Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"? - page 30. (Read 79954 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I think he is really smart, but having great ideas is not the same thing as implementing them and facilitating mass adoption

Bitcoin has scaling problems that need to be addressed. Currently, iamnotback is not even on the Bitcoin threat radar.

I have not followed this closely in a year.... but I see the same thing as before. Discussion about various naming options
Merit: 265
Urban Dictionary is an example of an app that should be hosted on a blockchain, so the database and the votes are open and objective and not owned by anyone. One of the many apps I hope to see on OpenShare.

And here is a way to monetize it:

https://urbandictionary.store/products/tshirt?word=TBD

And please put the damn definition on the back of the shirt!

This is an example of how I am thinking "out of the box". More to come...

P.S. You can't scale this on Ethereum. Fugetaboutit.
Activity: 335
When can you take my money?
Marketing...

Re: Dash worshippers writing FUD about Bitcoin won't help for you

I remember the time on the forum that everyone called out the Monero shills, now it's dash's turn.

Funny is it that same people shilling and FUDing Monero last 3 years here that now make produce this DASH shilling.  You need to understand DASH masternods to instaminers and 10% emission that goes for promotion again voted on from this instamine masternods, is way over $10 million. No other coin can afford such marketing machinery. They can do a lot trust me.

I intend to spend a $billion on marketing, but do it with a decentralized design and no governance at all.
I registered today lucidlang.org and slicklang.org.

Lucid seems to best represent or summarize my goals for the language. Although Lucid was used for a programming language in 1985, I don't think it is in current and certainly not popular use that could be confused. Presumably not trademarked for a programming language.

Slick (
with recognition to @smooth's username for probably causing me to think of it) is a much more stylish name than Tidy, Bare, Pithy, Clean, Trenchant, Deft, and Adroit, which has a similar meaning of uncluttered and efficient.

So we can choose from:

Boost
Lucid
Next (Nxt)
Slick
Zen

Again for my tastes, Zen is making nebulous promises making me think of some stoned hippie babbling nonsense about tripping on LSD or some other Steve Jobs “reality distortion field” hype marketing ploy.

Mission Statement

We should have an advantage over Swift (which seems to be the language with the most momentum right now for potentially contending for the next mainstream language for client-side applications), because if we quickly follow my suggestion to transpile to TypeScript (which transpiles to JavaScript), then our language runs every where now, which Swift doesn't yet. Also I think the priority features I've outlined (with the potential to add typeclasses which is superior to OOP) is superior in terms of readability (and thus mass appeal and lack of head scratching obtuse code for maximization of open source benefits) compared to Swift. And similarly we should have an advantage over Go where Go is competing as server-side programming language for Internet facing applications. Our language should do client and server-side better than both while advancing the JavaScript ecosystem. Interested in any detailed discussion on that comparison.

P.S. note some Chinese company registered neatlang.com and neatlang.org on January 14, 2017.

P.S.S. I can see that my former ability (e.g. coolpage.com in 1999) to choose names with ease is returning to me now that I am 6 weeks into my Tuberculosis treatment. I was also able to effortlessly select OpenShare (`opensha.re` domain) recently for my blockchain project. I now understand how debilitating liver disease is (cascade effect of the infection).
I have been following Coval on their slack, Michael Sullivan and Shannon Code seem like guys who just want to build something and not build the next scam.

I'll take a peek. Thanks for the tip. Suggestions on good developers are always welcome. I also have some interest in Steem's core developer (he writes excellent code) and we've exchange comments already on Steemit.

The liver pain has moderated (acute pain is gone, just fatigue remains) by keeping my diet focused on meat, milk fat, and rice. Meat fats are actually the most efficient nutritional source. Sleeping about 10 - 12 hours, then have energy for about 6 - 8 hours. But the symptoms oscillate, so might just be an upwave effect. 11 - 14 more days on the intensive phase of the meds. Fingers crossed.

Edit: spoke too soon, as 15 minutes after writing the above, some liver pain has returned only a few hours since I woke up. As I said, the symptoms are quite variable. But I did eat a bean mini-burrito upon waking so maybe that is the cause.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
@Iamnotback

Fair enough. Yeah you got to have someone who is public, someone as Nassim Taleb would say has some skin in the game.

There are some good guys out there i think. I have been following Coval on their slack, Michael Sullivan and Shannon Code seem like guys who just want to build something and not build the next scam. Good luck with meds.

I'm also creating a new programming language as well as a new blockchain design. Ambitious. Vitalik-esque but more pragmatic and less Star Trekky space cadet.

I registered today both nextlang.org and nxtlang.org. Might prefer Next to Boost.

We are up against Go, Hack, Rust, and Swift as the contenders for next mainstream language. I believe really only Go and Swift are capable contenders. Actually I don't know much about Hack.
One of the things I like about ICONOMI (not shilling, promise!) was that they were asked during their ICO phase what they would do if Ethereum crashed. This was right in the middle of the computational DOS attacks, so it was a very relevant question. Their answer was they were already looking at other blockchains as backups (specifically Lisk, which, really?). Frankly, every ICO needs to have an answer to that question: what's your plan if Ethereum curls up and dies?

That is why I think my OpenShare blockchain project could be a goldmine, regardless what happens with the other projects such Ethereum.

There is only PoW, PoS, DPoS, and DAGs. Actually the only DAG that is sound is Byteball, but it has the same problem as Casper, TenderMint, and Cosmos in that it can get stuck and require a hard fork to unstuck. Nothing else so far. But OpenShare will be something new.

Nope. Next question?

Yet you didn't know the difference between equities and money.
Activity: 266
Sound. Fury. Signifying.
Nope. Next question?
Activity: 322
Merit: 151
They're tactical
Trying to be the astute manager again that enabled me to get projects completed.

Note we really need a better programming language for the apps that will be built on the blockchain. That is what the linked discussion is about.

Im exactly on this kind of line with my project, on language, typing, and studying this sort of problematic Smiley

I dont have online wrote about the theory and study thought, other than some old post on devos forum, but ill write more explanation on the global idea and implementation in some time.
@Fatoshi, there's no need to panic yet. Delegation is also dilution of momentum, focus, leadership, etc. There is a reason Ethereum Classic didn't prosper and that is because Vitalik isn't leading Classic. Leaders can't delegate leadership. If I am not the right leader, then I won't succeed. But I don't succeed by not leading especially at the nascent stage. The Mythical Man Month also applies very profoundly especially at the nascent stage. I'd spend more time communicating everything that is in my head on every little nuance, than the other person(s) would spend actually getting anything done. Open source avoids to a large extent this Mythical Man Month effect, when the contributors are autonomous. How can they be autonomous when there isn't even an existing project and skeleton for them to work from autonomously (i.e. being autodidact). Even Monero had already Bytecoin, a fork, and Cryptonote whitepaper as a starting point for open source collaboration. Once the project reaches a critical mass, then one person is ineffective, and then open source takes over. But at the nascent stage, even two cooks can be less efficient than one in some cases. If the two cooks are co-equals who've been involved together since the beginning, that can work. But bringing in more cooks when one is trying to start the first recipe, is a recipe for muddling it. This is especially true when what is being cooked has never been cooked before and is to a large extent still only existing in one person's head. The draft whitepaper is around 30,000+ words and 250+ cited references. I got exhausted in December and decided I couldn't write everything down. Btw, before @smooth started (or just after) Aeon and got involved in Steem, we explored about the possibility of working together. And he is very skilled and very intelligent. But even then, it was a lot of communication load. It really isn't easy to integrate two cooks, and especially when you are not in the same office daily or at least able to video conference instantly without notice throughout the work day.

The gist of my plan is to try to get as quickly as possible to some point where others could contribute.

P.S. If you are wondering why @smooth and I didn't work together, from my perspective it was probably because a) he is very highly paid, b) he is anonymous (so that means no video or voice communication), c) I didn't have a final design and sufficient confidence yet in 2015, d) slight clash of personalities and priorities perhaps although we didn't get deep enough to know this for sure, e) I felt it would create animosity with Monero's community and I didn't feel confident enough to put this potential problem on him, f) potential conflicts of interest given for example he is the moderator Monero's main thread here. Mostly I would emphasize my illness and that I wasn't ready, then he got involved in Aeon and Steem. Also as much as I respect everything he has done that is publicly visible, his anonymity was point of worry for me.
Sorry to state the obvious cause I haven't followed the full trajectory of your ideas of project but if you are struggling with finding the effort to code your concepts into reality why don't you try to bring in a couple of respected people from this site that you can delegate work too, people with real world identities who can be held accountable if they were to plagiarise your work or try to be less than faithful?

You could do something like NEM did and build coders and community around your core ideas. If done right it seems to me like you can still lead and have full control but be supported in more grunt work. Maybe promising a small percentage of coins to coders you bring in.
Trying to be the astute manager again that enabled me to get projects completed.

Note we really need a better programming language for the apps that will be built on the blockchain. That is what the linked discussion is about.
Activity: 588
Merit: 272
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Looking forward to this.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Even if he made a vastly superior coin to BTC it wouldn't kill it. BTC has had to much time in the public eye for any other coin to overtake it. In the future, with more people involved, we might see a shift to a better coin but for now, BTC is untouchable.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Good luck with your health and project(s).

Thread title is ideal for a prediction market, ain't it?  Roll Eyes
I am just waiting for my original health to come back, so I can go vroooooom.

Liver pain (which also causes the back of my head to itch and ache and chronic fatigue) is preventing me from doing any productive work. Just sleeping always (not always comfortably). 12 (to 15) more days on the 4 drug regimen. The meds are toxic to the liver (as was the disseminated TB infection before I started the meds). But there is no guarantee that the liver pain won't continue for the additional 16 weeks (minus 3 days) on the 2 drug regimen.  Angry  Cry

I'll go for another liver enzymes test.

At least in 12 - 15 days I stop the drug which is so toxic to the optic nerve. Which is damn dangerous for me considering I am already blind in one eye. And I have become very near-sighted in the other eye.

Please no suggestions. Just have to finish my treatment. There are no shortcuts. Even there is no guarantee this treatment is going to work, but I am optimistic. @dinofelis I can't finish that debate/discussion on entropy right now as I am too cognitively limited for the time being.

There is a much better new PaMZ treatment for TB coming from the http://TBalliance.org in a couple of years. In Phase 3 trials now. Will also be effective against MDR-TB.

The current treatment for MDR-TB is horrific:

TB is the world's deadliest infectious disease, killing 1.8 million people each year.

TB patients urgently need new and better antibiotics. Treatment for drug-resistant TB is long, toxic, complicated, and expensive. It can consist of more than two years of a dozen or more pills per day, along with six months of daily injections. And for those unfortunate enough to have extensively resistant TB, even if they take every one of those 20,000 toxic pills and hundreds of injections, they will still have less than a one in three chance of survival.

I don't know if I have MDR-TB or not. I suppose my risk of having it is greater than 4%. I am not treating for MDR-TB, which is very frustrating because if I have MDR-TB, then the treatment I am doing now is useless (well it might reduce bacterial load temporarily in any case). Unfortunately my filipino doctor did not culture my spitum before prescribing meds, thus I think there is no way to culture it now for testing resistance. We just have to wait to see if the TB comes back again. Any way, the MDR-TB treatment is so horrific, it is probably better to try to wait for the PaMZ treatment to become approved. I will have ingested 480 large tablets when my treatment is completed.

Btw, most of those over age 60 here the Philippines don't survive the medicines. I hear so many first-hand accounts of fathers who died of liver failure when attempting to cure TB. Could be the high rate of alcoholism. I should make it through because I don't drink and I still do some running once in a while on these meds. I think maybe my liver flared up again because I was indulging in eating all the things I used to love to eat before I got sick such as pizza and dark chocolate. Back to my monotonic diet again. Our liver is much less durable after age 50.
I wonder how a distribution would work?

I kind of like the idea of people having to put their nuts on the line in terms of buying a set percentage of a coin with BTC....but not this being like 20% of total coins BUT nearly all the total supply....with 5-10% going to development.  I think it rewards individual and community risk. The byteball distribution just made richer people richer...and zero risk.

lets see what he comes up with...
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
Quote from: AnonyMint's OpenShare whitepaper draft
Even if one concluded the transacting participants only have an altruist-prime incentive to do validation spot checks, it is not an undersupplied public good[^subjectivity] because there is no practical incentive, nor plausible way to verify and pay participants, to not do it. It seems plausible that there is the additional motivation of jealously (aka “crab bucket mentality”[^crab-mentality]) in that any participant or faction wouldn’t want to allow any other participant or faction to be able to cheat to obtain an (especially non-meritorious) advantage. A generative essence that seems to drive the viability of decentralized systems is that if no factions are powerful enough to overcome the checks of the other factions, then the resultant Nash equilibrium is a stalemate that preserves decentralization and meritocracy, which is the antithesis of a power vacuum such as is otherwise the case with politics and democracy.[^ESR] [^voting]

Byzantine fault tolerance allows individual nodes to assess whether another node is behaving out of the ordinary in relation to the rest of the network and thus ignore that misbehaving node?

Kind of... the more accepted definition is that Byzantine fault tolerance allows non-faulty nodes to still form a consensus and produce the same output even with the presence of a high percentage of faulty nodes.  Most BFT algorithms are able to cope with 20-33% of nodes in a faulty state and ensure that the network can still function perfectly well.

A "faulty" node is quite ambiguous though, as you can't ever determine if a node is experiencing a general malfunction, an isolated error due to being sent incorrect information, simply lagging behind (bandwidth saturation, DDoS) or is dishonest.  Thus any schemes that penalize faulty nodes are very dangerous as they could easily escalate to large amounts of honest nodes being penalized for innocent errors.
Pages:
Jump to: