Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think merit is by chance or lengthy article? - page 2. (Read 1103 times)

Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
The only time writing a lengthy paragraphs is if you are writing a guide or tutorial that is really long. If you wrote episode with plenty of words just to convince anyone that you are good at writing script, people might not even reply your thread not talk more meriting it. I do see such threads here by beginners trying to show that the are teaching other members some things when they are supposed to use that free time to learn new things to improve in their knowledge.

Do you even know that writing a single line of reply can earn you plenty of merits from different people than writing many lengthy things? The key thing there is to give the necessary information. If someone ask for wallet recommendation, how straight to the point, don't beat around the bush, if someone ask what is the best way to avoid scams, give them precise information and not what they don't need and you will be fine with merits.
It is said that a diamond is recognized by its brilliance, the same way, an experienced person is recognized by his knowledge and research. New members of this forum are probably unaware that the older and experienced members here are capable of understanding their abilities from their very first post.

Every day I read messages from people who don't even know what they are talking about, they just want to draw people's attention with their long texts. While replying to the posts of others, after being completely unaware of this matter, they sit down with their own stories about what is going on, which they think can give them merit but it doesn't happen at all.

I wish people stop running after merit and focus on their research and their knowledge.
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
My post made philipma1957 wear signature
Initially, I use to think merit is by chance ( i.e something that will just happen) or lengthy article ( i.e writing too many paragraphs and the rest of them), but I have come to realize that, it is more than that.
I have being discouraged several times because of my numerous posts and replies yet no merit then. Even now, some times I use to be discourage. However, the only way to get merit is by posting quality article ( that is what determines merit) which almost everybody is aware of now.
In summary, don't look at the quantity of post you have make so far but instead try to adjust, I mean improve in your posts, above all be consistent and patient that is the key.

I can still remember vividly my early days in the forum,  I used to think I'll have to impress the forum members with high vocabularies, lengthy posts and over ambiguous contents so as to get merits and rankup faster than my mates, but I was wrong Grin, such posts never gave me merits. Only posts which had positive impacts on the readers whether short or lengthy gave me merits, even more than I anticipated.

Making lengthy posts is not bad, sometimes your ideas might be too broad that it becomes difficult for you to compress them into a very short post. But, the lengthy post becomes an issue when the content is all about repetitions of ideas just to make it long to impress the forum members. No one will be interested in reading a long uninspiring post.

While making any post, forget about getting merits and be yourself. Allow the ideas flow naturally and anyone who gets the impact of your message will award you some merits
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
What brings merit is quality post but the quality of your post is subjective which means it depends on the merit source spread merit based on what he /she considers as quality post.

A quality post can either be lengthy or short but it's more about the information that it contains. Sometimes your post can be very informative but it has been treated or it's known to the people already hence they do not consider it anymore.

But perhaps you want to earn some merit for good post then you have to look at how people who have been earning some good merit does it and then if you follow the steps it certainly bring you some merit too.
Well, it’s the content of the post that matters the most, regardless if it’s written short but precise or long and detailed. But I suggest stick more on shorter post that still creates a huge impact to the readers, than to make a lengthy post and makes the reader get tired or bored. Just try to observe how those reputable legendary members are constructing their post, most likely they’re not that long but you will really notice that it goes straight to the point. And what is completely required by the thread, the poster have provided it well, no wonder why even a simple yet meaningful post still gets numerous merits.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 126
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Writing a long post will not guarantee you a merits in this forum because, the members that merits users consider the quality post you construct to impact others users in the forum and you must be an active member that is always contributing in other members trend in the forum.

If you are a type of person that is creating topics for merits purpose or commenting on people trend for merits purpose in the forum, it will not make people to merits you because they know what you are looking for that is making you to write the long post that are not quality standard in the forum.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
You don't need to create a thread or write a quality article first before you can earn merit. Merit is given by different members for different purposes; all that's needed is to be yourself and be productive.

You can earn merit by just asking the right question, and you can also earn merit by just answering other people's questions and solving a problem.

Merit most often comes from places we might expect less of. What we think others might like and see as worthy of merit might have a different picture in their own view, so it's best to focus on being yourself rather than looking for ways to make a post that will earn your merit, as that might end up leading the person to nowhere. 
I agree with you sir ,one need to be himself and focus to the right direction,Not what people will think will bring merit,let it be ,they watch your speech and your character when making a point actually,your post has also motivated me the more thanks boss
Activity: 30
Merit: 3
You don't need to create a thread or write a quality article first before you can earn merit. Merit is given by different members for different purposes; all that's needed is to be yourself and be productive.

You can earn merit by just asking the right question, and you can also earn merit by just answering other people's questions and solving a problem.

Merit most often comes from places we might expect less of. What we think others might like and see as worthy of merit might have a different picture in their own view, so it's best to focus on being yourself rather than looking for ways to make a post that will earn your merit, as that might end up leading the person to nowhere. 

You really boost my horizon on how the whole forum works, in a simple statement; we are all here to share and receive knowledge, one gets accolade by the knowledge he shares for the benefit of others.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 711
Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!
Merit is not by chance or how lengthy your article is, to my best of knowledge, the more the article content of what you're posting is the more its getting complicated for others to read and understand the major idea in your post, so merit is giving by the level of the quality of your post, which is felt by the reader and he make the judgement that your post is deserving to receive merit provided that he has some smerits to give out, be it a merit source or other members of the forum.
in this question I think everyone has it on way of explaining what gives merit based on your your  experience on article composition, but from my own perspective merit is being given based on the quality of your composition and how meaningful and educative is your article, that is what make some people to like your writing in order to give you a merit, because giving someone a merit is a personal choice and it is based on what you understand through the composition of that person will make you to Merit the person so giving out merit does not determine by how lengthy is your article, its base ob how comprehensive is your work.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
Anyways some users didn't attract to those long threads cause they will felt tired  to read all of those thread.

No one, including me, would get bored or tired of reading a post that contains helpful and constructive information and knowledge. So as you said, it's not about the length of a post being created but it is the quality it contains. Even very long posts are read with interest in many sections of the forum but only if they have some meaning and are contributing to the discussion. Someone would surely ignore a post being unnecessarily long while containing nothing useful and read-worthy.

It's a common misconception among newbies that making long posts earn you merits and it's because they see long posts from senior members getting a lot of merits but they fail to determine the fact that those posts are of high-quality and aren't some gibberish written to unnecessarily prolong the post.
Well, not all long posts are actually talking about trash since some are indeed useful and have high quality contents. It’s just that it’s common for us that once we start seeing long threads, eventually it gets tiring for us to read that we don’t want to start reading it anymore. Not realizing that long posts have detailed explanation that will contribute to the full understanding of the reader, without skipping important details that will totally help those who decide to read with patience.
Activity: 644
Merit: 591
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Anyways some users didn't attract to those long threads cause they will felt tired  to read all of those thread.

No one, including me, would get bored or tired of reading a post that contains helpful and constructive information and knowledge. So as you said, it's not about the length of a post being created but it is the quality it contains. Even very long posts are read with interest in many sections of the forum but only if they have some meaning and are contributing to the discussion. Someone would surely ignore a post being unnecessarily long while containing nothing useful and read-worthy.

It's a common misconception among newbies that making long posts earn you merits and it's because they see long posts from senior members getting a lot of merits but they fail to determine the fact that those posts are of high-quality and aren't some gibberish written to unnecessarily prolong the post.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 343
Hhampuz is the best manager
_snip_
Hmm, pretty good question OP.

According to my opinion, merit should not belong to lengthy postes or topics. Rather you should emphasize your knowledge and explain it. It means that a large post does not attract people, you have to explain the big meaning in small words. 

My personal opinion is that quantity is not quality. I am putting in front of you some of the rules of the post, which in my opinion, has caused me to get merit. Which you can also implement and post quality better. 
✔. Explore new knowledge as much as possible and explain it in easy and simple words.
✔. Do not hesitate to ask high-ranking members in any thread, whatever you want to ask or explain within the scope of the principle, you can express it through a clear-cut post. 

Advice: IMHO, you should just focus on post quality and not merit. If your post quality is better, then you will definitely get merit.

We can earn merits not because we made a very long  topics or threads but we can earn merits by expressing our knowledge and how we delivered our thoughts once other users like our post cause they learned something then they will give some merits to us. In short even 20 words of reply once it will helpful and useful then you got some merits. Anyways some users didn't attract to those long threads cause they will felt tired  to read all of those thread.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1179
Op have you ever imagined why some created topic has no comment even if it has it will only be a few comments, it's because those topics has nothing to offer. This apply to reply or comment the activities of the forum has it rewards be it comment, topic or reply but this only happens when it's done wrightly.

Just like some students in school will write exam and full their answer shit some even requested for extra at the end having f9 when result is released so it's in making post here you can't write shit and expect reward, answer to many questions don't need too many statement or sentence as long you do it write even with short words you receive your Merritt. There is not favoritism or nepotism in the forum.
This thread Why the block height do not correspod to bitcoin core database size? only received 3 replies, but many users meriting their posts. There's no correlation between no or less comments with merit, you can visit thread in gambling discussion and it's really rare users get merit there because it's full of spam.

I disagree, in school you're actually get better result when you write long essay instead of straight forward answer. Have you taken IELTS exam? probably you need to watch this https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6XtqWTVJ7a0
Activity: 238
Merit: 35
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest
Op have you ever imagined why some created topic has no comment even if it has it will only be a few comments, it's because those topics has nothing to offer. This apply to reply or comment the activities of the forum has it rewards be it comment, topic or reply but this only happens when it's done wrightly.

The forum is not how far but how well, example allot of products exist in our domestic market as close substitute to others but there always remain a particular one that people go for more than the others so it's for merrit here quality post is the answer it doesn't matter how short or lengthy it's what matter is it quality what is needed is not quantity but quality, information passing and lesson deriving post .

Just like some students in school will write exam and full their answer shit some even requested for extra at the end having f9 when result is released so it's in making post here you can't write shit and expect reward, answer to many questions don't need too many statement or sentence as long you do it write even with short words you receive your Merritt. There is not favoritism or nepotism in the forum.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1076
zknodes.org
There is no such thing as coincidence or because the article or comment is long, merit is obtained because the responses given are quite good and useful and in line with what is being discussed. Many members give long answers or create long threads but they don't have any benefit and they also use GPT chat to reply to every comment. The quality of a person can be seen by how they answer well and not just nonsense.
Activity: 952
Merit: 541
People talks about merits all time, I still don't know why it pulls them so hard about merits. For merits to flow, engage yourself with a good reply this doesn't necessarily mean that you must create a huge content or even go somewhere else to source for materials to post before you would received theme.
Most times activeness and on topic gets you merits.
It's very realistic that people talk about the merit system all the time especially for those who don't fully understand how the merit system works on the forums. Most Newbies or members who have just joined the forum post very often in the hope of merit. They assume that merit will always be present in every post that they themselves consider quality, even though only other members judge whether a post is quality or not.

I agree that to get merit you don't always have to create lengthy content, merit contributors have their own judgment in assessing whether content is worthy of merit or not. For members who still think merit is difficult to obtain, it seems like they have to learn from this member Turbartuluk to get motivation on how to produce quality posts that can bring them merit.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 525
fillippone - Winner contest Pizza 2022
People talks about merits all time, I still don't know why it pulls them so hard about merits. For merits to flow, engage yourself with a good reply this doesn't necessarily mean that you must create a huge content or even go somewhere else to source for materials to post before you would received theme.
Most times activeness and on topic gets you merits.
Merit is neither by posting lengthy posts nor shot posts. There are people that had been disappointed about the length of there post and still they don't get merits. Merits is now of a competition for those that see it like that but it must contain quality. There are posters that lose that idea and what they care about to keep writing long posts that some persons might find uninteresting to read. We can always make our posts shorter and make it cary content because that is what is going to attract merits to us. How convincing and exciting the content is could attract merit source to merit the post without any worries.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
Initially, I use to think merit is by chance ( i.e something that will just happen) or lengthy article ( i.e writing too many paragraphs and the rest of them), but I have come to realize that, it is more than that.
Yes, it's more than all that. It's a subjective thing. What makes User A award merit to a post may not be what User B looks at awarding his.

I have being discouraged several times because of my numerous posts and replies yet no merit then. Even now, some times I use to be discourage.
I know how frustrating that can be, posting without getting merited would make one see one's posts as substandard and shitty. I had a long merit draught season from my senior rank to hero. It was from the hero rank that I got merit splash that easily took me to the legendary rank. My advice to you in all this is never be discouraged that your posts aren't getting merited now. Continue posting constructively and don't think much of it. Merits will come when you least expect it.

In summary, don't look at the quantity of post you have make so far but instead try to adjust, I mean improve in your posts, above all be consistent and patient that is the key.
If one doesn't look at the quality of posts one makes, how does one make adjustments then? Perhaps I didn't understand your comment well. Is it?
Activity: 2268
Merit: 581
I have being discouraged several times because of my numerous posts and replies yet no merit then. Even now, some times I use to be discourage. However, the only way to get merit is by posting quality article ( that is what determines merit) which almost everybody is aware of now.
If a person joins the forum thinking that they would come here, make posts repeatedly in a short period, earn a bunch of Merits, rank up, and join signature and bounty campaigns to earn money then I think this wish will get them exhausted very soon and the result would be them leaving the forum.

The purpose of joining this forum should be to get a lot of your doubts clear about the cryptocurrency industry and learn a lot of things that we never knew before joining the forum.

When it comes to Merits, a diamond doesn't need to prove itself because its shine says it all. Similarly, an experienced and knowledgeable person's contributions tell how able the person is and what he/she deserves.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
Re: Do you think merit is by chance or lengthy article?
Whatever we had in mind before today regarding this question needs to be reviewed … From today onwards, and until further notive, creating lengthy post is in fact counterproductive, as per the new adjustments made to the Merit calculation, substracting merits from your score the lengthier the post gets (-1 Merit every 15 characters) … Make every character count …

Note: situation back to normal...
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
-snip-
However there are many replies that have given you the answers to your thoughts.
Receiving merits doesn't work with the lengths of your posting patterns, you can receive more than 1 merits from a good post that doesn't have much lengths ie just one line or two as long as what you are saying has meaning and impact to the Bitcoin space/community. Sometimes, if you have tried writing with this pattern and it's not given you merits the way you want just change it to a better way, you will get merits.
In simple terms, merit is given to quality posts - but the quality of a post is very subjective. You will get merit not because you post long or short - but the quality of the post is what determines the most.

My advice is not make post for merit - but regular natural posting is more likely to bring you merit. Also don't create topics to fish for merit - also don't mention merit source to make your post aware, that's a bad attempt in my opinion.
Activity: 504
Merit: 283
It depends. It is not by luck because whoever merits a posts has their own reason for doing so. And this may go to a short post of 3 lines or a long post of more than 20 lines. Of all the reasons for meriting a post, luck is not one of it. Unless you chose to see it this way that the harder a user on the forum works, the luckier they get in receiving merits. See to examples of a short post reply with more merits and also a lengthy post with many merits.

Sample of a lengthy article with merits
Sample of a short reply with merits
Pages:
Jump to: