Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think Satoshi will ever spend his bitcoins? - page 4. (Read 9361 times)

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
Imagine if he splits all of his bitcoins evenly into everyone on this forum's bitcoin address if they filled it in.
That would be awesome but it would probably crash the price.

Well, no need for imagining that because it will never happen. Although it would be so f*cking cool Cheesy
I really don't see why he would do that either. There are many users of bitcoin that have never even heard of this forum, and a lot of users do not have a BTC address on their profile. If he were to give away his BTC then it would be much more likely that it would be to a good cause that he supports (the coins would likely be given over time).
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
Imagine if he splits all of his bitcoins evenly into everyone on this forum's bitcoin address if they filled it in.

Well, no need for imagining that because it will never happen. Although it would be so f*cking cool Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
When that Dorian guy was accused of being Satoshi, apparently the reral satoshi logged on to a website via his old handle and said it wasn't Dorian. Was that ever confirmed as real or was it fake, or could nobody be sure?
It was defiantly an account that was controlled by satoshi prior to bitcointalk.org coming into existence. In theory it could have been hacked but I would find it very unlikely that the account gets hacked the day newsweek goes with their story. Even more unlikely that it would be hacked and not used until then.

I think it would have been pretty cool to see Satoshi donate some of his bitcoin to the fund that was going to newsweek's satoshi.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
When that Dorian guy was accused of being Satoshi, apparently the reral satoshi logged on to a website via his old handle and said it wasn't Dorian. Was that ever confirmed as real or was it fake, or could nobody be sure?

Someone logged into that account, but nobody really knows who and there is no way to know.

I think Satoshi likely mined many coins that we do not know about. I think he has already sold many of those and won't be touching the coins that we know are his for at least a few years.
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
unless he eats air I think so
he may have a high quantity to spend in so many different things
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
What I think would be phenomenal is if he split up a majority of his BTC into 0.1s and other small amounts, and send 0.00000001 BTC transactions with 0.1 fee or 0.25 fee to introduce the BTC back into the ecosystem

if he did that recently then miners would be more profitable too for a small amount of time
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
Sorry for noob question but how do you know his address? Can you show it to me? How many bitcoins he has?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I hope he never touches them it would cause panic and could potentially ruin Bitcoin people would wonder why it was moved.

I doubt people would panic if he spends 50 or 100 coins to cover some expenses.

Sure if he moves 500k around then that's a different story.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
No.
Satoshi never spent his bitcoins in the past.
Why would he bother spending them now?

Ofc he can reap in all the rewards, but he doesn't want to do anything anymore with BTC.
Or does he?   Shocked
How would he reap the rewards if he does not spend any of his BTC? He would not have any other way to profit from BTC without actually selling/spending his BTC.
I meant he could take the btc as he pleases. Not what you said. Lol
According to what I know about Satoshi I think, his Bitcoins are just considered Test-Coins.
Satoshi is the kind of guy, who makes his tests in the productive system and then just destroys the data after the test is complete.
It is very rare for someone to destroy data like this after a test is complete. Scientists and researchers usually do not know if some data is going to be important in the future so they are very likely to keep it archived somehow.
Activity: 159
I'm sure it would be bad for bitcoin as you know what panic sellers are like.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
I hope he never touches them it would cause panic and could potentially ruin Bitcoin people would wonder why it was moved.

It would be fun watching people panic though  Grin

Could be bad for Bitcoin though everyone might panic and think he knows somethings wrong so hes getting out whilst he can still profit meaning hundreds of people would probably panic sell and the value of Bitcoin would slump.

It would be fun watching people panic though  Grin
Activity: 602
Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
Yes I think one day he will. But he will reveal something that will completely change everyones view on bitcoin!

What's that supposed to mean?Cheesy I hope he uses them for the greater good of bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
I don't think he is going to use them. The system is not anonymous enough and he has too many to use a mixer effectively.

Maybe if Tor wasn't under suspicion of being compromised he could use his coins to run an anonymous mixer (coins come in, get mixed around with his) providing him with some anonymity but that also would draw legal attention for laundering.

I think it will be his next of kin that ultimately benefit.

Or just buy/sell altcoins every day for a couple of bitcoins and they are mixed and perfect for use so no one can trace him. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
Yes I think one day he will. But he will reveal something that will completely change everyones view on bitcoin!
yeah, except  why would anyone destroy billions of dollars?
Activity: 714
According to what I know about Satoshi I think, his Bitcoins are just considered Test-Coins.
Satoshi is the kind of guy, who makes his tests in the productive system and then just destroys the data after the test is complete.

Well, he would have to be a ridiculously decent person just to consider them as a test. Having that sort of money could corrupt even the most moral of men.
Think about it that way:
You are programming a system for a webshop. You make yourself a test-account, with 1 billion $. After you have finished your changes, you just delete the test-account.
The difference here is, that you can't delete your bitcoins, so you destroy the Private Key.
Pages:
Jump to: