Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think Satoshi will ever spend his bitcoins? - page 8. (Read 9361 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
I voted for yes.
Satoshi will most likely use his coins.
Why wouldn't he?
Being the creator makes him an early adopteder at the same time.
In fact, he's the first adopter and he devoted so much time in something that he didn't know how will end.
Now he owns hundred of thousands of bitcoins and he is very happy about that.
Personally, I think he'll come back in couple of years.
At that point, bitcoin will be widely used, and buying stuff with bitcoin
would be as easy as buying with fiat.
So, he will USE his coins.
But since when does using bitcoins means exchanging with fiat?
He will just buy stuff. Nothing more.
Also, who knows that Sathoshi isn't already using bitcoin?
We can't be sure we know every Satoshi's wallet address.
He may have a secret 100 btc wallet, and living from it Smiley

I have exactly the same opinion about Satoshi and his Bitcoins and I wrote it before, but you've explained it perfectly.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
World Class Cryptonaire
When Bitcoin becomes huge he will start moving them, but not before that because it would cause too much of a price panic and could crash the market. That smart of a man would not be dumb enough to lose his private key.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
In math we trust.
I voted for yes.
Satoshi will most likely use his coins.
Why wouldn't he?
Being the creator makes him an early adopteder at the same time.
In fact, he's the first adopter and he devoted so much time in something that he didn't know how will end.
Now he owns hundred of thousands of bitcoins and he is very happy about that.
Personally, I think he'll come back in couple of years.
At that point, bitcoin will be widely used, and buying stuff with bitcoin
would be as easy as buying with fiat.
So, he will USE his coins.
But since when does using bitcoins means exchanging with fiat?
He will just buy stuff. Nothing more.
Also, who knows that Sathoshi isn't already using bitcoin?
We can't be sure we know every Satoshi's wallet address.
He may have a secret 100 btc wallet, and living from it Smiley
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
I hope he will spend his bitcoins on 3rd world countries and to support only the best charities!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Why wouldn't he?

If you sat on a million dollars, would you just look at it or buy whatever you want?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
So, do you think Satoshi will ever spend his bitcoins?
You can only answer with Yes or No on the poll. Got it?

This is going to be very interesting to see the results.
The reason there isn't a "maybe" is so that we can get a definite answer.

I don't see the point of her holding that many bitcoins and not spending them. Maybe at some point she will need to pay someone for something or buy someone off who is trying to do bad things.

But honestly she can do whatever she wants.
I just sometimes think that Satoshi is mastermind behind Bitcoin idea but there is much more in background of Bitcoin development. It is quite possible that some strong organisation is behind Bitcoin.
Activity: 518
No I do not think so, because it could reveal his identity - and perhaps people would go after him,  I think he values his anonymity more.

I doubt Satoshi is actually 1 person...Looking at the code you can pretty much see different people were working on the project.]I doubt Satoshi is actually 1 person...Looking at the code you can pretty much see different people were working on the project.

Many people have been working on Bitcoin since, but version 0.0.1 looks like it's written by one - or at max five people to me. Satoshi was the guy who put all of the ideas (from the mailing list and elsewhere) together
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
We don't know who is Satoshi, so we can'0t answer this question, just guess.
Satoshi can be individual, cooperation, government etc. even group of people.
Also, we don't know their goal behind, their true agenda, why they created Bitcoin, and without this we can't know what they will do with Bitcoins.
Activity: 784
I doubt Satoshi is actually 1 person...Looking at the code you can pretty much see different people were working on the project.

I am guessing it was a group of around 7 people working on it together and I am guessing they all have 0 bitcoins now.  They probably sold them early in the game when they each made a million dollars and left the scene...
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
It depends...depends on the question: who is Satoshi? No-one sure that Satoshi is a single person. May be it's some organisation or government of some country...

I think that it is quite possible that Satoshi is just one person representing some corporation or even government because it is more to see one person in front of some project then some organisation.
I want to believe that it's a single person...but I think that it's a government...
Activity: 879
Merit: 1013
Considering how cautious he/them was/were I don't think he will touch any bitcoins known to be owned by him.

I can imagine that he might have other coins which he actively uses.
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Knowledge its everything
I think he won't spend his bitcoin
If he sold all Bitcoin he's have, that mean he's think fiat better than bitcoin
and you know what happen if he's all his BTC right  Grin

We don't know who satoshi is really or is he still he alive
It depends...depends on the question: who is Satoshi? No-one sure that Satoshi is a single person. May be it's some organisation or government of some country...

I think that it is quite possible that Satoshi is just one person representing some corporation or even government because it is more to see one person in front of some project then some organisation.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
I think he hasn't yet because it could risk de-legitimizing Bitcoin....

I think at some point those coins will move. I can't see sitting on that much potential wealth and never moving it. I think if and when they do move it would cause a bit of a panic. If they never move then the owner is a better man then I.

I think it would be incredible if they never move it really shows that satoshi actually cared about the project and removes the possibility of people calling it out as a scam for the creator to earn a quick buck.

"Creators" have the right to make money off of their creations and be proud of it, without having to be concerned what others think.

Sure they do, but not spending it removes that criticism. No one can say Satoshi mined tonnes of coins before they were hard to mine and then dumped them later.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
I don't really see anywhere in this economy to spend that amount of coin. I guess he could buy Overstock completely out of product and open his own online store. He would probably put BitPay out of business doing it though.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
No, because he forget where he put his wallet..
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
Voted yes because if Satoshi is human (not an agency, corporation, organization etc.) there is a strong possibility that if he or she does not spend his or her bitcoin his or her estate will. This issue here is depending on the jurisdiction is capital gains taxes triggered on death (deemed disposition upon death), estate taxes or both.
Activity: 924
I bet a lot of the early early adopters sold when btc hit 10 bucks a piece, im sure they kept some, but I bet the most were spent. Except for satoshis addresses. If I was one of the first and had thousands of coins and all of a sudden they were worth 10 bucks a piece, you bet Id be selling some, or a lot. Especially if they held on to them for a couple years, bitcoin really didnt do much until the spring of 2013.
Pages:
Jump to: