Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you use a VPN? - page 8. (Read 2428 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
November 23, 2019, 05:24:03 PM
depending on what you need, browser version or desktop
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 16, 2019, 02:26:08 AM
yes I use the integrated vpn in the opera browser, but some say it's just a proxy
Activity: 2100
Merit: 618
October 15, 2019, 08:19:45 AM
I think VPN are sort of a double edged Sword. I personally feel pretty safe while using VPN while I am surfing around the web especially when I am using forum and other usual sites. But I am pretty afraid of using VPN when it comes to using my wallets and exchanges. Generally exchanges don't like people using VPN and can block accounts suspecting intrusion and moreover VPN does gets all the data we surf around the web So I never think it's a wise option to do so.
Well before i am using vpn because it is trending in my work but i stop using it because i prefer to used wifi rather than vpn, i think using wifi is more better and safer, vpn is okay to used but many people nowadays is getting angry when you are a user of vpn.
VPN is just a virtual private network which allows you to use their IP address by using a proxy on your original IP address it's nowhere a substitute of Wifi I don't understand why have you posted this. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
October 14, 2019, 12:28:54 PM
Well before i am using vpn because it is trending in my work but i stop using it because i prefer to used wifi rather than vpn, i think using wifi is more better and safer, vpn is okay to used but many people nowadays is getting angry when you are a user of vpn.

What are you talking about, WiFi is not substitute for VPN or vice versa. Somehow i have a feeling that you don't know what VPN actually is.

In very simple terms, a VPN connects your PC, smartphone, or tablet to another computer (called a server) somewhere on the internet, and allows you to browse the internet using that computer’s internet connection. So if that server is in a different country, it will appear as if you are coming from that country, and you can potentially access things that you couldn’t normally.

So how does this help you? Good question! You can use a VPN to:

Bypass geographic restrictions on websites or streaming audio and video.
    Watch streaming media like Netflix and Hulu.
    Protect yourself from snooping on untrustworthy Wi-Fi hotspots.
    Gain at least some anonymity online by hiding your true location.
    Protect yourself from being logged while torrenting.

Read more about VPN here.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 115
September 07, 2019, 04:56:59 PM
I do not use a VPN

When I looked into it I liked ProtonVPN
https://protonvpn.com/

Ive read that Switzerland has some of the strongest privacy laws
Activity: 882
Merit: 260
October 14, 2019, 11:07:12 AM
Activity: 71
October 14, 2019, 09:56:54 AM
I don 't use VPN.
Activity: 147
Merit: 1
October 14, 2019, 08:58:08 AM
So I'm interested if people use VPNs and if so, which ones. Last week I decided that I need to get one. Did some research and right now I'm thinking between Surfshark, Vypr, TunnelBear. I'm particularly interested in surfshark more as it seems there's a lot of positive vibe around them on the web.

I am using Tunnel Bear it works very good, also if you promote them on social media you get free 1GB.
Activity: 17
September 09, 2019, 07:59:35 AM
Yes i use VPN on a daily basis actually
Activity: 106
September 09, 2019, 01:00:58 AM
I dont wan't lose my internet speed thats why I will never use VPN while working
Activity: 60
Merit: 1
September 08, 2019, 02:06:21 PM
I hardly used it unless I want to access a website that is restricted in my country
Activity: 616
Merit: 108
io.ezystayz.com
September 04, 2019, 12:14:03 PM
Whoever doesn't have a VPN in 2019 is just living under a stone. The government knows what you are doing in order to protect yourself you need to have a vpn. I used Torguard for a time, but now i use Ivacy.
Activity: 961
Merit: 110
SweetBet.com
September 05, 2019, 04:45:50 PM
I use NordVPN and am very happy with it. I've tried other VPNs in the past, but Nord seems to be the best and most advanced one so far.
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
September 05, 2019, 02:20:56 PM
Depends, yes. Using free version from ProtonVPN fits all my needs.
Activity: 32
September 05, 2019, 05:07:16 AM
Hey! Many of you won't be aware of how to check if your VPN is leaking or not. Just perform the test on the trial:
1) Find your Public IP Address and Note it down
2) Connect the VPN
3) Repeat the step 1 again
Note: Now check if the IP Address before and after VPN connection is same then it means your VPN is leaking.
4) Get rid of it ASAP. Tongue
Activity: 1540
Merit: 759
September 05, 2019, 01:00:42 AM
At home, mostly no - unless I have a specific reason to (work, website related, etc)

When I'm out and about on public WIFI, I do for the most part.
Activity: 12
September 05, 2019, 12:04:48 AM
Whoever doesn't have a VPN in 2019 is just living under a stone. The government knows what you are doing in order to protect yourself you need to have a vpn. I used Torguard for a time, but now i use Ivacy.

If the governement want to know what you do he can easily by asking to the VPN provider to give them logs. Don't tell me "some vpn don't keep logs" it's bullshit. They all need logs for security reason and anyway they government can seize the vpn and listen at what you do. In commercial VPN like torguard.
Activity: 261
Merit: 3
September 01, 2019, 05:35:33 PM
When I need to watch movies on NetFlix platform, I use VPN
Activity: 1
September 01, 2019, 02:11:32 PM
You lose too much internet speed with VPN. For me it's not worth it.

You loose speed if you are using free or cheap VPN. But If you use top VPN like Express VPN, you will barely notice it. I am using it for 4k Netflix and Amazon streams without any problems.
Invest some money in top VPN and you won't be disappointed.
What VPN provider you can recommend? Not very expensive.
brand new
Activity: 0
August 30, 2019, 01:13:25 PM
There are many good VPN services. I think, the choice depends mostly on your budget. When I was preparing for a long trip, I was lucky to find a good colection of useful travel software https://travelsites.com/useful-travel-software/. There were two VPNs there. One of them is ExpressVPN, I found it to be good, the IP addresses were clear. The only thing I didn't like was that there was only one IP address for every country. Speaking about NordVPN, I really enjoyed using it, though it was more expensive, but it is possible to wait for the special offers (like on Black Friday) and buy it much cheaper.
Pages:
Jump to: