Author

Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter? - page 208. (Read 304484 times)

Activity: 344
Merit: 250
November 10, 2015, 12:26:16 PM
Well it only matters for me if I retire.

Because I am planning to get bitcoins and with that BTC I want to retire.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 10, 2015, 11:12:43 AM
The price of bitcoin matters. When people see the rise of bitcoin price, they will get interested in it. They will study and learn it. Then they will like it and invest in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
November 10, 2015, 10:54:16 AM
It does to most people. I as well care about the price. It will take many many years before we see a significant increase in the amount of people who are seeing 1 bitcoin as 1 bitcoin and not the fiat value behind it.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
November 10, 2015, 09:06:40 AM
for me as it is right now, the bitcoin price is very important to me. i do support bitcoin and its technology, but i also like to see myself getting a nice profit in return. it's a win win for most people. you are part of something amazing, and you also be rewarded for being a long term holder.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
November 10, 2015, 08:47:38 AM
In some matter, yes it is really important.
The price of bitcoin is unstable but most of us are really believe that one day, the price of bitcoin will become unstoppable on getting higher.
legendary
Activity: 1134
August 29, 2015, 12:33:46 PM
If with the bitcoin can be assured things, can be bought things, for sure that the price of bitcoin have big importance. Bitcoin "play" the role of a currency and cannot be told that the price of change of this money with the other money have not relevance. This is a nonsense.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
August 29, 2015, 12:18:31 PM
Yes it does matter very much:

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=bitcoin

Google searches and bitcoin price have a 80% correlation factor.

And also forum users, active participants are also very highly correlated with bitcoin price:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=stats

==

Basically the higher the bitcoin price is the more users are attracted, and the more active users there are.
Activity: 994
August 28, 2015, 12:46:22 PM
For me, Bitcoin is a source of income for savings for for me, yes the price matters. I try to follow the Wall Observer thread to find good times to buy and sell Bitcoin. I am in it for the long run though, as I see it as the way of the future. Over time, people will adopt to it.

Ofcourse the price of bitcoin really matters for me as it is a one of the source of income for me, and yes I really get nervous if the prices are going down, and at the present the scenario is the same as it is not growing but it is falling and that is not a great news, So I want that the price of bitcoin should keep on growing higher and higher so that it can be the most profitable investment for me in the future.

yes, I like answers like these which are honest. Hate it when people pretend they want price to grow because they want to see better for community and want the economical evolution would take place. Very few people here honestly give a care about the technology of bitcoin but rather searching for short term ways to make gains through bitcoin. But sometimes, just want something to think about a bigger picture too Smiley
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
August 27, 2015, 02:20:48 PM
For me, Bitcoin is a source of income for savings for for me, yes the price matters. I try to follow the Wall Observer thread to find good times to buy and sell Bitcoin. I am in it for the long run though, as I see it as the way of the future. Over time, people will adopt to it.

Ofcourse the price of bitcoin really matters for me as it is a one of the source of income for me, and yes I really get nervous if the prices are going down, and at the present the scenario is the same as it is not growing but it is falling and that is not a great news, So I want that the price of bitcoin should keep on growing higher and higher so that it can be the most profitable investment for me in the future.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
August 27, 2015, 02:15:31 PM
Most tell that the exact price doesn't matter at all. But I can bet that if the price would rise, even with "1 satoshi" every now and then without falling much and often, the "adoption" would be skyrocketing.

Of course, such things are not healthy for stocks, but for bitcoin which has actually a very limited supply, this should be normal.
But our calculations don't match with "theirs" (the ones that do the big transactions).

Most tell that price doesn't matter, but if the price falls too much too many miners could give up weakening Blockchain security and/or increasing block times too much (if too much hash power is lost in very short time).

So let's face it: bitcoin is a business for too many, so the price does matter.
Activity: 448
August 27, 2015, 02:07:55 PM
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
August 27, 2015, 01:56:29 PM
I would say a little. The price shows how demanded the coin and the believe into the coin is. If you focus on the tech then the price does not matter at all.
Activity: 639
August 26, 2015, 07:20:38 AM
yes i think,,probably only a problem for people who save bitcoin
the price is sometimes rising and suddenly dropped to make them restless  Grin

i don't think so, the price is important for bitcoin itself and not investors only, if the price fall in a dangerous zone, like for example around 100 or below, miners will leave and the network will be insecure, no one want this, so the price matter as everything else related to bitcoin if not more, i see it as the health of bitcoin, how much health bitcoin has, it is reflected by the price
Activity: 252
August 26, 2015, 06:58:24 AM
if viewed in terms of investment  the price is matter,but If look at bitcoin as more of an investment, then it's good that there is an upward trend
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
August 26, 2015, 05:22:29 AM
yeah it matters because we are talking about money here of the digital currency
and it does not look good right now though
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 26, 2015, 03:28:29 AM
yes i think,,probably only a problem for people who save bitcoin
the price is sometimes rising and suddenly dropped to make them restless  Grin
Activity: 560
August 17, 2015, 10:47:14 AM
I think for Bitcoin to be accepted as a true currency that's being used, it's important for the price to remain somewhat stable.
If you look at bitcoin as more of an investment, then it's good that there is an upward trend.

Price stability is definitely important, but I think the price has to also stay above a certain level.  I mean think if the price went down to say around $100 and stayed there, or even the current price of ~$260.  Sure it would make it a lot easier to transact with, BUT that would limit the current buying power of all the btc in existance to just over $1 billion at $100/coin, or $2.6 Billion currently.  Thats a drop in the bucket in the global economy.

At that price btc could never make a real difference worldwide.  It could continue as it currently sits, a niche tool for money transferring, anonymous money dealings, money laundering and internet payments, but not a real currency.
Activity: 392
August 16, 2015, 06:44:15 PM
If you only have btcs for speculation,  then yes.

I think anybody who has a decent amount of Bitcoin will care about it's price. Just a couple dollars can swing their net worth massively. It is a challenge to hedge your investment in these conditions and as someone said earlier, most people fail to keep their holdings worth the same let alone more.
Activity: 294
★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice
August 16, 2015, 02:33:41 PM
If you only have btcs for speculation,  then yes.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
August 15, 2015, 06:55:03 AM
I think for Bitcoin to be accepted as a true currency that's being used, it's important for the price to remain somewhat stable.
If you look at bitcoin as more of an investment, then it's good that there is an upward trend.
Jump to: