Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think bitcoins will disapear or become unused? - page 27. (Read 26777 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
The only way I can see this happening is as if there's no demand for bitcoin anymore. I don't think this will happen any time soon though. I think there are too many whales who can make a difference in the bitcoin market. They can make a move and the value will change.
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
If the community can not reach consensus for many things and there is no active development of the infrastructure, bitcoin will disappear. Otherwise, it has great future.
Bitcoin has been hijaaked by Blockstream Players.  We are at the beginning stages of a massive currency war, that involves all of the world's existing global currencies fighting each other, the existing system at early stages of collapse .... and everyone looking at cryptocurrency as the next evolution in global currency.

Within the cryptocurrency (future financial) world there are wars going on also.   The largest and most powerful Crypto is Bitcoin.  Already you've seen attacks by Ethereum and Ripple - but those appear to have been beaten into submission.  Currently you have the following going on and pulling in different directions.....

1) Fiat/Fed Coin development is being pursued

2) R3CEV is building a "Central Clearing House" that could be designed to allow ALL Currencies (Crypto & Otherwise) to live in harmony - but everyone with a brain is aware that the endgame is either that they wind up with Bitcoin as a standard, or they create their own Crypto (see #1 - because that would end up being the Fiat/Fed coin most likely)

3) Blockstream/Core Dev is the "Government" that controls the current version of Bitcoin.  They came to this point through lying misprepresentation and deceit.  They want to become the new Fiat, control the formation of the New Global Financial Structure. 

4) XT/Unlimited is a group of Bitcoin Developers that have recently waged war on Blockstream/Core Dev due to the fact that Blockstream/CoreDev has hijaaked the governance of Bitcoin.  They are launching a "Hard Fork War" on Bitcoin.  If they succeed, then Bitcoin will grow to its full potential close to a more pure path as originally visioned, but possibly not as good as it could be.

5) There is a 5th Player out there... the shadow Creator.  In the end he/IT will prevail and darkness fall on all the earth - for a time.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 721
OK I understand many of you think and hope bitcoin will still exist. Yes, it WAS revolutionary, but today there are many more cryptos.

The problem is that it's not something vital. And when something better just pops, bitcoin could desapear. I know it let's you hide money, make nearly costless transactions, and may more. But the day something with the same or better caracteristics is created and is revolutionary just like bitcoin was, then it is very likely to replace it.

Btw I'm realy happy to have so many answers.  Cheesy
It doesn't work like that.
1) No other cryptocurrency is anywhere close to what bitcoin is. LTC might stay there but the rest are all jokes. And this is important because LTC was created to be able to do something that bitcoin still can't do (faster transactions) but even with that, it didn't manage to bring bitcoin down.
Now ok maybe Ethereum could stay too. I don't really understand Ethereum. But one thing is certain: no alts can bring bitcoin down. The danger is not coming from that direction.
2) No it's not something vital but who cares? Smartphones aren't vital but if I could go back in time and buy some Apple's shares before they made them popular I'd do it. Windows is not vital. Bitcoin never was either. And I can go on and on.
3) Bitcoin is still revolutionary. Or actually, the blockchain is. But it doesn't matter because bitcoin is intrinsically linked to it. And we're only at the beginning of the revolution. Now banks are trying to use it. And I have a good  feeling about the raise in popularity it's going to bring to bitcoin. Think about that early XXth century picture of a car pulled by a horse that people like to post here to make a comparison between that guy and his horse and banks when they're trying to use the blockchain for fiat and imagine for a second: it's early, no one know cars, then you have this guy using a horse to pull a car. You have a carriage. What do you do? You wonder what a car is. You ask the guy what it is. He tells you that it's a new means of transportation. You get interested. You ask a car dealer more questions and he tells you that it's gonna replace horses. Now you get really interested. You buy one, then you buy a petrol tank on the way home and bingo!
That's exactly what banks are doing for bitcoin while trying to use the blockchain for themselves: free advertisement.
Activity: 854
Merit: 256
I don't think so that Bitcoin is going to be useless.It is a unique invention of the past few hundred years which is first step towards cashless society.Our life style is changing very fast so we need new digital currency which can be only Bitcoin as it has proven to be right to fill this.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
No,neither Bitcoin will disappear nor become unused ! Bitcoin has great rich and bright future and this year will boost the acceptance process which will help many users to be able to involved in it.Bitcoin is beginning of new digital era .
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
I dont think this will ever happen.. unless we lose electricity..
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I don't think bitcoins have a good futur. Not much people use them and there is no real use for these people. The problem is that the people that doesn't use it is the majority of the planet. And you, what do you think about this? Will bitcoins have a glorious future or a realy bad one?

I don't think bitcoins will disapear or become unused. you can look the price of bitcoin, keep increasing. that's why i think people will looking for bitcoin if the price keep increase.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
OK I understand many of you think and hope bitcoin will still exist. Yes, it WAS revolutionary, but today there are many more cryptos.

The problem is that it's not something vital. And when something better just pops, bitcoin could desapear. I know it let's you hide money, make nearly costless transactions, and may more. But the day something with the same or better caracteristics is created and is revolutionary just like bitcoin was, then it is very likely to replace it.

Btw I'm realy happy to have so many answers.  Cheesy

You say that there is a lot of other cryptocurrencies, but it was been already proven by the past, this is not because you have a lot of fancy features that you are popular and used and thus valuable. What make Bitcoin strong is that it is the first cryptocurrency (just this would be enough) and that it is well-known (in a quite relative way). Most of people around the world aren't even aware of Bitcoin, so don't try to get them on the boat by advertising shitcoin#3617.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

Btw I'm realy happy to have so many answers.  Cheesy
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I doubt bitcoin will be unused because I will still be using it  Grin but seriously bitcoin is the future to digital payments.
I doubt that will happen, I think BTC has a huge potential.
Unless bitcoin stops evolving it will never become unused in my opinion. I think people will continue to adopt the use of it which will then drive companies like amazon and netflix to start accepting bitcoin which will further drive the adoption of bitcoin. Just think if you're a company the size of amazon and are charged 2-3% anytime someone purchases a product. If bitcoin could drive that cost down to 1% or less think about the possible savings for the company.

Do I think bitcoin will be the digital currency of the future. Who knows. It's currently set-up in a place to make that happen, but in 10 years if it doesn't continue to improve it could be left behind for a newer more "improved" digital currency.
Activity: 714
Merit: 528
Do you think bitcoins will disapear or become unused?
In my opinion:
Bitcoin will never reach mainstream adoption.

But there will always be some (relatively) small number of people using it... 10, 20, 30, 40, 50... years from now little to nothing will change.

If the average people are paid in fiat currency, then why should they bother with Bitcoin... It is so confusing, complex. It is way easier to shop with your bank debit card.

It is right I use Bitcoin, but I just use it because I was able to transfer my funds with less costs and because I am being paid in Bitcoins. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

But Bitcoin is revolutionary, and blah, blah, blah...
Yea, it is. And I wanted it to succeed like many people think here... But it will never happen.

It will probably remain used by this same, relatively small number of people who are just thinking about locking their so valuable private keys in a dark room and cheer for a price increase.

End of opinion.
You will be surprised that there are many people nowadays that are becoming more concerned about their privacy, and one of the main point of Bitcoin is the privacy itself Wink

Also, try to watch Bitcoin: The end of money as we know it, that films explains really good and actually logical to me at least
Give it a try, no harm's in trying Tongue
Activity: 448
Bitcoin's usage will only keep going up as society becomes more and more monitored by governments as they get rid of physical cash. By then Bitcoin will be 100.000+USD and an insanely valuable asset since it will be the only way to escape tyrannical gov control.

True and in this way we will see bitcoin become more and more popular. When there is a moment of real value and usage there is now way
bitcoin could dissapear, since nobody would stop using something that has value.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
i don't think that bitcoin will disapeer any time soon only if somekind world disaster will make it disapear like WW3 or something like that
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Bitcoin's usage will only keep going up as society becomes more and more monitored by governments as they get rid of physical cash. By then Bitcoin will be 100.000+USD and an insanely valuable asset since it will be the only way to escape tyrannical gov control.
Activity: 406
If a another crypto coin will become popular then bitcoin, then yes bitcoin will die a slow death like most altcoins.

Question is though, which altcoin could even try to compete with bitcoin. I've seen none.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
I think it has to get past its growing pains before it can be considered a fixture. Right now most of the world doesn't care and doesn't believe they need it. It's only got so much time to make its case. The ideas it's created will live on forever but not very many people will care if bitcoin itself fades away with the amount of users it has now.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
As satoshi has said bitcoin or will be the most cryptocurrency used, considered as the top digital currency.
Or bitcoin will be shut down, but for now as the technology is going on so fast there is a good future for bitcoin
Activity: 165
may be if gorverment taking action .
Pages:
Jump to: