Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think mining will be profitable again ? - page 6. (Read 7079 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
If/When the price of BTC rises, it will become profitable again, give it time.

actually it wouldn't because the diff will rise too, the only hope is the time between the price increase and the time needed for the diff to rise accordingly, only in that frame you can earn something
Activity: 587
Merit: 500
If/When the price of BTC rises, it will become profitable again, give it time.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
Hello,
I really want start mining, but I know actually it's not profitable and most of the time it's a waste of money.
So I wanted to kknow if you think that the mining will be profitable again ?
If not, why there is still so much miner ?

hi MonkeyCoin11.

around the world there are a lot of different context...
first of all it is the electricity cost...
With a very low electricity cost, 5/8dollar cents for kilowatt, you can mine and gain even if the price remains low.
With a EU electricity cost, 20/30dollar cents for kilowatt, you can mine, but not in gain at this bitcoin price...

some days ago, a read this interesting analisys...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1018398

if you want.. take a look
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
it also depends on WHAT you mine. Say what you will about altcoins, they provide a way to mine something and then trade that for bitcoins.
Is it easy to sell altcoin that is easy to mine ?

Not exactly.

Try using https://www.coinwarz.com

There are many different altcoins that are changing difficulty and market value.

Coinwarz is a great site.  Only thing is difficulty and price change quickly on some coins.

I suggest looking into multipools with BTC payout if you are wanting to mine alt sha coins.  That being said you would be better off with mining BTC in a lot of cases.  Or renting and bringing in even more.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
it also depends on WHAT you mine. Say what you will about altcoins, they provide a way to mine something and then trade that for bitcoins.

Not exactly.

Try using https://www.coinwarz.com

There are many different altcoins that are changing difficulty and market value.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100

there are still many miners, because they have already reached their ROi, it's all profit from now for them, especially with their contract that offer to them cheap electricity

for the future, for the future, mining could be profitable only if the price will rise faster than the diff, otherwise if the ratio diff/price will remain 1:1, it won't change anything
Oh i did not know that :O
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
there are still many miners, because they have already reached their ROi, it's all profit from now for them, especially with their contract that offer to them cheap electricity

for the future, mining could be profitable only if the price will rise faster than the diff, otherwise if the ratio diff/price will remain 1:1, it won't change anything
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
It varies greatly.  Personally I say with a underclocked good miner and cheap electricity it can be done.  But not everyone has the cheap electricity.

Are you able to tell us your electricity price?   We can learn a lot about your situation with that.
I do not know exactly the price of my electricity because i pay to the owner of my flat the "charge" and he is paying electricity, gaz, water, etc... with these charge.
I can tell you I am in Belgium if it helps.

Sure it will, mining is important for the existence of Bitcoin so the market will regulate itself either by the lower difficulty or higher price of BTC.
Some people are also looking towards the halving with hope, we'll see how it goes.
It looks like to take a while, i hope you are true Smiley

It varies greatly.  Personally I say with a underclocked good miner and cheap electricity it can be done.  But not everyone has the cheap electricity.

Are you able to tell us your electricity price?   We can learn a lot about your situation with that.
I do not know exactly the price of my electricity because i pay to the owner of my flat the "charge" and he is paying electricity, gaz, water, etc... with these charge.
I can tell you I am in Belgium if it helps.

Sure it will, mining is important for the existence of Bitcoin so the market will regulate itself either by the lower difficulty or higher price of BTC.
Some people are also looking towards the halving with hope, we'll see how it goes.
It looks like to take a while, i hope you are true Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Hello,
I really want start mining, but I know actually it's not profitable and most of the time it's a waste of money.
So I wanted to kknow if you think that the mining will be profitable again ?
If not, why there is still so much miner ?
Pages:
Jump to: