Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"? - page 31. (Read 79954 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005
Quote from: AnonyMint's OpenShare whitepaper draft
Even if one concluded the transacting participants only have an altruist-prime incentive to do validation spot checks, it is not an undersupplied public good[^subjectivity] because there is no practical incentive, nor plausible way to verify and pay participants, to not do it. It seems plausible that there is the additional motivation of jealously (aka “crab bucket mentality”[^crab-mentality]) in that any participant or faction wouldn’t want to allow any other participant or faction to be able to cheat to obtain an (especially non-meritorious) advantage. A generative essence that seems to drive the viability of decentralized systems is that if no factions are powerful enough to overcome the checks of the other factions, then the resultant Nash equilibrium is a stalemate that preserves decentralization and meritocracy, which is the antithesis of a power vacuum such as is otherwise the case with politics and democracy.[^ESR] [^voting]

Byzantine fault tolerance allows individual nodes to assess whether another node is behaving out of the ordinary in relation to the rest of the network and thus ignore that misbehaving node?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
I don't know if the guy really can make the bitcoin killer but it seems he thinks he can at least and will try to invest my last few bitcoins into it as a last hoorah to the idea of crypto.

After reading though his posts I kind of have a non gay bro crush due to his political views. My biggest sadness part from losing all my coins nearly investing in projects that turned out to be scams is there is very little subversiveness in crypto anymore. My pet hate is when people desperately discuss when and how Bitcoin can become 'legitimate' and accepted by the 'mainstream'  Screw that I want to rip the system a new one to the point the Federal Reserve leaders are begging on the streets for gold pieces.

I believe Satoshi was always thinking about the system as toxic and was thinking how to remodel it in a more Libertarian anti Fed system but I feel like he chickened out somewhat..who knows though.

Crypto needs more Subversion and more cowbell IMO.

Luckily I didn't waste my bitcoin on tons of altcoins. As a noob I lost some money on quarkcoin back then, the super strong multi hashing algo and stuff looked cool for a noob back then, also that guy Max Keiser and Bill Still shilled it... fuckers.
Other than that, I didn't lose any money, I learned the altcoin scam lesson fast. I am willing to give this guy a chance and i'll risk some of my BTC, but not a lot. If it is really a bitcoin killer, by buying 100 bucks it would be enough to retire.
I guess we will have a lot of time to buy cheap since it will probably stay under the radar for a while in marginal exchanges before the token is introduced in the big P.

Note I am hoping someone more skilled than myself at the task of technical writing, could rewrite the whitepaper before it is published. Also simply because writing it and thus rewriting is a huge distracting task and I have far too much to do.

You must take a lot of care when you do this, don't send it to the wrong person and instead of doing a re-writing this person releases it as his own work.. i guess you know this.

If I really had a "bitcoin killer" in the form of a whitepaper i would be too paranoid to send to anyone to be honest.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
Thought I'd drop a post of support seeing as I'm stopping by....haven't been on for a while as I've been traveling a lot.

Glad to see that you're making progress and more importantly, that your health seems to be under more control now.  I imagine it's VERY frustrating when you want to work but are unable.  Keep it up though dude, one way or another your persistence will surely pay off.

Time is ticking though, every day is another day that the current offerings get a little more sticky...so you (and me) better get a move on!

Any forecasts on when you'll have a PoC?
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
Thanks @Fatoshi. I am a mix of pragmatic and rebellious. Well I won't be doing an ICO, so if and when you decide to buy some tokens, then it will be for an open source project that is already live. And let's hope we can do something that really makes an impact on more people than Bitcoin has thus far. And that means hopefully it will be the product of the effect and reward of a lot of hyper talented and motivated people, not just myself. I am just the initial force to get the snowball rolling downhill.

The key is making it scalable while maintaining decentralization (which no one else knows how to do, even Lightning Networks won't scale decentralized). And making the blockchain open so anyone can build stuff on the blockchain (which then should drive the number of developers on the open source blockchain project as well). And a monetization model that doesn't require all the app vendors to create their own unwanted tokens as in the current Ethereum "smart contract' ICO craze. And more...

Afaics, my blockchain and consensus design eliminates the huge sunk costs of PoW mining farms, while being more secure. It doesn't have the nothing-at-stake problems of PoS nor the "can get stuck requiring a hard fork" problems of Byzantine agreement (e.g. TenderMint/Cosmos, Byteball, Ethereum's Casper, etc). Again I can't easily summarize this design, because the devil is in the details, so you'll just have to read the whitepaper whenever I decide to publish it.

Here is a hint from the whitepaper and probably the most significant hint I've ever released:

Quote from: AnonyMint's OpenShare whitepaper draft
Even if one concluded the transacting participants only have an altruist-prime incentive to do validation spot checks, it is not an undersupplied public good[^subjectivity] because there is no practical incentive, nor plausible way to verify and pay participants, to not do it. It seems plausible that there is the additional motivation of jealously (aka “crab bucket mentality”[^crab-mentality]) in that any participant or faction wouldn’t want to allow any other participant or faction to be able to cheat to obtain an (especially non-meritorious) advantage. A generative essence that seems to drive the viability of decentralized systems is that if no factions are powerful enough to overcome the checks of the other factions, then the resultant Nash equilibrium is a stalemate that preserves decentralization and meritocracy, which is the antithesis of a power vacuum such as is otherwise the case with politics and democracy.[^ESR] [^voting]

Note I am hoping someone more skilled than myself at the task of technical writing, could rewrite the whitepaper before it is published. Also simply because writing it and thus rewriting is a huge distracting task and I have far too much to do.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
I don't know if the guy really can make the bitcoin killer but it seems he thinks he can at least and will try to invest my last few bitcoins into it as a last hoorah to the idea of crypto.

After reading though his posts I kind of have a non gay bro crush due to his political views. My biggest sadness part from losing all my coins nearly investing in projects that turned out to be scams is there is very little subversiveness in crypto anymore. My pet hate is when people desperately discuss when and how Bitcoin can become 'legitimate' and accepted by the 'mainstream'  Screw that I want to rip the system a new one to the point the Federal Reserve leaders are begging on the streets for gold pieces.

I believe Satoshi was always thinking about the system as toxic and was thinking how to remodel it in a more Libertarian anti Fed system but I feel like he chickened out somewhat..who knows though.

Crypto needs more Subversion and more cowbell IMO.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 2054
crypto increasingly attractive in the world. increasingly tempted people will easily get the money, the more easily cryptocurrency has a high price. and no doubt some of the world intelgent will also intervene? .
The consensus algorithm and other aspects of my blockchain such as the sub-second instant confirmations, unbounded scaling/TPS, no block size issue, and eliminating PoW and PoS (and any reliance on the flaws of Byzantine agreement), while retaining the key desirable attributes of PoW is too complex to summarize. I wrote to my angel investor today:

The design has too many facets to summarize. I attempted to start writing a summary and realized it hinges on too many details and the summary doesn't make sense without all the details.

No coin out there has a chance of being relevant against this design. I am feeling quite good after re-reading the key chapter 7 of my whitepaper again. I really did a good job in Q4 2016 of writing that down. If I get hit by a bus, my angel investor can make sure the design is not lost.
Afaik, side-chains can't be secured:

Yeah and I posit that @gmaxwell is going to be the spectator.

Side-chains are fundamentally flawed and can't ever work securely. Lightning Networks can't work decentralized.

Side chains are constrained by a fixed number of coins. As far as I can see, without an emission of new coins there is no practical way to secure them with one notable exception; namely demurrage. The credit for this belongs to Freicoin http://freico.in/

I know this is controversial but it can work, particularly for a side chain whose purpose is transactions as opposed to wealth storage. A 1% per year demurrage rate is not a real issue if the velocity of money is say 2 weeks.

The problem is incentivizing mining, because merge mining is insecure, side-chains can't create coins, and transaction fees are not incentives compatible in PoW.

How do you envision demurrage incentivizing sufficient mining to secure a PoW side-chain?

Secondly merge-mining suffers from 50+% attacks if the chain being merge-mined doesn’t have a majority of total hashing power... which kinda defeats the point if we're worried about miner scalability.

Follow-up:

The problem is incentivizing mining, because merge mining is insecure, side-chains can't create coins, and transaction fees are not incentives compatible in PoW.

How do you envision demurrage incentivizing sufficient mining to secure a PoW side-chain?

A 1% per year demurrage rate can produce a 1% per year block reward while keeping the number of coins in the side chain constant. The demurrage amount and block reward are adjusted continuously to reflect the number of coins in the side chain. In Freicoin demurrage is used to compensate the miners while keeping the number of coins constant. Their demurrage rate I believe is higher.

1% is approximately the tail emission of Monero (0.6 XMR per 2 min block). This roughly corresponds to 3 XBT per 10 min block for Bitcoin.

Afaics, this is not secure for reasons:

1. The block reward is much smaller than the rewards on the main chain, thus unless the side-chain uses a different mining algorithm, then the main chains miners can 51% (or 33% selfish-mining) attack the side-chain. To incentivize sufficient security, then side-chains will not be competitive with coins kept on the main chain (or a different consensus algorithm which doesn't need to spend so much on security as PoW does, which is my yet unpublished design because of lower sunk costs as compared to PoW).

2. An attacker can yoyo the difficulty of the side-chain by moving many coins into and out of the side-chain. Difficulty attacks either leave a coin with periods of being very slow to confirm or enable the attacker to 51% attack during periods of very low difficulty.

There are likely other problems. Side-chains are simply a broken concept.

That was the original choice but forced me to employ
 tags on all promotional code samples on the non-existent ICO-stage website, which was deemed to be excessive complexity tacked on an otherwise elegant, simple language. We just didn't think speculators would get quite the same FOMO effect without the 
Activity: 473
Merit: 250
Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol
Proof-of-Non-existence is still in the design:

Re: Superior off-chain anonymity?

And the programming language:

Operation ShitCODE Cleanout.

Enough of these C++ coins.

All coins not coded in Brainfuck are hereby on notice of their imminent demise.

Only one of the above quotes is serious.

Edit:

Edit: for the small community anonymity wherein you trust your community but not the State, then much better you never send your transactions to the blockchain, only the hash. Then even if the State has your IP address or a powerful quantum computer it won't help them.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
On the other hand, im more interested in making more BTC rather han making more USD, and im mad that im not holding Dash, but then again, of all the altcoins.. who would have known Dash would fly?

You have to fight FOMO. You know if you buy now it will drop like a rock ... lol.

That is what I did. I researched, but nobody was able to tell me a real justification of such big pump, so I didn't buy, it was obviously going to correct, people wants to go BTC before the ETF deadline just in case it gets passed and we see a massive price increase.

Anyway Dash related...: what do you think about incentive to people running nodes? Should people running nodes do it in an altruistic fashion (ultimately they are getting "rewarded" by making their holdings stronger, since they are strengthening the network) or should people running nodes get paid directly too like miners?

Can this create some gameable scenarios? Im sure satoshi thought about it but decided to not give people running nodes money for doing so for a reason.
 In bitcoin, what would happen if people running nodes got paid some % based on something? (I don't know how this could be done, specially once all coins ever are mined, without turning it into an inflationary currency, since nodes don't process transactions). I hope this makes sense.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
@iamnotback / Shelby

This was a survey of sorts i think for the users here.. not you.

It's like if guys posted a topic here asking about me (like they have many times before)
There is only so much you can do to control / influence the opinions of the crowd here.

My advice would be to say your piece and let it go.
This topic was best i can tell not FOR YOU Shelby.
It was for the users here to reply to and give their thoughts.

Problem i have is your typical behavior here..
You demanded this be locked.. why ?
Because you don't want anyone else replying anymore ?
Because you don't like what they are saying ?

Ya know this is typical behavior from you.. something is not right with you bud.
There is a part of your brain that is broken or some shit man.

Apparently you are not lucid and coherent enough to get what i said (with out it being explained to you several times)

Bottom Line is all these people are fully entitled to their opinions on your bold grandiose claims.
If you don't like the response maybe ignore it ?

Like i already said you got more than anyone else would.. the benefit of the doubt.
You should be grateful you got so much support here.
Anyone else parading around here with Bitcoin killer claims in early 2017 would be laughed out of here LOL

Someone typed in RED and i get the last word in and your all on ignore now.. lock this topic now !
On the other hand, im more interested in making more BTC rather han making more USD, and im mad that im not holding Dash, but then again, of all the altcoins.. who would have known Dash would fly?

You have to fight FOMO. You know if you buy now it will drop like a rock ... lol.

Hopefully this is the last point I want to make about that.

I think it is time for me to stop worrying about the speculator markets.

Value can be proven by real adoption. I think that will drive solid investment, not just speculation. Any way, let's attempt it and find out.
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

You may click this quote to read the entire discussion:

@r0ach, @OROBTC, @STT, and @tabnloz, regarding the recent discussion...

In short, the value of money is the public CONFIDENCE or expectation of the ability that others find it valuable as a store-of-value and/or unit-of-exchange. Bitcoin's confidence current derives primarily from expectations of its future utility, not its current utility. Although Bitcoin's volume is only 1/30,000th of the SWIFT system, it provides enormous utility as value transfer system of greater degrees-of-freedom in that it is unimpeded by top-down barriers, such as nation-state borders and different legal regimes. But the confidence in Bitcoin is limited to those who are smart enough to understand that utility, which is under appreciated by the masses and Bitcoin doesn't have the ability to scale to something that the masses could experience first hand. Yet I can tell you that I already know how to improve blockchains so they can fulfill their destiny. The necessary design is already sitting in an unpublished whitepaper already stored online for safe keeping. Thus @r0ach's complaints against crypto-currency are historic perspectives not forward looking.

Whereas, the confidence of goldbugs in gold is actually a historic perspective which is probably overconfident. The future of gold as a reliable settlement vehicle is dismal.
Pages:
Jump to: