Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think advisors help new projects? - page 3. (Read 1804 times)

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
September 14, 2019, 05:53:52 PM
We should have a high percentage of the advisors that are not efficient and effective, cause if they did we wont be where we are with ICO and altcoins. Vitalik stopped when he noticed the implication in the longrun. Their images are just been used and they are well paid for, in some cases with the token and some in fiat/bitcoin. Some of these advisors initiate the project and put people to do the running around while they play advisor.
Activity: 925
Merit: 100
September 14, 2019, 05:45:09 PM
Yes they do, but the good ones in this case while there are different case scenarios. That is, just like there are team or developers without appropriate knowledge of the project they want to launch, same is with advisors. Also, there are cases where advisors are used to hype a project, in such cases one needs to be careful because the team might only be after profit and nothing more. Furthermore, I think the best way to judge advisors is by checking their relevant experience and connecting it with the project they wish to offer advice on, to see if it matches.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
September 14, 2019, 05:19:30 PM
It's depend on advisors it self, are they used for brand/marketing only? are they used to make project looks greatin first appereance?

Sure on their web, they will give position to their advisors. However we can not know what is function of advisors on a project. Are they really help project to find investor or announce project to their network? Only internal team know this issue.

I also still looking way to knwo about this
Advisors can function on both ways and it would always have that kind of pay.We cant really be sure if they do only focus out on one point or just tending to do overall works.
Im aint saying that these people arent that effective yet there are famous advisors known by the public and somewhat their current popularity and reputation does also act
some sort of initial marketing with the project but of course it do have corresponding additional pay with that talking on projects success or relevance will not vary with these people.
They can give out inputs or insights but as said there's no such weight with that.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
September 14, 2019, 05:12:11 PM
Personally I do support and second the idea that the success of a project directly depends on its advisors. The fact that most new projects succeeded without having a single advisor does not mean every project will succeed without an advisor. Advisors play key roles in deciding the roadmap of a project which is very necessary to a project and shows where the project is going with its future.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
September 10, 2019, 03:58:36 AM
I think the current successful project has three main elements:
1: Money
2: Community
3: Foundation
Activity: 616
Merit: 18
📱CARTESI 📱INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
September 09, 2019, 10:33:01 PM
I don't really think advisors helps new projects in making decisions or enhancing the project even more. Advisors for me are more like to gain a public trust coming from the community that the advisors supports this project and that means that is a legit project. That's all they can help with the project.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 09, 2019, 10:13:29 PM
It's depend on advisors it self, are they used for brand/marketing only? are they used to make project looks greatin first appereance?

Sure on their web, they will give position to their advisors. However we can not know what is function of advisors on a project. Are they really help project to find investor or announce project to their network? Only internal team know this issue.

I also still looking way to knwo about this
Activity: 924
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
September 09, 2019, 09:24:11 PM
Of course, they do! I have seen some project who hadn't good partners nor good updates, but they raised their all-cap only because they had good known advisors. But if your project is not good enough, then famous advisors can't help you. Roger Var is an advisor of Livenpay and Azbit projects and both projects suffered a lot!
Moreover, influential advisors in cryptocurrency must always be used as a reference, speculation is often used as a basis for analysis. Projects supported by influential advisors will definitely have a higher appeal, of course, it will be in vain if it is not supported by the strategy and quality of the project, as you explained. Conversely, a strong project, a good strategy and product, will certainly provide a good image as well and will automatically attract market interest, even without a special advisor.

An experienced advisor in the world of cryptocurrency will certainly help a project to survive amid the intense competition in new coins. In addition, a well-known advisor can attract many investors and also provide guidance on how a product is created and marketed
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
September 09, 2019, 07:20:37 PM
Of course, they do! I have seen some project who hadn't good partners nor good updates, but they raised their all-cap only because they had good known advisors. But if your project is not good enough, then famous advisors can't help you. Roger Var is an advisor of Livenpay and Azbit projects and both projects suffered a lot!
Moreover, influential advisors in cryptocurrency must always be used as a reference, speculation is often used as a basis for analysis. Projects supported by influential advisors will definitely have a higher appeal, of course, it will be in vain if it is not supported by the strategy and quality of the project, as you explained. Conversely, a strong project, a good strategy and product, will certainly provide a good image as well and will automatically attract market interest, even without a special advisor.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
September 09, 2019, 07:15:06 PM
Using the reputation of the ICO advisors is not an appropriate method for increasing the awareness in my opinion. The advisors talk from their experience and their experience doesn't always matter in most cases especially in the new projects. New projects also don't consider the current situation in the IEOs and delaying the proejct will be better from the timing perspective. About the 50% of the IEOs on the exchanges as Binance can take the successful roadmap goals.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
September 09, 2019, 07:11:10 PM
It's more appropriate if we look on the team who will manage the project and those who are responsible on the success or failure of the project.

An advisor's job is just to give their advise but it's still up to the CEO or the manager of the project if he will follow the advise or not, and also, I think advisors name are put as part of the project just to market the project to raise a good amount but in the inside, we don't know how big their involvement in the development of the project, some advisors are just even get paid for their names but not their job IMO.
Activity: 379
homt.net
September 09, 2019, 06:27:59 PM
i see few of ico campaign project can be successfull because they hired good advisor for their team, in some case of course advisor is needed to build community and make investor more interest to invest in the project they managed, that's why for now job as advisor is just for people with good reputation in blockchain and cryptocurrency ecosystem
Activity: 812
Merit: 114
September 09, 2019, 06:22:12 PM
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
IMO Exchange - Customer First.
September 09, 2019, 06:14:24 PM
Going by what I have seen from top Cryptocurrency advisors like Ian Balina and John McAfee, I would say that Advisors do not aid projects at all because they seem to be after lining their own pockets, unless it's technical advisors in the field of that project that would assist in the actual development of the project.
Activity: 238
Merit: 12
send & receive money instantly,with no hidden cost
September 09, 2019, 05:52:59 PM
Of a fact, the duties played by advisors cannot be taken for granted however not every advice goes in line with the mission of the project and care must be taken then when adhering to issues in terms of that. Advisors play key role as in they help in directing the project to a perfect ending since most of these board of advisors are key factors and knowledgeable in the field of crypto and finance. Honestly, the success of most projects is as a result of their board of advisors which means advisors really help new projects.
copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM
September 09, 2019, 12:29:55 PM
I think there is a certain amount of successful advisors that have already worked with several projects and made them to succeed. Otherwise, an advisor is just another guy that believes he can run a crypto project. Unfortunately, a lot of such advisors fail.
Activity: 714
Merit: 14
September 09, 2019, 11:35:01 AM
Advisors really do have impact on projects , the only issue is if the projects really do listen and make Use of the advise they give to them ! The advisors have the capacity to guide the projects which is why they were appointed ! Majorly they do have impact on the projects
Of course, the role of advisors cannot be underestimated in project development yet not all the advice can be employed especially when it does not go in line with the goals of the project. This is why the advisor and the rest of the team members must reason together, use their discretion and cryptocurrency expertise to run the project as a team. With this, the project can achieve its goals.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 14
September 08, 2019, 06:39:17 PM
I do think advisors help new projects, because the success of the platform will also count as their success thus giving them more prestige to be used by other projects. Also, the advisors needs to be people with great experience and if possible Influence, as it will go a long way in convincing investors to invest while giving them confidence. However, we also need to study the project to know if it worth it or not, as most advisors can be there for short term profitability.
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
September 08, 2019, 06:23:45 PM
Yes I do but in this case has to do with good and experienced advisors. If really the advisors has nothing to offer I don't any project team will be happy employing their services. Now talking about success, some advisors can help draw hype to a project which will of course lead to success while some will add both hype and the neccessary experience so as to ensure long term sustainability; therefore it can be seen that although advisors helps projects to be successful, it comes on different ways.
In conclusion, the advisor must have a big influence on the success of a project in forming a wide market network. Especially well-known advisors who play a role in cryptocurrency will certainly increase investor confidence before joining, moreover the advisor has handled successful projects in the market before.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 104
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
September 08, 2019, 05:55:35 PM
Yes I do but in this case has to do with good and experienced advisors. If really the advisors has nothing to offer I don't any project team will be happy employing their services. Now talking about success, some advisors can help draw hype to a project which will of course lead to success while some will add both hype and the neccessary experience so as to ensure long term sustainability; therefore it can be seen that although advisors helps projects to be successful, it comes on different ways.
Pages:
Jump to: