Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think bitcoins will disapear or become unused? - page 28. (Read 26777 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
I have some doubt deep into my mind that bitcoin may get disappear or get dumped in future when technology get more advanced and computer which can solve difficult problems within seconds. But i dont think it will be sooner or within 10-20 years, so i will keep on trusting bitcoin.

Bitcoin has nothing to do with the solutions of various problems and even less with the difficulty or the time needed to solve this kind of every other kind of problems. There is not normal logic used in your post. Because the technology will be for sure more advanced but even bitcoin will become better being the first invention of the technology which will change all the others. It is the first of a new race. There must be much other after it (as are already) but bitcoin will have (with big probability) always the first place. Not a case is the main point of reference for all the cryptos in existence.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
I don't think it will become obsolete. The infrastructure and purpose are innovating the complete industry.

Which is why so many companies; banks, cc companies etc are so scared.
legendary
Activity: 994
I have some doubt deep into my mind that bitcoin may get disappear or get dumped in future when technology get more advanced and computer which can solve difficult problems within seconds. But i dont think it will be sooner or within 10-20 years, so i will keep on trusting bitcoin.
Activity: 616
Never say never, but for me it is very unlikely that something like this will happen.
Remember the market cap is billions, so much money won't just dissapear..
Activity: 658
it cant happen in my opinion if everything will keep on going normally and countries will not start banning cryptocurrencies in order to save the banks if it will not happen bitcoin is safe and i believe that its price will keep on increasing and the community of bitcoin will keep getting bigger
Activity: 631
bitcoin will dissapeared when satoshi appeared to the public.
so the answer same as it will not happened in this short time like 5-10 years bitcoin will still exist.

Bitcoins will exist for many years but we are not sure at what price it will reach and be stable as there would be many other currencies would be entering into market and bitcoins will surely face a competition from them but it will not totally disappeared, It would be in market for many years might become useless or people will switch to other better currency as compared to bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
= jasad =
bitcoin will dissapeared when satoshi appeared to the public.
so the answer same as it will not happened in this short time like 5-10 years bitcoin will still exist.
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
Do you think bitcoins will disapear or become unused?
In my opinion:
Bitcoin will never reach mainstream adoption.

But there will always be some (relatively) small number of people using it... 10, 20, 30, 40, 50... years from now little to nothing will change.

If the average people are paid in fiat currency, then why should they bother with Bitcoin... It is so confusing, complex. It is way easier to shop with your bank debit card.

It is right I use Bitcoin, but I just use it because I was able to transfer my funds with less costs and because I am being paid in Bitcoins. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

But Bitcoin is revolutionary, and blah, blah, blah...
Yea, it is. And I wanted it to succeed like many people think here... But it will never happen.

It will probably remain used by this same, relatively small number of people who are just thinking about locking their so valuable private keys in a dark room and cheer for a price increase.

End of opinion.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
No, i think they will become more and more used.
Activity: 700
I think bitcoin is receiving the use it receives today for good reasons. It's decentralization and and the fact that it's so robust and irreversible makes it good for many payments related to online services. But if people were to lose interest, mining started shrinking, then the system would start becoming more fragile. I don't think bitcoin will disappear but it could surely end up being "abadonware" in a state that other cryptocoins have ended up as well. Bitcoin's the least likely victim right now though, given that it has the biggest user base.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
i think bitcoin will be disapear..
over time, will be popping other coins which perhaps more potential than bitcoin
We've seen this with other coins in the past though, each one claiming to do x or y, and yet failing to be better than Bitcoin in that way. They simply don't get used, and due to the following Bitcoin has, and the reputation alts have, at this point, very few people are going to be willing to pioneer a new altcoin and actually accept it as a for of payment. After the huge 2014 craze where everyone was making their own altcoin, alts are more though of as either pump n dumps or jokes, and very few retain any legitimacy.

You have to think though, at the same time when a lot of devs were issuing out new altcoins during 2014, they were just simply renaming bitcoins "code" in a way and branding it with something stupid (i.e. dogecoin). Sure they may "change the rules" with the block and how many coins are distributed, but that doesn't mean that they pioneered anything legit.

The only thing that I have seen that has any real potential is the coins that are in the cryptonote field that gives users more anonymity than bitcoin.  Even though some coins are more sketchily produced with premines, there are some out there that actually have a chance in terms of gaining traction and users.

There was another "coin" that I saw that was eMunie, that doesn't necessarily use a blockchain, but rather a block"tree" if you will.  It allows insanely faster transaction per second speeds and is currently still under development.  I don't think they are even going to release the coin for adoption, until they get transactions going at the current speeds that visa or any other brand name card system has.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
over time, will be popping other coins which perhaps more potential than bitcoin
We've seen this with other coins in the past though, each one claiming to do x or y, and yet failing to be better than Bitcoin in that way. They simply don't get used, and due to the following Bitcoin has, and the reputation alts have, at this point, very few people are going to be willing to pioneer a new altcoin and actually accept it as a for of payment. After the huge 2014 craze where everyone was making their own altcoin, alts are more though of as either pump n dumps or jokes, and very few retain any legitimacy.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I think bitcoins have a good futur. not much people use them and there is no real use for these people. The problem is that the people that doesn't use it is the majority of the planet. And you, what do you think about this? Will bitcoins have a glorious future?

I don't think it's possible.

It's impossible for the entire network to disappear as it's P2P, and there's a tiny tiny chance of it becoming unused.
Activity: 294
Activity: 476
I dont think bitcoin will disappear. The network have grown, widely spread and its part of the economy now. Im sure after 10 years we will see all our speculation regarding in future of bitcoin.
yeah I think so, no one can stem bitcoin to be the best currency. the prohibition of government is not an issue at this time
bitcoin was still running
Activity: 658
I don't think it's possible for this to happen.
It's only possible if governments ban bitcoin completely to the point where you can't use it anymore.

in some countries already banned bitcoin, but now bitcoin is still used and is still alive, the point is not about the government ban bro

The only country that I know has banned bitcoin is Russia. You will go to prison if you use it. No other country has similar ban.
nope, no law will be imprisoned if you use bitcoin, you're wrong, russia only restrict the use of bitcoin in the country,
almost all countries ban bitcoin, because too anonymous
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015
I dont think bitcoin will disappear. The network have grown, widely spread and its part of the economy now. Im sure after 10 years we will see all our speculation regarding in future of bitcoin.
Activity: 476
I don't think bitcoin will be unused, as long as there's demand for bitcoin people will keep using it Cheesy
Though, if there's another cryptocurrency in the future that have more features compared to Bitcoin and people find it useful the might move away from Bitcoin to that Cryptocurrency Sad
But i do not see that happen in the future Tongue
it really all depends on the wearer. is a scary competitor is another coin that has the technology and features that are better,
I see a coin that has more features is on etherum
legendary
Activity: 1652
honestly i was never thinking bitcoin will disappear or become unused might be some countries banned bitcoin but it won't stop people using bitcoin and i wish in the future bitcoin will be accepted in all countries and recognized as the new currency
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
Bitcoin will never be broken because we use this as ecurrency and payment for a job or anything..
And also we use it for our real life to buy foods or to pay for bills and also it uses it for any company
thats why bitcoin will never broken..
Pages:
Jump to: