Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"? - page 43. (Read 79952 times)

Activity: 169
Merit: 100
A new altcoin that claims to be superior to bitcoin because of X. 

Sounds like an amazing new development in the cryptocurrency space to me.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
OP I would very much appreciate if you'd lock the thread.

Okay I will try to get out of here. Have fun with this.

WOW you got some nerve.
Why the fuck would the guy lock it ?
Because you're triggered and can't stop replying to it ?

The OP asked a question and it's our right to answer it.
"Re: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?"
Who the fuck are you to request it be locked ?

Red Flags galore with you man.
Things are just not right in your head.
And with out working code all we have is years worth of tech rabble.

At some point the community is going to say put up or shut up.
And locking topics will not prevent that LOL
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
MIT has the Bitcoin Killer

MIT’s Ford Professor of Engineering and one of the world’s top cryptographers Silvio Micali recently published a paper called ALGORAND The Efficient and Democratic Ledger where he lays out a groundbreaking new vision of a decentralized and secure way to manage a shared ledger that provides a beautifully elegant solution to the Byzantine General’s problem.

Micali, the recipient of the Turing Award (in computer science), of the Goedel Prize (in theoretical computer science) and the RSA prize (in cryptography) has developed a new approach to proof of work –  which requires a negligible amount of computation, and generates a transaction history that does not fork with overwhelmingly high probability. In fact – over a million years statistically.

The approach cryptographically selects — in a way that is provably immune from manipulations, unpredictable until the last minute, but ultimately universally clear— a set of verifiers in charge of constructing a block of valid transactions and it applies to any way of implementing a shared ledger via a tamper-proof sequence of blocks, including traditional Blockchains.

According to Micali, best known for his fundamental early work on public-key cryptosystems, pseudorandom functions, digital signatures, oblivious transfer, secure multiparty computation, and co-invention of zero-knowledge proofs – there are much more efficient alternatives to current Blockchains.

And the basis for his solution is taking a totally different tack in the process of building a block. He noted that the idea was first seeded to him by a friend but he added that many of the Magistracies in Florence were elected by lottery.

He calls it cryptographic certation.

http://www.the-[Suspicious link removed]/2017/01/05/move-bitcoin-mit-cryptographer-silvio-micali-public-ledger-algorand-future-blockchain/

blockchain DOT com has been removed due to my newbie status.

http://www.the-blockchain DOT com/2017/01/05/move-bitcoin-mit-cryptographer-silvio-micali-public-ledger-algorand-future-blockchain/

Activity: 336
Merit: 265
Reading the following thread can give some insight into the knowledge I have gained from organizing the whitepaper:

https://github.com/cosmos/cosmos/issues/47

Following up on why Cosmos is insolubly broken:

https://github.com/cosmos/cosmos/issues/47#issuecomment-270377327

Well they banned me because they don't want to hear the truth that bonded validators can't ever work (not in Casper, Tendermint, Cosmos, or any other).

Any way, here is what I was going to post there next:

and added the ability to attribute blame to 1/3+ in the case of double spend forks, no matter the % of Byzantine voting power.

And that is your error as I have stated twice already. You can't assign blame in Byzantine agreement. Study it fundamentally, then will realize your mistake. Reading my whitepaper will provide the necessary understanding of the error in what you added.

P.S. What is this with open source projects banning those who want to report fatal flaws? Censorship is the antithesis of open source.

You can't possibly know wether or not casper is flawed

Yes I can. It is a fundamental taxonomy of possible workarounds to the FLP impossibility result. Read my whitepaper when it is released (although I don't think you will understand it but it is written to be comprehensible for those with reasonable analytical skills).

What @jaekwon (Cosmos/Tendermint) and others may not realize is that the fundamental limitations of Byzantine agreement can't be structured around with protocol. It is a fundamental limitation (due to physics of asynchrony). So they can obfuscate as much as they want with heapings of protocol complexity, so as to hide the fundamentals from themselves. But I understand the essence of genius.

So Casper is hiding the bonding collateral in the notion of betting from collateral, but they won't escape from the fundamental limitation which is that blame can't be objective (it is always ambiguous) in Byzantine agreement. The only alternative to Byzantine agreement is probabilitistic, asymptotic (e.g. PoW and my design which is not PoW but something new). But probabilitistic, asymptotic can't assign blame to malfeasance either (for example you can't prove that Bitcoin miners are censoring transactions from blockchain data objectively, you need external social information which is not objective).

I will double-check my logic on this again when I do the comprehensive re-read of my paper. Will report back here, if I find any flaw in my analysis.

My opinion, if you really want to do something, anything, then you should join others. You have nobody to debate and you'll apply your knowledge and logic on what is already known

I engage others in debate as I did with @jaekwon but he just banned me and shut down the Github issue when he decided he didn't want to let me explain further how his project is broken and can't be fixed. He expect me to unravel the obfuscation they have done with protocol and that is not my job. I already understand the fundamental reason blame is impossible. It is their job to find out how they obfuscated this fundamental in their understanding of their design. Or later I can take the time to write or hire someone to write a formal refutation of their Proof of Accountability. Why should I encourage them to stop working on their project and wasting their time? Much better for me to have one less potential competitor and not to lose my precious time doing their work for them. At the right time, we can make it 100% proven that their projects are a total failure. And that will best done when my project is already released. Don't wake up a sleeping dog prematurely.

I decided to take a quick look at Tendermint/Cosmos's Proof of Accountability again:

Proof of Fork Accountability

As a corollary, when there is a fork, an external process can determine the blame by requiring each validator to justify all of its round votes. Either we will find 1/3+ who cannot justify at least one of their votes, and/or, we will find 1/3+ who had double-signed.

I explain in my whitepaper why their assumption above is incorrect. Here is the quote from my white paper:

Quote from: @AnonyMint's whitepaper
1.2 Byzantine Agreement

The proof of the non-asymptotic form of BFT is intuitive in the example scenario where every node is a voter and each candidate blockchain block is an election epoch. If every vote is correct, BFT only applies to faults which are unresponsive nodes; thus a quorum of only a majority of votes is required to obtain an unambiguous result because any ordering of blocks is always non-conflicting (or equivalently if the coordination of voting is synchronized such that conflicting order can’t exist, but then BFT isn’t applicable per the * footnote of prior section). For example, if validators of transactions never vote for a conflicting transaction such as a double-spend, then given two attempted elections for a pair of consecutive blocks of transactions, the minimum number of voters which commit to both elections is fₛ = 2T - N - 1, where T is the minimum quorum size for each election. Thus T ≥ (N + 1)/2 where 2T - N - 1 ≥ 0 because 0 safety is required given every vote is non-conflicting. But in the Byzantine agreement case wherein malevolent and/or asynchronous (i.e. caused by random, ambiguous propagation ordering) validators can vote for blocks that contain conflicting transactions, the minimum number of voters which commit to both elections fₛ = 2T - N - 1 must be greater than the number of excess voters not needed to form a quorum fₗ = N - T, so that a quorum for a conflicting pair of blocks can’t exist because there aren’t enough uncommitted voters to vote for it, i.e. T ≥ N - fₛ.[^Tendermint-safety]  Thus T ≥ (2N + 1)/3 where 2T - N - 1 ≥ N - T, fₛ is the safety margin, and fₗ is liveness.[^BFT-derivation] This result which is mathematically equivalent to N = 3f + 1 where f = fₛ = fₗ, is analogous to the N = 3m + 1 generals for m traitors result for the Byzantine Generals Problem (aka “BGP”).[^BGP]

Liveness fₗ in this context is the maximum number of unresponsive and/or malevolent nodes allowed for the system to not stall all quorums and/or censor for which blocks quorums are allowed. Safety margin fₛ is the minimum number of voters which must commit to a pair of blocks to prevent ambiguous ordering of blocks. Even if only a single election would ever be held for a set of signing keys which represent the voters,  applies in any nonsynchronous (aka “asynchronous”) case when there isn’t trust of a designated centralized tally, because voters can irrefutably claim that an epoch expired and they signed a new vote for a new epoch. It is even irrefutable that a trusted centralized tally did not receive a vote.[^he-said-she-said] [^ambiguous-fault]

Some systems may opt for more safety margin at the detriment of reduced liveness by choosing a larger minimum quorum size T.[^BFT-derivation]

Marbles in Jars Example

The proof in the Byzantine agreement case is easy to visualize with 3 voters who can each vote with marbles of one color representing their signing key: red, white, and blue. Given 3 jars representing ballot boxes for 3 elections on the consensus ordering of any two of them (wherein the jars could represent blockchain blocks), two marbles can be placed in each jar without any color voting more than twice― i.e. no voter has cheated yet the consensus is ambiguous. Declaring any of the jars as the first, results in two choices (aka “forks”) for which jar is the next. One jar has red and white, another red and blue, and another white and blue. This is why the proof requires that the excess of the quorum be less than ¹/₃ (aka “-¹/₃”). So by adding a voter with green marbles so that smallest minority reduces from ¹/₃ to ¹/₄ which is thus -¹/₃, the ambiguity is resolved because the green marble can only be placed in 2 of the 3 jars― again presuming no voter cheated to vote more than twice. Thus +²/₃ instead of ¹/₂+ is required for quorums in the presence of possible malevolence (and/or honest ambiguity due to random propagation delays) given an asynchronous network, otherwise the ordering of the quorums can’t be proven.

Note if any 3 of the 4 marbles are colluding, i.e. ²/₃ or more (aka “+²/₃”) of the voters are malevolent, they can vote for as many conflicting quorums (forks) as they wish and it will be ambiguous which of the 4 marbles is cheating, because given 3 sets of 3 jars, a different one of the 3 cheaters can vote in each set. And the honest voter has to vote on the fork which the quorum is extending, because otherwise not voting is indistinguishable from unresponsive. It can’t be irrefutably proven that the 3 malevolent marbles were cheating and colluding because they can each claim that other one became unresponsive; thus voting for more than two quorums became necessary. And the honest marble voted more than twice also. Propagation order and responsiveness can’t be proven nor disproven in an asynchronous network.

The adjectives “malevolent” or “attacking” applied to nodes means a colluding or centralized controlled group of nodes.

[^Tendermint-safety]  Jae Kwon, Ethan Buchman. Tendermint Wiki, Tendermint Github project, §Byzantine Consensus Algorithm: Proof of Safety, Jun 18, 2014.

[^BFT-derivation] David Mazieres. The Stellar Consensus Protocol: A Federated Model for Internet-level Consensus. Stellar Development Foundation, §5.4.3. Comparison to centralized voting, Feb 25, 2016.

[^BGP] Leslie Lamport, Robert Shostak, and Marshall Pease. The Byzantine Generals Problem. ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, Vol. 4, No. 3, , pp. 382–401, July 1982. Mark Nelson. The Byzantine Generals Problem. Dr. Dobb’s (drdobbs.com), Mar 18, 2008.

[^he-said-she-said] Andreas Haeberlen, Petr Kuznetsov, and Peter Druschel. Practical Accountability for Distributed Systems. Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on Future Directions in Distributed Computing (FuDiCo III), Bertinoro, Italy, §2.2 Proofs and verifiable evidence, p. 2, June 2007.

[^ambiguous-fault] Shelby Moore III, Unprovable accountability for network communication, Bitcointalk.org, “Transactions as Proof of Stake White Paper” thread, post #19, Dec 4, 2013.
That said, in a rigid set of rules, *whatever they are*, centralisation will happen, no matter what system of rules is used, because of economies of scale, and because of divergence of any formula which has something at stake.

That is what you think and what I thought. But I propose (posit) a solution in my whitepaper. But i am not ready to release it now, so this discussion is frustratingly useless.

The only solution to avoid centralisation, is regular "rule revolutions".

You are conceptually on the right track.
We need to be a little realistic here.  How long did it take Ethereum to go from concept to release? A couple years? That was with a shitload of help. Even now, eth is still flawed.

So, one man alone has a monumental task ahead to deliver something truly revolutionary.  iamnotback might be bat shit crazy enough to pull it off.

Thanks. You are correct. So let's stop talking about this ICO, because until I prove to myself what I can do, then I am not launching any ICO.

I did not start this thread. I have not even committed to doing an ICO. I have work to do. Who knows if it will get done. But certainly not if people are talking about me and I feel a need to waste my time posting.

Please just pretend this thread doesn't exist. There is no project yet. I am off in my own world trying to get something off the ground. Until I do, it is a waste of time to discuss it.

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Not sure why the hostility and quick judgement though.

Because you said what I wrote was "stupid"― which is hostile and quick judgement. That is a strong word to use against someone who is not stupid. What you do you think Satoshi would have done had you said he wrote something stupid? He would have roasted you, the same as he did to Daniel Larimer (the developer of Bitshares and Steem).

Discussion can be cordial or violent. You decide. I have no problem with cordial debate.

It doesn't mean I am infallible. I even have made some careless decisions in my life in my youth which can be characterized as stupid. But I don't think I often (if ever) have written stupid comments on serious topics on this forum. Some may totally disagree with my position (and that can often be to lack of understanding of each sides' views), but that doesn't mean it is proven that I wrote something stupid.

Interesting quote by satoshi... so satoshi wanted bitcoin to be hosted by server farms instead of individual nodes? he basically wanted bitcoin to be centralized? (because centralized nodes + centralized mining... that's what you end up getting). Pretty disappointing to see. Why would satoshi claim bitcoin is p2p cash when it would depend on corporations running nodes?
Thank god people like gmaxwell saw this mistake and they decided to keep the blocksize small and put a layer on top. Satoshi did a new mistake if he wanted what the idiots on /r/btc talk about all day. He was simply wrong.
Activity: 238
Me is Cute
No idea who is this person.

But I know dev of WBB/1EX will be bringing the best option for btc killer in 2017 Smiley  Cool

the wild pussy cat coin dev has nothing on shelby

shelby is a fucking genius while the wbb dev is a fucking idiot.

fuck off
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
We need to be a little realistic here.  How long did it take Ethereum to go from concept to release? A couple years? That was with a shitload of help. Even now, eth is still flawed.

So, one man alone has a monumental task ahead to deliver something truly revolutionary.  iamnotback might be bat shit crazy enough to pull it off.

We need to be more supportive instead of dragging him down.

I hate ICOs too. iamnotback has been around here for years and is well known. I would support his ICO depending on conditions and details.

How much money is thrown away here regularly on unknown, scammy developers?

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
No idea who is this person.

But I know dev of WBB/1EX will be bringing the best option for btc killer in 2017 Smiley  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
he has a killer for his own bitcoins
Activity: 770
Merit: 629
The problem with proposing centralization as a solution, is it simply doesn't scale in terms of ecosystems, for the same reason that closed source doesn't scale but open source does.

I'm not saying that "centralisation" is the solution.  That said, in a rigid set of rules, *whatever they are*, centralisation will happen, no matter what system of rules is used, because of economies of scale, and because of divergence of any formula which has something at stake.   

The thing is that calling PoW intrinsically centralized *because of storage and bandwidth* is, in my opinion, totally misguided, and proposing as a solution the hardcoded limit of functionality (in bitcoin, the number of transactions per second, as long as it is ridiculously small as compared with the potential market) is way, way worse than allowing the solution to scale according to technological limitations, which will remove themselves as technology advances.  No rigid set of rules should include hard limits on technology use, like Bill Gates did.

As such, of all reasons, PoW is NOT intrinsically centralized because of storage and bandwidth limits.  At the moment, bitcoin is centralizing, because of economies of scale which are SO HUGE with asics, that CPU/GPU mining is out of the question.

I agree with your statement of principle that any algorithm can be ASIC-ed, but the cost to do so, and the gains obtained can push this transition to the future.   The point is that this transition should be enough in the future for the coin to have a reasonable life time, and in the end, be obliged to fork and to become worthless.

My idea is that the only solution to avoiding centralisation, is modifying the rules regularly and having complex PoW mining, so that too big investments, for instance in ASICs, are too much at risk, so that the step to large economies of scale is always beyond the time line when the algorithms change.   There's a natural way of doing so, with continuously creating altcoins, that take over the "old" mature coins ; this could in a way be formalized by having finite block chains (that is, block chains that will only live a finite amount of time, say 10 years) and continuously forking.  The point being that a block chain that centralizes, is supposed to lose its value, because it loses its potential immutability.  The day that 60% of bitcoin mining is done by 1 entity, bitcoin will be worthless in principle.  So it is in a coin's long term viability that centralisation is to be avoided.
Another solution can be to have an inflationary pressure as a function of centralisation, in other words, a non-linear relationship between PoW and mining reward: this is a kind of transition from PoW to a diverging PoS.  The diverging PoS is necessary so that an inflationary bomb explodes when PoW gets too centralized ; in other words, the opposite of what happens in the ethereum time bomb.  As such, a centralizing coin destroys itself by hyper inflation, pushing people to a less centralized coin.  Instead of allowing wealth accumulation through centralisation, a coin should be designed so that it gets more and more worthless, the more it centralizes, instead of impossibly fighting centralisation.

The only solution to avoid centralisation, is regular "rule revolutions".  Like in real life, where war, revolutions, unforeseen events kill successful companies, and nations, so that centralisation has been avoided up to now.  We are leaving a dangerous period where centralisation in the USA was a danger, but as we see, the rules get overthrown, and the world is again diverging from centralisation, with enough wars, conflicts and uncertainty.
legendary
I don't think so : an altcoin, whatever his technology may be will never defeat Bitcoin, because to elect the best crypto-currency, we look at how many people use it. No altcoin will ever surpass Bitcoin because the average people absolutely don't care about the internal problems, and I do not see any internal problem as of today. The branding is whatever matters the most, and good luck defeating Bitcoin's branding ! Most of the people that know some economical things knew about Bitcoin, but absolutely none about things like Ethereum or Litecoin. Good luck releasing something that beats Bitcoin on all the points, which is basically impossible if you conduct an IPO or an ICO.

I disagree. If someone comes up with an actual solution that delivers the same levels of army grade encryption and protection against quantum attacks like bitcoin does now, while being able to send fast onchain transactions for cheap at visa level volumes... that would be something a lot of people if not everyone involved in BTC would buy at. BTC will always have the first mover advantage, no coin can survive as long as BTC because it was the first, but if at least on paper, a coin solves BTC problems, its going to get a lot of money, if in practice it works its yet to be seen.

Thing is, I doubt a bitcoin killer actually exists, but i will remain skeptical.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
By debating, i meant some work coleague / friend to do constructive debates with, so you learn from each other so you won't have to rely on your own logic and knowledge only, as i said. These are just vanity type of debates on internet (between you and that chinese guy, or whatever he is ) that can be hardly won and where mostly non technical people are reading and where the "winner" is the one with better punchlines. And you also know that in these type of debates you don't have to win the wise understanding minority, but the large non technical majority, that's where the funds come from, for your future ICO. Tell me i am wrong.
Also, blockchain is still uncharted territory, no one fully understands how to or the capabilities of blockchain yet, that's the reason of these 1000 type of blockchain flavors out there, and we don't have yet a fully working, without any flaw, long term product yet. Because bitcoin certainly isn't. Maybe ethereum, that if they manage to solve scaling and implement it without major security risks.
So, if all along you thought all these projects were flawed and you thought you had the solution, you still had many years to come with something better. From my point of view, you're staying on the sidelines, try to learn from the mystakes of those that tried something before you, meanwhile criticising all their work and research. There's also a consequence of that, willingly or not, you're building hype around yourself, here on bitcointalk, where you know there are mostly potential investors.
Now, i think you may come up with something, eventually, but i don't think it will live up to the hype you're building, willingly or not. Because, when you criticise something you have to surpass them. By a long shot.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Never back down !!!

Re: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?

Really???

This guy is just a broke forum addicted troll. He will never ever deliver anything.
As far as this genius issue goes. He is trolling Vitalik (a guy who has built a billion dollar network) since months, without showing just one line of code from himself. He is just a genius in babbling online.
And I remember him begging that skycoin would work with him. Of course he doesn´t.

And be carful, broke and ill is a dangerous combination for your money.

legendary
Proof-of-work coins such as Bitcoin, Monero, and Zcash will lose all their security in the coming crisis, because miners won't be able to exchange BTC for fiat to pay their electricity.

Considering how stupid that statement is, I highly doubt the answer is yes.

I was referring to Jim Rickards' prediction that the elite will shut down the financial system for a period of time. I am saying that if that period of time is of sufficient duration that BTC can't be exchanged for fiat to pay for electricity, then mining farms have to shut down.

If the world is in such a chaos that the entire world financial system can be shut down and no one can move any fiat for some period of time, then proof-of-work miners can also be affected because they have bills to pay.

Whereas, a proof-of-stake system would not be so affected because it doesn't require consumption of an external resource. We might argue that such chaos would also shut down the entire Internet, but I tend to think the Internet is much more global, resilient and diverse than a few mining farms in China.

So please enlighten us as to which of us is stupid?

bathrobehero, are you challenging me to an intellectual contest? Do you really think you can challenge me intellectually?

So your coin will use PoS? But Proof of stake has been already discarded as safe, it has many exploitable angles such as the nothing on stake problem, it will just never be as solid as having a network of computers that is the biggest in the world backing it vs people holding coins... how do you pretend to compete with bitcoin with a PoS system? PoS coins already exist and nobody cares, they are just another altcoin, so how do you pretend to make your project just not another altcoin?

Also if financial chaos ensues, I doubt people is going to bother paying for electricity or for anything at all.
so potential prostate problems in the future then......

I was tested for prostate and pancreas cancer markers and they were negative (but that isn't 100% definitive).

But yeah, it isn't an encouraging sign. If I can get my athletics back to a very high level, perhaps I can moderate that if it is due to hormone imbalance. I expect my testosterone was very low since 2015, since I stopped getting erections. I've been getting back my libido past 2 weeks getting back on the barbells and also taking the high doses of Vitamin D3 again. The high dose Vitamin D3 + intense barbell is the only thing that has ever worked. But in past experiments it is not curative and eventually I crash into a relapse. And high dose vitD3 is dangerous for kidney stones and may damage the liver. Thus I think what ever my problem is, it also causes hormone problems.

Hope I can get a definitive diagnosis.
Activity: 238
Me is Cute
so potential prostate problems in the future then......

This is not adequate to know what is really going on, but it already indicated problems.

Mild fatty liver disease, roughed kidneys indicating inflammatory problem, some slight sludge in my bile, and 50% enlarged prostate:

Pages:
Jump to: