Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think merit is by chance or lengthy article? - page 5. (Read 1099 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 308
Lol  Grin here you go https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.56150344

People have a lot to do online and you can not expect them to read lengthy and meaningless posts. Make your post short and informative as possible. Just like in school's exam where some students will write on extra paper and end up scoring below those who write half a page. A typical definition of not how far but how best.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
You can drop some reasonable posts in the forum and still receive no merit at all, thus creating a good post does not guarantee any.Thus, as a member of the forum, you can acquire merit by simply putting in the necessary work and commitment; merit will manifest itself in a variety of ways.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
"Do you think merit is by chance or lengthy article?"

Merit is neither one nor the other. You don't get merit by chance. If your post gets merit, it means something about the post was liked by other people. It could be anything. Starting from jokes, ending with constructive and useful information. Merits are given not because of the number of characters in the text. Long articles personally turn me off and I believe that the post should be extremely concise.

Merit is (make) efforts (be active).
Activity: 952
Merit: 541
There is no such thing as coincidence, your efforts will determine how much merit you will get. Writing long articles has no guarantee of getting merit because each member will evaluate a post objectively. Believe it or not, merit often comes in posts that you never expected to get merit such as posts that answer other members' questions or short posts that correct mistakes made by other members.

If you post only hoping for merit, you will be disappointed and feel like people here are unfair because no one appreciates your post. First learn how the merit system works, you will get an idea of how to get merits that can help you achieve a higher rank.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 475
Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!
Initially, I was to think merit is by chance ( i.e something that will just happen) or lengthy article ( i.e writing too many paragraphs and the rest of them), but I have come to realize that, it is more than that.
I have being discouraged several times because of my numerous posts and replies yet no merit then. Even now, some times I use to be discourage. However, the only way to get merit is by posting quality article ( that is what determines merit) which almost everybody is aware of now.
In summary, don't look at the quantity of post you have make so far but instead try to adjust, I mean improve in your posts, above all be consistent and patient that is the key.
They can be get by both ways, by chance and by writing useful articles or creating topics. Articles don't have to be lengthy as long as they are useful and contributing to this forum. And you are right about the fact that many of the articles that a newbie want to post are already posted by someone else and they have got some merits too, but you don't getting any, in that situation, don't try to copy others, learn things and then try to explaing the article or findings in your own ways. Be creative.

I got merits by chance and on creating topics too, I earned most of the merits on my replies, if I am not wrong, you want to get merit, try to remain active in your local board because only local board will help you grow rank wise, as getting merits from others (except sources and ogz) is so rare. So don't discourage yourself and keep growing.
Activity: 714
Merit: 606
I only post two words + image and I got 5 merits so far.
Amateur Tongue
Sigh, I need to buy 7 merits.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
Initially, I was to think merit is by chance ( i.e something that will just happen) or lengthy article ( i.e writing too many paragraphs and the rest of them), but I have come to realize that, it is more than that.
I have being discouraged several times because of my numerous posts and replies yet no merit then. Even now, some times I use to be discourage. However, the only way to get merit is by posting quality article ( that is what determines merit) which almost everybody is aware of now.
In summary, don't look at the quantity of post you have make so far but instead try to adjust, I mean improve in your posts, above all be consistent and patient that is the key.

Nope you don't need any lengthy post to get merit since you just need to be on point regarding on what you are posting according to the topic discussed. Also just don't think about merit since as you said it will disappoint you. Maybe you need to focus for providing good post here which can help other people to understand some things that new to them or you became so helpful on the community.

If you think you have unmerited good post then go on this thread  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/merit-share-your-best-poststhreads-with-fillippone-to-be-merit-assessed-5412657  and compile your post made then place it there. Then wait if fillippone the thread creator will find your post worth it to get some merits.
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
I think the merit system is similar to people who create free things on the internet, aiming to provide more valuable content to the community. In the end, people support them (like buying them a coffee), and merit is a good way to counter spam that only aims for quantity (some people just copy from YouTube, Reddit, and spam it hard). It makes people leave forums when they don't see anything of value, just copied things from the internet.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 670
The amount will not affect whether they will get Merit or not. The length of sentences or paragraphs will also not be considered. everything is more about the message or content of the information you provide.
just do what you like in the forum, read more information, and don't expect too much to get Merit. if you force it, maybe you will never get it. keep your spirits up and keep trying your best on the forum. The development you get from the forum depends on how much interest and desire you have here.
Activity: 336
Merit: 495
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
I don't know if it's just me but I think posts concerning merits have been raised frequently this week. Anyways back to the question. Merits are not rewarded based on  lengthy threads. If not , obviously if that was the case every single lengthy thread here on this forum would have a ton of merits. It is very possible to have a very lengthy garbage post however you could have a post of just 2 paragraphs carrying valid information. In fact I have discovered that most forum members prefer nicely summarized posts carrying pure info compared to a lengthy thread on same topic.

Merits depend on quality not length of the  post. Infact the more quality your post carries the more people would always want to venture reading it and thus merit it. Like I always say merits are magnets to quality posts the higher the impact of the thread the higher the chances of more merit.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 911
Merit is not earned by writing long posts, you might be writing long posts and you won’t be receiving merit, and someone who’s writing short posts will be receiving merit, so don’t end up writing long and useless posts, you won’t receive merit for that. What makes you deserve merit is the amount of information your post contains and how quality it is. Some short posts might carry lots of informations, some people are always making things short when expressing themselves, but I am not saying long posts don’t receive merit also. If anyone finds the post useful, then you are going to be merited. All I will say is that, if you are writing long or short posts, make sure your post is educative.

I have being discouraged several times because of my numerous posts and replies yet no merit then.
Why so desperate to get merit? If you are really desperate to get merit, then you might not even get merit. The best thing is to just post freely and make sure you are making quality contributions to the forum. If you are posting here just because you need merit, then you might end up not getting it, but if you post freely, you will be surprised with the way merits will be flowing into your account. Because you posted and you didn’t receive merit doesn’t mean your posts are useless, just that maybe people that the posts might be useful to don’t have any merit to give you.
Activity: 56
Merit: 3
You need to invest sufficient time to succeed in the forum. You should try to read and understand more and more threads. Most importantly you continue to follow the seniors. You have to remember what they are focusing more on and what direction they are giving to the juniors. If you are talented, everyone will get your smell.
Activity: 882
Merit: 507
You already accumulated a total of 6 merits for yourself and that should be a good enough number for you to be able to build a personal understanding around the subject of merits and how members are being rewarded, just as you are confused about the way merits distribution works same way every other members of the forum.
Merits awarding is based on the smerits holders feeling and how they view your posts, you can make a line line reply, you may get merited for it, and also make a tons of write but never get rewarded, so their is no known mechanism to how merits are awarded since it based on individuals.
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
 I don't know if it's just me or someone else has noticed this; it's as if there's no more interesting or informative thread to create do users just go ahead and recycle posts that have been made only difference is they use another title? This stuff you're talking about Op, I wonder to what end because if you've been patient enough to do your research you would have found that such threads have been made and adequate replies have been given.
 Honestly the more we talk about this is like we are beating a dead horse and it becomes stale. Why not read more so you can contribute meaningfully to posts instead of rehashing something that's been treated? Or are you hoping to get merits from this? Instead of this, try doing something creative that hasn't been thought of, and you'd get what you are looking for.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I only post two words + image and I got 5 merits so far.
Amateur Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
Another trivial topic from a newbie. I always wonder, OP, at what time do newbies have the epiphany of merit to create topics like this? Don't you read what other newbies write about this? Practically repeating what was said many times. But I always assumed that someone who has gone through this experience and can set their own example should talk about it.
OP, if you don't want to look stupid, then after this thread, you should blow up the forum with the amount of merit that will rain down on you. After all, you have now learned the truth. Otherwise, all your words are just theory, but where is the practice?
Activity: 336
Merit: 134
Newbies writing creating topics to advice other users about the forum is ridiculous. As a newbie, you should first learn about the forum, spend some time studying the profiles, posting patterns of reputable members. Outside the forum learn more about bitcoin and improve your knowledge there. Merits will come at the time they will come. The more knowledge you have the better your contribution to important discussion going on here, asking useful questions but do not advice other users.
Activity: 41
Merit: 4

Hey Op, IMO I don't think being consistent and patient alone can earn you merits, bitcoinTalk has it's name implies, you should be able to know about it and how it works, I use a bot that notifies me of any new post in the boards am tracking and funny enough that most of the new posts are questions about Bitcoin, wallet etc which I don't know and am limited to join the conversations.

Would you still encourage me to be consistent?
If I do, I will end up being a shit poster. I think the real deal is to learn about Bitcoin, how it works, study the market, know about the bull run, halving, HODL etc. You can only earn merits if you know what you are doing before you add consistent and patient to it.

Meanwhile, I got to know that HODL is a misspelling of HOLD, correct or not?
Activity: 812
Merit: 560
Merit is not by chance or how lengthy your article is, to my best of knowledge, the more the article content of what you're posting is the more its getting complicated for others to read and understand the major idea in your post, so merit is giving by the level of the quality of your post, which is felt by the reader and he make the judgement that your post is deserving to receive merit provided that he has some smerits to give out, be it a merit source or other members of the forum.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 2162
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA
I disagree, there's no criteria or requirement in order to earn merit, just like my post below, I only post two words + image and I got 5 merits so far.

Lengthy article only make your post high unlikely get deleted, but it's not related to merit.

Merit is just like a gift, don't expect anyone e.g. friends, girlfriend, parents etc will give you something on your birthday.

Oh well...

I agree: unless you wrote really bad or off-topic, if you participate in threads you find interesting, in the end you'll earn merits when you less expect it. No need to be Shakespeare here.

Members can also get a boost by participating in the various contests that are held in the forum from time to time (pie contest, pizza contest, pumpkin carving contest...), where the effort and love for Bitcoin are usually rewarded.
Pages:
Jump to: