys is a bit risky because there are a lot of phishing sites that is created and hackers are getting crafty on how they create these websites.
Activity: 854
Merit: 102
PHORE
May 02, 2018, 10:20:46 AM
I use the mew because it is tested and my Altcoins are secure in the mew and not just steal it because my privite key does not steal my altcoin so do not give your privite key so others do not steal empty your altcoin
Activity: 840
Merit: 100
May 02, 2018, 10:15:25 AM
Until now I still use my MEW account, and I don't have problem at all. Make sure your private key is always secure and always use the address you have in the bookmark.
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
May 02, 2018, 10:12:19 AM
MEW is still safe as long as you are vigilant enough to check everything before logging in your wallet. I use nana ledger and check the website certificate to make sure my funds are safe. It is the DSN that is hacked, not MEW it self.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
May 02, 2018, 10:09:46 AM
I switched to MyCrypto after the DNS hijacking. Although it's basically the same. I figured if you're vigilant enough to check everything before opening your wallet you're pretty safe at least.

Still planning to switch to hardware wallets sometime in the future though.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 10:04:50 AM
As long as you follow security protocols and use at least Metamask (but preferably hardware wallets), I don't see any reasons why we should not use MEW anymore.
Activity: 896
Merit: 103
May 02, 2018, 09:49:22 AM
I am still using, checking the connection and using.. Now I think nothing is safe enough , also dont keeping everything there, just part
Activity: 98
May 02, 2018, 09:47:27 AM
Most of the new token from new projects and some airdrops still use wallet with ERC20 attributes, and the first wallet to consider using is the MEW so yes, still using it to receive award.
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
May 02, 2018, 09:47:21 AM
Well, Hardware wallet is the best, but not many people can afford it. So, a lot of people's best choice is the free ones and MyEtherWallet is the best free online wallet. Although, i have heard some people talking about hacking, but i have been using it for a long time without any problem, so despite that i am still using it.
Activity: 36
May 02, 2018, 09:46:56 AM
I continue to use MEW. But I do not keep all my money there, but only 10-20% of the total capital.
Activity: 574
Merit: 2
May 02, 2018, 09:46:21 AM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.
I am still using MEW. The reason is 1) I am using a hardware wallet (no chance for my private key to be hacked). 2) I am using the legit chrome extension of MEW, which is a offline version of MEW (not affected by the recent hack).

That's a good point. I think those are the extra steps everyone needs to take to stay safe. The hardware wallet being the most important.

I love this few points and I hope you could give examples of the hardware wallet
I would love to use as well

Thanks
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
May 02, 2018, 09:44:41 AM
Yes, I still use MyEtherWallet because that's the only wallet I have. I wish I had more money than bounty, I want to buy my own wallet hardware. Because with our wallet coin hardware more secure and awake from others.
Activity: 98
May 02, 2018, 09:41:44 AM
With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

Yes, I am using MEW for now because this is the only wallet address i know and I'm very lucky to read this thread because i have questions also before on what other wallet is available aside from MEW so now im already aware about other wallet.
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
May 02, 2018, 09:35:51 AM
I am still using my MEW wallet to store my assets because MEW for me is very simple to use and easier to keep our wallet from hackers and I will keep using MEW to store my assets hopefully will always be safe.
Activity: 406
May 02, 2018, 09:35:13 AM
Indeed, we must be careful when opening Myetherwallet account, because at this time a lot of fake web that provides links for Myetherwallet, so if we are not careful when opening Myetherwallet then all our balance will be taken up by others.
Activity: 393
Decentralized Gaming Platform - Play & Earn $
May 02, 2018, 09:33:12 AM
yes mew what I use for those who get altcoin if they are ico safe and it is safe and the most important thing for the mew is the privite key that you do not want to give it anyone to lose your altcoin or steal
Activity: 252
May 02, 2018, 09:30:49 AM
even if it got some trouble lately, still believe that it is good for trade. i like its surface and the way of working but need more efficient and secure obviously. i don't like to use metamask while i need an option to use mew but they deal this trust issue.
Activity: 286
Cryptics
May 02, 2018, 09:30:11 AM

I agree that hardware wallet is must in crypto space as security is the most important thing here, if you have hardware wallet then you shouldn't care about the recent hack as they can't get your private key and every transaction must be confirmed from the wallet itself. I don't think there's a lot of options for free eth wallet that can access erc20 token, i only know metamask so maybe people should switch to that if they don't have hardware wallet.
Activity: 227
May 02, 2018, 09:29:10 AM
Yes, that day, fortunately, I have no Mew entrance from my closed key because recently Mew was cracked so I can begin to use metamask, it isn't necessary to enter the closed key every time, but my first purse is a purse device so I it isn't necessary worries about my safety of the account even if I to visit the phishing site
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
May 02, 2018, 09:28:56 AM
I agree with you for better security reasons using wallet hardware, but MEW will not matter as long as you are wiser in using it, not just clicking links you do not know.
Pages:
Jump to: