Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think merit is by chance or lengthy article? - page 6. (Read 1104 times)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 770
It's not a matter of length or coincidence. Merit is controlled by each user. They have different criteria for giving. But if I look at the habits of the giver and I give then posts that are useful to other users will be much appreciated. It doesn't need to be long and it's not a coincidence. So if you want to get appreciation then try to be useful to other users with posts containing technical, fundamental, theoretical education along with real evidence and practice.
Activity: 574
Merit: 129
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
I disagree, there's no criteria or requirement in order to earn merit, just like my post below, I only post two words + image and I got 5 merits so far.

Lengthy article only make your post high unlikely get deleted, but it's not related to merit.

Merit is just like a gift, don't expect anyone e.g. friends, girlfriend, parents etc will give you something on your birthday.

Oh well...

Maybe its the quote that helps given you the merit, besides loyceV will not just give merit if he has not seen something about your post, even an image can say it all, although, members have different ways of understanding a post, if they appreciate it, they will give merits, if not some will appreciate, that's my take.
Activity: 714
Merit: 606
I disagree, there's no criteria or requirement in order to earn merit, just like my post below, I only post two words + image and I got 5 merits so far.

Lengthy article only make your post high unlikely get deleted, but it's not related to merit.

Merit is just like a gift, don't expect anyone e.g. friends, girlfriend, parents etc will give you something on your birthday.

Oh well...

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4069
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
Initially, I was to think merit is by chance ( i.e something that will just happen) or lengthy article ( i.e writing too many paragraphs and the rest of them), but I have come to realize that, it is more than that.

If you make ten thousand posts in a week, your activity will be capped and you will still be a Newbie. If you make ten thousand useless posts over any period of time, you will gain zero merit and you will still be a Newbie. You can rank up only by making good posts consistently. It's quality over quantity.

When trying to write quality posts, a lot of people act as though they're writing a book report for school: putting facts that we already know into their own words. Nobody wants to read that, and you will not get merit for it. Moreover, the length of your post and the quality of your English are only minor factors. In trying to write a quality post worthy of merit, you should offer new ideas, personal experiences, or perspectives that other forum users will actually find new and interesting.

I have being discouraged several times because of my numerous posts and replies yet no merit then. Even now, some times I use to be discourage.
You can write hundreds or thousands of post but get no single merit if all your posts are shit posts and not helpful, not interesting to any forum member.

However, the only way to get merit is by posting quality article ( that is what determines merit) which almost everybody is aware of now.
You don't need to write article in Bitcointalk. Helpful posts are enough to help you receive merits when readers (forum members, not guests) like your posts, see your posts helpful and appreciate your posts with their sendable merit.
Activity: 322
Merit: 146
If you have read your help and guides articles very well you would not have had those invalid thoughts of how to gain Merits as your thoughts mislead you initially.

But I can tell you Op, just keep up with your best of contributions which literally are constrictive with good qualities and then it would attract merit to you most especially at your unaware because no one in the forum ever knows about a particular post to give them Merit from their posts here in the forum.

I will also urge you not to feel depressed if this merits are not coming. That would specially motivate you to get on the right track of advancing to your maximum contributions.
Activity: 350
Merit: 335
The straight answer to this question is quality of the post is what makes it earn merit. Some posts can be short but very informative and relevant whereas some posts can be long and meaningless or just unnecessary wordings with no relevance to the topic of discussion.  

As an addition to my response and based on personal experience,  if you are posting to earn merits, you may likely not earn it. So the best is to be free to engage in discussion, sharing your knowledge and understanding and ensuring your comment is relevant to the topic of discussion and you will see the merits come.
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
Initially, I was to think merit is by chance ( i.e something that will just happen) or lengthy article ( i.e writing too many paragraphs and the rest of them), but I have come to realize that, it is more than that.
Merits come from quality, not quantity. Many newcomers fail to recognize this when they join the forum and rush into creating lengthy threads that may be ignored or annoying to others. As a newbie, wanting merits is understandable, but it shouldn't be your top priority. Instead, focus on understanding how the forum works. Take your time to read and study old reputable members to see how they earn merits.

I've noticed many newbies, sometimes sticking to their local boards, perhaps because English isn't their first language. However, most forum members can read and write in English to some extent. While posting on your local board is fine, consider participating in the general board to learn from a variety of members. This exposes you to different ideas, information, and opportunities to earn merits and gain recognition.

Where you post can also impact how often you earn merits. As a newbie, it's important to find a place where you can learn, discuss, ask questions, and contribute thoughtfully, whether it's by creating new threads or replying to existing ones.
Activity: 364
Merit: 154
It is not fixed that making quality post would always guarantee you getting merit,  rather increases the chances of you earning merits. You don't have to write a lengthy post in order to earn your self some merit all that matters is are Impacting and contributing your posts are. Honestly there's no shortcut in earning merit best way to earn merit is for you to learn first. I can help with some tips.

* Try as possible to gather some good knowledge concerning bitcoin and how this forum works.

* When making post don't always think about merit just , focus more on how to make your post more quality and impacting (you can try checking your previous posts that have earn you merit sometimes for comparison).

* When creating a post don't always be in haste , take your time in creating your post or replys you have all the time to do that .

* Always go through others reply carefully before making yours.

Now let's me round it off with this , stop finding merit just focus on the stuff you can benefit from the forum which is gaining more knowledge concerning this Space. And find the place you're good at in this space and improve on it and you will definitely see yourself growing. Alot of users felt this way at first before being in the high rank they are now . So don't be discouraged and start working on your self on how to improve your knowledge inorder for you to improve your posting skills.
Activity: 602
Merit: 638
You don't need to create a thread or write a quality article first before you can earn merit. Merit is given by different members for different purposes; all that's needed is to be yourself and be productive.

You can earn merit by just asking the right question, and you can also earn merit by just answering other people's questions and solving a problem.

Merit most often comes from places we might expect less of. What we think others might like and see as worthy of merit might have a different picture in their own view, so it's best to focus on being yourself rather than looking for ways to make a post that will earn your merit, as that might end up leading the person to nowhere. 
Activity: 135
Merit: 6
Initially, I use to think merit is by chance ( i.e something that will just happen) or lengthy article ( i.e writing too many paragraphs and the rest of them), but I have come to realize that, it is more than that.
I have being discouraged several times because of my numerous posts and replies yet no merit then. Even now, some times I use to be discourage. However, the only way to get merit is by posting quality article ( that is what determines merit) which almost everybody is aware of now.
In summary, don't look at the quantity of post you have make so far but instead try to adjust, I mean improve in your posts, above all be consistent and patient that is the key.
Pages:
Jump to: