Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you use any indicators to predict Bitcoin price movement - page 3. (Read 933 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 282
Hey, let me open by saying Bitcoin is not stock as I know people will respond in such. I merely use stock as an explanation point. I am in the market and real estate as well as gold. With each of these I can follow some information, though not fool proof, that can give me an idea on what a particular investment might do. I see here on this forum people actually say "think positive Bitcoin will go up". Certainly the confidence people have in btc effects it's price but staying positive is not a magic bullet. Thus far I see people's confidence, volume and news reports are the main driving points behind btc movements do you follow anymore.
Bitcoin is not stocks but there do behave the same way and you can used your trading stocks knowledge for bitcoin trading or investment. It might see different but most times obey the same trading rules and investment! I have been using candlesticks formation in trading forex and the same thing I am using in bitcoin/altcoin trading. However we should also praise the impact of fundamentals analysis in bitcoin trading as this always couse most of the price fluctuations we do experience in the market.
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
Hey, let me open by saying Bitcoin is not stock as I know people will respond in such. I merely use stock as an explanation point. I am in the market and real estate as well as gold. With each of these I can follow some information, though not fool proof, that can give me an idea on what a particular investment might do. I see here on this forum people actually say "think positive Bitcoin will go up". Certainly the confidence people have in btc effects it's price but staying positive is not a magic bullet. Thus far I see people's confidence, volume and news reports are the main driving points behind btc movements do you follow anymore.
There are some investors or holders preferred to use indicators where they can predict the price or the indicator help them to predict but there are also some of the holders are much more prefered on their own skills on how they predict the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
You are right news about cryptocurrency can trigger the demand up or down, that's my opinion, for example when hardfort bch still long bitcoin price tends to decrease, but when ahead of HF and there is giving BCH 1: 1 bitcoin price up, correct if I wrong Smiley .
Activity: 308
Merit: 0
Yes, there are some applications or advice by the experts that I know; with the help of this indicators, I can make a wise decision based on the facts that I gather.
It will be a great help not just for me but to other people as well to avoid conflicts resulting to wrong decision.
hi bro, i want to know about what the application name, thanks in advance  Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
No tech analis is working. I can only use scalping and trade short term using boolinger bands
Activity: 182
I and my friends been predicting the bitcoin price movement for months and it is really hard. We've been monitoring and analyzing the market through blockfolio and it seems that the bitcoin dropping of value is not yet finished. There is lot of situations occurred these past few weeks which is one of the reasons why the market is still unpredictable.
Activity: 154
Well, even if the cryptocurrencies market is very dinamic and in a lot of situations completely unpredictable, I saw that usual fundamental and technical analysis help very much to take good decisions. (surely, better than by gut...)
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I use only MACD indicators to predict bitcoin's future prices in next steps. It works generally but this works well if and only if there is no external market news coming about bitcoin. I mean it should be a silent atmosphere.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!
Yes i do use many indicators both technical and fundamental indicators in order to predict the bitcoin price movement, something like RSI,Bollinger bands, Volume price analysis, Price action, and ADX by which i have mastered the trading skills. Bitcoin price movement is not a easy job for me without these indicators. Along with these indicators, i also track about daily bitcoin-related activities so that i don't miss the fundamental factors that influences the bitcoin price movement and by this way, I predict the bitcoin movement.
Activity: 6
Honestly, I don't use any indicators as I suspect that the movement of bitcoin is mostly due to sentiment, rather than the practical nature of the technology.

The trend appears to be as follows;

1. Headlines promoting a new bitcoin high make the rounds as bitcoin nears a new peak
2. New investors notice these headlines, and invest out of sentiment
3. The influx of new investors causes demand to outstrip supply, meanwhile exchanges struggle with the loan, further increases scarcity.
4. More headlines appear and the cycle continues until exchanges cope with the increased activity
5. The price drops around 10-20% until the next wave starts again.

Best advice in the whole thread. Next up comes the "don't bother with TA too easy to be manipulated." I will go in the direction of finding news and considering emotions. It'll be fun. Thank you bud!
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
I don't think if any here in bitcoin community could predict the price of bitcoin movement even the experts on the law of supply and demand have no idea on how to predict. The best way is to monitor the value of bitcoin from time to time. As the performance of the bitcoin this year is very tremendous unexpectedly, hoping to increase as wish by many to have a profit.
No one can predict accurately the value or price of bitcoin but you can use trend reversal signal indicators and some other few indicators like MA to know how to play the market to your favor and profit. It is not ABC, but at least if you know how to use them very well, then you can really do well in your trading.

Most of these indicators have to be mixed anyway to get the best out of them, so you have to learn as much as you can. In my experience, combination of more than one indicator always works better for accurate predictions as it will be based on more confirmations.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
To be honest there is no indicators that will predict the price of bitcoin.
There is some conclusion that somehow it can known the price of bitcoin but we should consider all things before to determine.
Since this is a Holiday season many expert conclude that the price of bitcoin will fluctuates up which is already happen.
Moving average indicator has always helped me anyway, but the truth is that you cannot rely on just only one particular indicator to make decisions. OBV, RSI, Bollinger bands, and so on should be combined to have a solid stand on your decision and know that the decision you are making is actually one that is highly worth taking. With the MA anyway, you can do pretty well with it.

Indicators normally won't give exact prediction, they are just mainly good for following trends, but there are sometimes you can use some retracement to know how to predict what a value could get to before a particular trend ends. However, when following trends with some of the indicators, and most especially, indicators like MA or RSI, then you cannot miss it.
Activity: 448
Merit: 232
Cryptocurrencies are represented by a huge number of digital currencies, which are both similar to each other, and at the same time are fundamentally different from each other. Prognostication of the Bitcoin price can be done by analyzing the correlation between the main cryptos. Correlation of the crypto-currency has the greatest importance for compiling an investment portfolio. Definition of correlation implies the identity of the movement of the price of absolutely different trading assets. All digital currencies belong to the same industry, so the influence of industry-wide news, for example, the problems of working with the exchange, can bring down the rate simultaneously for all crypto-currencies.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
Most indicators are bullshit for predicting the price, there isn't a proper way to predict it.
Just remember that the market is only created based on speculation, fear, and hype, nothing more than that.
So your indicators are useless in order to do this kind of analysis
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

Yes, I can understand your point of view, I agree with you to some extent, but I don't think that only these people's confidence in bitcoin is making the bitcoin price move to $17000. Of course, there are some group of big guys and professional traders and big institutions who are playing along with the people's confidence and will make a profit once they booked it.Recently the china's ban on ico was a good example where the pullback from $6000 to $3000  made people think about the crash but from their, the bitcoin price moved higher and higher to $17000 price level.And it was all because of Big guys support and promoter's holding.
That is the crazy things about this world. We will always have whales and they definitely have the upper hand in the market. They know what they are doing, and they make use of some of these indicators, to either drive market up or down for their own profit, which they do for their own profit.

The main thing is to always think like them and be very smart to make some moves which you cannot, if you end up not using some of those indicators to make good predictions.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
For me the best indicators are the news, if the news about bitcoin the expect that its price will go up and if it is bad then expect that it will go down. Another indicator is by using this forum, read speculations or make a thread and poll asking how much price of bitcoin will sell their bitcoin then after that you can analyze the market and set your own goals.
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
No, I don't think there is any indicator that usually predict bitcoin price movement. The only thing you need to do as a trader is to be mindful of the price flow of bitcoin and watch the market cap.  Another thing you can do is to follow the predictions of some Bitcoin experts probably in their social media networks or in their blogs or sometimes in forums discussion. Their predictions are most times accurate and sometimes tends not to be. And also, Bitcoin is not stock and shouldn't be compared to it.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
Bitcoin price analysis do not mush following technical issues but fundamental issues and we are to follow news and most tweet from majors experts in Bitcoin networks. I have see tweet from expert from  both crypto currencies and our traditional financial systems, moving Bitcoin price up or pull it down completely. Hardfork issues also affect the market and I thing price action indicators such as candlesticks formations also affect Bitcoin price.
Activity: 532
I don't think if any here in bitcoin community could predict the price of bitcoin movement even the experts on the law of supply and demand have no idea on how to predict. The best way is to monitor the value of bitcoin from time to time. As the performance of the bitcoin this year is very tremendous unexpectedly, hoping to increase as wish by many to have a profit.
Activity: 618
Merit: 100
BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange
If you trade bitcoin on trading platforms most of the trading platforms support you with market price analysis tools. Tradingview is a website that provides you with tools to assist you analyze bitcoin as well as other coin to know the upcoming price will go up or down.
Pages:
Jump to: