Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you use any indicators to predict Bitcoin price movement - page 4. (Read 933 times)

Activity: 585
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
No way: bitcoin is so different form usual currencies (or stock market) that no indicator has any value at present.

I'm a big fan of Elliot waves, and until september I was pretty sure bitcoin respected them; then, suddenly, it exploded Sad

So, use indicators if you want, but I don't see any advantage
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
To be honest there is no indicators that will predict the price of bitcoin.
There is some conclusion that somehow it can known the price of bitcoin but we should consider all things before to determine.
Since this is a Holiday season many expert conclude that the price of bitcoin will fluctuates up which is already happen.

Absolutely, there is no indicator to predict on the value of bitcoin all you have to do is to monitor its value on the different sites which you can see it's char. Those economist as bitcoin exoert can't determined directly they need to study some information which to be gathered in order to conclude. Most bitcoin expert speculates that the value of bitcoin will increased by as much as $20,000 which already happening since today is holiday season.
Activity: 182
Merit: 20
Dude, u are so right, I certainly have panic sold with btc. I'm disciplined not to do so with stock having studied it much longer but Bitcoin I react to much differently. I'm getting better with btc but I speculate too mych, I do beleive it's better to take profit on btc now leaving some in to hold but I don't want to get caught with my pants down
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Hey, let me open by saying Bitcoin is not stock as I know people will respond in such. I merely use stock as an explanation point. I am in the market and real estate as well as gold. With each of these I can follow some information, though not fool proof, that can give me an idea on what a particular investment might do. I see here on this forum people actually say "think positive Bitcoin will go up". Certainly the confidence people have in btc effects it's price but staying positive is not a magic bullet. Thus far I see people's confidence, volume and news reports are the main driving points behind btc movements do you follow anymore.

Confidence holding of bitcoiners make not so many bitcoiners panic sell. Panic sell will make price dump but its not happen in bitcoin because of bitcoiners very confidence with the price will go up.
About indicator, i never use any indicator to trade in crypto, i just use how much bid and ask in orderbook.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
Certainly the confidence people have in btc effects it's price but staying positive is not a magic bullet.

Let me tell you that you are right when you said that "bitcoin is not a stock"

A lot of people are considering bitcoin as a stock, and that is why they use dozens of indicators to try to speculate or descifrate how much is bitcoin going to be worth in a few days/minutes/months.

Those indicators that are always being used on forex or stocks, are not going to work by the same way on the crypto markets, only because they work different, and the price of each is different too.

Cryptos are just purely based on speculation, real currencies or stocks/commodities are only based on facts, informations, reserves, and so on.
Activity: 742
Merit: 100
Yes I’m use only MT4 indicators because it is a best for trading and most of the people use this indicators. MT4 also one of the best for bitcoin price movement calculation, if you not use this indicators just try hope you can got a best result with it. I'm use it around 2 years ago and still now i'm use it.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Algorithmic Trader
Hey, let me open by saying Bitcoin is not stock as I know people will respond in such. I merely use stock as an explanation point. I am in the market and real estate as well as gold. With each of these I can follow some information, though not fool proof, that can give me an idea on what a particular investment might do. I see here on this forum people actually say "think positive Bitcoin will go up". Certainly the confidence people have in btc effects it's price but staying positive is not a magic bullet. Thus far I see people's confidence, volume and news reports are the main driving points behind btc movements do you follow anymore.

I'm building my own indicators.
Activity: 241
Merit: 100

Yes, I can understand your point of view, I agree with you to some extent, but I don't think that only these people's confidence in bitcoin is making the bitcoin price move to $17000. Of course, there are some group of big guys and professional traders and big institutions who are playing along with the people's confidence and will make a profit once they booked it.Recently the china's ban on ico was a good example where the pullback from $6000 to $3000  made people think about the crash but from their, the bitcoin price moved higher and higher to $17000 price level.And it was all because of Big guys support and promoter's holding.
Activity: 699
Merit: 438
To be honest there is no indicators that will predict the price of bitcoin.
There is some conclusion that somehow it can known the price of bitcoin but we should consider all things before to determine.
Since this is a Holiday season many expert conclude that the price of bitcoin will fluctuates up which is already happen.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
I do trade Bitcoin with moving average crossing indicator and Bollinger band. This has proof effective and efficient to me as I have about 75% success rate.many robot are also programs based on ma indicator and this makes 200 and 100 moving average on 4 hour chart very effective. I also has a friend that use relatively strength index and this indicator has been very good for him and he has been trading with great success rate. You should peak one of the indicator and development your trading skills with it and from there you may build your expertise around it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 20
We all are acostumbrated to see this kind of spammy posts in this forum, just ignore him because that post is pure garbage, he is just spamming to get paid by his signature campaign.

Yes, there are some applications or advice by the experts that I know; with the help of this indicators, I can make a wise decision based on the facts that I gather.

No, there aren't any indicators that will tell you the exactly price that will be in a few hours/minutes/days/weeks, it is impossible, not even the experts can predict it.

If you are looking for a good indicator, then use bollinger bands, maybe it will help you a bit, but dont make false expectations because you know that no one is able to predict the price, just speculate over it.

But EMA, SMA, and the others are not going to help you
are u referring to me with a spammy post. I don't have a sig campaign and never had one (don't really know what it is)
Activity: 276
Merit: 48
Well, since other people are throwing their hats in the ring for applications you can use. I've made a trading bot called Crabby which we are still actively developing. You can use the backtest feature to look at some of the most common signals and see how those strategies would have performed over any time period in the last year. You can then set up bots. Since it's free to use, you don't have to worry about the high costs that some of the other bots make you dish out without knowing if it will help your trading.

http://crabby.io/

If you try it out, let me know what you think!
Activity: 518
Merit: 494
iam use forex indicator to predict bitcoin price
ussualy use PZ harmonic , pivot point
Activity: 252
Merit: 22
Marketplace for sensor data
There are a lot of trading signal group or trading bot that you can join or use to know the signal about price of all cryptocurrency not only Bitcoin. I think almost traders are using them to get profit from trading, but be careful when you want to buy any trading bot or join any trading signal group cause there are a lot of scam bot and group so you'll lose your Bitcoin if you follow their signal.
Activity: 276
Merit: 48
Like many others have said already, there is no 100% accurate way to determine where the price of Bitcoin will be at any point in the future. This doesn't mean that indicators are useless. They can still give you the trends and momentum of the market to provide you an educated guess. I would use a momentum indicator such as RSI or Stochastic Oscillators, large SMA/EMA periods to understand long term movement, and Bollinger Bands for short term changes and catching breakouts. Best of luck with your trading!
Activity: 266
Merit: 110
I don't really think any indicator works on BTC now. any indicators will be too slow / showing too much noise....
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
I usually use Bollinger, RSI, MACD to predict the next candlestick chart of bitcoin as well as other altcoin. Next peak of bitcoin is $ 20000 and then it will return $ 16000. 2018 will be a boom year for bitcoin and crypto.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

Bollinger's Band, RSI , MACD I use. But the technical event on the cryptocurrency is more fiable I think to predict movement .
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
Outside candlestick formation and pattern, nor of the technical indicators can actually predict bitcoin price as this market is too volatile more than stocks and forex. If you are knowllegable in trading You will agree with me that bitcoin support and resistance level does not hold and you have to be skillful in trading in other to spot the signal from candlestick formations before knowing the change in price directions.
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
Honestly, I don't use any indicators as I suspect that the movement of bitcoin is mostly due to sentiment, rather than the practical nature of the technology.

The trend appears to be as follows;

1. Headlines promoting a new bitcoin high make the rounds as bitcoin nears a new peak
2. New investors notice these headlines, and invest out of sentiment
3. The influx of new investors causes demand to outstrip supply, meanwhile exchanges struggle with the loan, further increases scarcity.
4. More headlines appear and the cycle continues until exchanges cope with the increased activity
5. The price drops around 10-20% until the next wave starts again.
Pages:
Jump to: