Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"? - page 34. (Read 79952 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 265
My plans...

Bitcoin will have already served its role as the onramp to unregulated decentralization technology innovation.

Any non-fungible cryptocurrency with white and black lists is a permissioned ledger by default.  As I said before, the govt is going to create an alias system wrapper that goes around bitcoin and force everyone to use it by law or be considered a criminal launderer.  They will then eventually do the old switcharoo and divorce the alias system tokens away from representing bitcoin into being IMF coin or something.  It's far more likely the govt co-opts bitcoin and turns it into the cashless society slave system rather than it acting as an "on-ramp" to freedom.

It's plain as day to see what's going to happen with laws like this coming out in Japan:

"Only approved virtual currencies by the authority are considered legitimate and can be traded, sold or promoted to public"

This means govt is the legal arbitrator of forks.  The US, UK, and EU will hold a meeting and all collude saying only the fork with chain anchor or worse is the real bitcoin!  Since they can easily control the exchanges and mining pools, people will be forced to use that fork or have their coins become worthless.  The only reason bitcoin isn't illegal is because they know how easy it is to co-opt and morph it into their cashless society control grid.

Implausible when we will have anonymity on microtransactions. My conjecture is the governments can't afford to spend $1000s tracking down every $0.0001 transaction.

Although we will never have absolute iron-clad anonymity, since most people won't be doing anything illegal (e.g. sending an automated $0.0001 microtransaction when they click read a blog or listen to some music) and the coming Internet I am going to create will run on microtransactions, the governments won't be able to outlaw microtransactions. Will simply be too essential to the economy and popular to outlaw.

And privacy is important to everyone. Who wants the government snooping in your legal private affairs. We know that TSA agents were caught masturbating to the naked images from their airport body scanners.
Someone else is asking how plausible is $47,000 per BTC:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17930022
I would need BTC to go at least 40K per coin to get rich and by rich I mean to have at least 1 million inflation adjusted USD.

I don't have many other holdings than that unfortunately, and I don't see BTC reaching 40k anytime soon...

So unless you can deliver something that goes to the moon, I don't see any other ways to get rich. I don't feel like gambling with my bitcoin holdings in the altcoin market specially right now when clearly BTC is showing its dominance and continues growing.

Agreed I would be very selective about altcoin speculations right now, because BTC is poised to head towards $2500 - $5000 over the next couple of years (maybe sooner).

Well if I can get my productivity up so I can proceed with my plans, there is going to be another way to earn money with my project other than just as an investor. Given the size of your holdings, you might find that activity worth your time investment. We'll see as we get closer to it being a reality.

For diversification of risk, you don't want to dump more than say 10 - 15% of your BTC into any one altcoin speculation. Then if you could match that with earnings, so you have 20 - 30% position, then meeting your goal is within the realm of reasonable possibility (not Lotto odds).

But we are too far and too many ifs right now. I am very frustrated that I can't just go full speed right now. Well actually I have some energy tonight so I better get off BCT and use it to do some technical work. The technical discussion between @keean and myself continued:

https://github.com/keean/zenscript/issues/17#issuecomment-281411660

I haven't been able to keep up with analyzing new projects that have become prominent or announced since December. I've also been of the mindset to not comment on other projects too much, as it invites retribution cat fights and trolling which wastes my scarce time. I don't rule out the possibility of some other group making the next big altcoin. Keep your eyes open. I doubt hype and slick marketing is going to work again. We've already had Ethereum, etc... Probably will need to be a project with substantial technological and adoption paradigm meat.

Edit: I am really itching to get rolling full speed. It is maddening. I want this illness finally cured. Been several years of coping and waiting to get back to what I know I can do when healthy. Grrrr.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
I need to fix my thyroid status, finding the root causes is too hard so realistically

Stabilize it. Get rich. Hire the best doctors at a university research hospital (in a first world country) and isolate the root cause. Live an awesome life thereafter. Helps to have a goal.

I would need indeed to get rich if I ever wanted to really find out my particular problem, since the amount of bloodwork and other tests that would need be done overtime require that you are rich, so im stuck with very basic resources.

I would need BTC to go at least 40K per coin to get rich and by rich I mean to have at least 1 million inflation adjusted USD.

I don't have many other holdings than that unfortunately, and I don't see BTC reaching 40k anytime soon...

So unless you can deliver something that goes to the moon, I don't see any other ways to get rich. I don't feel like gambling with my bitcoin holdings in the altcoin market specially right now when clearly BTC is showing its dominance and continues growing.
I need to fix my thyroid status, finding the root causes is too hard so realistically

Stabilize it. Get rich. Hire the best doctors at a university research hospital (in a first world country) and isolate the root cause. Live an awesome life thereafter. Helps to have a goal.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/102964992706/goals-vs-systems

When your systems are already on red alert, you have to switch to immediate goals, stabilize then get back to long-term wellness strategies once you've survived the crisis.

My system lately is learning how to stay calm, motivated, upbeat, and hyperdriven despite being in a constant state of unwellness, stress, and crisis. This requires loving pain. Loving hell week in football in Louisiana in August. I learn to get pleasure strokes from the simplest things such as the taste of beef and even the smallest technological insight or accomplishment. The system of climbing out of a crisis. Staying productive helps me a lot, so the past weeks on meds has been maddening (because my productivity reduced to nearly a standstill). So I learned to love beef even more.

I do think it is very important while in crisis to examine how the systems went awry to make sure it doesn't happen again when and if get back to normal systems mode. I have been expending effort on that during this downtime on meds, which is what many of my non-technological posts have been about the past few weeks. Been trying to sort out the life mistakes I made which got me into this predicament. My other non-technological posts lately have been about trying to sort out the societal changes accelerating at this critical juncture in human history as we shift from an Industrial Age economy and culture to a Knowledge Age. The point is to get my plans and systems strategies aligned with where the world is headed as it affects me.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/102964992706/goals-vs-systems

Activity: 335
Merit: 250
Another example (written tonight at midnight) of my computer science capabilities:

https://github.com/keean/zenscript/issues/17#issuecomment-281376943

I am slightly alert tonight after eating two beef hamburgers at 4pm and a beef soup at 8pm (hungry again now at midnight). So maybe shifting my dosage to evenings will have me more alert during the day. Seems my alertness is coming at late night, because I am dosing at early morning. The meds seems to be mostly active for about 8 - 12 hours before waning in blood concentration.

Sounds like you're back at it. When can I buy!?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

This seems like solid progress to me lol. Im glad I wasn't born in the 18th century, those big ass pants look fucking stupid.

About health, my temperature is cold, I don't tolerate cold very easily, I need to fix my thyroid status, finding the root causes is too hard so realistically I can only aim to patch with t4/t3 meds, maybe i should up calories too but its too difficult to know how many calories you really eat since measurements are inaccurate and also it stresses me to keep track of it. Im low bodyfat naturally so i dont have problems to keep low bodyfat and the unoptimal thyroid luckily doesn't make me a fat mess, I always have visible abs.

Once I make some tests and check some things I will go back to gym and see how my body reacts, I have been taking a long break.
Another example (written tonight at midnight) of my computer science capabilities:

https://github.com/keean/zenscript/issues/17#issuecomment-281376943

I am slightly alert tonight after eating two beef hamburgers at 4pm and a beef soup at 8pm (hungry again now at midnight). So maybe shifting my dosage to evenings will have me more alert during the day. Seems my alertness is coming at late night, because I am dosing at early morning. The meds seems to be mostly active for about 8 - 12 hours before waning in blood concentration.
Doing some research on the statistics, it appears that the Isoniazid is as likely a cause of the fatigue, and I must take that for another 19.5 weeks:

http://factmed.com/study-ETHAMBUTOL-causing-FATIGUE.php
http://factmed.com/study-ISONIAZID-causing-FATIGUE.php
http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/isoniazid/exhaustion,%20fatigue,%20lethargy,%20tiredness,%20weariness/

The recommendation is to take it before bedtime to try to sleep through the fatigue:

Fatigue Usually due to INH. Take medicine about 2 hours before bedtime
so can sleep through the symptoms.

I hope my TB is not MDR because it requires up to 2 years of injections and very horrible antibiotics at very extreme doses:

https://drtbnetwork.org/37-duration-mdr-tb-treatment

And diagnosing MDR and confirming negative culture in extra-pulmonary TB and my likely Peritoneal TB can be much more complicated:

https://drtbnetwork.org/110-diagnosis-extrapulmonary-mdr-tb

My pulmonary TB was only in left lung and very minimal on my xray, yet my ongoing symptoms over the past years indicate it had disseminated into my gut.

The research I did shows a 14.3% incidence of MDR to Isoniazid and Rifampicin in the Philippines in terms of hospital admitted active cases. And for Polyresistance to Ethambutol and Pyrazinamide is roughly 0.5% in the Philippines. The thing is that I was exposed to a lot of filipinos over the years, so it is possible I could have been infected more than once, so then I don't know to what extent the odds of my having a MDR strain that really requires I pursue a MDR treatment regimen.

Also I am somewhat confused as I had originally thought that if resistance to Isoniazid and Rifampicin was found but not resistance to Ethambutol and Pyrazinamide, then the four drugs would be prescribed, but apparently I am reading now that instead must do the injections regimen! Ughh. Yuck.

So really we have no assurances that I am near the end of this. I might be in for a horrible fight over a couple of years.

So I really need to find some way to become productive while under treatment.

I also really need to earn enough money to get proper Western quality diagnostics in terms of a CT scan and then samples taken and cultures done, to determine the progress of treatment and whether I have a MDR strain. None of this I can afford. I have no health insurance.

A group of guys offered to fund my health care in a return trip to Singapore, but I was so sick in January so I decided to initiate treatment immediately. I thought that it was impossible to culture for drug susceptibility after initiating treatment, but apparently follow up cultures can also help determine treatment progress but I am not confident that culture negative from my lung is a negative for my gut and we have no baseline culture from the gut before initiating treatment. This is complicated now. I feel improved on current treatment regimen other than the fatigue which is preventing me from working, but that doesn't mean I don't have MDR strain and couldn't suffer relapse after finishing the next 19.5 weeks of treatment.

I probably need to follow up in Singapore or other Western country. I wasn't totally comfortable with accepting funds from those guys, although I appreciate the offer. I am confused as to what I should do now. But I will probably try switching my dosage from the mornings to evenings and see if that improves my ability to work.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
when on massive antibiotics taking probiotics can sometimes help with your guts functioning..

Ethambutol is not like a typical antibiotic you have taken. Read up on it.

my mistake, just read up on it. pretty potent stuff. im sure the side effects suck a lot. it will be worth it when you come out the other side well.

when i was laid up for a year with a broken back (now fused with 90% of my mobility back) i had a nook (the original e-ink one that the display looks like paper), an ancient (even by the standards of the day) notebook and plenty of real books by the bedside. friends hit the library every few days for me for books as well as bringing food and companionship.

body may of been wrecked but i at least didnt want my mind to atrophy too. hence, no TV for me, not that there was much worth watching then (or even now unless you count the science and history channels).

incidentally my cat loved me being in bed for months on end except for the hour walks i needed to take several times a day. curled up by my neck and slept more or less continuously. never saw a cat sleep so much in my life Smiley
when on massive antibiotics taking probiotics can sometimes help with your guts functioning..

Ethambutol is not like a typical antibiotic you have taken. Read up on it. My digestion is functioning very well by now. The anti-TB drugs are very toxic and for example they deplete the body of b vitamins causing neuropathy. So they mess up the energy level and the brain. I take a b complex supplement, but this doesn't entirely counteract the toxic effects.

My intellect is still there, but I can't keep it turned on for any length of time. I often lack the energy to get my memory turned on and lose memory of something specific that I can vaguely remember that I know but can't pull out its name from memory. Ditto technological facts I know I know. Even often when I am writing a sentence, I don't have the energy to keep my eyes focused on what I am writing and I lose consciousness of what I am writing (sort of like coming in and out of consciousness or focus sporadically every few seconds). The energy just isn't there to keep up normal function. I need to go lay down and go into dreamland most of the time.

Right at this moment, I am charged with a burst of energy because I was just watching a boxing video. But I will energy crash after my adrenalin rush subsides.

I should be okay after I stop the meds, hopefully in 24 days after stopping the two most toxic of the 4 drugs.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
glad youre feeling a bit better.

btw if this is your volume of typing while under the weather.. well i cant help but wonder what kind of keyboard you use when youre fully up to speed.. is your plank water cooled by any chance? or do you just replace em when the keycaps melt off from the friction?

anyway looking foreword to more info on your project, and wishing you a speedy recovery.
I am doing a little bit of technical work but frankly I have delirium while I am writing:

https://github.com/keean/zenscript/issues/17#issuecomment-280900711

Three consecutive posts were collectively very funny:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17906350

The meds are still making me quite fatigued. 24 more days to go on the 4 antibiotics. I think it is the Ethambutol that is making me so tired, as it is listed on Wikipedia as one of of the common side effects. I feel so fatigued that I can't concentrate well enough to do any sustained mental activity, such as actually loading up a lot of concepts in my head and code around those concepts. I can barely still write a sentence without having typos. This is very frustrating because time is slipping away and my finances will be getting precarious soon. I haven't sold any of the BTC yet (from most recent angel investors who financed my medical trip to Singapore), but will need to this week because the bills have piled up. I am desperately trying to work, but I find I really should just sleep all the time (productivity is very low when trying to work). I've had some bursts of energy but not consistent. I did run 2X today for a total of 3.5 kms and 4 x 80m sprints (I haven't had much energy to run or do any exercise since I started treatment Jan. 21). I can say that my abdominal pain is very muted. I only felt something very, very slight on the sprints not during the 2.5 km run at all. So my body is definitely being cured, but these antibiotics are so exhausting. 24 more days, but I need to work now. After 24 days, I stop the Ethambutol and Pyrazinamide, and continue only the Isonazid and Rifampicin for 18 more weeks. I sure hope the change to the 2 antibiotics regimen in March will give me back my normal energy level.
Hmmm...I wonder if @iamnotback really has something unique up his sleeve?
In the meantime, feel free to read my short introduction post here to get the gist of the article:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17781997

Sorry I don't think you've achieved anything:

The general idea is to have special accounts (minter accounts) as a second token. In contrast to regular accounts which can be created for free, a minter account pays out interests on its current balance. These accounts cannot be created at will, but are given to the minters who successfully build blocks. Such “child” accounts, having a market value, can then be sold to new owners. As the interests are paid to every minter account (not just the one that creates the block), a single entity has no incentive to own more than one account, while the trade with existing accounts is strongly disincentivized.

The blockchain is exclusively built by the owners of minter accounts whose number will grow over time. As a consequence, the consensus gets increasingly decentralized and secure. A 51% attacker would not only have to pay a lot of money to get enough accounts, but he would also need to spend a lot of time (in fact, he would have to keep buying child accounts for a period of time corresponding to the current age of the blockchain).

Your assumptions about any second token not becoming centralized are incorrect.

Sorry you are wasting your time because of the inviolable bolded sentence below, otherwise stated as any resource will always become power-law or exponentially distributed:

The money supply will always be power-law or exponentially distributed for any resource. I document this claim with some references in my whitepaper.

What my design posits to do is maintain the consensus algorithm decentralized regardless. They key is finding a way to eliminate a Sybil attack without relying on a resource that becomes centralized. And to remove advantages due to economies-of-scale in the economics that impact the consensus algorithm and its long-term stability. I believe I have achieved it theoretically via separation-of-concerns. In other words, I slice-and-dice the responsibilities for achieving consensus such that no party has economy-of-scale incentives. I do this with a feedback mechanism, which I view as analogous to Byzantine fault detection. The design needs peer review, so assume a flaw may be found.

Please keep your replies on your design in your thread, not here.
Activity: 149
Merit: 103
Hey alkan, thanks for trying to update me on your progress but my (detailed technical) cognitive energy is very limited right now and my priorities are now on implementation and so I don't have time to go digging in long documents to understand every person's conceptual ideas. Any tl;dr? Preferably a long technical document should start with a short abstract summarizing the conceptual contents.
Hey iamnotback, you're absolutely right that I should have started my article with an abstract (I'm going to add one soon).
In the meantime, feel free to read my short introduction post here to get the gist of the article:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17781997

Here's a post about my concept made by Phil Raymond:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/distributed-objective-consensus-beyond-pow-pos-phil-raymond

Pages:
Jump to: