Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think Satoshi will ever spend his bitcoins? - page 6. (Read 9361 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
he could just skim US$250k in fiat per year from his BTC accounts and no-one would ever notice.
I think people would notice that. 250k US$ would come out to roughly 415 BTC per year @ $600 per BTC. That means that he would need to move coins from at least 9 addresses that he used to mine to (assuming each address has 50 BTC each) that he controls. If he were to use his newer addresses that he used first then it would be likely that the public would not know for sure that it was him but the public would know that a very early adopter was cashing out/moving their coins. Eventually he would need to move coins from addresses that is much more obvious are controlled by him.

For the OP: I think there is a good chance that he may cash out at one point, but this really depends on his financial situation, if he is otherwise well off then he may not need to cash out, but may rather decide to leave his bitcoin to his children (his children selling bitcoin after his death would likely have less of an impact on the market then him selling). 
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
So, do you think Satoshi will ever spend his bitcoins?
You can only answer with Yes or No on the poll. Got it?

This is going to be very interesting to see the results.
The reason there isn't a "maybe" is so that we can get a definite answer.

Satoshi will spend his coins when he becomes world's first trillionaire with his 1M+ Bitcoins. It requires 1BTC = $1M.

I have a statistical explanation why 1BTC may equal 1M USD in future...

Value of 1BTC (around figure)

2009 => 10-2 USD
2010 => 10-1 USD
2011 => 100 USD
2012 => 101 USD
2013 => 102 USD
2014 => 103 USD
2015 => 104 USD
2016 => 105 USD
2017 => 106 USD

--- Early Adoption Ends Here and The Price Stabilizes ---

I love this one Smiley Very very Bullish - in my style =]

But "It requires 1BTC = $1M" - sounds like Satoshi will be not able to live so long Cheesy

I don't think your calculations are correct.

Btw. I think Satoshi will one day move his coins - dunno what he will do with them but he should do something Smiley such a waste if those coins will be never spent.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
I'm sure he will have to spend some of them at some point, right?   I mean unless he is already wealthy enough to not need any supplemental income to what he does for a living...

Just coming up with the concept and then rolling it out must have taken up so much of his (or their) time...hard to believe that he (or they) have another fully successful living that they were doing simultaneously...
Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
he could just skim US$250k in fiat per year from his BTC accounts and no-one would ever notice.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
i wish he deliberately send his bitcoins to void since start of mining
that would be better for bitcoin
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Satoshi will spend his coins when he becomes world's first trillionaire with his 1M+ Bitcoins. It requires 1BTC = $1M.

2009 => 10-2 USD
2010 => 10-1 USD
2011 => 100 USD
2012 => 101 USD
2013 => 102 USD
2014 => 103 USD
2015 => 104 USD
2016 => 105 USD
2017 => 106 USD

Cool Everyone here would be rich if that happened. You're very optimistic.
Activity: 490
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

2009 => 10-2 USD
2010 => 10-1 USD
2011 => 100 USD
2012 => 101 USD
2013 => 102 USD
2014 => 103 USD
2015 => 104 USD
2016 => 105 USD
2017 => 106 USD

I don't think that rise will be so strong. Even the most of 2014 price hasn't been that close to 1k$
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital

2009 => 10-2 USD
2010 => 10-1 USD
2011 => 100 USD
2012 => 101 USD
2013 => 102 USD
2014 => 103 USD
2015 => 104 USD
2016 => 105 USD
2017 => 106 USD

Activity: 700
I think he will spend some. Just not until it goes mainstream. Hopefully not too much though. Or he will scare the whole bit economy. Another theory that satoshi doesnt exist or he was hired as a techy to develop it and thats just a government wallet.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Bling Bling

Ha, the guy who invented this awesome currency??? Nahhh, I don't know... I guess he's one of those ultra-smart geeks or nerds that don't get off of money or women and stuff. But I'd like to invite him one day so I can show him a good time, if you know what I mean, hahah!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
He would be crazy to touch it. The NSA / CIA / FBI / Mafia / NASA / IRS and the rest of the alphabet is watching those coins like a hawk.

Each of them, having their own agenda to ID him.  Sad

Best thing, would be, to dump those coins into charities and upcoming BTC business and let them chase down all the coins.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564
Is there anyway to confirm whether Satoshi has spent in BTC? All transactions are anonymous so unless he/she comes out and admits it the world will never know

We'll know if the price takes a sudden dive. He is rumoured to control at least a million btc.
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
To create a new currency, own a significant amount of that currency, and then not conduct any transactions in that currency seems at most very hypocritical and at least very anticlimactic.

It's like Al Gore never using the internet!  Grin

Is there anyway to confirm whether Satoshi has spent in BTC? All transactions are anonymous so unless he/she comes out and admits it the world will never know, which is quite cool. Or, how do ppl know what his addresses could be? It would be silly for him/her to create this wealth and then have to continue to work some regular job to pay the bills.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564
Remember that post on ning earlier in the year when the whole dorian nakamoto saga was going on? It looks like the real satoshi is both alive and well and keeps up to date with what's going on with his invention. So I think he will cash out when he feels the time is right. I hope he does it gradually or the price will crash!

Another possibility is that the "real satoshi" is actually a sovereign state and their holdings will be converted into a reserve of some sort. Will be quite ironic if a government has Bitcoin by the short and curlies!
Activity: 154
Is there life on Mars?
maybe Grin but i think he won't move first 10k block of bitcoin
are there anyone here watch / monitor some satoshi blocks of bitcoin?
if anyone notice that, bitcoin market will respond it with huge dumps

I'm sure people are monitoring those addresses. I mean the first addresses Satoshi mined with are pretty well known. I guess people even send some Satoshis (Wink no pun intended) to those addresses with messages attached Cheesy
Activity: 644
maybe Grin but i think he won't move first 10k block of bitcoin
are there anyone here watch / monitor some satoshi blocks of bitcoin?
if anyone notice that, bitcoin market will respond it with huge dumps
Activity: 154
Is there life on Mars?
may be he lost it?  Huh

I think me even may have deliberately destroyed the keys or never even kept them somewhere. After all, he needed to keep the system going and just try out a few things. I don't know if he'd jeopardize his life's work by moving such amounts of BTC! The market would go crazy!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
may be he lost it?  Huh
Activity: 364
I beleve Im sure hes been mining and spending those coins and not spending the first bitcoins ever mined. Im sure he in a pool of miners or among us mining coins at this very moment
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
i think the answer is yes . no one who create what they build and leave it and forget it .

Lots of examples of good code out there. Open source. Original programmers have gone, but their software continues to be developed, or continues to be used, like abandonware.
Pages:
Jump to: