Author

Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter? - page 147. (Read 304484 times)

Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
June 05, 2016, 07:38:10 AM
Actually yes. The higher the price the more people are getting interested to it. It is like gold. When the price is down then people are not very interested. When the price rises everyone want to gets on the boat and there is a lot of media coverage. The same holds to Bitcoin and other crypto projects. For that reason, the price really matters.

You are right, since the price of bitcoin now is really pumping and have it's way fly to the moon. It is one to attract more people , users and as well
investors.
So the price of bitcoin really does matter.
For me the people that are attracted to the price is mostly just the investors who made a profit everytime  there is a price like this. I think the best people to attract are those users who has a regular online transactions as they can more appreciate the benefits of bitcoins into their life, we should stick to bitcoins through thick and thin if we are true believers of it, the price increase is just a bonus as there will be a stable price with massive adoption happening.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers
June 05, 2016, 07:34:55 AM
Actually yes. The higher the price the more people are getting interested to it. It is like gold. When the price is down then people are not very interested. When the price rises everyone want to gets on the boat and there is a lot of media coverage. The same holds to Bitcoin and other crypto projects. For that reason, the price really matters.

You are right, since the price of bitcoin now is really pumping and have it's way fly to the moon. It is one to attract more people , users and as well
investors.
So the price of bitcoin really does matter.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
June 05, 2016, 07:24:59 AM
That was a great things for us ,the holders of bitcoins especially those who buy last year and still waiting .and as you've said this will be a great news after this and more investors will be interested.
many effects that would occur if the bitcoin prices are very high, for example, if in the future it touched $5-10k it will attract a lot of people, even the company and also some countries will glance bitcoin and legalize
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
The Blockchain Evolution of Prediction Markets
June 05, 2016, 06:39:06 AM
That was a great things for us ,the holders of bitcoins especially those who buy last year and still waiting .and as you've said this will be a great news after this and more investors will be interested.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
June 05, 2016, 06:29:34 AM
Nowadays the more important thing than price of bitcoin is that what will be the price of bitcoin around halving?

The halving is indeed the main thing. The whole reason the price is rising is because of the halving. Which makes it risky to hold bitcoins for after the halving...
Yes youre right halving makes the bitcoin rise, so if your ok with the price after halving then exchange into fiat, and have a big profit beforw it goes down.

At this point it's more the speculation and the hype around the block halving that is causing the price to go up. It will not last very long as the halving is nearly here. After the block halving the hype will instantly vanish, and the speculation in the price will also vanish, but it will take a bit longer.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
June 05, 2016, 06:27:07 AM
Activity: 312
LTC fan 4ever
June 05, 2016, 04:26:07 AM
Nowadays the more important thing than price of bitcoin is that what will be the price of bitcoin around halving?

The halving is indeed the main thing. The whole reason the price is rising is because of the halving. Which makes it risky to hold bitcoins for after the halving...
Yes youre right halving makes the bitcoin rise, so if your ok with the price after halving then exchange into fiat, and have a big profit beforw it goes down.

I will hold my bitcoin for the long term. If I need to use some money, I will not sell the bitcoin, I will use that directly.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 04, 2016, 10:00:44 PM

Activity: 462
June 04, 2016, 04:17:41 PM

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
June 04, 2016, 02:48:05 PM
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
June 04, 2016, 02:42:39 PM

of course that price of bitcoin matters for many things, first one is amount of altcoins traders, they will trade most expensive currency probably and most popular, so they will always trade bitcoin

and second is people, people trust expensive currency and not cheap ones so of course that if bitcoin will be expensive more people will use it, so i think that price really matters

That is a good point, maybe people trust and value a more expensive currency than a cheap one because it's more precious. But would you like to use such a strong currency for your daily live consumption, like ordering a drink? I always struggle to use bitcoin for daily purchases because I don´t want to pay $5 for a coffee and $6 for a coffee the next day.

That is the reason why I don't treat bitcoin to be the main source of my general expenses and to support my livings.

I care for the price because in the first place, I treat bitcoin as an investment.

It's really different from any currencies since it has an active price volatility.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
June 04, 2016, 01:38:38 PM
I am totally agree with you...

If I answer you no then I'll be lying. Even though my hope is for us to see 1 btc equivalent to 1 btc some day with the price of fiat mean nothing to us, the current movement of the price still gives us the indication in how well accepted btc is and its demand. I do agree with your reasoning but until the I will still closely follow the btc price movement.

Yeah, price really does matter and if we are telling that we don't care about the price of bitcoin and it doesn't matter, you can be considered
as a liar. And that's the market of bitcoin is all about, the price movement of it. All of us are watching the price of it.
Well, if you're a hunter bitcoin true, then the price will not be a problem for you, but I think for most people, the price of bitcoin is something that is important, because it could create a global net profit increased or decreased

yes for most people the price of bitcoin matter who have a large number of bitcoin in their wallets while those who do not have any bitcoin do not care about it, but if they are online earners of bitcoin then they will care.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
June 04, 2016, 12:24:41 PM

If I answer you no then I'll be lying. Even though my hope is for us to see 1 btc equivalent to 1 btc some day with the price of fiat mean nothing to us, the current movement of the price still gives us the indication in how well accepted btc is and its demand. I do agree with your reasoning but until the I will still closely follow the btc price movement.

Yeah, price really does matter and if we are telling that we don't care about the price of bitcoin and it doesn't matter, you can be considered
as a liar. And that's the market of bitcoin is all about, the price movement of it. All of us are watching the price of it.
Well, if you're a hunter bitcoin true, then the price will not be a problem for you, but I think for most people, the price of bitcoin is something that is important, because it could create a global net profit increased or decreased
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
June 04, 2016, 09:35:09 AM

of course that price of bitcoin matters for many things, first one is amount of altcoins traders, they will trade most expensive currency probably and most popular, so they will always trade bitcoin

and second is people, people trust expensive currency and not cheap ones so of course that if bitcoin will be expensive more people will use it, so i think that price really matters

That is a good point, maybe people trust and value a more expensive currency than a cheap one because it's more precious. But would you like to use such a strong currency for your daily live consumption, like ordering a drink? I always struggle to use bitcoin for daily purchases because I don´t want to pay $5 for a coffee and $6 for a coffee the next day.

Usually, people will use the currency of their environment, the currency they get paid in and the currency they can use for daily consumption. If you do everything in BTC, the price does not matter.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 04, 2016, 08:43:43 AM
For true devotees of Bitcoin, the price of the digital currency is almost irrelevant. They believe in its inherent value or, more frequently, cannot see any value at all in the alternative of government issued fiat currency. Price is therefore not a concern. At the other end of the spectrum, for those that harbor what appears to be an irrational hatred of Bitcoin and anything to do with it, the exchange rate also matters little. They were screaming that it was all worthless when the price was at over $1000, and somehow convince themselves that an exchange rate of over 200 times what it was before that bubble proves their point. For the vast majority of people somewhere in the middle, however, the price of the currency in Dollar, Euro, Yuan or whatever terms is important.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/does-the-price-of-bitcoin-matter-cm476312#ixzz3a1cH4qcU

Strength in Numbers
June 04, 2016, 06:36:14 AM

Activity: 658
Merit: 251
June 04, 2016, 06:24:27 AM

Strength in Numbers
June 04, 2016, 06:18:07 AM
Yes the price does matter for us all we are using it and the price is because of that important, otherwise you would not know the worth of the bitcoin.

Without the price bitcoin will be worthless and people tend just to ignore bitcoin if it's price is nothing. That is why price is does really matter
and important for the things that we are using.
Especially in bitcoin, it is really important.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
June 04, 2016, 04:33:07 AM
Yes, price is one of the most important things for traders and miners cause they are living for this earings, for other common users price is also matter when they are buying something online.
I think the price matters from most bitcoin users, and add the services they will get the reason the price matter to them.

It is, the price of bitcoin is really matters for all bitcoin's user. If the price of bitcoin is high, many people will use bitcoin and if the bitcoin's price goes down many peolple will stop using bitcoin.
The value of bitcoins depends on the price and its number of users but in the eyes of the people the price is more evident than the number of users as we cannot ascertain it easily, so when the price is high it is already presume that there are a huge number of users as we are not in the launch stage yet that the price can be manipulated by some whales. Any movement of the price is absolutely due to the reason of the supply and demand so the movement is legitimate.
Activity: 406
June 04, 2016, 12:47:27 AM
Yes, price is one of the most important things for traders and miners cause they are living for this earings, for other common users price is also matter when they are buying something online.
I think the price matters from most bitcoin users, and add the services they will get the reason the price matter to them.

It is, the price of bitcoin is really matters for all bitcoin's user. If the price of bitcoin is high, many people will use bitcoin and if the bitcoin's price goes down many peolple will stop using bitcoin.
Jump to: